Games with utterly shitty controls

I can't believe they actually put a fucking tank controls into a top down shooter game.

GLOVER

Every single MGS game ever.

Every Rockstar game. L.A. Noire gets away with it because there's so little action, and even that can be skipped.
Also, MGS2. I couldn't get into it because of the awful controls. Never played any of the others. I hear MGSV controls well.

That's nothing compared to early 3D games with tank controls like Tomb Raider etc. Batman & Robin for playstation 1 has probably the most frustrating controls that I know of. The game itself looks promising as fuck on paper but the gameplay and controls are just so bad it's barely playable. An open world 3D batman game for ps1. I wish they didn't fuck it up so badly.

I don't get this meme, it's not bad at all. Especially when you have arrow keys and a attack button. It's less intuitive than mouse and keyboard, but games are designed to be easier with tank controls.

thats the point
On top of the shitty control scheme, you have a game gimped because of it.

I got no problem with tank controls in a top down shooter but for 3D games it's just horrible.

Does the idea of framework escape you, you mongoloid?

They arent really tank controls.

In a tank you can turn around on the spot.
In a car in GTA you couldn't do that.

I think the controls in GTA 1 and 2 were much better than the sequels.
Yes I know that is a minority opinion which makes me cooler than you

If you think MGS2 controls bad, you can stop playing games.

Boot it up and fire a shot in first-person modeā€“or better yet, decide you want to fire one, then change your mind.
Tell me how it goes.

All of the MGS games except for V. The only version of MGS 3 that's even remotely playable is the 3DS version.

I've beat MGS2 almost a dozen times, the 1st person controls feel unorthodox, but only when you need to lock on to an enemy or run around with your gun (and you shouldn't be doing the latter anyways). You sound like you only started playing games during tge 7th gen, kid.

>Since you need to use your thumb to shoot, you can't move and change your aim at the same time.
I only played the HD Collection version, so maybe that was worse somehow. But it was completely fucked.
I'm 29, kill yourself. I just didn't fall for the Metal Gear meme until a few years ago.

Not an argument. Games that emphasize stealth aren't for you.

Sure you are, kid, sure you are.

"Shit controls" are subjective from the get-go, I'm just explaining what specifically irked me.
I love stealth games. I play Thief Gold every year. I don't like MGS. And I don't like people like you who think it's a pinnacle of stealth just because it was the first game you played that had sneaking in it.
Hey, as long as we're making accusations while pretending that the burden of proof lies on the accused, I'm going to join the party and say that you're both a nigger and a Jew.
So fuck off, kikemonkey.

Not run and gun, but walk and gun. It's realistic and should be allowed in every stealth game.

Didn't Tomb Raider at least have strafing?

Tank controls only works well for 3D first person view games.

Clunky controls for action games is shit regardless, and there's nothing more clunky than top down tank controls.

Stop posting here and go back to your assfaggots.

I don't play multiplayer games.

Have you never played fucking Asteroids before?

Fair enough, but MGS2 using unorthodox shooting controls doesn't make the rest of the controls shit
Never said it was, kid.
Wow, you sure get mad about video games for a 30 year old.

go back to playing bingo with the rest of the retirees

I guess that's fair, but I was already not super into it given that I find it hard to get into top-down games. Those controls were just what convinced me to put it down.
Then why would you pretend that MGS2 is a stealth game?
At least I'm not a hebe chimp.

In asteroids you don't have a rotating cannon that lets you shoot in any direction no matter which way you're driving

It makes sense because you're playing as a ship though. Also, the movement system is more interesting.

Rotoscoping is cool as fuck.

Am I missing something? I miss Nero's slam dunk hand and Dante's style switching. I feel like Virgil is really lacking mobility compared to those two.

can teleport

Teleport is okay but the limits on it are fucked compared to how mobile Dante and Nero are. The camera also doesn't do Virgil's style any favors.

MGS 2 controls feels clunky not as a result of the control itself but design choices; the action was a lot closer than MGS 1 or 3, and then you had the dog tags shit to unlock stuff. Both forced you to go into first person mode (which is the complain that most people have in this game) more than it should have.

Then again MGS 2 is a piece of shit that's only revered for its message. Worst level design in the whole series, even the portable ones.