Daily WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING thread

daily WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING thread

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/81212199
archive.is/I4zbF
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just watched Walking Dead s3.

>Kenny dies from swerving car in 100% clear fucking road.
>both ways of busting outta jail BOTH results in party kill

What the fuck.
I'm glad I didn't buy this piece of shit.

The answer to all and every question that will ever come to this thread shekels

I don't mind the cave demons, they're easy to deal with but the AR is serious trash. Its basically a worse tommy gun because of its abysmally small magazine.

The rifle didn't bother me as much, what did were the fucking monkeys and the flying bitches.
Holy shit that game would have been good if they just cut the pillar monkey bullshit and replaced the syrens with more fodder.

The rifle was a good step weapon balance-wise to make the traditional Serious Sam tommygun actually useful after getting the minigun by giving the AR and minigun separate ammo pools and making the AR more suitable for smaller enemy encounters, but balancing it out by making it magazine-fed so it's not just a weaker minigun and makes smaller encounters a bit more challenging by adding the need to reload

“It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. Of course the great wastage is in the verbs and adjectives, but there are hundreds of nouns that can be got rid of as well. It isn't only the synonyms; there are also the antonyms. After all, what justification is there for a word which is simply the opposite of some other word? A word contains its opposite in itself. Take "good", for instance. If you have a word like "good", what need is there for a word like "bad"? "Ungood" will do just as well – better, because it's an exact opposite, which the other is not. Or again, if you want a stronger version of "good", what sense is there in having a whole string of vague useless words like "excellent" and "splendid" and all the rest of them? "Plusgood" covers the meaning, or "doubleplusgood" if you want something stronger still. Of course we use those forms already. but in the final version of Newspeak there'll be nothing else. In the end the whole notion of goodness and badness will be covered by only six words – in reality, only one word.
Don’t you see the beauty of that, Winston?”

like yeah let's put a tacticool iron sights weapon that actually gets worse if you aim down the sights also reloading in a game that chucks >50 kleers accompanied by allahu akbars yea great idea let's ship it

Except you don't get the tommy gun in BFE.
The tommy gun still retains utility after getting the minigun when you are fighting the frogs.
The AR doesn't retain anything.

Gravelord servants circa Dark Souls 1

Well yeah after like S1 E3 they realized that they couldn't have actual consequences for your actions because they would need to pay all the voice actors when not everybody would even see half of them again so they just kill off every character that isn't going to be around till the end.

I miss when games didn't have voice acting and you didn't have to put up with this shit.

I meant that as the role of the traditional SS tommygun the BFE AR had. Since the AR and minigun in BFE have separate ammo pools, you want to keep your minigun for huge encounters only because minigun ammo doesn't grow on trees, whereas you're able to use the AR more against low HP targets at long ranges

In ep2 BOTH OPTIONS GET THE SAME GOY KILLED AND THE TOWN NUKED.

FUCKING KEK

They're getting worse about it too I mean at least you had Doug or Carly for an episode after their choice. Now you can actually just play the same episode again and see that nothing you did actually mattered.

Watched the last episode of the TV show a few weeks ago.

I have never seen a franchise go from 100 more like 65 to 0 so quickly.

How are there still bengal tigers after that long? Wouldn't they have starved to death in the zoo long before somebody could have come and taken it? Also what does he feed the damn thing? It must be like feeding five people just to keep the damn thing around.

Demon's Souls

Dark Souls

More to the point, Dark Soul's difficulty is a one-trick-pony, or "artificial difficulty" if you like to call it that. Gameplay is utterly bare-bones, and not in the good way. It's like it took all the bad parts of a 2D arcade game (pronounced trial-and-error, little explanation offered lore- and mechanic-wise) and made it 3D. Demon's was at least fun to experience, even with all the trial-and-error because the maps and bosses were clever AND difficult. Dark on the other hand decided that raising damage and watered-down maps are good enuff. Case in point, Demon's' map with the giant wall with a dragon chasing after you gets recycled as a dragon guarding a tiny wall from his roost.

The logic that Dark Souls seems to be going on is "Is running hard for you? No? How about with a huge rock tied to your back?" There are so many ways a game can be difficult, but Dark just seems to go for the bare minimum of raising stats and making gameplay as minimalistic as possible. The "classes" at the start of the game don't influence the game beyond stat boosts and that is what bugs the hell out of me. I was expecting gameplay that was specific to each class and definetly NOT just stat-crunching. Dragon's Dogmas' gameplay is what Dark Souls gameplay should have been.

Dark Souls is difficult, yes, but it is the stupid kind of difficult. The kind where it's difficult the first time but becomes laughably easy the second time after learning about the pitfalls. I like to think that good difficulty at least strives to give new challenges and ways to play even if you know the game inside and out. Ultimately this may come down to personal preference, but I like difficulty that takes some forethought, requires me to think on my feet and which constantly tests my abilities. Anyone can slog through a game that takes repetition and ONLY repetition.

Captcha: ihtGud
It needed to be said, Captcha. It's my opinion.

Also, to contribute to the thread.

The fuck am I looking at?

the nightmare scene from max payne 1 where you have to platform with moon physics on while a distorted baby crying plays on loop

Is this bait? Artificial difficulty is a pretty old meme, user. It was mostly fair difficulty, and the map was good fun to progress through. I liked the connected areas and improvements like estus that discarded farming for healing items and limited spells to discard farming for mana items. Overall Demon's was possibly better but frankly none of these games are very enjoyable beyond a first playthrough, because the first playthrough is wondrous and careful like an adventurer should be in an unknown dungeon, but the second playthrough turns into flipping and backstabbing everything as you've learned how the game lets you do that. MP is gimmicky joke and deserves no mention, let alone investing time to become a "PVP pro".

Ah yes, now I recognise it. Fuck, it's been so long.

I knew I should have refrained from that word, the casual reader always finds the first word he doesn't like and rides that out as the point of the post. No, this isn't about "fairness" of difficulty but about the challenge provided. Dark Souls is as hard as a work-day; tedious but with a payout. Demons' and Dragons' on the other hand can be summed up as learning kung-fu and then defeating your competitors. One is doing something simple and tedious while the other is using everything you have learned to it's fullest.

Replace 2 with 3 and stim with phase shift

That is phase shit my nigger.

And the worst thing is AMC is making Roadside Picnic

shit out the gate

they were thinking "hey, what if there was a covenant where you had host advantages and disadvantages instead of invader ones"
it just didnt work for a vast variety of reasons
demon souls was a game they gave up on being successful halfway through and they gave up trying to be popular and just did what they want, dark souls is supposed to e a refinement of the game in most ways, smoothing out the edges and whatnot and it accomplishes it and you are left with a fun massively repayable game with a nice multiplayer experience
also dragons dogama, while an enjoyable game, its combat it shit compared, it has super tanky enemies because it tries and fails at being a CUH-RAZY game, your movement powers are tied to weapons which are tied to class ect

Dubs+Trips confirms its a shit movie.

But DS3 is the best Souls.

The entire game

Roadside Picnic takes place in Canada. Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is not an acceptable substitute for reading the book. You should both be ashamed.

The point still stands that Dark Souls difficulty remains simplistic despite "refining." It may be to your liking but I find that woefully boring.

Dark Souls gives freedom of builds but the gameplay is very simplistic. Doesn't matter what weapon you have, it swings and acts the same way regardless of build. Dragons Dogma on the other hand gives so much more choices in regards to gameplay. Regardless if you think Dogma's gameplay unfun, it is fact that it offers way, way more in terms of gameplay. How is "more choice" a negative in your mind?

I was thinking about the movie at the time of post but you're right to blow up my spot there, my bad.

this doesn't change the fact this AMC adaptation will be horrific

I agree.

hey, you clicked "Attack"! Look at you!
Now do that 9999times

Don't forget

The comic is worse. Kirkman is the worst kind of writer, the kind that just won't end his fuckin stories.

Funny how the same people who defend stuff like this get assravaged at weapon wheels.

You can have weapon wheels that don't limit the number of items you have access to.
Weapon wheels with a limited number of slots are inexcusable, though.

LOL

I read the book, though. I may have just misremembered. How would I even know about the monkey if I didn't read the book?

I don't know.

Sorry, broski. I made a mistake.

No big deal, famalamadingdong.

Eat a barrel of dicks.

posting an outdated meme
vimeo.com/81212199

Anyone have that HATE NEWSPAPERS pic?

FUCK

I DIDN'T REALIZE WHAT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE TILL I WATCHED IT AGAIN

Fucking AMC.
I hope it tanks, but I know it won't.

NO CHEEKI BREEKI NO WATCH

Didn't they cancel this before it even aired?

B-but muh risk management!
It sounds so business-like!

Tbh this is somewhat faithful to the original. You fuckers do realize that roadside picnic was written 15 years before the incident at chernobyl nuclear power station, right? Events in the book took place at made-up backwater town in Canada.

Nice. I wish that fucking idiot who keeps posting that brave new world vs 1984 panel from 9gag could read that.

Lets be honest, it was shit from 2nd season on

It's dead Jim, AMC is cancer and whatever they make will be too

If the devs hadn't gone full no fun allowed and patched out all cheesy and op combos it would have been good

I'm barely half way in and I'm already triggered by this. Who do they think their target audience is with this shit? Looks like it's geared towards the greenest of normalfags, and only the most nuanced minority would have even heard of roadside picnic, or stalker, let alone know what either are about including the games and the film here too.

The entirety of Persona that isn't a comfy High School simulator. I've had more fun in Skyrim's dungeons than I did in Tartarus.

Apparently kang ezekiel was a zookeeper before the zombies, found the tiger injured and fixed her up and thats when they bonded. They also say they keep pigs/still find pigs on scavenging runs. It's such dumb shit but I watch it anyway because I still get enjoyment out of it.

This is bait.

That fucking armor set is the best in the whole series
GODDAMN

>>>/cuckchan/

Shit+schizo, I'm guessing? Nice, I needed a word to describe Hollywood's bizarre tendency to thrash back and forth between emotional tones. One of the worst offenders in recent memory was one of the new Planet of the Apes movies, where the opening goes from muh post-apocalypse to muh non-traditional family to muh chimps in the woods. The whole effect was jarring as fuck. It's no wonder zero people are mentally healthy when media demands that we experience a dozen unconnected emotions in such short periods.

So just play a VN.

You can just get all of that in a VN. Hell there are plenty you can pirate which have comedy thrown in.

The artbook was the best thing about that game.

Oh shiit good taste my man

You niggas clearly too underage if you don't remember how bad heroes s2 was, and it didn't get better after that either

The first season was literally the only good one.

LOST TO THE ZONE

perhaps is for the best if made farthest away from stalker as can be. that way no normal people can ruin it

It was pretty fucking stupid writing a whole fucking new character to replace one you already had.
Emblematic of Toby's inexperience.
Why couldn't he just continue with what he set out to do with the demo?

Serious Sam Fusion changed the stats of most weapons to be much more useful and balanced.

The AR has larger magazines and a higher fire rate. The shotgun now has 15 shots per mag and tighter spread which makes it way more useful. And the pistol now is accurate at all times.

Makes me wonder why they haven't done it to the base game, but at least Fusion is free to anyone who bought the previous games.

Flowey was so neat in the demo, and then he doesn't do jack shit the whole game until the end. He's "following you", but you can only see it if you turn around really quick in some areas, so that has nothing to do with his power. Such a waste of a cool concept.
And then it turns out that some other characters can remember things through resets, so what the fuck is even the point of flowey being aware anyway? Like Tories remembers your pie choice etc.

I like the uzis from SS2 better.

I mean if you can get around the toilet humor which imo is quite funny Serious Sam 2 is a great game.

but muh appearances are deceiving and skeleton is good guy while flower is bad guy SURPRISE BIGOTS

Is that an actual argument someone has used to describe it?

No, but given how the game is the anthem of tumblr I can guaranteed that was the subconscious reason for doing it.

At least Delphox can easily pass off as a male.

Then we have the fucking trannyseal. Can GF please cease this gender ratio autism?

not to mention popplio looks really fucking masculine.

As much as I've meme'd that, sadly male Braixen do exist
That won't stop me from enjoying female Braixen though

Because Gamefreak is run by retards. Cut the incense crap, make ice stone and leaf stone work on eevee, give miltank and tauros a baby, make baby kangaskhan catchable, make gladeon the default for male ralts, and those fucks clearly don't give a shit about continuity after all the bullshit they keep pulling each game and the fact that certain pokemon now evo by learning rollout despite being capable of knowing said move in past gens, and what the hell, give ice types more resistances you fuckwits.

ANDCALLUPTHOSEFUCKSATTVTOKYOANDTELLTHEMTOREWRITEXYANDHAVEASHACTUALLYWINWITHTHATSTUPIDCUCKGRENINJAOFHISREEEEEEEEEEE

leave

There is no edit of Carl that does not make me bust my gut.
sage 'cause off topic

leave

leave

have another

leave

How about you leave before I sick The Enforcer on your ass?

Kenny died at the end of 2 for me, then Clem went it alone. I thought theyd bring back some of the others who survived 1. Like that chick who steals your car, or the parkour girl, or even that group that abandons Clem and the baby near the end of 2.

Season three was a big steaming pile of shit, even for a Telltale game. Good think Patton Oswald is coming back for Minecraft season 2. The sequel that nobody wants for the game nobody asked for. That game was so devoid of quality characters they had to kill off the pet pig in order to force some emotional response.

leave

I still want my name to be Spaghetti.

leave or get raped

Negan is now the only good character in that shitshow of a series.

Screw you, you stupid dog.

Please excuse me while I go kill myself.

The book mentions Canada exactly twice.
on Problems of the Visitation."
see their eyes, just their jaws working under the helmets. Where in Canada do
they find these guys? Have they been sent out here to breed? In general I have
no fear of the patrol guards in daytime, but they could search me, the toads, and
I wasn’t too crazy about the idea just then. "Were you calling me, captain?" I said. "You were calling some stalker."

It doesn't push the point, and I don't know if the Strugatsky brothers traveled. It's written as if it was set in the USSR somewhere.

That trailer has me unspeakably mad, though.

The book mentions Canada exactly twice.

It doesn't push the point, and I don't know if the Strugatsky brothers traveled. It's written as if it was set in the USSR somewhere.

That trailer has me unspeakably mad, though.

Ray of Hope will save us, r-right?

Shadow Warrior doesn't come into its own until you go back through on EX mode. Suddenly you're not using the sword 70% of the time and you can actually cycle through all the weapons depending on the situation

NEVER EVER

obligatory

They basically wrote it as if it was in slavland and then scratched out "USSR" and wrote in "Canada" to avoid getting in trouble.

Never gets old.

what's the difference?

You can install a mod that gives you the FO3 style dialog option menu and it let's you see that sometimes 3 out of the four dialog options are exactly the same.

Did some googling. From the looks of it, AMC isn't going forwards with it. Sony Pictures is trying to sell it to someone else. No other news on the series.

archive.is/I4zbF

Your entire wall of text boils down to "I find the gameplay of Dark Souls tedious and boring because it's a rehash of Demon's Souls, and I want actual classes with different game mechanics to match not just stat changes". Your posts reek of an attention whore who likes to make long winded posts on facebook or a personal blog, get to the point next time.

are you saying eyem the strongest?

What a fucking waste of development time.

JUST GIVE US THE DEV TOOLS YOU FUCKERS

never understood the drama over this.

I don't think we'll ever get true mods for NuDoom, and I think I know why. Bethesda is a big-ass corporation that hates any big controversy that can cause them to lose sales, and remember when one of the Columbine shooters made that Doom mod that was basically his school as a level? The game got shat on massively after that, and I'm sure that they don't want to touch that shit with a forty-foot pole. Snapmap is the best of both worlds for them, they can technically say they allow modifications while only offering in-game assets to prevent any mod controversy from popping up. I hate it as much as you do, but I don't see anything else happening.

I like how they tried to pass that off as an original concept even though TimeSplitters did it back in 2000.

Haven't the devs more or less stated it was going to be another DayZ clone. I just want some co-op Stalkin' dammit.

FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU!

HOW THE FUCK CAN SOMEONE MAKE A TV SHOW OUT OF WHAT WAS THE SOURCE MATERIAL FOR ONE OF TARKOVSKYS BEST FILMS, FUCKING KIKES!!!!!!!!!!! KIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GODDAMNED KIKES, FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynch yourself, nigger.

Fuck ISIS and them destroying statues, lets nuke Hollywood.

Drama is that they didn't even bother to actually make a beloved characters's face themselves and just resorted to a stock photo, like it's some insignificant detail nobody gives a fuck about.