While technically larger than 3 or new vegas...

Could someone sue Bethesda for claiming Fallout 4 is the largest Fallout game yet when that is objectively not true?

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25326/?
loverslab.com/topic/55087-bestiality-on-fallout4/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CwhCHb6XQVkzHRyVlpx9QFaJq6nQ6OZVFvIHcPr0F6g/edit#gid=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it just works

You see that ocean? You can swim in it.

Who would bother? It's not like this is the first time a dev/publisher has outright fucking LIED. How many lawsuits have YOU seen filed over this shit?

Here's a better question, what mods should I get for New Vegas?

Can your character swim in the water or do they immediately die when they touch water like a 90's platformer?
Because if you can travel through water, you have no reason to be so whiny.
It still is technically the largest map. Making retarded caveats like
is just grasping for straws in order to have yet another reason to shit on Bethesda.
If you don't like their games or their game making policies, why the fuck even talk about them in the first place?
Unless you're just a fucking shithead who likes making useless fucking threads so he can hate-circlejerk around a game dev that is already established here as shitty.

Fucking hell. Are you literally 14?

Todd pls

Funny the game is literally barren when it comes to "places that matter". Seriously name me one we all did pirate that shit don't pretend you didn't location that you can remember and mattered to the storyline.

They can't even sue them for the CK debacle.

Boy, I can already see this shitshow ending well.

I said Bethesda is shit in my post. Learn to read.

No. Bullshots and lies in marketing at E3 aren’t litigable, so this is 100% out of bounds.

You're not fooling anybody, Todd.

I'M NOT FUCKING TODD HOWARD STOP SPREADING LIES ABOUT ME YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

At least creation club doesn't include NV

the weird thing is the ocean floor is filled with more detail than the wastelands and things that looked like they were going to be DLC hooks. They even made it so you can travel on the sea floor with power armor a la iron boots. It was a common theory that Bethesda was going to make a jewlc that involved exploration of the ocean floor and ocean combat because of this and hints in the game files, but what most likely happened that bethesda was too incompetent to implement it and decided to go the lazy route and make minecraft trash.

Let's hate Todd for the right reasons, user.
You can also swim in the water too.

The sad thing is that a buddy of mine pirated fallout 4 and it seems like 4 has better mods than new vegas. I might just be retarded and can't find the good ones.

What would these "better" mods be?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25326/?
combined with
loverslab.com/topic/55087-bestiality-on-fallout4/
for maximum great modding :^)

If (((zenimax))) could be sued for spreading lies they'd be dead long ago.

Found more gameplay oriented stuff, like changing vats to be slow motion changing the settlement building mode to be not shit stuff like that. With new vegas I find most of the mods to be cosmetic or some weapons. I already have mods like jswayer but it doesn't feel like enough to make me want to replay new vegas again.

superior waifu fuckfests

One feature that Fallout 4 had that I found really cool is that, if you're in power armor and you go underwater you sink and walk on the sea bed. Gave me a comfy feeling, knowing that I was safe in the power armour. Shame that Fallout 4 is so shit, considering it has a few cool mechanical improvements over the older games, such as better power armour (even if you get it way too early it's still the most fun the power armour ever was), the vastly improved gunplay, better dungeons and the addition of random weapons. That said I only played around 5 hours of it so maybe the random weapons stuff becomes old really fast.

Project Nevada does that in NV.

New Vegas has a good settlement mod too. Did you even play the game or are you just a stupid fuck?

I'm a stupid fuck who doesn't want to search through hundreds of pages on the nexus, thanks for the suggestions though.

I remember the starting town becuase they made you walk around it and check for survivors for some fucking reason, Diamond City, and the Minutemen HQ which SHOULD have been cool as shit but wasn't.

Side note: From how Preston talks about taking the HQ back, it clearly sounds like you get more reinforcements the more settlements you had active. I spent 10 hours on settlements to make the assault properly epic, and instead got absolutely nothing out of it. Fuck that fucking game for that alone.

Hey, at least Todd put some land in his game. This fucking shitty game only has one bit of landmass, and it's a fucking island lighthouse. Everything else is fucking ocean.

Thank you for telling us you've never played FNV but still saw fit to run your mouth off about it.

Why would that make you mad? Todds a pretty cute guy.

Hey Todd. Tell me more sweet little lies.

These doubles simply function, exquisite.

To be fair, New Vegas's map had a lot of mountains that were as useless as that ocean, or even more so. Roughly the entire western third of that map was impassable.
I don't know how the actual physical area works out though.

The weapons were garbage. The "customization" means that their overall diversity is almost zero.
There are effectively half a dozen firearms that you ever actually encounter, with everything just being modifications of those few, and two of the most common share a model.

Not all of us pirated it user :^)

God bless Johnny Rico

And no, not all of us pirate shit games.

Based

I can only imagine he signed up for steam with a throw away email account for only this and entered the group to laugh at everybody else and piss off Bethesda loyalists. At least that's what I want to believe

I still don't get why warhammer Vermintide is on there. did the user who make that picture make a mistake?

Aren't all these -chan groups always full of people who never visited a single imageboard besides Reddit in their life?

He left it there because every time it's posted somebody has to respond about it, like the file size in pic related

Doesn't mean they don't lurk here. We still occasionally get Steam gift threads despite piracy being a thing you know.

They find it edgy that they use Holla Forums. We're edgy cool to them.

You sicken me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It gets funnier that some of the rumors you can hear in the game sound more interesting then what we got, I remember when I pirated it for shits and giggles that I heard of a ghoul whale and thinking that shit would have been terrifying. It would be made worse if the fucker was a glowing one.

I think Nuka-World is legit good DLC and the atmosphere of that game feels like the older Fallout games.

shoo shoo

Is it real? Or was it always a joke?

Still can't believe people were dumb enough to think that contained a virus. Just open it to find a man eating a donut

did i just get you click on it? well, its too late now

There, there, user, it's not your fault you were born retarded.

You're posting for attention. Fuck off.

I'll never understand all this MOD shit. If a game requires MODs to be good it is fucking shit not worth my time.

Is there a MOD out there for Fallout 4 that creates an interesting story and characters? That's what I expect from an RPG.

I want Morrowind back.

Mods can occasionally make a bad or average game top tier. If the game is shit just pirate it and install the mods. Simple.

Mmmm anecdotal but my Steam account is set to private. I don't even know how to join a group.

the worldspace in fallout 4 didn't bother me, it wasn't even bad. Boston looked neat, the coastal areas looked neat, the two fucking towns in the whole game looked neat. Far harbor was cool too no i didn't pay for it, bethesda still hasn't put DRM on their DLC

it's everything else that annoyed me. The utter lack of RPG mechanics, shitty story, bumblefuck main character that never shuts the hell up. That's the shit that made me hate the game.

About the only improvement FO4 has is the power armor. I like that it's more of a vehicle than just a suit you put on, and I liked the power up animation.

That being said, Bethesda being Bethesda, fucked up what could have been a great "mech customization" mechanic. New Vegas has a mod that does a better job of allowing you to personalize your power armor. All I wanted was them to ape Front Mission a little and they fuck it up.

there are perks and suits that allow you to counter rads and even breath underwater along with some half assed shit scattered about the sea.

If a game requires mods to be good it is a shit product that is not worth your money.
But the merits of the vanilla game as purchased are only a part of the final sum of the game as a source of entertainment to you, and must be combined with everything else that contributes to your final experience. If you had a game that was excellent but didn't run effectively on a toaster, and you only had a toaster, it would be a worthless for you despite being a good product. Likewise, a game that is a bad product can end up being worthwhile to play once you add mods.

One of the things that I thought FO4 did well compared to 3 and NV was the vertical component to its levels. Those games only ever had two or MAYBE three floors of a building loaded at a time, while there were ruined apartments in 4 that had six or more. In stairwells and with holes in the floor it made for some genuinely fun levels, or it would have if it weren't for all the other things that were garbage.

It's one perk that removes water radiation and lets you breathe underwater, and it's not even level locked. It makes you wonder why they even bothered to included diving suits.

Is there a mod that changes the map from being 90% boring, grey vulcanic shit to something more interesting?
Seriously, the Morrowind map has to be one of the worst maps in videogame history.

Man, I love the damage control when they realize they can't back up their claims.

Modders did a great job of adding shitloads of interesting weapons that enemies actually use. Doesn't excuse bethesda being incredibly lazy but at least its easily fixed by mods.

You know full well If there was any point or premise to exploring even a part of that water, your argument about water would be valid. As it is, it's just filler for the rest of the map. It might as well be a valley of lava, or poison gas, or even an invisible wall for what it actually represents. There's no special accommodations made for that water, such as boats or watercraft, or even scuba shit such as in ARMA 3, you can pretend to be fucking scuba steve in his deep diving suit whilst wearing your power armor, but seriously, it's boring enough wading through a fucking lake wearing that shit, let alone deep sea diving, so you can fuck off with that shit.
Are you literally a redditor?
kek

Has anyone not seen this pic yet? Gets put in almost every thread about fallout 4. I'm damn glad I was never in that group either for reasons :^)

When the water has literally no life or anything in it aside from a submarine that's actually just a bit away from the coast, then yeah, might as well be a huge void of nothing or an invisible wall.

I couldn't bring myself to play through the DLC in this game. They should stop pretending that people play their games for the fucking storylines, their writing was somewhat acceptable in skyrim because of the fantasy setting, so it made sense everyone was a bit outlandish cheesy and 2-dimensional, but in Fallout 4 every chracter may as well be a fucking cardboard cutout. 95% of them are unmemorable in any way, and the story itself is a fucking joke. Kidnap my son who I've only just met? Honestly who cares? Even if you did you know he's probably going to be safe with these dudes. Nothing beyond a 15 or PG-13 rating ever happens in Bethesda games so it's not like they would kill him. NV, and I'm pretty sure the previous fallouts dared to press into much darker subject matter, bethesda's fallouts are literally just skyrim and oblivion with guns and an grey/brown apocalypse wasteland.

but i guess you need to wait a few years for a TC mod and that fucking MGS4 frog armor

Don't even get me fucking started.

PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS PAID MODS

Although its cancer notice how its page 1 out of 35 and that is everyone who is playing fallout 4. They also included a guy who named his game fallout4 for lulz (johhny rico)

i guess i can always watch those hi res pictures of it.

Why hide a virus in a photo of Araki?
Wasn't the original joke that it was a screamer?

They were planning it, they even left in numerous assets hinting at quests taking place underwater. Deacon even mentions an underwater vault in one of his voice lines.

Wasn't the original joke that it was a screamer?
Isn't that why files weren't allowed to have sound on 4chan? Because people were just posting ear rape?

I will end you.

why

How would you know? It could be 35 fucking pages of this shit.

I'm usually the one who posts it. It took me 3 years of asking for the image again before I got lucky and some user uploaded it. I've since then been making sure it gets circulated and post it every time I get the chance so people can become aware of how Steam brings cancer into this board.

it was always fake, the original filesize was bloated because the image had a lot of noise, which makes the png compression algorithm go crazy.

We both know it'll never be the same user. Maybe someone will eventually upload it, or perhaps start working on a new one.. Until then.. Well.. At least it's in X-com 2 for some reason.

I get ya. I think it does suck though how bethesdrones get caught up with anons who might have just been trying to try the game at the time, and all their names got leaked regardless of whether they were sucking todds dick or not. Still, I suppose if they wanted full privacy they shouldn't have joined the group in the first place.

reported

It's okay when bethesda does it tho.
That's what all the epic memes on reddit and youtube comments say.
Tell me sweet little lies Todd, XD!

Nigga I downloaded this shit and opened it in my photo viewer like 8 months ago and nothing happened except I wasted 3 MB.

Moot didn't want to end up a MP3 hosting site.

are there actually people here who play fallout 4?

Me.

Wat's with the giraffe in the background?

She's a synth :^)

I agree, the map is a desolate generic swamp, and a bad one at that (things are too far apart, doesn't feel organic).
Dungeons are something other (weird and sometimes unique)

better than new vegas' invisible walls tbh

t. Rodd Doward

This isn't REAL png optimization.

This is for (you)

Todd, Todd, Todd…

none besides the unofficial patches

(You)r new shows.

(Du)

(Du hast)

Why is Bethesda incapable of building believable cities?

The water is actually cut content.
There is a reference in VA files to a undersea vault, there are multiple harpoons and diving knife models, there is even a model for a giant squid and the sea isn't actually empty it's full of places with loot and design (pipes leading to places clearly meant to paths), there is a fairly big under water facility (with lights and everything), etc…
Some of it they just made far harbor with it but my guess is they wanted underwater combat and quests and everything, but since it's Bethesda and they've been incapable to make decent combat in those last what? 15 years?
They just axed everything.

Because they had their diversity hires and interns make this game

Right, because bethesda has an "A team".

Honestly I dont know what the fuck is going on there, they outsource the combat to another studio. They manage to scramble together a barely working game and then fuck the content up hard enough that even normalfags see fallout 4 as a bad game.

It just verks.

Maybe it was for the DLC they upped the price of the season pass for. Instead you got a 70$ season pass for very little content, most of it of dubious quality. Too bad normalfags and console plebs are eating this kind of shit up daily so Beth doesn't give a shit.

Bethesda has been roughly the same size since skyrim released. I'm pretty sure its just incompetence and laziness on their part.

Dont fall for the Size meme.
New Vegas is full of invisible walls, FO3 is more open but NV is better designed game over all.

Every city in Fallout 3 had the same design problems. Take Megaton, for instance.

Then you go take a walk aroung Mojave Wasteland and you notice every single town has a watertower and at least some farms and livestock. Also, they aren't designed in a retarded way.

Actually there was a single brahmin.

The mutant cow effectively synthesizes ambient radiation and air moisture into nutritious paste.

Never noticed, haven't spent much time at Megaton. Also, there's that Canterbury Commons place they say it's the Capital Wasteland caravans center, but it's empty and most buildings are in ruins. No street vendors stands, no guards, no fortifications, nothing.

They had a water processing building, but your point still stands. Megaton's counterpart Goodsprings in NV had a small patch of crops outside of almost every single house, and more often that not you could see someone working them. Not to mention how many bighorners they had

But does the target audience care about something that looks like copypasted food looting areas and boring water storages?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CwhCHb6XQVkzHRyVlpx9QFaJq6nQ6OZVFvIHcPr0F6g/edit#gid=0
Here's an entire list of REEEAAAALLY good shit.

On the topic of towns with massive massive design flaws, look at the settlements Murkwater construction site and Coastal Cottage. Who the fuck would live here? It's not like someone would sink any time into these, so they'll stay like this.
It's like the place was originally just a random location, but bethesad needed settlements so they stuck a workbench in it.
And people said the settlements were the best part of the game.

I was gonna ask if this area was supposed to be a trader's post but I confused it for another location. All of the NPC-related content in Fallout 3 is utter garbage. FWE made Fallout 3 tolerable for me since I went full /k/ommando.

Meant for

The most retarded part of Fallout 4 settlement system, apart from constant glitchs and bad locations, it's the fact that you need third party addons/mods to be able to properly clean the terrain for construction, as you can't completely scrap most of the ruined buildings left.

That area was supposed to be the caravans and traders center, as per npcs dialogue, but they wasted it on that retarded capeshit quest.

You can't even rebuild the houses, had to play around with the editor to try to get the walls to cover up the holes in the roofs and walls.

Even with mods it didn't work last I saw. When I was trying out a pirated copy, none of the mods fixed the rendering, so objects would still disappear if the line of sight went through where the ruins would have been.

Fallout 4 is utter shit. Let's take diamond city for example. It make no sense. Reminder it's seen as "the biggest settlement in Boston", and everyone won't stop talking about it. There's a total of 18 actual houses. 18 houses (if I'm not autistic) in the biggest town in Boston.
There's one water purifier run by some kid with cancer. He should be rich enough to buy parents and chemo but no, he still wears the worst clothing.
There's crops and brahmin run by the 10 people that sleep outside near it. Reminder the biggest settlement has a garden sized farm that every in the settlement (including guards) feeds from.
Also there's a rich people area. How did they get enough caps to live up there? Why hasn't someone moved into the homeplate? It's showen that DC has been around for fucking ages and no-one has gone and baught the home.

I think this limitation it's because of the engine. Fallout 4 "Creation" Engine (come on, we all know it's Gamebryo) uses a thing called "precombined data" to make rendering faster. The precombined data have big segments of terrain, buildings and world objects combined so the loading and rendering is faster. When you remove an object from the game, the precombined data is broken apart, and the game's performance sink to abysmal rates. You can see this happen when you install any mod which makes changes to Boston central area cells.

TL;DR: Bethesda is using the same engine since 2001 because they're lazy, greedy and incompetent idiots, and the engine is now showing its age more than ever.

Did Bethesda buy stocks in Gamebyro? I don't understand why they insist on using an engine their programmers clearly don't know how to use.

It's both lazyness and greed. They don't want to spend money purchasing another engine's license and training or acquiring more talented developers.

They don't have any to begin with, I can't think of any other studio who has programmers as bad as they do, from what i'v seen of them I swear they hire students who have basic knowledge in programming.

This place is just a lot more shit than you realize. Image board culture is in ruins.

That's why you don't join those ones, you join the obscure ones that don't advertise the site.

Not far from the truth. They hired a guy who failed on every animation class to work on character animations because he was friends with one of the higher ups.

Sauce? It wouldn't surprise me if it were true.

Visited and even live more than on 6 imageboards and be moderator of 2 Video game thematic forums. Holla Forums is only decent vidia "forum". Never visited reddit.

This is unrelated, but one of my friends attended a game development/programming course, and one of his teachers worked on Fallout 4 (art director, I think). Apparently one of the reasons FO4 looks like such garbage is because there was some kind of database corruption about a year before launch which meant the majority of the assets were unusable. Not that the assets would have been good-looking if they'd had enough time, mind you, but this meant that almost all of FO4's 3D models had to be redone in less than a year. If you were wondering why the characters' clothes all looks like plasticine, that's why.

They didn't have backups? are they that fucking incompetent?
A smart company would back up their work every day.

I'll ask him for more detail the next time I see him. That's what he said his prof told him.

That's fucking karma right there

Why is the map homosexual?

Stop associating colors with subhumans.

It's actually incorrect, the whole map should be blue because the game is piss easy.

Good point, and now I realize I missed the map legend.