Lucky you! One of your favorite games has been remade. Incredible improvements have been made to the graphics and sound...

Lucky you! One of your favorite games has been remade. Incredible improvements have been made to the graphics and sound, without sacrificing the original art style, environment, tone or overall feel. Little to no change has been made to the gameplay (and any that is addresses key flaws with certain areas) to preserve the original's. The story is left intact, as well as the writing. To help cement all of this, the original team is on board as supervisors and directors in order to ensure the product is as faithful to the original as possible.
Which game would you want to be remade? And why? Would you accept anything new that benefits the game (such as more content at no cost)?

I don't see how mere graphical changes are necessary for already good games.

I'd like a Sanitarium remaster with better graphics and fixed bugs

Custom Robo, I guess.

Just give more guns, Robos and fun stages.

This.
If game had good art style to begin with, there is zero reason to fuck with graphical fidelity. In some cases it can potentially ruin game's looks as well.
If anything upping the framerate is always good, I wouldn't mind playing Diablo 2 or Sotn at 144 fps.

Some games looked terrible, even for the time.

fuck off

Remakes are for underage fags.

related

I don't care about graphics, and I tend to agree that remakes are for selling to underage retards, but I would still like to see Stalker get some more content. Another CoP tier expansion would be better than a remake, though, unless it significantly improved modding.

Look at Deus Ex. Amazing game, easily one of the best ever made, but even for the time it looked like ass. And it has NOT aged well whatsoever. Sure there are mods like Revision that help somewhat, but they aren't faithful to the original game in terms of gameplay.

I should be thankful, maybe it'll lower prices for collecting.

It checks out

Nah, you're the one with shit taste m808.

Not now, not ever, monkey paw.

I could play some Secret of Mana done in the World of Final Fantasy style. They just have the leave the writing mostly intact, maybe touching up the translation.

Nice.
Also, you must know the pain if you aren't some youngfag. You like X genre or Y series of games, you show it to a casual and they complain about the most inane of shit instead of trying out what you like about it.
People into DOS games / Amiga games / Early 3d games are fans like that. They like the genre and then they have to hear fucking casuals about remakes.
It stings a bit, y'know.
As old games tend to require a time and knowledge investment to get to run, there's also some emotional investment, so someone dismissing them for shallow shit like 'graphics' feels bad man.

I'd like to see Sam and Max remade with the graphics of the other Sam and Max games. I don't think normalfags will play it, so the series won't be worse off for it.

SNES games don't need remakes at all, truly timeless games.

The original deus ex. If any game has massive room to improve in graphics it's that.

And yet they remade Final Fantasy VI with that shitty phone port, and hilariously enough they did it while SNES style sprites were in vogue in the indie scene. Even better that's the only version of FFVI you can buy on PC (and I bet it's doing horrible given the roms look better). Oh SquareEnix, you have your finger right on the pulse of the community don't you?

Impressive
One thing I've noticed about indie games/SNES remakes is the text. The game is all pixel art and sprites but the text is crisp and not pixellated at all. It's jarring as fuck and genuinely makes me sick to look at.

I don't exactly want the fancy graphics, I just want more screen space to work with and I think the games would have truly been 10/10s if they weren't on the GBA's tiny screen.

This I can believe in, imagine a GBA style Wario Land game with HD resolution and the content to fill it out

Honestly wasn't a big fan of The Dark Project, sure it had atmosphere and a couple levels were great but for the most part I don't really find myself coming back to it the way I do with The Metal Age.

I guess this could apply well to early 3d games that have that polygon style look (ex.ps1).