Nightmare Creatures 3 just announced at Pax

Nightmare Creatures 3 just announced at Pax

By the creators of Spookys house of jumpscares, that albino chick is the indie dev that keeps on giving in terms of niche shit you thought was dead.

For the chillen its basically bloodborne with the tone of spawn. 90's as fuck and its back baybee!

Necromancy is such a dangerous sport. I liked the original, but that little reveal offers naught in terms of gameplay, so I wait patiently.

Oh cool, something I liked back when I was a kid is going to be butchered. Again.

That is unfortunate.

You are a wise owl.

This was my immediate thought.

I wonder if it would be possible to pass a copyright vidya amendment that prevents sequels for franchises over a decade old.

It would probably just be easier to kill anyone stupid enough to buy it than get something like that past congress.

She seems alright for a pigmentless daywalker. I dont remember spooky being anything but a parody of pewdiebait.

Am I the only one that thinks that Spooky's House of Jumpscares is just padded out trash to make you feel like the money you spent was worth it?
I doubt this'll be any better

Looks more like a tumblrina than an actual albino.

Yeah, thats fair.

So, is NC2 any good? The first is on my backlog but 2 doesn't seem to have been as well-received.

Euthanize.

This.

Nightmare Creatures was not a good game.

Goddamn, this actually looks like a nice ride

Aaaand the game is doomed to fail.

They easy way would be fuck with the copyright like with No One Lives Forever. Then fans can just rerelease it without having to deal with the tangle up mess of IP rights holders.

It seem like it was intended to be a streamers game. Something made with low effort but get popular like Five Nights at Freddy's. The padding was more lazy design than trying make your purchase worth it.

I thought that game was free

I remember this games style always stuck with me. It gives off the same vibe those black and white horror movies do.

What, the low-poly look where they try to get the texture to look as good as possible to make up for it?

Because if so, good taste. Can't get enough of this sort of low-poly thing, I unironically wish it would become the next pixelshit hipster bait

Yeah idk what it is, but low poly + good textures always has had a certain charm to it. Ontop of that though this game also has a bunch of other things though. It's dark grey + fleshy pallet. The design on the environments is gothic but not like overly obnoxious with it.

Which versions on the best? Read up for 2 minutes and leaning toward N64 for 1 and Dreamcast for 2

I only played bits of 1 on the PS1 so I'm not sure. The art style always stuck with me but the gameplay is pretty simplistic so I didn't stick with it. I might give it another shot though after this thread.

It was pretty good for its time.

Isn't that part of Morrowind's charm aswell?
It screams PSX era.

Jesus, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for IPs to reuse. The original Nightmare Creatures is one of the worst games I've ever played.

I don't really get that same vibe from Morrowind. Weirdly enough every time I look at hitman 2 I always think of morrowind. It might be because of the shaders or something.

I remember my dad played through this but got stuck on the last boss. That and you have to chop zombies in have an shit.
Why bother remaking this?

Running out of graves to rob.

Now watch all the underaged faggots on neogaf call it a bloodborne ripoff.

I guess so, actually. Morrowind's graphics/world spaces were way more intensive than those consoles would have allowed for though, of course. It's like what you get with that "poly count" bait image.

… in that increased graphics capability will mean more expansive, detailed worlds even where it doesn't mean more detailed individual models.

It was great for it's time, the sequel, not so much.

Did anyone who worked on the last games working on this one?

I want it to be dark & refreshing. There's a 99% chance they'll fuck it up though

We live in a world where I had to google that to make sure it was bullshit. After the Starfire and MJ casting, I can't take anything for granted anymore.

Tell me, Why does it hurt to live?

happymerchant.jpg

The only reason why it wouldn't happen is because they know it wouldn't sell.

May all this western live action remakes of popular animus fail so holywood will never touch it again

Fuck. Everytime I hear about a new sequel/remaster/whatever for a game
I loved in the past, I expect the worse.

Why exactly?

it's disgusting.

You could end it, you know. Ren.png

Explain.

You first user.

Did you not see those? Fucking google it man.

Please tell me that pic related is a joke

Starfire and MJ from Spider-Man are black now. It's fine to blackwash but not whitewash.

It's just some cuck speculation for the witcher and his desire for it to be blacked.

Is it by the original devs?

WE WUZ WITCHERS N' SHIT

Fuck this game and make a sequel to Dark Earth

No, it's the clunkiest, buggiest shit I've ever played, it's blatantly unfinished, to the point of having missing textures and animations.

different day, same pain.

Gonna agree. The low poly but high textures enforces a hell of an uncanny valley and really helped horror early on because you couldn't always tell what you were looking at, so your mind filled in the blanks with whatever scared you.

The thing that stands out about that boss to me is all the blood and shit. I haven't played the game, but I assume it's from some ancient abandoned tomb. Nowadays they'd make it all realistic and have some decayed monster, but this thing is covered in blood and flesh.

The walls have blood and shit on them too. All of the enemies there are like skinless monsters with one even being a clone of you.

I too wish anime would die, but hollywood's never going to give up and neither will the kikes in japland.

tr pretty much becomes scorn in the final level