Underrated weapons

underrated weapons

Other urls found in this thread:

shadowwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_of_Orochi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you only knew how satisfying that weapon is.

Best belt-fed machinegun rolling through.

Quite possibly the least satisfying sound effect out of any handgun in any game.

Bait thread?

Second only to the war club for melee potential.

Who underrates the devastator? Having an explosive weapon with piercing near hitscan projectiles is a godsend for horde shooters.

What game?

Star Trek: Elite Force 2. Pretty rarely mentioned since most people love the first game more. I used to play the shitty mac port back when i was a teenager a lot.

Nod Engineer for life.

Bestoc.

I mean his battle chip. Shit saved me so many times in BN3

All the guns in hl2 sounded wimpy and not satisfying at all.

I found the AR2 and Python to be pretty good, at least compared to the other weapons.

every hl2 weapon is shit mainly cause the enemies are giant bullet sponges. how can anyone play that?

This whole game is underrated.

I'll nominate the concussion beam in Future Cop LAPD, and the Quake 3 plasma gun.

What was up with that weapon's burst fire mode anyway? You can empty the entire magazine if you hold secondary long enough before shooting. It's like you're "charging up" the gun.

It's about on par with the RE4 handgun to be honest.

Shame most of the weapons in that weren't great, except for the personal ion cannon and beacons, and the vehicles. Sniper rifles too I guess.

This thing with the explosive ammo upgrade makes a very satisfying boom and the firing sound is very snappy and makes me want to expend all my ammo just because it feels nice to shoot.

9/10 and then 5/10 at best once Trigens show up and ruin everything.

You're right, RE in general has some really bad weapon sfx.

I don't get this meme. Trigens are arguably the best part about the game. Killing mutant monkeys was more fun than your generic grunts.

and useless. i've completed whole game just with stunner

For me, the best part about Far Cry that set it apart from other shooters at the time (besides the graphics) was the semi-stealthy sandbox approach you could take to tackling the levels filled with pretty decent AI. This gives the early game a ton of replayability. Then Trigens show up, stealth largely gets thrown out the window, and you're just mowing down bullet-spongy mutants.

It's interesting your first time through, but there's no real replayability there for the trigen levels.

buffed estoc
estoc is best
are 2 different things
which one?

pump shotgun from san andreas
i would post a picture but i can only find modded shotguns

Considering there's even several levels where you get few (as in mixed with groups of mercenaries) or no trigens after you first encounter them and half of the trigens encounters are best dealt with stealthily I don't even think the people spouting it know what they're talking about.

I'm so glad Volition lost 90% of their IPs

Bait thread?
The only good weapon was the magnum and dicking around with the gravity gun.

Yes, user. It sure is fun "stealthing" through shitty corridors with bullet sponge trigens, or driving around in a truck and mowing them down with the turret. The only level that's a nice change of pace is when you're dropped off without any ammo and need to fucking book it, and even that's a little bit too confined with the obvious proper paths you're supposed to take to bypass them.

Why do you hate fun?

He's not saying the game is underrated you chuckle fuck. This thread is about underrated weapons in their respective game.

Read my post, captain autismo, i mentioned weapons, not the game.

I beat a lot of people two handing this shit.

Journos should be gassed and so should you.

The only thing your post did was prove OP's statement correct ya ding dong.

The Red Faction series had tons of fun weapons that fit the universe, Volition just started shoving in LOL SO RANDUM XD shit into everything since they pissed the sheets with SR3.

Most of the encounter with them aren't in corridors though.

You have to follow the river unless you're really good at kiting and using the machete (and even then with all the scripted spawns in the jungle you're still gonna get your ass mauled most of the time), but after the helicopter wreck you get more options.

To be fair the giant ones are quite bulky but that's what the P90/shotgun is for, also people don't realize just how much explosives suck against trigens (probably done intentionally because of the guy rocket guys)

It's a fun weapon and I respect people who can do good with it.

Wish it never got cut and became a separate weapon.

Isn't that the first charger in the game? I swear I see people using that all the time. I really hate chargers in Splatoon 2. I have a much harder time dodging them than the first game.

No, it's a charger from the first game that recently got added to Splatoon 2.

Maces and blunt weapons are horrifically underappreciated and poorly represented in games

despite hl2's issues valve did have the right idea of simplifying weapons into distinct types.

We live in a edgy world

crushing style weapons too. I like the idea of smacking opponents across the room or into the ground with a gigantic club or something. Slow, long wind ups you gotta prepare for, but absolute devastation upon impact.

Choke on a burrito Carlos

Something about a rifle that shoots a frozen sliver of mercury that hits my hot button.

I can't think of a weapon that's less satysfying to use.

Also, most HL2 weapons suck. The pistol is the worst, the smg is weak and incredibly inaccurate. AR2 and the revolver are alright. Shotgun is pretty fun, but the short range sucks.

how's that underrated? if you find one, that's a granted kill for each shot, it's probably one of the best weapons in the game

Faggot.

well since we are talking about pistols, the ut3 enforcer was very decent. Hit-scan, very accurate on first shot and 20 damage. Those are some good values.

Nothing beats rolling a Stealth Black Hand during a stalemate, walking over to a Havoc sniping from half way across the map, and slapping a timed C4 on him. Half the time they don't even notice.

this, if you dont use a big sword, you are NOT and NEVER will be a big guy

What's underrated about it? Go ahead, I'll wait.

Hey reddit.

git gud.

San Andreas still holds the trophy on that one.

The MP7 sounded alright, and the combine assault rifle was okay. Otherwise you're completely right.

I have good memories of Oni but those goddamn cutscenes and dialog

Is Shadow Warrior 2 any good?

No.

I always liked the D-Longsword but everyone seemed to regard it as a completely worthless weapon because it was inferior to the D-scimmy. Seemed okay for babies first dragon weapon, really I just wanted to use it because I thought it looked cool.

Are you stupid or just illogical? The entire point of Deus Ex, gameplay-wise, is being able to beat the game whatever way you want.

You must not have the shitty 1.4 patch steam forces onto everybody where enemies can see and shoot through walls.

When it comes to any Crytek game, 99% of people on imageboards and other video game discussions repeat memes and rumors other people made up. The other 1% actually played the game and know what they're talking about.

Shadow Warrior 2 has the gameplay from 1 and guns don't feel useless on higher difficulties, like they did in 1, but aside from that Shadow Warrior 1 is better in every way if you play on normal mode.

2 isn't bad, but they had the idea that randomish levels would add more replayablity, when in reality it just makes everywhere you go look and feel the same, "only this time there is a big tunnel or something."

Having actually level design makes 1 a far better game instead of what 2 has. where it feel like the 4 corners of the level your in are puzzle pieces, but they have to be made to all fit together in anyway randomly, so there is nothing unique about them.

The story is lackluster too, shit just happens and there is no stakes in anything.
They tried to do Hoji again, but "its a girl this time" but she just come off as boring since there is nothing interesting about her.

I did see something about a girl in the videos. I'll check it out on a sale.

I'll tell you this, just so your not as disappointed as I was.
The Nobitsura Kage isn't usable in the game, there is a shit side quest about it, and it gets turned into a shit item that you will never use.
During the holidays there was a Christmas side quest, where at the end you got a replica of the Nobitsura Kage but it's not the same powerful sword, it just a looks the same.

Lame. I saw that it has some looter shooter elements so I'm guessing there are loads of melee weapons to choose from as well. Are they Diablo random tier or unique?

The are some weapons that have the same move list but they are all unique.
Like there are duel swords, or laser duel swords. you only pick up weapons once.

This, also spears and most polearms

True Volition lives on in the Freespace SCP community, sad they decided to go, quite literally mad with SR3 onward in particular rather than work on Freespace 3, but perhaps for the best in retrospect.

Outside being satisfying, Valve sure made it's best job to make it useless.

stupid frog this is not a rapier

Great swords are for drooling retards, they're a no-skill crutch weapon for idiots who just smash their way through things without thinking.

What is that, the Warborn mace? That's not underrated. That fucker is a beast. Entire set is beastly.
Oh come on, the only way this could be any more easymode is if you were a Witchblade instead.

Glass-cannon is a legitimate strategy

that pic is from nearly 4 years ago when I stopped playing the game

It's still pretty decent, though some of the rebalances they've done piss me right the fuck off. Also, that one new dungeon, Port Valbury, was BALLS.

Best time in MP was on Walls where it was surprisingly easy to just sneak into Nod base as Hotwire and take the HoN down like a boss. Even on large 24v24s you could slip in so easily.

the cyclone and avenger are hands-down the most satisfying weapons to use in PD. the faggotsight doesn't count

How is that thing not outclasses in every regard by UT99's Enforcer? That thing does 25 damage per hit and doesn't look like a fucking camcorder

That's probably some variety of Kirilian's Skullbreaker. It doesn't have the red tint of the warborn mace. Also curious, what do you find worse about Valbury than the Bastion?

The loss of any level design is a pretty big blow, and the only redeeming parts of the story in 2 are some of Wang's quips. That being said, some of the options for upgrades, like charged, multibarrel, or explosive shot, are actually pretty fun; there's nothing like dashing right into someone's face and firing all three barrels of a shotgun into them. You get more options with mobility, double jumps, air dodges, and other ways to move faster, which is a rarity in the genre. The melee weapons that proc special powers are also decent. If they hadn't fucked up with the maps, it'd be an unquestionable improvement over the first game.

shadowwarrior.wikia.com/wiki/Arm_of_Orochi
Isn't this basically the same weapon as the Nobitsura Kage?

In function Yes, but it's no were near as exiting to get and use. In the first game you had to earn the Nobitsura Kage by getting all the pieces. The sword meant something and was important.
The Arm of Orochi is literally just handed to you right before the final boss.

t. sorcery shitters

If you haven't tried it out give Exanima a try, it's unfinished at the moment but smashing dudes with the big blunt weapons is boner inducing as the entire combat system is physics based. So you can oneshot them with a blow to the head or send them flying.

The funny thing is, its also entirely underrated in TF2.

Occam's Razor would easily lead one to believe that it's just an "okay" gun that's mildly interesting, but has no game-changing benefits, just so they could have a tie-in for another game. I certainly did.

It used to be kinda shit since you had to rely on saps to get crits but now you get crits for backstabs so if you're doing your job properly as spy you always have at least one free crit to pop people with. Its funny as fuck having a few crits and getting caught by a heavy only to kill them before they are even spun up

You are absolutely rubbish tbh.

I like you. You can stay.

It was expensive, but getting multiple semi-auto headshots never got old. I never see anyone use it though.

One thing that really bothers me with every CS was the fact that 95% of people use only: M4s, AKs, AWPs and Desert Eagles, and the MP5 in 1.6 and Source.

I always found it extremely enjoyable to buy a XM1014 and hold tight angles with it, it's super satisfying to kill people with those "shit" weapons.

Another cut HL2 weapon I like.

its the squiffer. a charger with a shorter range but also a shorter charge time.

way to no-fun your way through the game, you'll never know the small joy of shooting into a crowd of npc's with this thing and watching them all fly away

almost makes me want to play again

To be honest, I wouldnt mind playing TF2 in its current state if Holla Forums had its own community server. Gun Mettle did a shitton to rebalance everything and nuTF2's still a decent game but its fanbase 100% F2P, Hackers and chat-bind spamming tards. I like weapon unlocks for the most part since a lot are fun and interesting, so TF2V isnt really for me

thats a mod, right?

What about big clubs and big axes? Aren't they for big guys too?

Spotted the faggot brainlet DEX fag.

Fucking peasant

dont know how this meme started but i love it

Kek blesses STRlads like us and looks down upon DEXfags.

No. It's just a not-so-secret weapon.

why kill'em with 30 hits
when you juust kill'em with 1 hits

another big downside is the Borderlands like enemies and loot system they put in. Can't stand that they decided to go with that

fuck wrong gif

It was the first CoD I got after CoD 1, singleplayer was fun for one playthrough but holy shit was it the perfect example of how cinematic bullshit in gaming went too far. Multiplayer was fun despite its many flaws.