Twin Peaks inspired 'year of dreams' PS1 release Mirruzna Falls, The land of Woods and Repose gets fan translation

Twin Peaks inspired 'year of dreams' PS1 release Mirruzna Falls, The land of Woods and Repose gets fan translation

projectmizzurna.tumblr.com/

So for those who don't know Mizzurna falls was one of the few games released in 1998, known by consumers as the 'year of dreams' and publishers as 'the golden era' that remained in Japan and as such did not get the cult classic reception most of the years other releases like Metal Gear Solid or Ocarina of time did.

Contrary to Yu Suzuki's bragging about Shenmue recently, Mizzurna Falls was the first open world game. A Mystery Thriller inspired by Twin Peaks in which a young man investigates a strange mountain town where his friend has gone missing and she might have been abducted. It used real time npc movement and schedules that meant you could miss 'scenes' occur and clues and get good or bad ends based on what you investigated and where.

It had been a Resi 1.5 style desired rarity and a few translation projects were attempt but fell through but with the Twin Peaks revival a translator working in Japan took it upon herself to find a copy and translate it and make a fan patch. Said patch is almost complete and filthy gaijin everywhere can finally try one of the last critically acclaimed releases of the best year videogames ever had that has never come out in the west or had a proper translation online.

So yeah, bookmark that shit niggs the waitings almost over.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming
archive.fo/2017.09.02-160840/https://localizethis.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/xseed-kkk-localization-controversy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Goddamn it i thought you couldnt duplicate imagefiles?

BECAUSE LOOK AT THIS SWEET ASSS COVER.

Oh shit I know about this.
Wish I still had my PSP to play it

Its finally happening. The last big release of the year of dreams playable in english.
What a time to be alive.

Aside from that it's a pretty good game, I own a physical copy

Every translation project seems to have something up like that.
Better than the autistic furries or sjws or folks who go 'the sun told me to stop' crazies i guess.

Also FYI this was the last game the Clocktower and Fire Pro Wrestling devs made before they shut down like 9 months later.

Yeah um no, no you didn't. We've had Open World games as early as the 1980s. Keep pretending you did though I'm pretty sure it'll help you with your Kikestarter scam.

Clocktower is overrated imho

It is they made shit happen on a NES nobody else could. Getting shit out the hardware was kind of their bag.

Ignoring the translator's… questionable taste, why do they always make it so hard to find info on their past work?

I really like Uncharted 2 too honestly, people here give the series a lot of shit but it does do a lot of stuff well

I'm gonna have to get out my CRT and play this bad boy once it's released.

Why was 1998 such an amazing year for vidya?

innovation, style, fun. It was the refinement and apex of everything that came before and everything that came after at best imitated or iterated on them.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_in_video_gaming

It is literally listed on timelines by companies like squaresoft that was as 'the golden age' and modern shit is simply 'modern era'.

It was the best it ever was and was never that good again.

It was the precise point between the first time games were garbage shovelware made by megacorporations and the point they were so again.

Every new piece of information just makes me think that the translator will just inject bullshit into the translation.

I guess this explains why there's no info on her past work. She's never been credited on anything. I also found this blog post she did.

archive.fo/2017.09.02-160840/https://localizethis.wordpress.com/2017/04/27/xseed-kkk-localization-controversy/

Nope.

Not trusting this person. Not one bit.

Is there a ROM/ISO yet?

This cunt can go fuck herself with a plague-ridden steak knife.

I hope he hops back into restoring RE1.5 when the patch is finished. Then again, his collaboration with a cunt of this magnitude is worrying.

I'll bite. It's mostly why it was changed. If it was a reference and a meaningless alteration, why change it at all? It's just a sign. XSeed is at fault for even telling the developer about it. It's just a fucking sign in some place in Japan. Who cares?

I'm more angry at the fact that the person translating this Twin Peaks inspired game seems to think that ANYTHING that could be perceived as offensive should be edited out and "localized". If the translator is going into this project with that mindset then it's fucked from the start–anything in game that can be perceived as offensive to anyone will be changed.

Is that all it is? No wonder they censored it. It got changed because of the cry baby snowflakes are in charge of having the loudest voices and having friends who can push the propaganda in the form of "journalism".

What?

Well, what could have been a neat present ended up being a big fucking turd once again. When will Holla Forums ever learn?

An abbreviation that has no meaning in one country can have meaning in another. It was not intended to refer to the KKK, because Japs by and large don't know what that is. In moving it to another country, it gained an unforeseen connotation. Leaving it as it was does more damage to the intent of the original developer than changing it. There are localization edits worth fighting over, but this isn't one of them.

I'm gonna side with this dude on this one
However it's clear the translator is pretty sjw

You know what, I agree. Sort of. With the current journalists we have, they won't explain it, they'd just drum up controversy for clicks and it'll reach the developer.

It would probably be safer to leave it uncensored if journalists and reviewers were less ignorant and controversy-inclined.

Good luck with that. They have to keep creating false narratives that gaming has a "problem" so nu-males and turbo whales can fix it.

Thanks for the link user, sounds right up my alley