Shoot my shit up

what are the STG´s with the best soundtracks in your opinion?

the thunder force games are high up in my list

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFEuPq_lBMA
youtube.com/watch?v=2-6fQv66quw
store.steampowered.com/app/691310/Trouble_Witches_OriginSpecial_additional_character__Cotton/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this the new term for shmups or what?
I can't keep up with kids these days.

My shitposting side wants to say Touhou but my heart still says that Gradius has some of the best STG music.

Fuck jewtube, have a webm.

I wish there were more ShooTDems with locational damage, like Yars Revenge on crack. Kinda sick and tired of every enemy being a damage sponge.

man, I never gave the Cho Aniki games a look because I imagined it was all about being japanese weird, but this soundtrack seems pretty groovy

Gaiares has a good ost, but I might be biased since I forced myself to beat it. took me like 2 months on & off.

if you didnt get sick of it by then it must have done something right

I don't know, Gradius is good but Garegga is one of the only shmup OSTs I'll listen to in my free time.

This is RIGHT up my fucking alley

I really love the Cotton soundtrack, so much so I own the Cotton Complete soundtrack CD Success released for their 30th anniversary. The only thing missing is the Turbo CD Fantastic Night Dreams OST, but it's OK. I can't escape the feeling that the composer for the games cared deeply about Cotton because despite one other game, every single game he's composed for has been a Cotton game. He hasn't even done anything since that one other game and I can only think it's because there's been no Cotton games since the PS2.

There's plenty of shmups with destructible parts out there, user

Touhou is full of Magical Girls. It's a shmup too. Why did cotton die?

Blue Revolver's OST is pretty awesome.
youtube.com/watch?v=fFEuPq_lBMA
youtube.com/watch?v=2-6fQv66quw

cotton was laid to rest in a DS strategy game. She had a good run and revolutionized shooters at least.

You mentioned in another thread you missed on an arcade cart of a cotton game in english & that it was incredibly rare (I know it's you cotton poster). How rare are we talking? I looked at that arcade board & it's almost entirely games that came out on saturn.

not cartridge, board. System 16 Fantastic Night Dreams arcade board. Someone got it in April for $42 which is about a $300-500 discount.

I confused it for the ST-V, which is also a sega arcade board with cotton games.

I like batsugun's soundtrack, but it's not something I would call the best but it's enjoyable also there's only five stages, i think i can 1cc this easy

I was thinking if I should emulate the Turbo version, the arcade original or the playstation port

turboCD runs at 30FPS but the music is possibly the best Cotton music ever…Arcade original, x68k both have their merits too, Arcade original is probably the best way to play. I am not very fond of the playstation port music but the game plays fine.

I suggest playing the arcade version, listening to the Turbo CD soundtrack.

man, thats some amazing fucking music

who could guess that such a cutesy game would get that energetic

it also has one of the best "christmassy" sounding songs of any series of games I've played. Even better than freezeezy peak from banjo kazooie. Overall I most recommend playing Cotton FND Arcade/Turbo CD, Panorama, Marchen Adventure 100%, Magical Night Dreams, Boomerang. Rainbow is an acquired taste but there's some things to enjoy.

Truxton, of course.

some of the tracks from the playstation version are pretty good too

you just like it because it's an easy game

they're still beating some COINs out of her corpse: store.steampowered.com/app/691310/Trouble_Witches_OriginSpecial_additional_character__Cotton/

every dodonpachi, all of namiki's stuff is great

it's the japanese term since shmup would make no sense & is phonetically awkward

Then say shoot 'em up or just shooter.

Anyway, I find it hard to choose. Radiant Silvergun is super epic and full of variety, but Ikaruga's gloomy hopeless atmosphere just made it more memorable.

What the fuck, the music for stage 1 is incomplete in that video. Here's a better one.

For the love of fuck call them shmups yoy fag, good taste in music, yes, youtr still a cockguzzler for calling them this nonsensical STG shit term.