Pure, distilled comfy

10/10 comfy areas only and, more importantly, explain why.

Pic related. Absolute god tier music and amazing juxtaposition from the desolate tundra you experience immediately before.

Seriously, listen to this masterpiece: youtube.com/watch?v=ESqZb7hY1S0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-nqUXjMco1Q
moddb.com/mods/chrono-trigger-remake-project
chrono-trigger.com/
a.safe.moe/6wGYC.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mein negger

Not necessarily that hard of an area to navigate and the music is comfy. The boss isn't that hard either

Having just shitkicked all four of the main villains, out heroes fall from the sky, landing in a tropical paradise. It's got a comfy beach theme, a rad as hell ruins aesthetic, no enemies unless you attack first, and the coolest power-up in the game.

full webm for missing 15 seconds

one of my favorites too, enjoy
also, the setting of floating magical island, on a long lost past, way above the destroyed world
that really was something that made a mark on me, to this day I failed to see such a good setting

breath of fire?

Yes. Have some comfy.

let me post them all…

oh one game place that really was comfy too was that ranch in zelda 64, dunno why but I always so damn at home there

pleb

oh yeah, come to think of it, pic related was also super comfy after you repaired the village, the song too, I always lagged some just to listen to it some more

Seeing as most of these posts are coming from RPGs, here's something different. Do I even need to explain? Banjo-Kazooie as a whole is a pretty comfy game. Post more autumn/fall aesthetic levels.

CT is my favourite game but for some reason, I just can't see what's all that great about Corridors of Time and it's setting.

Damn shame the music is less comfy, and stuff is fairly high level. And also that The Shattering ruined the comfiness of the zone.

Reminder that on nu/v/, comfy is a code word for boring, and posting "comfy" threads attracts shit like this

The end of a case in Ace Attorney, after all the the struggles, with that ever so lovely theme playing, one of the most comfy moments in a game I've experienced.

Temp drop after the weekend where I live, time to kick off another round of RPG playan.

Except in cases where it actually is comfy. But I'll agree most comfy posts happen to be boring

Maximum comfs

Into the trash it goes

It's 10/10 while it lasts.

Tumblr, Reddit and 4chan are so comfy that it makes us all hard with our tiny vaginas

Do I really need to explain why?

That train has no bathroom

Zeal was the opposite of comfy, full of deranged arrogant immortals who deserved to die.

Yes, cucksona is garbage

that's the room from heavy rain not persona 4 you dumbass

omg u put cuck in the title of the game xD
personafags btfo'ded'd

I remember when Personafags were a classy bunch, now its just easily triggered autists.

Nah, just means bait is strong. Being triggered is typing out an essay about why master kike should ban you forever and why it hurt them emotionally to willfully subject themselves with words on a screen.

His home has too much space and is far too bright.

I actually like the smaller run down apartment he has later on. With proper care you could get really cozy there.

Persona is legit terrible for real though.

agreed, which one is that fellow stalker?

Borris makes slav land looks comfy.

Nothing like a camp fire, your dragon, and the occasional visitor to discuss current events with. You can even pet your dragon and he'll actually get stronger the more you do it!

Stardew Valley.
All of it.

This is pretty pure.

this album is such an absolute fucking banger

Ehh. Gooks can't into metal

I'm inclined to disagree because Galneryus exists

That's debatable. Persona 5 is okay. Persona 1 is a bit of a grind thanks to being an older dungeon crawler but isn't the worst. Persona 2 was maximum comfy for me. The battles were nice, combination techs were good, everyone could be customized with whatever Persona you wanted to give them and some were better matchups than others leading to interesting team building. The rumor system was also neat, if a bit simplistic.

Theres just something comfy about being all alone in a theme park.

Thats even worse

Telredor in Zangarmarsh was peak comfy in all of WoW. The whole of Zangarmarsh was pretty comfy, with that cool twilight aesthetic and bioluminecent flora and fauna, but then you finish turning in some quests and get on that elevator, not completely sure what you'd find, and it was just this save haven on the top of the largest mushroom in the forest with armed guards and soft beds and you knew you were safe to log out for the night, falling asleep dreaming of getting one more level before heading into that fabled Nagrand zone your guildies were telling you about.

SaGa Frontier had numerous top-tier comfy zones. Sadly, the entire internet doesn't have any good screenshots of them. Kyo and Nelson were the best. The first for the music and the quiet misty atmosphere, the second for being a town built under the roof of a seaside cave and being a laid-back working class town with no worries or cares. SaGa Frontier may have some of the comfiest music in all of video games.

youtube.com/watch?v=-nqUXjMco1Q

Robotrek was a pretty comfy game.

you'll never find anything more comfy than this, though

it just can't be made

you're just wrong, azshara really WAS comfy. I remember spending hours there just riding around on my dinosaur and collecting plants. You just had to play your own music and not the one from the zone

Dubs confirm, i thought the whole game was comfy in an odd way but Zeal was just mega comfy, like wrapped in a burrito of swan down duvet comfy.

This entire chapter of TTYD was my favorite. I'm a sucker for train settings.

That version offends my ears.

Christ, looking back at it Automata made me feel some feels that i've never really felt in a game before. It had a special atmosphere

it still hurts after all this time.

You weren't happy with the NDS rerelease with the Chrono Cross stuff and monster battle mini-game? You don't want to give Squeenix more shekels? Whatsamadda goyim?

I wish more games were set in a floating island/shattered world setting. It's just pure comfy and magic.

LoM is comfy in physical form.

BoF3 was way so good

Don't do this to me fam

haven't played it yet, probably won't in the near future. tell me, is that idyllic machine village ok in the end? does it stay idyllic?

it probably doesn't, does it?

what game is this from?

I've been meaning to play this game. But it like most RPG's on the console has a terrible translation and a rather steep learning curve so it'll probably be a while. But the locations are pretty comfy so if I manage to get around to it I'll probably take plenty of screenshots.

plebs! also checkdem

BoF3 wasn't snes was it?

also managed to be extremely comfy, soundtrack also pretty gud, though somewhat inspired by its ancestor
the game thought I never managed to finish it, listening to its soundtrack makes me want to play though

I think it's an atmosphere driven by an idea - the idea of putting people first and foremost. I don't mean in the sense most people think of in fiction, where characters carry a story. No, I mean its approach to existentialism. The people we care about matter, and what we care about has the deepest meaning; that perspective lets Taro and the team funnel some passion into a place simply existing.

Please play it for yourself. I know you mightn't be able to, but it's the only answer I can give.

like the first user there I haven't played and don't even see myself playing,
just cause I don't usually go for what is hip nowadays

but your description does really make me wonder if its that good of a game
thing is though, do you think its that good because it really is or because you're a young fag and have nothing good to compare it too?

ff3 and ff7, CT and CC are a couple of really good games to kinda set a standard

27. A youngfag in the eyes of some, I know, but I've been gaming for a long while. DKC, FF9, Planescape:Torment, both Paper Mario RPGs, Etrian Odysseys, most Zeldas, Goemon, Trails in the Sky, any game from Rare's golden years…Machine Village is still my favourite hub of any I've been to. It's been a good many months since I've finished it, so I don't think I'm just saying that either. I know N:A is known for 2B hentai, but it's got a lot more beyond that IMO.

yeah, nier automata is really a good game. the guys description was completely on point and a lot of details I didn't even notice until thinking back on it. That's the thing, there's not a lot of areas in the game for an "open world" game, but every single location in the game is that rich and detailed with that much going on in it. It's an absurdly densely packed game. The actual story beats are, honestly, the best I've ever seen pulled off in a game. The emotional cues are struck out of the park and the game progresses its story in wildly unexpected ways that will have you pulling back for a second and reconsidering everything up to that point to unravel the truth at every turn. It's a wild emotional ride and is a moment of true innovation in the industry.

What parts of the game even were comfy after Cataclysm tried making things bombastic? I remember roaming the Barrens and it just being the most peaceful thing we could have asked for.

I totaled my honda listening to this track true story

The mansion from Resident evil 1 and Luigi's Mansion. They know why.

better not have been an integra/accord

The social part of persona 5 is pretty damn comfy, tbh. All of those relationships, all of those memories, made for a fantastic game. It was so comfy I was genuinely sad when the game ended and I barely ever feel emotions over what people claim to be the saddest shit.

God I love a good stereo pan.

Man, Cyan's story was so good, and his theme is awesome, but god damn is he garbage tier mechanically speaking. As fun as Quadroslash is to watch, by the time he gets his higher end techs everyone has level 2 spells and you can just massacre everything with MT damage.

Comfy music and a comfy, yet bustling town. Feels nice to just walk around and know that you don't have to worry about monsters until later

That's not GW1's pre-searing Ascalon though. Polite sage because I don't have an actual pic of it.

Too bad the game is shittier than ever today.

The whole game.

Reminder there was an Unreal Tournament mod Chrono Trigger remake project that was cancelled by Squeenix C&D also:
moddb.com/mods/chrono-trigger-remake-project
chrono-trigger.com/

Unlike Resurrection, this one aimed at being a complete remake of the entire game. You'll never see it, though.

Square Enix also killed some Chrono Trigger ROM mods with C&D.

copyrights are a mistake

PS1 and later ported to the PSP (released physically in Japan and PAL, but as a belated "digital only" in NA last year or so; incidentally, the PS1 version never got on the PSN for whatever reason). Basically, as far as physical releases go, Breath of Fire I and II were SNES (and later ported to the GBA with no improvements to the translations), Breath of Fire III was PS1 and later PSP, Breath of Fire IV was PS1 and, oddly enough, PC, and Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter was PS2 only (and I don't think it's seen a digital rerelease, but I could be wrong).

in respect of the trips I'll post definitive version

One day, try sitting and listening to this with your eyes closed. You'll understand why it's comfy

I know the Japanese version is available on PS3 as a PS2 classic. Not sure about the English version.

Dug up an old screencap I'd saved for reposting purposes from a spreadsheet on who-got-what PS2 JRPG rereleases to double check. You're right as to Dragon Quarter having been rereleased there, but not here. Understandably, the western PSNs wouldn't have seen Super Robot Taisen Z, or Phantasy Star Generations I and II, on our PSN (we never got them out here in the first place), but with the rest, it seems like most of the ones that the west saw on our PSN Japan didn't see, while most of the ones Japan saw rereleased digitally are still physical PS2 only in the west as far as official means of play go. In comparison, most PS1 JRPG PSN rereleases that NA saw were also given the same rerelease treatment in Japan, which makes the PS2 rerelease scenario seem all the stranger to me.

(checked)

Man I really wish Yoko would give us a (atleast rough) translation of the lyrics to his music. Betwen these, Song of the Ancients, and Beauvoir (Opera Boss) there is a lot of this fake language and you know he had a specific meaning in mind when he, or whoever else, wrote the lyrics down.

Friend of mine introduced me to this game a little while ago and although i never finished it, the music was comfy as fuck

comfyfags eternally btfo

Man that takes me back…

Aw man. Thanks for posting this. Still have it too. Lots of good memories.

Simpler times my man.

Every other day the junkyard theme from Nier gets stuck in my head.

Thanks for posting this I like it a lot, I went and found the original recording of it if anyone's interested: a.safe.moe/6wGYC.mp3

CCW's winter theme always felt kinda bittersweet to me, probably because it's the last world before the endgame.

That Simpsons episode makes me feel comfy whenever the focus was on Homer. At least until he started a fire by accident.

I'm like 60% sure Chrono Trigger was partly inspired by Sonic CD
Some of these backgrounds almost look like they were ripped off for CT area designs

I love this game so much. First game I bought with my own money when I was an underage

Shameful.

Whenever I hear this song I keep expecting the encounter music to just kick in at any moment.

If your hubs aren't comfy then you aren't doing it right.

What did they mean by this?

Are you serious?

You got me, I completely made that up, they're completely incomparable and nobody could ever see one and be reminded of the other

if persona 5 wasn't turn based i would love it but alas

I never said it was plagiarism you dumb nigger

Not really seeing it.