Starcraft Remastered

Will it look like shit? You be the judge!

Also SC thread

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20758757648
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The protoss rendering doesn't look so bad were it not for the horizontal glare meme.

You know what? With low res sprites you just couldn't see senseless garbage like this.

Blizzard didn't update the cinematics… why leave that out?

I finally beat the campaign. What now? I don't think I'm good enough to play 1v1s, I don't have any friends that play, and playing regular games against bots doesn't sound too fun.

For fucks sake.

Play the second one and realize just how bad they tanked the franchise's plot.

I can't wait for the C&C remastered where they redo all the cutscenes with twice the resolution and half the budget.

:^)

yes

Nice Imgur filename. You find that image on reddit, you faggot?

I completed SC2's campaign a few months ago. It felt unsatisfying. Once the story was more about ancient gods fighting each other and less about people trying to make it in a hostile universe, it just wasn't relatable anymore.
But in SC, there were a few H O L Y S H I T moments- like when Mengsk leaves Kerrigan behind and when you realize the overmind has been turning her into its secret weapon. I knew about these things having played SC2 before, but there's nothing like playing through the missions yourself.

Ech, those buildings are fugly.

The old zerglings were cute…

:^)

Shit, didn't take long for the game industry to go from, "all old games are archaic and outdated!" to, "let's remaster and rerelease all these awesome old games!"

No shit, it was a stock-standard Blizzard story of Redemption Arc's and Coming-Together-To-Fight-The-Corruption plotlines. If you've ever played a Blizzard game then you've done it a dozen times. They're generic and lack depth, being more about making sure the brand mascots live happily ever after.

Do I have to remind you EA owns C&C? They'll charge you $5 per mission to play the campaign, will stop supporting online after half a year and remove skirmishes and the map editor

That motherfucking goy of the year should have got shot before being able to mail that CD back to blizzard.

us.battle.net/forums/en/starcraft/topic/20758757648

The funny thing is that they did it again the Legion WoW expansion with Illidan standing in for Kerrigan, or so I've heard.

The entire game is a reskin. There is nothing new in the gameplay. Nothing else to discuss but looks and monitor support.

Didn't they also discontinue supporting the original titles too, at the same time making them free?

Also, how did they change the licensing to fuck over e-sports who don't give blizz their cut?

I think sc1-bw non-hd becomes free to play with a crippled lobby.

I'm trying to play warcraft 2 classic but the cinematics are a black screen for me. I've tried the patches and nothing is working.

*warcraft 3 classic

got a problem with blacks?

I don't get the angle of your Nigger joke, cinematics are audio and black screens. I got it straight from Blizzard so it's already up to date.

One of the features of the remastered version was something like
Did they remove problematic dialogue and stuff like the sexy medic lines?

Stop playing knockoff Warhammer 40k.

Found a work around, note I already tried the compatibility mode, some command line registering for certain files, and fixed install directory problems. Play the game with the disk image either from disk or the iso mounted.

Shit's a bit fucked but whatever, game runs fine if you don't mind having zero cutscenes.

Try installing RAD Video Tools. These games use old Smacker video codec compression, though the installer should have made them playable in-game. I had to do so for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided to get cutscene audio working, which uses the Bink video format (same company, Bink is newer/better).

SC 1 plot was very good. SC2 plot was cookie cutter, nothing to make me want to purchase any expansions they might make. Mengsk did nothing wrong, Kerrigan had to be sacrificed to save the crew and build the Dominion. Can't have a zerg magnet flying around with you 24/7.
Just awful luck that the overmind was working on turning her the whole time.

They've done it several times in WoW, especially with Sylvanas. It's all that fucker Metzen's fault. It's his favourite copy paste plotline literary journey.

effort

Actually, Mengsk did one thing wrong. He should have shot kerrigan in the head and incinerated the body so the zerg couldn't get her, but that's predicated on him knowing the zerg wanted her. Then all he'd have to deal with is Raynor's crappy little "revolution."

Don't remind me.

It's like a mobile game. Why more and more games make this aesthetic choice? It looks fucking cheap.

at least he got lots of digital swag tho

How much were his cosmetics worth in dollars?

$250

Blizzard sent him a copy of Overwatch Origins Edition and $250 credit for the Blizzard Store. The rewards didn't stop there however; later, a huge box arrived in the post, containing a treasure trove of Overwatch and Diablo PC paraphernalia.

That still wasn't the end of it though; a week ago, Khemist49 received a further call from Blizzard, this time asking if he'd heard of BlizzCon. As an additional reward for finding and returning the StarCraft disc, the company said, it was offering an all-expenses-paid trip to BlizzCon (which this year takes place in Anaheim, California), including dinner and drinks with the Blizzard team.

OP I have some useful information for you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_bag

Well, at least they're treating their little goy will affection and care. Like that one user said: He should've copied the disk information and then ship it to blizzard. Then a few months later upload the info online.

Good goys type real names in facebook and generally love leaving perfonal information on the internet. He wouldn't copy it after posting it on reddit.

Well yeah, after all it was a reddit faggot who sent that disc back to Blizzard, and thanks to him we'll never get open source StarCraft.

A reddit user doesn't belong here. At all.

Hey retard, the source was on reddit.

Nah I'm fine now, the gamma is a bit weird since putting it to as dark as possible made the whole game look normal and the cinematics much better but if I use a disk image the videos play fine. It's interesting looking at these old cutscenes after so long, they aged much better then I thought they would.

oh great they turned everything into edge lord city

And the imgur filename tells us that he's a reddit user and goes to that shitty site instead of grabbing it off literally anywhere else. Fuck off you redditfag.

Lets not discuss the game or the subject matter of the thread.
No.
Let us instead argue about someone's use of other websites.

I used to like SC until Blizzard pozzed itself and SC2 was shit

I also had a furfag friend who was a zergling and loked snuff and gore and he was only pretending to be my friend and sperged out on me because I was right wing.

Now I kinda hate everything

nice user!

for what purpose?

They screwed with the perspective and now it looks like shit isn't attached to the ground. It'll never take off because the controls are horribly dated. This is a desperate attempt by blizzard to remain relevant in a day and age where the things that made them great are dead and they are kept afloat by popular casual trends like Overwatch and Hearthstone.

I thought the stripes on the ultralisk were organic bumps, like there was some kind of bone structure underneath

Let's compare the franchises:

Warcraft
Warcraft 2
Warcraft 3
World of Warcraft
Hearthstone

As opposed to…

Starcraft
Starcraft 2
Starcraft 1 again

Pretty lame, Blizzard.

He's a big lisk

What.

To be fair Sylvanas just lost a battle with no hope of getting away and Kerrigan was left behind (one was betrayed the other not).

You are right in the rest, Metzen pretty much copypasted a ton of stuff from one game to another, im glad he left the company.

Mengsk didnt know the Zerg were after humans with HUGE psyonic potential to incorporate them into the swarm in its fight against the protoss, which was the main reason for the Overmind to invade the Koprulu sector in the original SC.

Hey, that sounds like one of the plot-threads of Babylon 5. Heroes use psionics to jam the bbeg SHADOW's organic ships.

The Overmind wanted the ability to create destructive and defensive energy like Zealot's psiblades, Archon's autoattack and the Templar's psionic storm since Zerg already have telepathy (at least among themselves) and the ability to intercept radio transmisions.

sage for off-topic