Can Holla Forums recommend me some 16-bit era RPGs? I tried pic related, but I couldn't get into it for the life of me

Can Holla Forums recommend me some 16-bit era RPGs? I tried pic related, but I couldn't get into it for the life of me.

Other urls found in this thread:

sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/progress/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not Breath Of Fire 1 that's for sure.
ur trash kid

The Brandish series

Live a Live

Maybe give The Glory of Heracles series a try.

What didn't you like about Treasures of the Rudra, OP?
The magic system?
The 3 different storylines which you can swap between?

Lunar and Lunar 2 (Sega CD), but Working Designs was a pack of fucks. Thankfully, there are patches for them to remove the bullshit that WD had put into them.

Nigger, you said you liked Earthbound. That's fantasy mixed with modern day.

I almost don't care how much Live a Live gets mentioned because I feel like it's never enough. People hear about it so it's not unknown but I feel like a lot of people don't play it.

Metal Max Returns? I never got very far into it, but the setting is really cool. Post Apocalyptic with tank customization.

Not 16-bit, but 7th Dragon 2020 is a different take on Fantasy that makes me enjoy it a bit more. Games a little bit of a grind with only little bits of character progression and very little player choice (like most JRPGs, I suppose) so it feels a little like a chore to get new abilities to finally get new tactics to try on enemies. I'm happy all my anti-flyer moves came in handy recently against a bunch of flying dragons, though.

Robotek
Shadowrun
Front Mission Gun Hazard

OP should play Romancing Saga III and get REALLY fucked.
Get the fuck out.

Filtered and reported.

Came here to post this. The scenarios are hit or miss, but when they hit they really hit.
I'd recommend the order of Prehistoric -> Kung-Fu -> Sci-Fi -> Ninja/Wrestling -> Wrestling/Ninja -> Mecha -> Western, but that's just what works for my taste and gives a pretty good balance of strong and weak scenarios throughout.

Retard alert.

I wouldn't call it that. It doesn't play on the typical fantasy tropes in any fashion, outside of being able to use the names of roles for your characters. The actual setting outside of that and to a lesser degree, even just the powers you get makes it less fantasy and more just a weird modern day RPG. A lot of the early things you fight aren't monsters or bandits, they're just average joes. Like fighting off a gang leader or a bunch of cops.

kys fam

Phantasy Star IV

I would say modern day mixed with pop Sci Fi, but let's not forget that Earthbound fucking fails miserably as a rpg and even worse as a good good. It is shit and only being remembered now to faggots circle jerking tumblrtale.

Good game and really the only one worth playing in the Sega series.

Yeah, I've played Earthbound man, and if you think it doesn't have Fantasy elements then you don't know what Fantasy is It's more than just Tolkien. It has magic (I don't care if they call it 'psy'), various races, talking animals, magical melodies, fantasy realm princesses (or did you not play Mother 1?), and tons of other tropes of fantasy. Just because it dresses things up differently doesn't suddenly make it not fantasy.

If I were wrong wouldn't you refute something I had said? I think you don't even know what fantasy is.

underage thread confirmed.

I'm almost 30. How about you actually refute what I said instead of being a massive faggot?

It is Sci fi, not fantasy.
You can say how old you are all you want, but you are still a child, faggot.

How about Magicant? How about the Princess of Magicant?

Confirmed for also not knowing what Sci-fi is.

user, you really don't know what Fantasy is. You think fantasy is Tolkien and that's the box you've put it in, you don't get that fantasy is a wide genre that contains more ideas than just england in the dark ages. Also I never said earthbound is only fantasy, I just said it has fantasy elements.

if you're open to 32-bit systems, I could suggest some great saturn RPGs.

Stop posting, kid.

Now we are talking.

You argue like a triggered ten-year-old.

try these and die waiting for parts 2 & 3 of Shining Force III to be translated.

I'm sorry, where did I say that? For god's sake man I'm talking about a game with a fucking MAGICAL SONG and a fantasy realm with a princess. These aren't things that can be traced back, these are fucking fantasy elements.

>>13341846
I love how you can't debate what I'm actually saying so instead you go for the weakest part of my arugment. Sure, whatever, talking animals some how aren't fantasy. Magic some how isn't fantasy because instead of it being magic the player pulls from mana it's psy the player pulls from pp even though they do the same thing. Sure, they're not, you win if that's how you need it.

Now how about that fantasy realm, magic princess, and magic song?

If you really dislike fantasy, this is all I can recommend checking.

You're out of touch. The games are mostly done aside from part 2.
sf3trans.shiningforcecentral.com/progress/

Now as for games we'll never see translated.

Earthbound has fantasy elements and anyone who doesn't think so is a retard that doesn't even know what fantasy is.

You don't even have 1 hour a day to study? I doubt that.

Pointless.

Would rather spend it playing vidya or recreational purposes as I have very little time to myself. Also I know that no matter how much I learn jap, you'll never be fluent compared to japs who are learning it from day 1.
Hello fatass.

I probably weigh less than you. Stop eating so much if you need separate exercise to burn it off.

I'll go eat my shoe, then. Not before sharing some more Saturn RPGs however

you learn moon, I'll learn CRT this way in the oncoming collapse we can share our skills with each other.

Good luck without that muscle mass then.

I eat no more than 1500 calories a day. I just value being physically fit and not a fatass or skeleton learning a language for niche purposes as opposed to practical ones. If I learn a language I want to do something more than play with toys and cartoons. I also have a backlog of non -moon games I barely have time for anyway.

How is Dark Savior user? I hear some say it's shit, while others say it's one of Saturn's underrated gems.

It's a very detailed game which is really something to behold considering how often saturn games cut corners visually, but I think it's worth trying. Combat is really different from most games too, with its action oriented approach, but I think you might find something really enjoyable there.

There's better RPGs on the system like panzer dragoon saga which is a must play, but don't hesitate to give dark savior a try.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

I remember it fondly, but I also played it way after it came out. I won't argue that it's shit in most aspects, I just enjoyed a different setting in a JRPG for once. All the references make it dated as shit, though.

Did anyone play it? It's more of a pain in the ass than anything else. And sure, but there's a reason SciFi isn't considered fantasy despite also having similar tropes of various races, talking animals, magical melodies, etc.

My niggerest nigger that ever niggered on this niggering planet.

Really? I thought Saturn games had a decent amount of detail. Maybe I just haven't played enough of it's library yet to tell. Burning Rangers seemed alright, too. And that's despite being a primarly 2D console using tricks to make polygons and warp them to look like they're 3D models in a rather large environment for a Saturn game.

play some of the earlier games, and see some comparisons too with ps1 games. resident evil, tomb raider just as an example look remarkably worse on the saturn. Burning Rangers is a first party title and of course, sega had the best tech expertise with their own system. Developers had to utilize the tricks saturn could do effectively to get the best results. Things like infinite planes and correct utilization of quads could lead to some gorgeous results especially when the system supported some really high resolution display modes. This isn't to imply that the PS1 versions of games are the best ones, I recommended Grandia before precisely because it looks a world apart on the Saturn compared to the PS1.

Also the 2D games were the best looking of the generation easily.

user, you're thinking of Science-Fantasy.

Also:
Wew lad. Honestly you people need to spend less time playing video games and more time reading, that might help you realize that the fantasy genre is more than just Dragon Age and DnD.

Also I didn't even notice this before but, you niggers know Flash Gordon is Science-Fantasy right? Just like Star Wars.

It's an action RPG and only has a single party member but its amazing.

Weird. Not really a fair comparison though, since they put that blurry filter on the PS1 version when it doesn't actually have that.

no, the game is compressed on the ps1 because it was designed for the saturn first. Grandia is a good example of the team taking a good advantage of the systems tricks. The floor makes use of the systems infinite plane function which allowed for shadows on buildings. The resolution is sort of like what SotN did on Saturn, just in reverse.

I'm talking about the full screen bilinear filter. It's not supposed to look like that.

fair point, I don't know why it's like that, I believe that guy usually direct captures from the original hardware as a source with the best possible output.

The floor textures in Grandia PS1 are a joke since it's a half-assed port.

Terranigma. If you only play one of the games in this thread, make sure its this one.

I was wondering why they always looked so completely random.

Rudra no hihou has great gameplay
the problem is the story is shit

Yes. And?
what the fuck is your point faggot your'e just stirring shit up. No one is even arguing with you

Just because their posts got deleted didn't mean they never happened. Pardon me for correcting idiots, god forbid anyone ever do that.

Because they are, lazy fucking gooks.

My nigger. Great game

And a great soundtrack. And a great story.
This game seriously doesn't get enough recognition

That's like learning latin: Worthless

You mean like playing video games?

No way, how else are you gonna play all those Latin bideo games?

Oh wait.