World in Conflict - Unofficial Gamenight

RTT game where you play a Cold War gone hot scenario with up to 16 players online. Has a pretty good campaign as well. Some people got together and made it free to download since it is no longer supported

massgate.org/downloads.php

Download the full client, install it, then apply patch 1.000-1.010 then apply patch 1.010-1.011 and then the multiplayer fix. It is recommended that the patches and fix be in your install folder for it to work properly e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Entertainment\World in Conflict

Get sent a CD key from
massgate.org/cdkeys/
If you don't want to give them your e-mail just make a burner account on teknek.io or something like that. Be warned you must use the email on witch yyou got the CD key to make an account.

Recommend you download the additional maps as all servers appear to run them and the free camera freedom mod
massgate.org/downloads.php#maps

Make sure everything is set to "No Filter"

See here
massgate.org/downloads.php#ds

It is honestly rather simple once you get the hang of things so unless there is massive demand there will likely not be a guide. Tips and tricks though may be made available.

Disable dx10 in the options if it doesn't work describe your problem in the thread.

SERVER(S) SHOULD BE UP TOMORROW NIGHT

Other urls found in this thread:

massgate.org/files/world_in_conflict_retail_1.000_en.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some basic guides on how to play.
Anyway no idea on who the hostfag is but if shit goes sideways I can always host a temporary one or provide instructions on how to setup one.
If Mark joins in you can gas the kike in game. Literally.

Gassing Mark would be pretty fun,

Wasn't there a bunch of webms and pics from the last RTS thread of this?

Yes

Dump when?

Do you have the webm with Burger loading cutscenes?

Give me a bit to put it together, dubsman.

I think I fucked up the audio on those ones. Redid it.

Nice thanks.

GAS GAS GAS

Use the No Hope mod.

It blows vanilla out of the water.

The one with nukes so big you have to put them in the corner of a map to not kill your own units?

It's got regular nuke artillery

wew lag

Servers are up

Name: Infinity Gamenight EU
IP: 108.61.196.98
Port:48000
Password: infv

Name: Infinity Gamenight US
IP: 45.77.103.248
Port:48000
Password: infv

The additional maps mentioned in the OP are in the rotation
I've also got secondary servers with no passwords up on the same IPs but port 48001.
If for some reason you can't see the servers in the list or don't want to sign up for an account you can connect to IP from the Local Network section.

Does anyone has any suggestions in terms of time limit, match mode, bots etc.?

fucked that up the first time

Tie limits should be max and no bots. Also I think the servers are too early you probably won't get any anons till tonight euro time.

Bump are anons playing?

Make sure that you don't have a minimum amount of players to start the match as the default is 3 on each side.

Fucking christ I can never get rid of this flag.

yeah it's 0. afk for a bit but I gave another user the admin details. Match time is at 2 hours since there's no max.

Playing right now user

Good job user.

Bannon did EVERYTHING wrong

JOIN NIGGERS

Checked. You want to play on the EU or US servers?

EU

I'm complete dogshit at RTS

don't worry about it, you'll have fun anyway.

welp

Another shitty gamenight, another shitty game no one wants to play. Bravo Holla Forums, you truly have the best taste in video games, huh?

Does this shit even run in GNU/Linux?

winedb says it might

Recommend honestly that you install the game from massgate since it does seem to work.

Holy shit I remember this game from my days of reading Games for Windows. I didn't have a good PC at the time so all I could do was read about it. Shit, I'm gonna have to give this a go now.
I wish they still made RTS's like this.

Was fun ppl. Especially the mass gassing on open grounds

The detpack round was good fun. Alahu ackbar'd a couple heavy tanks.

I think we need an infantry only gas only round for keks.

here's your (you)

Any game that gives the chance to gas a kike is worth a sticky.

Joint Ops also got stickied.

Also was anyone else bombarded with pm's during the match? I swear I spent most matches responding to people wanting to get into the server.

i like the way you think fam

i know, not saying i agree with that considering that and this are unofficial things but i wont shit up the thread with my autism, so have fun goys

Not a single one.

I got one.

somebody asked why I would play in a private server when there was a ranked match going on

What kind of retard cares about ranks in a 10 year old game?

Same thing. Told me "There are 11/16 players in the ranked server :^)"

Oh yes, one guy asked for password… But I never answered.

I got 5 different people asking about the server, asking if I was host and if I knew host and how to get in or if I could let them in. Then they were completely confused why it wasn't ranked as if the concept of it was alien to them. Have tempted to tell them "Have you ever played a game for fun before?"

You'd be surprised. Quite a lot of the community that plays it take it super cereal which really can piss people off. Too much of "Everyone is shit but me!" mentality goes on which is frankly why unrankeds are more fun and relaxing.

Goddamnit people I've got a test tomorrow. Will you still be up tomorrow night? Would love to play with you fags.

I'm going to leave the servers up until Sunday night.

CAn I play the campaign later after I downloaded the game?

I was getting tired of those

The campaign's there for you to play.

I'd recommend torrenting the gog complete edition after the gamenight is finished since massgate only supports vanilla so you'll be missing out on the soviet campaign.

Just 17 days until its 10th birthday.

Did everyone get off?

I fucking missed it didn't I?

I'm ready for another round as soon as finish grilling some brats.

I'm on the US server right now. Spectating until I'm done eating.

EU hours are over, hop on the US server if there are a few around.

4 anons online now.

How many rocking a GoG pirated version here?

No one since you must use the massgate version for the multyplayer to work.

Is the server down?

nvm I have to download the maps

5 on right now

When are we going to play Living Legends?

Soon, I put up a suggestion on rad corp. I'm going to fuck around with server hosting once I get a little time, should be able to get in when I have a break in skool.

Me and the last other guy got off for the night.

i… im very stupid and i dont know where the download game client link is

see this post

and fucking READ THE OP plz

That suburb was obliterated after that round.

Out of curiosity I went to check on their site and looked for download link and I'm only seeing the MP fix and updates could it be that they removed it?

You're right it is gone. Give me a second and I'll upload it somewhere.

Weird, I think you're right, I don't see it linked either right now.

Direct link:
massgate.org/files/world_in_conflict_retail_1.000_en.zip

(checked)
(double checked)
No matter, I'l upload a ready to go version with the only user interaction required would be A) extract it an to sign up to massgate to get a cd key. I could also try to setup one for the server as well

4:28
Inhumanoids

so im not stupid after all

Uploading.
#F!IHQAXDKJ!Q-JA63–fE6VZHJ5lNfiNA
pass:filename

FUCK, did I miss it?

You missed Napalm, some air faggotry and a lot of gassing.

Is anyone else playing tonight?

Should be unless something comes up.

If only we could use gas on air faggots.

We playing again tonight or what?

Yes

Nice.

I'm downloading this stuff so I can pussy out and not play with you nignogs as usual.

Are you niggers ready for tonight?

Ready to be the air faggot.

I'm in the EU server waiting for faggots to join.

I'd say if we can add wine client support to the list it's an ideal game to break up fps monotony

The game keeps crashing in both the tutorial and in the campaign, how do I fix this?

3 players? That's not enough to overcome my irrational phobia of online RTS's

Try disabling dx10

did you apply the patches and test multiplayer is working? Some problems are fixed by changing MyDX10Flag and/or myFullscreenFlag from 1 to 0 in C:\Users\\Documents\World in Conflict\Game Options.txt

user, this is one of the better games to try out. There's no base building to worry about, the mechanics are quite simple and you get to focus on one role. You'll probably have fun

*or just change them in the game since I can't read and you can obviously get to the menu.

This fixed it, I forgot the solution was in the OP despite reading it.

I'm fully up to date.

Well shit everyone left

Getting off for now. I'll be back on in an hour probably.

Let me know if there's more than 5 people online, maybe I'll join again.

we had 6 on last night maybe 2-3 hours from now.

So when are we going to see those sweet sweet webms?

This one is from last night.

The primary US server seems bugged and in need of a reboot, two players are reported as playing but upon loading the map is empty.

Four players on US right now

US server #1 went down.

RIP

weird. restarted it.

I missed last night due to getting shitfaced. Playing again tonight at all?

BANNON, GIVE ME A SITREP

servers are still up for the night but I don't know if anybody showed up after US1 went down yesterday.

apparently when massgate restarts it crashes all the servers

Playing with anons was more fun.