How old were you when you realized all consoles are underpowered garbage?

How old were you when you realized all consoles are underpowered garbage?

how old were you when you realized these doubles?

Congratulations.

I think you meant these.

That's not entirely truthful. The N64 and OG Xbox had better visuals at launch than PCs at the time. The problem now is that companies care more about software development and creating a closed ecosystem (such as xbox live, PSN, etc) than hardware development since that's where the money is.

Right when I grew out of atheism :^)

You got the equality sign backwards dipshit

maybe not, but still more powerful than consoles

More powerful than consoles =/= powerful

I wanted to greentext something but didn't like it so I rewrote the greentext but then I didn't like that so I decided to not greentext but left in the > because I'm a shitter who didn't proofread

What are you doing with your pathetic life?

WRONG

Who cares it'll still run games better and have more games to play

Console cucks
Not even once

Trying to delude myself that my choices matter.

You sure are painting yourself that way

TO ANSWER OP's QUESTION
Late 20s. It was around the time of the PS3/360 that there became no reason to buy a console anymore since PC had utility as well as the ability to play more games, even from old consoles themselves. Japan even multiplats now so there is no reason to own a console unless you're sub 100 IQ or female.

Early teens. Only reason to own a console is for exclusives, and that's not a good thing - it means a publisher forced you to use a shitty platform if you want to play their game.

Personally I've never seen a good console exclusive by my patrician standards so I don't own any consoles.

How old were you when you realized that spending vast sums of your parent's money in order to play video games at slightly higher frame rates wasn't worth the thousands upon thousands of dollars it takes and instead to switched to consoles so you could at least play games without having to starve to death because you couldn't it had finally come down to either being able to afford food for a month, or some shiney video card that will be obsolete in a month.

Where were you when the epiphany hit that console gaming is the only option you have to still be able to enjoy your video games? And that PC gaming is an overpriced gouge fest that preys on whiney children and their easily manipulated part time parents who will buy anything just to shut their shit head kids up rather than have to provide any sort of actual parenting after 12 hour shifts at the laundry factory/dirty soup cannery that Charlie's mom from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory worked at.

I forgot an image, here, have a random one.

not good ones. All the best games ever are console exclusives, and PCfags have to wait ten years or more (where's that Saturn or Xbox emulator?) The only argument you can make is that modern consoles have no games, because practically no good games have come out in the last ten years.

How old were you when you realized buying expensive PC parts in a perpetual struggle to be on the cutting edge of gaming didn't actually fill the hole in your heart left by your gay lover?