When did you last clean out your controller?

When did you last clean out your controller?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Look at this poorfag.

And remember, newer controllers are better!

Why not just keep your hands clean you disgusting shit. I've never needed to clean a controller.

i should probably clean my stick

I've been thinking I might need to clean out the left analog stick on my PS2 controller myself, as every so often it automatically reads no input as forward (up) input, but seems to clear if you fiddle with the inputs a bit. That said, I'm not sure if it's an actual stick/socket issue or maybe something to do with the controller connection to the system.

Never. I run a toothpick through all the crevices about once a year though.

I've been using the some controller since 2007 and it's still doing fine. What controllers do you have experience with, that they break down so fast?

Niggers

DS3>DS2>DS1>DS4

The

Nigga you stupid.

Is it even useful in preventing hardware failure because all I see is it being a huge risk with anything other than cleaning the surface with some alcohol and calling it a day. Unless you know your way around a solder, or know someone that does, I'd just keep it at that & buy new controller when it start's to fail on you.

Now you know :^)

>>>/freech/

The resistance on the analog stick is literally getting bent out of shape. There's no way to get inside and adjust the unit's 'springs', but you can buy a replacement from Aliexpress. This part is entirely mechanical with no electronics, it's essentially a lever that the sensors around it read the position of.

The DS3 easily has the best quality buttons, sticks and rumble (providing you get an early version). Sony pumped a retarded amount of money into the PS3 thinking it would help sales. The DS4's uses far cheaper parts both to absorb the costs of the touch pad and because Sony learned that normalfags can't tell the difference.

There is absolutely no risk in doing this, all you're doing it removing the controller from its plastic shell

360 controllers are infamous for this issue, only the N64 pad had worse control stick degradation.

Mine is having problems with the buttons. It's weird, because the controller hasn't seen much use, I've only played a handful of games with it and it has spent most of its day stored. It isn't even that old, either.

I've been thinking of opening it up, but I don't know if that's gonna solve anything and I think I have to remove some pads from behind to expose the screws, which I don't want to do because I think they'll probably break.

Xbox 360 Controller.

I've used the same dual shock 3 that came with my original PS3 on my PC and it's still working 100%. I've had two 360 controllers with fucked up analog sticks even though I only ever used them with the Xbox and I only played a few games with them.

I gave it a good cleaning on the inside when I changed out the sticks.

The DS3 is the absolute chinkiest controller. I've used Madcatz controllers that unironically feel more sturdy, durable, and well-built than the DS3. The buttons feel like shit, the sticks are looser than the average 3D slut, the analog triggers feel like squishy garbage, especially in comparison to the DS2's (largely digital) triggers, the controller feels like it used the most bottom-barrel plastic for its housing, and on, and on. You could hand me a pile of dogshit and it'd be more well-built than that chinese piece of trash. It is without hesitation the worst Dualshock ever built, arguably one of the worst modern controllers ever built, giving the 360 controller a run for its money.

Its a fucking PS1 gamepad and the triggers and bumpers are shit.
DS3 was iterative and the Sixaxis was a shit gimmick, but it was pretty good since it was a good upgrade to the DS2.
The DS4 is a shittier variant to the DS4 which also has a weird as fuck lenght thanks to its fucking shitty touchpad gimmick.
Fuck the DS4 and its apologist, fucking garbage and a literal downgrade.

New month, time for cleaning. Hahah

It's like you want your body to not fight bacteria on their own resulting to a weak immune system.

There's always some lard-ass with sausage fingers in every thread about controllers complaining about the DS3.

It's not an opinion that the DS3 is one of the best quality controllers ever made, it's objective fact. The way it feels is what subjective opinion is, you fat retard.

I too enjoy blistered thumbs.

Fuck you, Barry, this is why I made you bring your own controller.

I was excited as fuck for the DS4 after all of Sony's shilling; a new Duel Shock that works natively with PCs and has a touch pad mouse. That is until I held one in my hands. It honestly feels like a cheap knockoff controller.

A toothbrush and some alcohol is sufficient for cleaning most controllers, after using a jeweler screwdriver to remove crud from the seams. When acquiring controllers that are clearly nasty, especially anything from the previous century, disassembly and proper cleaning are essential. All plastic parts and rubber pads go in the sink for soap and water washing, PCBs get alcohol for general cleaning and Hoppe's No. 9 for any corrosion, and the cords get wiped down with windex and paper towels. God, controller cords are fucking gross on used controllers. The paper towels come back BLACK after the first pass.

DS4 is fucking garbage I honestly can't see anyone but the retards who bought a PS4 to actually defend it.

I still use my 360 shitpad, think its inferior and still think the goddamn thing is fucking awful with the Bone and Ninty Pro being superior in everyway aside from the last not having analog triggers and being shit for the price.

Honestly, fuck the DS4 its fucking trash, defending it is just as bad as defending the 360s shit tier Dpad/Click triggers the last also being a fucking problem on the Bone one.

Why not just clean the cords in the sink? The controller shouldn't get wet unless you have downs syndrome.

Soap and water doesn't immediately break up the decades of caked-on grime, and I don't like trying to clean controllers if the first one has made the water into mud. Also fuck putting cables in water; I don't need the hassle of trying to clean something that's four feet long in a small basin.

A third-party wireless GameCube controller. The darn thing only lasted two weeks.

Why the fuck are you still using a DS3 when the DS4 exists?

Props to cleaning your shit, though. Nothing feels better than making these babies shine like new again.

I want handlets to leave.

Tell that to my chink GC controller.

It's your own fault

Even if you are cleaning your hands right before every use, they will still fill with shit just from dead skin.

when was the last time you jerked off with your best friend while playing videogames?

Because the build quality of the DS4 is cheap and it has high latency issues.

You mean as a prank?

Stop using wireless then, faggot.

Still feels leagues better than the DS3.
No, I'm not. I grew up with PlayStation and know how to hold the bloody gamepads. All prior DS controllers feel shit if you have adult-size hands.

The DS4 has higher latency wired than other controllers do using wireless. That's how terrible that DS4 is and why you should feel bad for using it. If you have huge hands then use the Nintendo Pro controller.

Which Pro controller? Wii U or Switch? I really don't like the D-pad placement on either of them, though.

The Wii U version, it's a great controller with good ergonomics.

To be fair that's the reason I'm not using it, I'm in a minority that prefer lower adjacent analog sticks. I once posted my ideal controller, but the general consensus is that it's an abomination.

This is a better controller.

Really the only thing I dislike is the color scheme and lack of a select button.

Face buttons could be a tad bigger too.

Where are the analog sticks?

How the hell did you get it back together with the shoulder buttons still in place?

thats where the keyboard and mouse comes in

you keep trying until your eyes pop out.

How many fucking hands do you have?

I used a special tool when I was slotting them into place, pic related.

They literally clip into place, it's not hard.

Cleaned out my GC controller and added notches 3 months back. Need to take apart my old ass 360 controller and replace the sticks and see if I can't fix the left shoulder button not working half the time. Not that it matters much for fighters, which is why the sticks need replacing, but it makes games like Dark Souls a pain in the ass.

How did your d-pad get so disgusting? Do you even wash your hands?

DS4 sucks.

Because its shit

Have you ever even held a DS2? It's so much cheaper than the DS3.

Nothing beats the DS1 in terms of durability though.

-DS3 > DS1 > DS4 > DS2
-Dook >Bone > 360
-SNES > Gamecube > NES > N64 > WiiU > Joycons >Wagglanshit

Prove me wrong

Does the PSP have the worst analog in all vidya history? That piece of shit is so flimsy and it ends up moving on its own all the time.

Keyboard gamepad>All

Pleb

Big, shitty, and less sensitivy than a common mouse, not even worth it as a middle mouse.

I haven't had to yet. I do it often at my job though.

Switch Pro Controller is the best Nintendo controller to date, but it's extremely overpriced. I paid $88 for the Splatoon version because I'm a faggot

Does a trackball count? Thing had been scuzzy for years and I'd figured it simply stopped working. These was so much finger smeg around the ball and sensor.

Technically it's not a stick, but it still manages to outdo the N64 control stick.

Going by that logic you could throw in the 360 elite controller, which is technically a decent controller but will a bullshit price tag.

Over ten years worth of clean hands.

Behold as I

respond to multiple posts

in a single reply!

Going from the DS4 to the DS2, it's immediately apparent that the DS4 has MUCH better analog sticks.

DS4 has the worst sticks. I hate that concave design.

It really is solid and durable. My two DS3s started randomly pressing buttons when pressing completely different buttons, and I thought they were toast since cleaning the pads and contacts didn't help. Later on I found the actual reason - it was bad contact where the little foam sits. I padded the foam and shit was back on track.
That's the one caveat I find with the DS3: That foam thing gets squished and needs a bit of padding sometimes.

The mechanics of the sticks are smoother, yes, but the buttons feel just as cheap as the Steam Controller, and the build quality is almost as bad.

What do you mean by foam thing? I've never heard of this issue, but I want to keep it in mind if the same thing ever happens to mine.

There's the hard circuit board with a bunch of contacts in two rows - the soft, flexible circuit (pic related) connects to those contacts via the 'tab' you can see in the pic.
To make good contact, there's a small foam behind where the contact is made, said foam sits on the white plastic. Eventually said foam gets a bit squished and the contacts start having intermittent connections, making all sorts of buttons fire up at random.
All you need to do is pad it a bit. A single layer of electrical insulation tape should do the trick.
After padding, the controller is completely fixed.

Simply search youtube for 'ds3 random pressing buttons fix' and you'll find videos about the foam.

Thanks, I'll remember that.

The only issue I have with it is the lack of analog triggers. Not that it's a problem for most games, except the simmiest of racing sims and I've got a wheel for those.

Who cares if it feels cheap so long as it works? I never got this idiotic complain. So long as the D-pad and analog sticks are much better, who cares? It's not like it breaks in under a few months. Had mine for over two years now and it's still going strong.

Do you happen to know where to get replacements for the flexible circuit? Specifically for a 360 pad, I don't want to trust chinkshit.

Why use a controller when there are other controllers available that feel a lot better to use?

where do I get this?

Because they don't have as good a D-pad or analog sticks? Moron.

Where do you think the controllers are made in the first place, Lord Satan?

I figured as much but I still wanted to at least buy them from a trustworthy seller rather than a random account on Amazon.

The buttons and dpad are better on the DS3 and Nintendo Pro.

This thread inspired me to clean my controllers, and since my DS1 was all dusty from lying around I decided to start with that. I didn't scrub it or anything though, I just took it apart and soaked all the hard plastic parts in water with dish soap.

No.

Doesn't the DS4 have a lower latency Bluetooth connection than the DS3 did? I'm pretty certain it was improved not just for control but also to make sure there were no audio sync issues with the speaker/headphone jack. I certainly don't doubt that its wired connection is slower than a DS3 wired connection though.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. DS4 changed the design they had been using since the beginning.

Oh, but it is. Always has been. Dualshock d-pads were torture devices.

DS4 downsides: stupid LED light, half-concave analog sticks, no more pressure-sensitive face buttons (bad for emulation/ports of PS2 games that made use of it).

DS4 upsides: improved grip ergonomics, better L2/R2 triggers, improved d-pad, analog sticks no longer accumulate a mysterious white powder around the rings they rub against.

The shape buttons being closer together on the DS4 doesn't seem to have had any positive or negative effect on me. Also I remember it felt like it was harder to click the sticks in but that seems to have smoothed out over time.

DS4

While I'm at it, I have to ask, is there finally a program that lets you use the DS3 on PC that isn't a malware/adware infested shitpile yet?

DS4Windows is so nice, I wish it would just work with DS3s as well.

There has been for a long time.
forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Hahahahahaha no.

Not quite what I was thinking but definitely an improvement it looks like.

Clean controllers are comfy.

The only problem with the DS3 is that after awhile it starts making double button presses, so you'll go to press Square and it will register Square plus R1 or the PS3 button. I was playing Mega Man X4 before and every so often when I'd press the Circle and Cross button to do a wall kick I'd wind up switching to the ice shield and using it at the same time and it would fuck everything up for me.

I've never had that happen before but this post mentions a fix

How does this compare to SCP?

That is SCP

Ah, fair enough. Disregard me, I suck cocks.

Does disassembling my vita and putting it in a wii u gamepad shell count?

Fucking casuals

How? But most importantly, why?

I'm a big guy.

A bigger more ergonomic shell for if you don't have tiny hands

Which game is that meant for specifically? I have one in mind.

Smash tourneyfaggotry

It's just like modding a controller, only, with slightly more sodering and checking for compliant parts.

What about the screen? Post pics.

I can't post pics, the only camera I own is the vita.

I can draw a picture to give you a general idea if you'd like

Too bad. I find the 3DS XL terrible to play, but that wouldn't be feasible on the gamepad.

I'm more interested in the process, actually. What did you replace?

Alright so I started with Two slim Vitas
Both PCH 2000 Iirc
Step 1: I took Vita 2 and unscrewed it and took it all apart, then put it back together then checked to see if it still worked It did
Step 2: Ordered a few extra Vita slim Joysticks off the internet
Step 3: Wait for them to get here
Step 4: Short cables on the joysticks to figure out how each one works
Step 5: Gut extra PS3 controller I had laying around
Step 6: Break Vita 2 attempting to rig the thumbsticks to it
Step 7: Get another Vita
Step 8: Rig Thumbstick to vita and attempt to play games with it
It Worked
Step 9: Do the same with the right stick
Step 10: Gut Gamepad
Continued in second post, need to go get notes

Alright minor important note
THIS WAS NOT AN ON BRAND PS3 CONTROLLER, IT WAS THIRD PARTY

After gutting it, I have some measurements listed, not actually important, you can measure your vita's screen and the screen space in a wii u gamepad and some 3d files that I no longer have on my computer that were made to print the assembly of frankensteined parts inside the wii u shell to where they won't drop through.

In general it's a good idea if you have broken/replacable shit around to take it apart, it's easier to learn that then to explain.

I see, thought you managed to use the gamepad screen. Thanks, user. Ought to learn this stuff someday, handhelds were not designed for long fingers.

You probably COULD use a bigger screen if you could find a compatible one, I just didn't want to fuck around as intensively.

also without better battery documentation a mod like that would be pretty bad for battery life.

Why didn't you just buy a PSTV?

Shh

Never and now one of my ps2 controlers isnt working. Time to pop it open.

I tried cleaning my ps2 controller today. Now the buttons won't respond