"Hey, this game was pretty good"

Honestly, if you have any kind of principles, yes, that is a very valid reason to hate a game. The best game developers (and even artists in general) are those that don't flaunt around their political opinions. There is a right way to put politics in media though, for example, making a film taking place during Nazi Germany about Nazis and Americans killing eachother would be more sensible than say, a movie that takes place in Nazi Germany where Americans are depicted as heroically slaughtering Nazis while waving American flags about. One depicts politics as simple being in the backdrop of human action while the other puts politics at the forefront of the action in order to deliver a message.

I may like the apple pie from your family's bakery. But if your mother and father endorse Jewish subversive schemes then I sure as hell am gonna tell everyone not to buy pies from them.

Pretty much why Holla Forums is such trash. It's just an extension of the social media virus at this point. God forbid some texture artist on a development team retweeted a liberal retard once 5 years ago.

Shoo shoo.

Also roll, since this is a numbers thread.

It's not. It's a valid reason to not support a game, but not hate it if it's a geniunely good game.

Fuck it. why not?

Good to know that non-retarded rational thinking people like you still exist.

It's not if the game is legitimately good. It's only good if the Dev forces his retarded opinions in the game. Otherwise I couldn't care less.

Let's be honest with ourselves for a second; video games are a relatively shallow genre of media. It seems like all you need to make a game "good" is to give it flashy graphics and controls that aren't too complicated for a 1st grader to grasp. Even the best examples of true art in video games feel contrived and overrated. If I had to pick a true example of games as art I would chose Mario Galaxy. Because the graphics artists gave a fuck and there was at least some level design philosophy there with an emphasis on actually trying to deliver something new to its respective genre. Shit like this is far and in-between in this industry

The point I'm trying to make is political autism is pretty much all we have for actually judging games objectively now in a world where everything is so pop-culture tier formulated

People can hate whatever for any fucking reason or no reason at all and there's shit all you can do about it.

No, he does have a point, having an opinion based on assertion is just plain conjecture. It's something that should be looked down upon

Honestly, just let this thread die.

thus the story of how pol ruined everything. When will eternal summer end?

Do something about people hating things based on their creators.
Oh wait, you can't.

Hate the dev, not the game.

Christ. Is it really that difficult?

I can multitask

I can post here on my armchair to anonymous retards about why it should be looked down upon

That is something. Now try to do something about me posting here, oh wait, you can't

Sometimes knowing the devs had an agenda kind of ruins the game though

Where the fuck did you get the idea that I want you to stop, tard?

(2) :^)

Your ID is appropriate if you know Spanish

Too bad I'm not a spic.

That's how I feel about Twisted Metal at the moment. Yesterday I was going through David Jaffe's YouTube channel, the father of Twisted Metal, and there he has a vlog titled "If you're racist, I don't want your money." You can imagine the content of the video.
I can't play the game without thinking about what a literal kike faggot he is now.

whatever you say, caca ;)

The dev and the game are two completely separate entities. You can't judge one based on the other.

Yeah, he can.

The author is dead.

Killing Floor 2 was never good, Killing Floor 1 was actually decent no matter the political leanings of the devs.

I never have this problem because I only play Japanese Arcade games from the 90's. Violent storm is the shit btw, you should check that out.

>stupidly easy to be (((inclusive)))

I started out writing a generic description but I just ended up describing Down's Syndromeda.

Bull fucking shit. That's "good" by retarded standards. What makes a game good is the amount of thought put into the important parts. How someone clever and thoughtful enough can make interesting levels, boss fights and gameplay sections out of a movelist as simple as running, jumping and shooting. How someone can go all out with depth and complexity to the point where you wonder how the fuck did these fucking russians with a shoestring budget make Silent Storm so amazing and how something as braindead and insulting as say FiraXCOM got greenlit the way it is right now with so much supposed talent behind it, or how Invisible Inc despite being a giant poorly thought out mess somehow blows the living fuck out of FiraXCOM or even how even the RabbidsxMario game looks more appealing. It's in this current area where the absolute images of mediocrity(Shovel/Hollow Knight) or novelty(Undertale, Inside, Limbo) are praised to high hell and back and then some unknown dev from god knows where makes something so fucking good(lecarde, momodora, pharaoh rebirth, Bunny Must die, rabi ribi what's with japs and rabbit protagonists).

You're telling me that all the effort say the Thief level designers put in, or all the depth a game like Factorio or Elona has, or all the fun shit you can squeeze out of games like Aces Wild or Lovely Planet can be boiled down to "is this dev an SJW or not"?

L
O
F
L

Had a similar experience with this game, played KoL ages ago then saw someone post here about WoL and a bunch of people were shitting on it because the devs were goons. Tried it and it's a pretty enjoyable little RPG, no fucks given.

Bad games can have bad creators and good games can also have bad creators. Life is strange and Gone Home aren't usually judged on their creators. They're judged on their shittiness.

I meant era.

What about the Oddworld games?

Apparently sometimes you can do that and it works!

It's not that you can never do that, it's just that it's pretty clear who has talent and who doesn't. Oddworld used the whole environmental shtick as a backdrop for an interesting setting, Going Homo and Sunset use the sticks up the creator's asses as life support.

It's not, otherwise kojima's games wouldn't sell.

I hate 90% of the MGS franchise and even then they aren't completely meritless like Sunset or Going Homo. In fact I'd say the writing and directing, which I think are Kojima's domain are the weakest parts.

If that horrible mongrel is involved in something, I refuse to even consider it. She's a cancerous growth on the industry and she has only gotten the roles she has gotten because she can probably suck dick like a champion and has no standards or self-respect.

Whoaaa duuuudeee you can't do that, if you do it you're just like them, maaan.

Let's go

It also helps that Ashly Burch participating in a project kind of guarantees it will be shit. I have a theory about her: see, she's really easy to fuckā€¦ if you have the money of a producer or project lead or something. We know for a fact she really gets around, since Anthony used to complain on Twitter about he she would get fucked really loudly every other night by some new guy she brought home, but since she's a 5/10 chick she probably has high standards. When she jumps onto a project, all the disgusting beta males in the team desperately want to fuck her since she's a quirky dream girl for them, so they start cucking it up and making their project as horribly unappealing as possible in attempt to please her and get into her pants. This results in shit like Battleborn and Horizon: Zero Dawn being the way they are to some degree.

Alternatively, Ashly fucking Burch goes out of her way to choose projects that fit her political and social agenda, and those projects tend to be fucking awful as a result of their agenda.

Funny that tf2 went to shit around time she joined the "team".

She's in TF2? Since when?

But i already walk the whole city from south to north

She's not a major part of the game, but she voices Ms. Pauline in some of the shorts now. Funny how her attaching to the project transformed Ms. Pauline into a super epic badass better than the boys strong role model for feminist girls, right? Pure coincidence.

I had to look up who Pauline is. I see your point now.

It's Miss Pauling, I was wrong about the name, but yeah.

Does that even happen? Seems like she's just in bad games that are never worth playing.

Pauline, Pauling, she's not even an ingame character(at least she wasn't when I was playing) and from what I remember from that comic she was just some helper to the administrator.

Can you actually name a good game, with a gay character, that people called a Tumblr meme game?

Maybe because gays make up only like 1% of the population of most countries? Shoehorning them in a game is just as bad as making a black trans muslim character in a weelchair to be your MC.

I don't really care about it until it poison the game irremediably
If you can keep your LGBTShit,muh nonexistant white nationalist,everything is bad except Jamal's cock to your self and don't make the game around it,i don't really give a fuck.

I honestly can't think of any good game made by an obvious lefty

New Vegas, with the gay medic that only mentions his orientation if you have a specific perk and talk about it with him.
Was enough to deem it "tumblr pandering" by some people here.

Stop posting this. We get it, germans are mentally ill.

stop posting my waifu you do not have permission

I've literally never done this.

I don't really hold a lot of faith in the fickle thing that is human nature, to me it seems like a pointless thing to judge a person for something they might turn around over after a period of time

I never get past step one.

I think it's mostly attention whoring.

This is the one point I never understand in these types of arguments. You buy a game, you're financing the production of more games in the future. That's all.
A dev is lucky if he breaks even or makes enough to justify another game being made, but most of the time you're paying him to make more of the same work.

Unless someone wants to imply that devs have an "agenda budget" where they put some money apart for their evil dastardly schemes, I'd very much like to know how making more games that you like to play can harm the world.

I'd also like to know how someone can advocate for free speech while also advocating for finacial consequences for wrong thinking.
Telling a dev he won't get your money as long as he keeps being a communist won't convince him to stop being a communist.

tends to happen when you realize your political views are harming the money.

The devs push the agenda in the game itself. Are you really this stupid or feigning ignorance to push your retarded arguments?

People here actually use it as an example of a good gay character
Is this just a pathetic attempt at consensus cracking by you?

That never happens. They'll resent that they can't hold that political view, maybe even shut u about it, but deep down they still think the same way.
You can see this from the other side, did anyone who got fired for being a nazi sympathizer ever changed his ideology afterwards?

How did you like a game that kept pushing an agenda on you, then?
What if he doesn't actually do any of that and the game is fairly neutral, it's just that the dev talks some shit in Twitter about his views?

And others complaing that there's no room for gay people in a post-apoc world where procreation is so necessary. It's a dumb argument, but its what I saw posted.

Right back at you, seeing as you're trying to do the same thing.
Is this going to be another "your examples are anedotal and exceptions, my examples are the majority and accurate representations"?
Because you only need one person to say it's Tumblr pandering to prove that someone said it, but you need a way to verify majorities in an imageboard to say that the majority thinks it's a good character, good luck proving your point.

I found you nazis via Vice.

The racism here is truly horrifying

Charlottesville really opened my eyes to how dangerous white supremacy continues to be. Originally, I thought that their hatred for people of color only manifested in words, and while this is acceptable even if it's toxic, the violent act of running down a beautiful young women has made me concious of the fact that the threat of the KKK and Nazism continues to be very real and is a direct result of letting this ideology fester. I, as a Jew, have had expereiences with anti-Semitism in the past, but never have I feared for my safety until this. No one in a Western country in 2017 should have to be concerned about their security because religion, ethnicity, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Constitutionally, we are all entitled to the same rights as any other man. It's always been that way even if certain people didn't believe it at the time. Diluting this immortal declaration with fascist rhetoric, even jokingly, will only cause more pain and discourse for not only minority groups, but white people too. Equality is the only path to a truly happy and successful world. Now, despite all things, I don't dislike anyone here as I've been taught to love all, I just hope that you learn how dangerous your behavior is. Consider yourself in the shoes of a person of African descent and how you can't escape the racism even on a video game discussion board, and while I know that sounds really cheesy, it is a helpful exercise if you take it seriously. Ending here, I want to thank everyone who actually took the time to read this even if you are a troll, and to POC in particular, I apologize on behalf of white people for all these embarrassingly outdated and insensitive posts.

Sincerely, a jewish girl

Thats the entire point you retard
You don't support two faced snakes with no spine in the first place.

fuck off goon

The point you missed. You tell someone that you won't support a game because they are communists and they'll shut up about it. They are still communists, they still think like communists and they'll keep behaving like communists.
Only now they don't talk about it and hate you for restricting what they can say.

So you get to a point where, when a dev is silent, you don't know if he is just apolitical or a secret communist, and we are back to witchhunts. And all the time you still failed to convince them not to be communists. You don't attack a man's living to convince him he's wrong, you attack his arguments and prove him wrong. If you can't do that, one of you is an idiot and it's pointless to argue any further.

You colossal idiot, you just tried yourself to create a consensus that people actually considered him a good character.
I at least said "some people", not claiming a majority backed that idea.

AMERICA FUCK YEAH!!!!

Please, I'm on a low-carb diet.

I'm attempting to starve communists by not buying their products. It's a boycott.

the goon isn't here to debate, he is here to damage control because his buddies aren't getting as much money as they used to.

I'm not giving scummy people my money to continue to do scummy bullshit. Whether it be bad political ideology, business practices, or game design mentality. Separating art from the artist is possible but it reduces the whole picture, and as a videogame enthusiast board I would want to know more about my videogames even at the cost will make me look less upon a videogame if they got their ideas from less than desirable ways.

So you're not trying to debate them or change their point of view, you just want them gone.
But since murder isn't legal or moral, you'll take what you can get.

You do know there's a campaign going on youtube where they demonetize videos of "filthy nazis" to also try to starve them in an effort to silence the other side of the question instead of debating them, right?
You're advocating the same but from your side, and you'll always achieve the same results they are gonna get with that tactic: a bunch of angry faggots banding together to come up with other ways to survive without needing your money and being a thorn on your side for days to come.

Something something, trying to establish a concensusā€¦
who?
I'm arguing that not supporting good games is fucking retarded, regardless of the author. That cult of personality only leads to Todd posting or assuming Molineaux was the reason Bullfrog was good to begin with.

You have a chance to prove both to the world and to the dev that their politics are irrelevant and unwanted by buying a game that doesn't feature them and you spit on that oportunity, proving that his political views are actually important when it comes to making videogames.
You only create a vicious cycle where everyone makes everything even more politicized and videogames stop being entertainment, they turn into propaganda for every side.

This is why Holla Forums will never be compatible neither with Holla Forums nor SJWs. You never want videogames to be fun, you want them to be propaganda for your specific ideology.

nigger your posts have been nothing but glorified "no u" with no substance whatsoever.
Either improve your damage control ability or stop posting.

Well, it's cause people are retarded.

Valkyria Chronicles had Jan Walker, who is the best faggot ever.

You don't derive more pleasure out of convincing someone of their errors? Beating someone for not listening seems like an act of relieving frustration and a sense of helplessness to me

You don't get to say this while completely ignoring what the other just said and assuming some kind of stance of superiority. Go on, answer him. Entertain us spectators a little so you won't make yourself look like an idiot any further.

Answer the other user in honesty, fuckwit. He's the one upholding the standards of discussion, so prove his "no u"-ing to me and the rest of us lurking here instead of standing steadfast like a donkey.

Is Valkyria Chronicles any good? I'm looking for a decent TBT and I like the whole aiming gimmick it has.

When someone is coming from a completely false premise to begin with, arguing with them isn't going to achieve anything but headaches.

He actually thinks people are going to fall for his "arcade ganon is considered tumblr pandering" shtick with literally nothing to back it up.

The first game is great, the rest not so much since SEGA hates money and decided the series should go on PSP.

/thread

I remember when an user here sperged out because one of the Subnautica Devs made an anti gun statement once.

Also forgot to mention that the Creative Director behind Deus Ex is a massive cuck.

It's not a false premise from my point of view. So instead you ought to make your case for why you think it is a false premise and elaborate that instead of searching for excuses to not put a single fucking iota of effort in your posts. The very idea of posting something along the lines of 'your post is not worth replying to' is nothing short of a shitpost when the message would have come across to the other party if you posted nothing at all and spared everyone from your smug unwarranted superiority, but that would also imply that you are operating under the idea that you don't have to bother explaining yourself because others surely must share your point of view that the other post is not worth replying to and therefore don't expect anything either. Yet here I am.

You aren't convincing anybody. You aren't bringing any arguments to the table. The only one causing headaches here for refusing to make a case for himself with quality fucking posts is you.

Instead you could stop posting altogether, actually respond to the other user's points with the sense of responsibility to disprove bullshit on the internet, or keep making excuses as to why you shouldn't waste an autistic amount of time on writing up needlessly long posts like me. Really, the best way you can make me look like an idiot is if you didn't reply to me at all.

And that game is a never ever early access open world survival game so I would say that user was right.

t. Person who has never played Subnautica

One man on a team of people does a SJW developer not make.

The anti gun Dev from Subnautica was also only one guy :^)

Everyone of those shitty early access games is the fucking same and you know it. Run around for hours collecting stuff to build an autism fort and then do nothing. Real fun game there.

I was right, you really never played it. Just pirate it dude, costs you nothing and you can finally stop talking out of your ass.

No thanks I don't find an underwater level stretched to game length and then turned into minecraft fun.

I should add that Jan the faggot lancer that user mentioned is also "Haay tholdier!" combined with jap-comedy-gay, not tumblr gay.
Overall it's a fun game with challenging gameplay worth owning imo.
That is until you realize how to cheese missions to the point of beating them in two turns

I disagree dude, that's actually a brilliant premise for a game.

Hey if it's fun enough I'll probably not even realize how to cheese it.

>Not overreacting, going to the devs' offices and suicide bombing the place while yelling VIDYA ACKBAR because they posted an anti-Trump tweet
And you call yourself a Holla Forumsirgin

It was the default goto shitpost in New Vegas threads, anyone that posted there knows this. Contrarian faggots would lambast the whole game for having a gay character and everyone mocked them for being that dumb.
You could have said that I only showed anedotal evidence, but instead you assumed I was trying to imply it was the opinion of the majority. Collectivists need to collectively hang from trees so they stop thinking like this.

captain_s/v/eden_sweating_making_hard_choice.jpeg

Yeah I really hated HLD after all this fun I had with it.

MILKSHAKE DUCK

It's really fucking old user, do you have any idea just how many decades we've been slaughtering Nazis and all flavors of Nazis? It's such a fucking cliche now that being the Nazis would actually be an original premise.

Okay

Jan is nice and a good person/soldier but he's still pretty overthetop played for laughs

Can you even name a case of Holla Forums actually doing this?

The only thing that springs to mind is LISA, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people here didn't think the game was all that good to begin with. And plenty of others still stick by it.

Holla Forums still praises Deus Ex, despite how much of a faggot Warren Spector is (and hell given his track record since then, there was probably some George Lucasing going on there).

Then you get stuff like Mr Shitface, where his views became known around the time Double Fine shat the bed with Broken Age and given some of the stuff they did with Psychonauts and Brutal Legend makes it seem likely said views was a recent development (and jury is still out on whether Psychonauts 2 is going to be any good or not).

Honestly you're better off calling Holla Forums out on when they stop liking a game when it forms a cancerous fanbase, there's actually some truth to that.

Enjoy any of the billions of titles that already cater to you, then. For for the first time in history I would like to see a game that simulates the Third Reich with options for victory.