Third Parties HATE Nintendo Switch

The Switch only has 4GB of RAM. For comparison, PS4 and Xbox One has 8GB of RAM. Even phones these days come with even more memory than the Switch. It's severely limiting the potential of the developers, which leads to games getting DOWNGRADED or not working at all.

Also, the system only comes with 32GB of internal memory. All the latest consoles and PCs come with 1TB by default. You can upgrade the Switch storage with a micro SD card, but with video game sizes getting bigger each year, there's no telling how much SD cards you must carry around just to have a collection of digital only Eshop games.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-manufacturing-cost/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh wow it's almost like Nintendo has had shit third party support for ages.

Ff15 is coming to the switch. It was teased so about a week ago.
Most importantly 90% of current vidya is a bloated mess and should rot if it wasn't for the fucking casuals.

Sam situation with the N64 and Gamecube. It goes forward in some aspects, but it goes completely behind in others.

Nice quads, best girl.

Nintendo is just about the only developer that actually optimizes their shit, so of course other developers have issues.

That's not a stamp of approval for Nintendo, but shows just how low the bar is for most studios.

If you actually need 8 gigs of RAM for your game, you are definitely doing something wrong.
Sure having more RAM allows you to reduce load times if you load everything at start up.

The main problem with the Switch are its CPU and GPU, which are essentially just glorified tablet hardware, opposed to the glorified PC hardware the PS4 and XBone use.

Nintendo has been garbage with third parties for a long time now, this isnt news.

Very nice

(checked)
Super Mario Odyssey will create some hype, but how long after that will the bubble for this version of nintendobox finally pop?

Oh wow, this certainly isn't a retarded fucking consolewar bait thread.

Pathetic.

Why do you keep doing this Nintendo? Would it really be such a bad thing if you just made a normal fucking system with normal controllers instead of relying on stupid gimmicks? Hell, the Xbox controller and the Dualshocks are basically patterned after the SNES button layout and have been for decades. Because it works and people like it.

When they made normal systems with third-party games like the NES and SNES, they sold tons of them, to the point that "Nintendo" was the ubiquitous term parents used for any video game system in the 80s and early 90s. Since then they've made one console after another with some goofy gimmick that nobody likes and developers don't want to deal with.

(checked)

If you can name a new game coming out that is
Then maybe you'd have a point.

Maybe if any developer didn't hire bottom of the barrel snowflakes for programmers, then they wouldn't have unoptimized trash that needs the hardware as a crutch. That and not bloating their games so "muh pirates" don't download them.

A weird hybrid, half portable half not, console doesn't have the specs of a regular console thus making most third parties not want to port shit to it.
Shocking.

(Checked)
Nice.

Lots of downvoting. OP is going to regret losing all that karma :^)

Quads of truth

Based Switch gating the system from shit-tier "developers".

The problem isn't necessarily that the hardware isn't powerful enough, heck the gameboy was a severely underpowered system and it still got ports. The issue is that it's positioned as a state of the art piece of hardware while it has zero features that a modern Fisher Price toy doesn't have.
At least with an actual Nviddy Shield you can stream games from PC.

Nintendo has sold as many Wiis as NES and SNES consoles combined, though.

I bought my switch for first party Nintendo games, I can play big graphics-intensive multiplats on my high powered PC. Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey, Metroid Prime 4, Kirby, Yoshi. I know what I got into.

Nothing of value was lost. The only one that remotely bothers me is MH World but signs are pointing to that being casual as fuck, and again I can just play it on my PC if it actually is good.

Everyone knows that Nintendo makes high quality games, those games are the only reason people have Nintendo consoles in the fist place.

If more people had access to Nintendo game without the need to buy their latest only Nintendo games box, How much more successful would Nintendo be, if they went the way of Sega and just released there games multiplat, and stopped wasting their money on making hardware with gimmicks that no one cares about.

< nintendotoday.com/nintendo-switch-manufacturing-cost/

This has bretty much been their strategy since the Wii.

Something that will never be replicated again because the normalfag audience playing vidya isnt going to boom again

This is retarded because the Switch sold like hotcakes and still is. Obviously buying a new console is not a roadblock to people who want to play Nintendo games. The Wii U sold like shit because people literally did not understand it was a new console, they thought it was a $300 tablet add-on for the Wii. Ask anyone in retail.

When did the "Switch has gimmick controls" meme start bu the way? It has a normal controller that you can just hold in 3 different ways, where's the gimmick?

Doesn't it still have wagglan?

That's a shockingly small profit margin for Nintendo. They can't make more than a few bucks per console at that rate. That's probably the smallest profit margin they've had for hardware.

The fuck? How, how the fuck does that game need 4GB. What could it possibly need more hen 4GBs to run. Is that the botnet limit for bnet? Does it need to triangulate your location in real time as it shuffles your deck? How badly optimized is that game? I don't even give a damn about the switch, what the hell is game doing?

Nicesu

(checked)

I'm okay with this.

Everyone knew the Switch was a piece of shit. This is not news

The PS4 controller has motion control support, doesn't mean all games have to use it (Only Until Dawn comes to mind). The only Switch game that I can think of that needs motion controls is ARMS. Spla2oon has them but they're optional. Rest os just normal buttons.

The joycons are a normal controller broken in half, and there's also motion built in if you want to use it.
Splatoon has motion controls which are objectively better than pure analog sticks, but you can use analog sticks if you want to be a faggot.
ARMS also offers motion or analog.

There has been no game so far forcing you to waggle except their tech demo bullshit 1-2-Switch, which should have been a pack-in and not sold separately for full price.

I'm glad I came into this thread

If these faggots learned to optimize their game in the first place, they wouldn't need state of the art processors and graphics cards to run their shitty indie pixel survival crafting roguelike games.

yeah, but it's significantly downplayed.

Did you expect Half Life 2 on the original DS? Some of the devs like Blizzard and Ubisoft.

However something like Ace Combat 7 or Red Dead Redemption can't be straight up ported to the system due to it's handheld nature. It's not a traditional console, it's a handheld with an advanced USB-C to HDMI component. I do wonder if the Switch can be upgraded through an add on or whatever. Regardless it's a handheld, not a console. Stop thinking of it as a console.

I've had 4 gigs of ram in my PC for 7 years now and I've never felt the need to upgrade. Consoles don't even need to worry about an OS eating up resources and they look ugly as fuck thanks to having lower res textures (thus taking up lower space), so why would they need more than 4 gigs?

Checked.

Optimization is a dead art.

I needed more ram so my VMs could run better. I think if they want to run emulators of old consoles or use backwards compatability you'd need more RAM.

Yes allot of people will still buy Nintendo consoles, but if Nintendo game were mutiplat then that has the potential to triple the amount of sales they get on software since then there won't be people who need to decide if it's worth it to buy a Nintendo console just for Nintendo games.

Because no one knows how to optimize their shit anymore, especially nips they are fucking terrible at it.

nice

Fuck, even Nintendo games run better on pc.

They probably make just as much while being infinitely more relevant by being their own proprietary platform. They're also fiercely possessive of their IPs (apparently the Rabbids were toned down and made not annoying for that Mario game under Ninty's supervision) and they'd probably rather go bankrupt than go third party.