Recommend a controller Holla Forums

Which one will fuck my hands the least Holla Forums ? I know both have wireless options and are usually sold without a cable. So I clearly have to get a micro usb to usb cable long enough to be worth it.
But which one is better for fighting games ?
And which one is more comfortable ?

just get a hori pad you dingus

Its even harder with a gamepad you dumbass.
But whatever
Get an Xbone One or a DS3
DS4 niggers should be gassed like the Sonyggers they are.

user recommended this in a previous thread. I got it and it's great.

Dunno how it is for fighting games though, since I don't play those.

just gid gud with the keyboard.

For console ports and emulation, DS3 if you need analog meme buttons and want non-embarrassingly shit battery life, or a DS4 if you don't care about meme buttons or battery life (12 hours continuous use with moderate rumble at best) and want top-tier ergos.

For fighting games, the best buy is probably going to be a Hori MIni 4 which is a very good entry-level memestick. You don't need a memestick for fighting games, but your hands will appreciate it.

But why? I mean, you could have done much worse (like an F310), but still, why?

Emulation.

I dunno. I'd assume the xbone controller has a better dad and this is coming from a ds4fag

But what about Gen5? I can see skipping out on Gen 6 if you aren't rocking Skylake/Kaby Lake, but we've at least got some top-tier PS1 emulation, and you're missing out on those dualshock games when every DS also has the d-pad in the primary position for optimal

I have a DS3 too.

Apparently I have a Logitech Dual Action in my desk drawer. Couldn't tell you if it's good or not because I've used it all of twice.

some fighting games are okay on gamepads, usfiv works very decently on the xbox controller, but games like kof are impossible to play on a controller, you need a stick to play those.

Like clockwork

Really activates my almonds. The only good gamepad Microsoft put out was the Xbox S controller which was tougher than pure nintendium, but still had a shitty layout and the stick rubber was actually worse than the first batch of DS4s, which itself was fucking embarrassing and (((Sony))) should be ashamed.

I prefer the DS4. It's got better ergonomics than the previous PlayStation controllers, and it's not a huge pain to get working with a decent computer. I use InputMapper (a fork of DS4Win), and some cheap Chinese BlueTooth 4.X USB dongle semi-permantly plugged into a port on my motherboard.
Battery life with the DS4 and DS3 isn't a major issue, and their batteries are cross-compatible. The DS4 IS a pain in the dick to take apart without breaking the retention clips, even using a case opener tool, but the screws hold it together just fine. I also use USB adapters for PlayStation and Saturn controllers, depending on the games being played. Input lag is a concern, though.

Originally I was thinking more about the ps4 one, for no other reason but having player a bit of ps1 20 years ago.
Then I remember having marks on my hands after playing with it continuously.

How so ? Most of the circular motions are harder to pull off with a keyboard.
Especially those that are supposed to happen in miliseconds after the input of another move.

What do you mean by ergo ?

Ergonomics. How it feels in your hands. I've used every mainstream (non-gimmick) first party controller all the way back to the NES at one point or another, and the DS4 has by far the most natural feel in-hand (the worst is probably the DC controller). Even those who normally hold legacy dualshocks wrong (you're supposed to 'float' them on your middle fingers, not try to wrap your hands around the "grips") tend to love the DS4.

you got small hands or something? Doesn't this come down to what you are used too? E.g. people who grew up with a ps will prefer their controller, and others the xbox controller? I never had a playstation amd I prefer the xbox one. The few times I used the playstation controller it felt really weird, because of the sticks being so low. The xbox controller on the other hand, yes even the big ass og xbox controller felt natural in my hand.

Well DS4 I guess. I don't play fighting games though. I have big hands but it still manages to not feel too small. Also I play THUG Pro noticeably better with my DS4 instead of my generic gamepad. This is coming from someone who played mostly Xbox 360 during its gen. It's not hard to adjust to the DS4.

Don't fall for the "DS4 is small meme" until you've compared them side by side.
I grew up with all of the above, which allows me to objectively analyze the positives and negatives with each controller. Also, if you "grew up" with the xbox, you've got to be young as fuck.
I assure you that you were holding it wrong. I had a friend that would whine that his PS1 controller "hurt his hands". Turns out he was trying to grip the sides like his N64 controller instead of floating it on his middle fingers. Once he stopped doing that, he never complained again.

Get out of 2013, please.

K E K

Nah man, the DS3 has a really crap D-pad. All the Sony controllers do. That Hori controller's blows the DS3's out of the water.

The DS4 feels like a cheap Chinese happymeal toy, it's clear they cut costs in order to implement the retarded touchpad. Everything on the DS3 feels better than the DS4.

Negative, the dpad on the bone pad is clearly designed for tertiary functions like weapon switching.
I don't know why you're just going on the internet to lie, tbh.

Actually got a chuckle out of that. If you're going to shitpost about dpads, you should be comparing it to pics related.

Every modern gamepad feels like a cheap chinese happymeal toy. You could use an old Xbone S controller and probably hammer any modern pad to pieces.

Xbox S*

k

The most important thing is the dpad. Sony dpads have always been trash. The Xbone pad is actually decent. If you're limiting yourself to either DS4 or Xbone, get the Xbone, otherwise get a proper pad or man up and get a stick.

We're we talking about controllers you could use to smash other controllers?

If, you're on PC, DS4 is the best option. For it's high customization via software and it's touchpad.

Tell me why it's so shit, user.

Xbone fags everyone!

So why use one?

I just wanna say that xbone controller has the worst shoulders pads in the game. They have the shittiest pivot which makes the inside of the shoulder a huge deadzone. I always hated the PlayStation controllers until I used the DS4. My only gripes are that I wish the triggers had a click when they bottomed out, and the drivers for Windows 7 are a nightmare. Windows 10 works fine though from my experience at friends places.

Has anyone used one of these?

Looks like shit.

Color me unsurprised. Again.

I use it for playing Ape Escape on my retropie.
It's decent.

You're both retarded, the Xbone controller and DS4 are both garbage and I can't believe there are people actually defending them here.

Please show me where I defended the DS4.

That part where you started riding it like your Bad Dragon dildo.

Okay nigger, now your turn, show me where I said anything positive or defending the DS4? Or are you just gonna make more shit up because I'm making fun of the controller you're being paid to shill?

Surprisingly more fragile than the S. I've still got a duke in my legacy controller drawer, but lost two of them due to friends tripping over cables and yanking them into 3 foot drops on a tile floor which cracked them. My clear green S pad survived dozens of similar drops, and still functions today, although the stick rubber is in abysmal shape. I don't know if it's the shape, or if it's built of a slightly tougher plastic, but it's definitely sturdier.

Ergonomics, my man.

At least you tried. Have some pity (You)s.

I got an Xbox360 controller and a DS4 with their respective wireless receptors, I tend to use the Xbox controller a lot more since the d-pad placement for games like Dark Souls and other "d-pad is quick item" thingy is easier to access that way, none of those d-pads seem to do the trick when it comes to Fighting games, specially if you do super moves like Guile's.

Now how do I add these delicious (You)s to my PSN account?

The same way you add them to your XBOX LIVEā„¢ account, show the thread to your boss. Great work today!

If ergonomics were what mattered then everyone would be using Gamecube controllers.

No

This
The DS4 is garbage and feels like garbage.

You are not counting the face buttons, right?

Now that you mention it I did always feel like the S was a bit more solid. Probably the shape. I'll keep in mind that the duke is more fragile than it seems. Am I the only one who likes the Duke's d-pad? It's odd but feels great for multiple genres. Not the best d-pad (that would be the Saturn).

Decent dpad, but terrible location. Objectively worst face-button layout, somehow making the Duke/S with their B/W buttons look logical by comparison. Overall shape isn't great, and the "triggers" aren't exactly adult finger friendly. Also the Dreamcast-esque thumbshredder texture on the left stick is a poor choice. I'm a fan of the c-stick, although I wish it was a little bit larger.

I don't mind a well-worn duke (or the s, for that matter) dpad once they've considerably loosened up for non-precision work. NIB the duke's dpad was fucking HARD though, and felt like shit to try and actuate.

DS4 is nice and big but Xbone has better construction and sticks, I also like the grip ridges on back.
Currently using a DS4 with Xbone thumbsticks.
Have yet to try a pro switch controller on pc, I hear that is nice but ridiculously priced

*N64-esque. Prolab caffeine tabs and heavy multitasking with this online personal shopper shit is making me incoherent.

You really do have bitch thumbs. It's rubberized, as opposed to the 64 stick's hard plastic. If that shreds your thumbs you need to quit doing women's work and expose your hands to some hard labor.