Pathologic thread

Slav user here, new news about my favorite walking simulator.
And those news are troubling.
ice-pick.com/en/pathologic2-2/#disqus_thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(book)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Man that trailer looks like shit.

This is Unity, after all.
I really hate retarded new titles.
"Pathologic 2", even when this is the same story.
And russian name, Мор. Утопия (Plague. Utopia) now just Мор (Plague).

I really need to finish the first one, I'm 17 hours in and only on day 5. I'm so glad the original got a re-translation with the HD release, I got lost pretty early on playing the original.
I hope the remake isn't shit, seems concerning they changed it to Pathologic 2 I'm guessing they're changing a bunch of stuff.

What? they went from Pathologic Remake to Pathologic 2? goddamn it, even the gooks did right with White Day.

Remember controversy about Punch Club release?
When publisher delay release till twitch finish the game?
This is the guy behind this idea, Alex Nichiporchik.
So, new title are his first contribution as publisher.

I talk about this shit:
To release the game, tinyBuild created an event similar to the Twitch Plays Pokémon social gaming events, in which the viewers on their Twitch channel can enter commands to control the game's character, with the mass numbers of viewers often giving conflicting commands to make for humorous events in game. The "Twitch Plays Punch Club" event was started on January 7, 2016, promising viewers that once they completed the game, they would release the title, or otherwise release the title on January 25, 2016 regardless. The viewers of the event successfully completed the game in 36 hours, and as promised, the game was officially released on January 9.

Two things
1 - It may sound hipster, but with new graphics something feel lost compared to the original? Mystery perhaps? It now looks generic as fuck, even with those actors and burds and shit.
2 - Sequel to a finished story really? Maybe it's a dynasty warriors style of sequel when they just re-enact the same story anew?
Between those and framedrops in a fucking sequel I'm not really amazed.
Хуита кароч.

Until they slapped denuvo on it, that is.
In any case, getting a publisher for a crowdfunded game is already kinda dubious, but said publisher making the announcement? Really not sure what to think about this. I guess I'll wait and see this alpha build they're talking about, but I find those news troubling as well.

They took their time to give out updates, but this one is kinda slap to the face, I'm predicting a half-ass sequel at this rate, and lots and lots of jewtuber streamer bait.

They just changed the name to avoid confusion with the original and HD rerelease. Why is everyone losing their shit?

Well it's a kikestarter game, so no wonder it ends up fucked up shit.
t. good goy backer

THEY JUST ADDED 2 TO THE NAME, IT'S STILL THE SAME FUCKING GAME YOU SUBHUMAN TROGLODYTES

Might as well give the re-releases of Skyrim as Skyrim 2, Skyrim 3, Skyrim Remastered, and Skyrim 3 VR, this is just stupid.

Hey that's actually good.
Nothing wrong with naming remake "Game 2".
It's wrong to name remake "Game" as if you discard the original, how current AAA trash dealers do.

This game artsy as hell.
Original name is reference to this book:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(book)
But now this is just faceless "Мор".
And this is idea from dubious, at best, producer, who famous for shitty practices.

Please, just cut off your dick so you don't reproduce.

You are fucking stupid. Go away Todd.

The Void also had a different name in Russian, why didn't you throw a shitfit when they renamed Pathologic for the Western release? You're throwing a tantrum over nothing. I actually agree that it is a smart decision so you don't end up with two games with the same name. Ever since Bethesda released Doom (4) it has polluted all search results for the original.

No, even I know you won't make any spawns because you're both retarded faggots. This is misleading as hell, even a fucking subtitle can give out out the message for this Unity kikestarter garbage sellout game.

I did.
Тургор > The Void.

Nice reverse psychology there Todd.
Will you fuck off now?

gittin wary. I hope it comes out before I fucking die

You're the dumbest person on Holla Forums right now, congratulations.

And both games turned out fine. Almost like a namechange for the mouthbreathing Western audiences (you and 8296b8 obviously) doesn't make it a bad game.

Very defensive of you tards, it's like selling a game you already played again as a sequel, not only retarded and homosexual, but Jewish as well, please defend the Publisher taking over this remake and selling it out as a sequel.

I am original audience, look at my shitty grammar. And my pitch that game could be fine, but marketing as good as dead.
This guy going full "There is no such thing as bad publicity" every time.

But everyone knows this is not a sequel, and the game is not marketed as a sequel. What the hell is wrong with you?

You two are genuinely stupid. I'm not even using hyperbole here, you are fucking retarded in the clinical sense and likely very, very deep in the autism spectrum.

What fucking bad publicity? They just changed the fucking name to differentiate it from the original. Are you seriously so goddamn moronic you can't comprehend this?

Read what you just wrote you retard, why bother giving it "Pathologic 2" emphasis on the "2" and this is just another scam for those who supported the crowd fund, 333K down the shitter.

Read all my posts again. Parts about punch club release and russian title.

I did, all I got was some illiterate sperg rambling about those shitty Twitch Pokemon playthroughs. Kill yourself.

How?

Ah, i see, you don't have basic reading comprehension.

I'm sure it all makes perfect sense in his diseased mind. I think he's trying to say they scammed people into believing they were making a remake of Pathologic only to unveil a sequel instead. I guess he's got such potent assburgers he doesn't understand putting a 2 in the title doesn't change the content of the game.

Learn to speak English you faggot, and stop playing tumblr games.

Learn to read properly. It's useful skill.

What's the problem with this?
The trailer looks nice

I didn't back it.
I didn't even buy the original.
I pirated it like 10 years ago and never finished even the first character.

Yeah, i talk about copypasted wikipedia section.
You are clearly uncapable to read, or you would have known that we are talk about publisher who postpone release for cancerous marketing stunt.
American educational system sure going strong,

Autists didn't take their Ritalin and are upset at the number two.

I'm not American and you're still an illiterate nigger that is sperging over nothing.

Then tell me about wonderous land when people uncapable to read, but still have their own retarded opinions. Or better not. Just go and stay go.

I want Spike and Barley to play this

It's called Africa, and it's your continent of origin.

Huh, what a retard.
Иди нахуй, though.

[despair]

That's the part of the experience though, wouldn't you agree?

Don't you fucking pull a Metal Gear Solid 5 on me

Gameplay is just running between proper NPCs and reading relevant walls of text.
That's the point of that pic.
It was really disappointing game, as I liked the aesthetic and setting very much.

I legitimately thought they had just announced an outright sequel to the game (wondering why they would do that when they hadn't finished the remake yet). They're just confusing shit.

By just adding a fucking subtitle, you idiots. That's how plenty of remakes have done it and it worked fine.

Wee

I find it surprising how accurate that image is. Kudos to whoever made it. You do run between characters and read big text blocks. The players even admit it's a walking simulator though and I honestly don't care myself. I liked the world and the characters but I even admit I don't even have to play it and instead I can read it.

I do not understand why they are making a whole game out of 2 chapters in the first game. I don't want to play it as I beat the first one with all characters and see no reason to further explore the military occupation.

I've been feeling this way with newer games. They seem too clean. I don't know what it is or what I am trying to describe but I feel it.

it still looks pretty unfinished.

I don't understand what was wrong with 'The marble nest' though. And technically it's still not a direct sequel anyway, as it's still a remake/re-imagining so is 'Pathologic 2' really the best fit for this?

Looks like dogshit. Washed out image quality because the level designer is a fucking hack and never touched the post-processing sliders ever in his life. Vegetation is static which makes the world feel like plastic. Shitty walking sounds and blurry texture quality.

Not a single one of those things would require money to be fixed. And yet this is the piece of utter dogshit they choose to release. They cna go fuck themselves sideways until they learn the basics of game design. Fucking idiots. I'm not gonna waste my money on more talentless fucking indieshit hacks who want to be famous game developers. Learn how to make your game look good you fucking massive good for nothing retard.

Not sure about whether it will be bad or good but one thing I'm sure of is that I won't be able to play it at all.

ded gaem