ITT: Characters living a peaceful life till you rolled up and started some shit for no good reason

ITT: Characters living a peaceful life till you rolled up and started some shit for no good reason

Don't to this mushroom or his mushroom son ever again!

Other urls found in this thread:

thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others-Gleiwitz&TheStartOfWW2-GlenI.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Am I the only one that finds it boring how almost all living creatures in games only exist to attack you?

Nothing wrong with that but it would be really cool if you could at least appease or even befriend certain animals in RPGs.

You would probably really enjoy the first nier game.

Undertale did it but it was extremely mediocre, then tumblr sucked it into its void and the rest is history.

I'll try it out then.

Thank you.

Just remember the end is only the 50% point. THEN shit gets real.

Great thread OP.

Should any of us be surprised?

it would be cool to have the houndeyes leave you alone if you aren't a threat to them, but at least there's a solid justification; everything that comes through from Xen is surprised, scared, and in an alien environment. And the first thing they see in some cases is some nigga with a crowbar coming at them

original plans for Bioshock had similar; not all splicers were going to be hostile, and it wouldn't be type based but subject to the individual, leaving you to wonder if you should shoot first

Play testers are retarded animals and ruin video games? Say it ain't so

but that's wrong.

wew

Imagine the USA somehow looses a war and Mexico claims Texas, then starts exterminating Texans two decades later. Do you think the USA is justified in beating the shit out of Mexico?

games you will probably like:
game you will probably love:
>rain world (world is a food chain simulation more or less and you just happen to be rather low on it, creatures react to you appropriately and remember you and you can even befriend members of the main enemy type if you give them gifts, though you can't do it for more than one since the two will fight

Wasn't that suppose to be one of the gimmicks of Clear Sky? Also, in XCX, you can leave some of the animals alone, since they will not attack you unless you attack them (Even if you get a bit too close).

oh fuuuggggg

you made his spirit angry, user
prepare your anus

you realise the "polish aggression" was a falseflag op by the nazis, right?

I remember reading an investigation about the Gleiwitz Indicent by an American who looked up all the direct sources he could find and the whole thing basically boiled down to documents mentioning a few Polish uniforms in German possession which are stated to have been used for the false flag attack.

However, he found contradicting documents which hinted that the uniforms were instead used by German commandos during the actual invasion behind enemy lines and his conclusion was that instead of it being a German false flag, it was far more likely to have been an attack by Polish terrorists.

I tried looking up that report but unfortunately didn't find it.

I looked again and I think I found it.

thebirdman.org/Index/Others/Others-Gleiwitz&TheStartOfWW2-GlenI.html

I seem to have remembered a few things falsely.

No it wasn't. The Abwehr used Polish uniforms for a false flag and several commando attacks inside Poland at the start of the invasion, but the Poles rejecting negotiations and massacring German civilians because they thought the Anglo-French guarentee would protect them and even let them push their borders to near Berlin is an historical fact.

But that was Valve's fault, not the playtesters. I mean the game makes it pretty apparent that the xen aliens are generally hostile so it's expected for the player to shoot every one he sees. That's not a reason to have made them all hostile. The houndeyes being neutral could have easily been left as a cool little known fact for players to discover on repeated playthroughs.

Mind you, any case of a game getting worse due to playtester feedback is ultimately the dev's fault.

Nier Automata also has you feeding the animals so you'll be able to ride them.

And yet that later level of Xen has the Vortigaunts that don't attack you if you leave them alone. Houndeyes were supposed to be much more complex too, with pack behaviour, sleeping with one keeping watch, and reacting to things in the environment. They're also adorable, I wish they'd been left neutral.

Everything seems to be a damage sponge on hard, am I just doing it wrong?

Or in the first one, stealing a tusk to go boar drifting.

But how can I pretend to be some superior, enlightened gamer without blaming them casuals?

This asshole and his entire existence

Why would you shoot the houndeyes if they didn't attack you? They were really cute, I always felt terrible having to kill them. Fucking playtesters, goddamn.

Life was going fine until they had to feed a new parasite.

dark souls 1 was so fucking beautiful. too bad the sequels were so shit

back to pol

As much as I enjoy Monster Hunter, I do dislike killing the monsters for such petty reasons. Only the really huge ones seem to be a problem to the (gay) community.
Oh no, Bubbles the Dragon makes the field all slippery, what a tragedy. Only Deviljho is the only one fucking shit up, eating because he needs to eat , but Jho's cool.
Are there even that many quests that boil down to "this monster ate a group of children/people, avenge them!"?

Soap can devastate crops and lead to rampant starvation, asshole.

Some of the elder dragons are pretty dangerous, though most of the time it's due to the fact that they are either fuckhuge or dangerous as balls when they feed.

Balloon squid here just eats wood, but it does so by pulling a Kirby and sucking up the whole damn forest and anything else not nailed down and it isn't picky about eating any of the creatures sucked up with said trees, so naturally you wanna make sure it doesn't hover by a village and decide to park for a snack.

Dalamaadur is super sized fuck you big and reshapes continents where it goes, so even it existing is dangerous.

Beyond that, not a whole lot of monsters qualify for having a reason to be hunted where they were actually a danger. Sure occasionally a crop is in danger, a trade route is blocked, or a hunter got a rhenoplos stuck up his ass like everyone, but usually trouble only springs up when an elder dragon shows up.

That said, not all elder dragons even cause much trouble. Hell, look at the intro to Mon Hun 2; Some hunters are fighting a Blagonga and while they are doing that, a Kushala Daora decides to shoot the damn dirty ape. it doesn't even stay to eat it or anything and it wasn't targeting the hunters. So what happens? The guild ends up tracking it down and sends hunters after it, finding it in a fucking JUNGLE because "reasons". Then Kush just chases them around on foot for a bit and then stands there, even making the storm dissipate, but hunters gonna hunt so shit goes down.

When you fight Fatalis it's in Castle Schrade. There's no one in Castle Schrade, and in fact when you see a panorama of the surrounding countryside, there's nothing there either. Fatalis has killed everyone in the country. It also canonically kills every hunter that goes after it and melts their weapons and armor into its own hide to make it even stronger.

>proceed to shit on (((the chosen people))) to the point shit hits the fan
>gets fucked over by (((solaris))) and turned into a weapon to fight your friends

One of many victims of typical (((Primordial Serpent))) tricks.

Obligatory.

Nigga was just trying to run away from a fatalis

ITT: Characters living a fucked up life till you rolled up and started some vanilla shit for good reasons

This hyper aggressive fucker right here would wreak havoc and generally fuck shit up just because it felt his safe space was being threatened. If I remember correctly, he was overusing his explosions in the volcanic area fucking up nearby villages and environments as a result.

Okabe did NOTHING wrong.

tragic