FFXIV:Stormblood General

WHERE MY FUCKING WOLF EDITION
Try the game for free forever! (Only up to level 35) - ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/

Current Patch: 4.06a
Patch Archives - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Useful resources:
List of Commands (used for macros) - na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/win/text_command/
Gamer Escape - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/
Garland Tools Database - garlandtools.org/db/
XIV Database - xivdb.com/
FF logs - fflogs.com/
ACT (but don't tell anyone you're using it) - advancedcombattracker.com/
Guildwork (current not working) - guildwork.com/client
Ariyala (gear build simulator, hunt tracker, relic light tracker) - ffxiv.ariyala.com/HuntTracker/Exodus
Mithrie's crafting guides - youtube.com/watch?v=ma5lzsYTA3I&index=4&list=PLbE_CU9Jt_uc0MAfIOY8JqtN5PyPO83Q5

1. If you're brand new, do Hall of the Novice. It's stupid and only teaches you common sense stuff, but you get a 30% exp boosting ring and free level 15 gear.
2. Do all of your Main Story Quests - REQUIRED TO GET TO HEAVENSWARD AREAS/JOBS, AND HEAVENSWARD STORY IS REQUIRED FOR STORMBLOOD though Stormblood jobs do not require story, just level 50
3. Do all of your class quests and get yourself a job - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Jobs
4. Attune to Chocobo Porters, Aetherytes & Aether currents ASAP - it will save you a lot of time & effort
5. Unlock your challenge log, gives great exp and some gil - ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Rising_to_the_Challenge
6. Do your daily roulettes - all of them are great until 70, except guildhests, which is great until around 40-50
6. Level crafting & gathering - free dosh (Cooking has an amazing crossclass skill at 37 you need to get.)
8. Hit Tab to [I seem to have misplaced my keyboard]

Get a FC, they give bonuses as long as the people in charge aren't retards
You cannot join a FC if you are currently on a free trial account
Shitpost about cats, GCD, ACT, and how shitty Balmung and Gilgamesh are.

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2b058731112d9859b50789e65fcc86e77977f3e5
youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCuwGFUFY
imgur.com/a/4ohyE
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1e3e31f45935ae336e370ad0e0f82e8690943ae4
twitch.tv/videos/160716812?t=15m52s
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

patch notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/2b058731112d9859b50789e65fcc86e77977f3e5

Since when DRK power slash have any debuff ability? I thought it only increase your enmity

It does in PvP, plus that PvP patch solves none of the issues plaguing it right now. If anything, its made it worse. The nerf to PLD stuns yet nothing to the solid 7 or 8 seconds of shutdown time and darkest night shields DRK gets is beyond me.

PvP suck ass, why can't I queue as a team? that is bullshit

IVALICE RAID WHEN

In October probably

For what purpose? to show how autistic you are running the same hallway over and over again?

FUCK THIS NEW MEME YOSHIDA IS PUSHING ON US. I WANT MORE EFFORT SIMILAR TO ALEXANDER TIER MUSIC AND ASCETICS. FUCK THIS RECYCLED SHIT.

Aesthetics.

No, you mong, Read what you wrote again.

Omega feels real fucking lazy compared to past content that it mirrored.

I wasn't saying you were wrong, merely popped in to correct the error; I let my sub drop off a month and a half ago.

Best decision I made a month ago. At this point I care more about the story than savage or "end game" shit because of the min maxers that can't even break 1.5k damage on O4. The omega raid smacked of laziness; it was the final straw for me.

But A1-4 were garbage desgins. All the bosses and arenas felt generic as fuck. I'll take FFV characters over A1-4 bland design any day of the week. Music is shit tho, so you're right there

Omega could have been a fucking delight but instead they are using it to shill their other games.

Did people already forgot how fucking lame HW was at launch?
Boy I sure loved fighting adds on a flying rock and grinding through generic robots

No one likes seeing anyone do it for free.

You stupid or something?

You know you can't just call something generic and call it a day. Doubly so when it's not generic compared to the game itself. If you are going to go down that line of reasoning then FFXIV is generic as hell, but then your argument would fall apart there. :^)

Not a single thing before A8 was half as creative as O3

The only unique thing in O3 was the sliding floor puzzle. A single unique thing out of 4 fights. Stop sucking yoshi-p dick, no one I have talked to likes Omega and the few that do only cream themselves over the sliding puzzle. A single unique mechanic doesn't make for an interesting raid tier.

Name all these amazing unique mechanics on A1-4 that made them oh-so-spectacular.
I'll get a comfy chair to wait

Like I said, no one likes to see anyone do it for free. Now instead of throwing a 3rd party under the bus to make your argument look better in comparison, how about you tell us why Omega is so grand. I'll wait. :^)

You sound like a completely butthurt faggot that has Yoshida personally take a shit on his Special K with stevia every single morning. Do you really not realize how ridiculous you sound when the full raid isn't even done yet?

Boy you can't even keep your sad act straight, I can tell you are on the verge of a breakdown from here

Amazing argument. I'm just stating an obvious fact.

Funny because that's exactly what everything you have said through the entire thread amounts to.

Amazing how you ignore the entire thing and just focus on a single part of the entire post. I guess I should have expected as much. it's like walking into a nintendo thread and shitting on amiibos. It's obvious what is going on but the more defensive part of the community will not stand for dissenting opinions backed by facts and similar opinions of the playerbase.

top kek I bet this retard is the potato shitposter again.

Meanwhile you still can't seem to point out what exactly was so superior about A1-4 and keep spiraling into frankly pathetic rants about random shit

Speaking of that potato sperg, wheres the next comic? I need something to cringe at and laugh at the guy making it.

Even the board itself agrees that other guy is a massive faggot.

There it is, the TKO of complete anal devastation

I'm simply stating that I don't like a raid tier to be nothing more than an ad for another game. This entire thing smacks of SE forcing the devs to remind the playerbase to buy another game at the expense of a raid tier. Feel free to cry "lel, ur mad!" all you want but when RoI comes out and it's a giant ad for Dissida, I will be here to gloat about it.

Will the rectal blood ever end?

Don't forget to preorder Dissida NT, goy!

I'm screencapping these, just so I can laugh at you every single thread all the way until the next expac, when Ivalice raid comes out.
I know you will care despite this being an user board.

This is legit mental disease

I can't wait to fight Chaos on O8 and One winged angel man on O12!

Thank you fellow Final Fantasy © fan! You sure showed that poop-poster! People who aren't summer-homosexuals agree that Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood © is the number one game in the world! I can't wait to play the new Omega raids while eating a delicious serving of Cup Noodles ©! Please look forward to it.

100% retarded

Holy fuck, kill yourself.

This is getting dangerously into how WoW was last expansion. The devs basically held the game hostage from the players with weird things like 'Are you sure you want that feature? We can either make that feature or add another raid tier, it's really up to you.' And then neither would get done despite Blizzard being an absolutely gigantic company.

Or the questionable design choice that didn't matter of them swapping tank damage to STR from VIT. When asked why they said "having tank damage be VIT would make hp spiral out of control" in spite of having all tank gear already be vit capped. It's just laziness like that showing through the entire expansion so far.
Class balance is a complete shitshow still, with many new abilities ranging from passable to "what the fuck are you doing" MCH. In addition they made leveling worse because they removed half of your shit, so now you don't even have a passable real rotation until 70 now.

Hi, Super Retard here. I'm going through the patch quests for the first time, when i get to Heavensward will i finally be able to gain some levels?

That logic just fucking baffles me. 'If we make a stat good, people might want it on their gear.' What they need to do is up the vit on tank gear, cut the str so it looks even a little different than normal str dps gear and make them scale half and half on strength and vit.

And on the topic of leveling to 70, what were they thinking when they gutted exp from FATES? Now you've got dungeons, pvp and nothing else. It's painfully obvious that no one at that company plays their own game and they're just making shit up as they go along.

they need to make direct hit do nothing on tanks

This here is legit criticism, the bullshit they pulled on MCH is completely inexcusable after they had mountains of feedback data to work with. Same with DRG being way too much effort for just-okay returns and SMN being the new meme job.
On the good side NIN and PLD are tight as fuck now.

What do you mean? there's no level cap if you bought the expansion.

What? Isn't there a special FATE that give 2x bonus exp and special enemy that give exp buff

I mean, I guess it makes sense since tanks and healers already have their own exclusive stats, but why?

so that tanks don't have to pentameld 320 accessories

Well I mean, unless
BEYOND SAVAGE
exceeds expectations, there's literally nothing that actually requires proper minmaxing. Pentamelded 320 accs are better on tanks yeah but it's purely optional.

I left a few weeks after the release of savage coil, I beat 3 but didn't have the autism or stable static to beat 4.

Has there been any new content added yet?

Sorry, I meant savage omega.

bump, ain't letting shitpost thread push this general down

other than the event that you may have missed and the one on currently, no

Gets worse and worse. It just exists to milk your subtime with a goal so you keep paying

well shit.
gonna see how far I am able to make it before just giving up since I'm hunting and leveling DRG anyway at the moment.

Is there any proof of someone doing this for every class?

yeah there's an in game title called "the dumbass who fed us a ton of money while we released next to no content" wait sorry "the insane" or something similar

Wait till you get to Light farmining, user.

I like to challenge myself but this is getting frustrating.

I did it, you can too

Farm dog? You mean killing Susano for his dog?

Well, the music is now for sale till the end of event. Like it, but answers is still the main goal.

Yeah, I fucking hate farming when the drop rate are horrible as fuck not to mention the RNG roll

I hate farming for mount because it feels stagnant, you didn't progress like leveling up an alt class. You waste hours of your precious free time doing the same fight for nothing

Dude, if you hate wasting hours of your precious free time on nothing why the fuck are you playing an MMO in the first place?

When I play a game, doesn't matter if its MMO or singleplayer, I want to see some progression, it give you a sense that you are doing something. Farming for mount with a drop rate of 0.0001% chance is a waste of time, for me at least. If you like farming mount, good for you. I'm just saying that I hate it

I don't farm them, I figure I'll eventually see them and get them as long as content pushes me that way. Like with Wondrous Tails at the moment.

Why do some people do this? Do they expect others to lose their patience and quit before they get their item? I never understood.

That's exactly why, and nope it never works. I just sit on the floor and tab out if see anyone take more than 5 seconds to roll after me

Which one is the least likely to be filled with french and german scum?

Whichever has the lowest population. I heard Omega is pretty bad, but I wouldn't know for sure.

fishing is fucking painful to level

What makes you say that? I'd say it's less miserable than the other two.

The other two you could finish in a lot less time because of leves being viable. Fisher leves are garbage.

so here's something I don't get

the empire has always had the goal of genociding the beast tribes.

SB SPOILERS:

how come all of a sudden they're taking Kojin as mercs and having Ananta swear fealty to them? haven't they always been about stopping them from summoning eikons/primals by shoahing them?

When was that exactly?

didn't Gaius say that was the original reason for the invasion of Eorzea? to kill the beast tribes so they couldn't summon primals

It's possible. But it's not like the Hojin were actually summoning a primal. I don't think the Ananta were either until they got fucked up. And we can definitely agree that the new beast races are less retarded than the last ones.

Germans are the reason I didn't even buy stormblood. All chat is constantly filled with Germanspeak, not sure why SE didn't just make a FR and GER server to contain this crap.

This joins your Susano EX clear party.
What do?

proceed to kick

Do MNK's still have that shitty new spell that makes them attack slower or has that been fixed yet?

Why does the fact that foreigners is in italics make me chuckle so much

Wait hold the fucking phone, is that Walters english VA from Hellsing Ultimate? Holy shit.

LIVE LETTER SHIT BRINGING INFO ON 4.1
youtube.com/watch?v=zhyCuwGFUFY If you actually wanna watch.
Some highlights for people who don't care to watch

to expand on the new raid difficulty:
it's one fight per patch, only available to those who have completed savage. upon completion, every member in the party gets a token to trade for a weapon with an exclusive design and 345 ilvl.

basically nothing you plebs will get to experience though :^)

I'm gonna assume then its gonna be the final bosses of each. So Bahamut and then I assume Alex Prime. At least it isn't Nael?

nael, twintania, and bahamut were pictured in >>13340340 so I'm assuming it's all 3 for the first one.

They wouldn't put them all in one fight… would they?

I hope it's worth it. I really hope it's worth it. Currently I'm still subscribed just so I can grind out levels and tomestones.

RAMZA AND DELITA LADS

I'm gonna need a source, user.

referential jacking off doesn't make up for poor class balance user.

Live letter
imgur.com/a/4ohyE

I was referring to the Y'shtola pic.

Oh.
Final Extacy 14

My dick thanks you user.

we're so not clearing this before the next raid tier

Mark your calendar boys, shit gonna get real tight

could be something like you get a checkpoint after each fight, but all 3 must be killed in the same lockout

I'd hope so. I'd prefer a boss rush rather than all three at once.

Pretty amusing. would have found it much more amusing if I didn't spend fucking 6 hours of pure fate farming on the last day just to finish what medals I was missing also where the fuck is the PSO2 crossover for XIV side? Did they just forget or something?

I'll take it.

Yokai Watch event
When?

Tomorrow

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/1e3e31f45935ae336e370ad0e0f82e8690943ae4
Starting tomorrow then ends on November the 1st apparently.

Honestly, my dick's hard over those sweet weapons.

Doesn't mention the glowing mount, and what if I still have the book from last event with some medals on it? Can I continue from where I left off or do I need to start over again?

The old event page never mentioned the glowy mount from what I remember and its the exact same event code and all so I'm very sure glowy mount will be up for grabs still.

Can I continue from where I left off or do I need to start over again?
As long as you haven't thrown out the medals. Book is irreverent because you can get a new one anyway.

Christ I fucked that post up hardcore.

Just check the book real quick, I got zero medals. Pretty sure I didn't throw them or maybe I just forgot. Well, at least I got 3 weapons down

Apparently, I'm retarded and didn't read the whole thing. You can exchanged your old medals if you still got them fucking hoarder

Too bad I already got everything, including the glowing sperm :^)

jfmsu

Have this one, it's better.

How many did you manage to live till the end of?

killed it once, as you can see, but aside from 3-4 others that got to enrage it was mostly people goofing up black holes. shit fucking scholar would never use chain at a reasonable time EVER so I never go to make use of it in my opener. he also forgot to shield us for second meteor twice, which were attempts that would have succeeded if it weren't for the party dying to meteor for the reason above.
overall, not that bad for my first time being in there. on neo we got grand cross alpha down pretty solid so that's nice i guess

Don't personally like em. Which ones interested you? I'm kinda confused why one would want em aside from the mount

The bow, the BLM staff, and the MNK fists are all really cool looking. The rest seem pretty eh to me.

God damn it, I was half joking about fighting the one winged angel man but now i'm seriously thinking they will go through with it.

i fucking hate jump potions

Quick question guys:

So I leveled all my gatherer jobs to 70 last week and am now starting on my crafting jobs. When I started I noticed there is a "Desynthesis" skill and I had lots of fish left over from leveling FSH so I took CUL Desynthesis skill to 300+ within an hour or so

So I get the rest to about 110/120+ Desynthesis level then I noticed I'd level up weaver & my armorer would go down. Or I'd level leathercraft and my alchemist would go dwon. So one goes up and one goes down. I was confused. So I read the wiki and we apparently only have 900 skills to work with. I also realized 300CUL Desynth is basically useless since all I get is sand and nobody cares for swimsuits. Is there a way that I can put my CUL Desynthesis to 0?

I forgot the name, but there is a book called "x desynthesis for beginners" or something like that. I think you can buy them with red scripts or even on the MB.

What head gear is that? looks cooler than the midan one

I like the axe, the gun, the fists, and maybe the staff and scholar book. I'm honestly just a huge sucker for unique class flavor items so events like these really activate my almonds. Now if only Square would take my advice and make a cosmetics wardrobe and update the glamour system, all of these weapon skins wouldn't be taking up inventory space. Unfortunately, Japs are literally just dumb robots that look like small people.

So cross server custom pvp in 4.1

THE Holla Forums FFXIV BUDOKAI BEGINS

You can literally 1v1 fgts now.

I just started RDM and I've been really enjoying it so far. I forgot how much of a pain in the ass leveling a dps is. Which is faster, frontline or potd?

15-60 REV UP THOSE POTD RUNS (spam floor 51-70 till you feel dead inside)
60-61 Frontline Spam or Library
61+ spam dunegons closest to your level regardless of role doing daily hunts/beast tribes/fates/jerking off while you wait for queue to pop.

Fucking kill me anons.

Even worse because you know that despite it being 2 months long, no one is gonna be doing FATEs after this month. I feel your pain, user. I'm only 2 weapons in.

My problem is I could be using this time to level my crafters so I can get gil set aside for when Kurogane opens.

Which one of you motherfuckers did this.

the fuck is this

Some shit Squeenix made. Don't know why. Haven't seen it yet.

I'm just seeing the title and I'm already cringing

first episode is allright depending on what you like, its based on a dudes blog, which was about his life

Das rite, foolios

im stuck at 58

All the more reason to remove potato for good.

going to little ala mhigo after the MSQ

so did you hear your country got liberated

no thanks i think i'll stay in this cave in the middle of the fucking desert it feels more like home than Ala Mhigo ever could

Or how about that ungrateful shit in Ul'dah who called you out in ARR?
He's still ranting about monetarists.

Hi. Retarded noob here. Which ones is the best NA server (not blocked for new characters, I mean)? Tried Balmoro and really liked the community there but sometimes it feels fucking dead.

(checked)
Leviathan is nice. I like it here.

exodus home of the official Holla Forums guild

There's a couple of cringy types, but Faerie is fairly sized.

Also homes to a lot of retards

Second for Exodus

I hope you're ready for the ff15 crossover event with car mounts.

Quads of truth, my man.

Just pick whatever, man. Everyone here is going to recommend their own server, as if they have a decent size active FC to join, which, pro tip: they don't with the exception of maybe smug at exodus, but do you really want to join a bunch of fucking furfags?
Just go with a gut feeling, try to find a cool looking FC, whether they approach you or you find someone cool and join off them. Getting to know people is part of the experience. Worse comes to worst and you don't like the server, just delete your character and start a new one on another server. It shouldn't take that long to figure out if you like the crowd or not

He already mentioned the Holla Forums guild

There is 5 person FC on Lamia that is a bunch of Tree of Savior refugees. We are waiting for Shirogane to unlock to make our guild house. We are also among the 3 more active members trying to work at getting among us to have a person who has all the crafting up to level 70 with good recipes. We already got someone with blacksmithing and weaponsmithing at 70.

I'm down for a Regalia mount. But what will FFXV get from XIV? I hope it's not just some outfits or weapons.

Why would anyone want to become a sentient pile of trash though?

Can't wait for the next expansion :^)

Guys, I'm in a dying FC with the only member active is me, while others only log on once a month. I'm thinking about jumping ship, sell the mansion and ransack the FC chest have about 20+ millions gil in it. But I feel really bad about betraying my friends, you see we built this FC from the ground up and
he practically craft everything and use his own gil to buy the mansion. He's no longer active and the FC leader fall unto me but I have a hard time finding recruit considering I'm not really that social and nobody want to join a dead FC. My little circle group of friends in the FC stopped playing one by one none of them bought the expansion and now I'm the only one holding the fort. What would you guys do if you were in my shoe?

Sack the place and then fuck off to another FC.

Raid it, run to another server, start over.

If you're that scared of upsetting your friend, just fucking ask him. You do have another way of contacting him outside of in game, right?

Nope, our relationship are strictly in-game, we dont even have discord. We have this unspoken rule that online =/= real life

The worst thing is the fact that I have a house. I've spent too much time working on making my little shit shack into something I like. I sub only when I have to so that I don't lose it at this point. I go do all the content from what I've missed between subbing and then let it laps until I get the notice of destruction.

Why not just sell the house you hoarder

I stopped after the book stage. I j>>13379542

Anons what am I even doing

You're missing out user

3/5 - the actor that plays his son makes really weird facial expressions

No thanks user.

Roleplay being straight, then.

No thanks, user.

Imagine being so pathetic you have to roleplay in addition to already playing a roleplaying game.

So, I was considering getting my own in game house when Shirogane drops over getting a room at my FC house. Any benefits to this besides more potential space?

please game

Welcome to how loot in this game will always work. You either get extremely lucky and get it on the first drop, or you get it months later as a sign of reluctant pity.

Your main concern should be getting the house considering all the plot gonna be gone in seconds after the update went live

Then just take the shit and piss off to wherever the hell else; there's no good in honoring the dead.

I know, but I want to know whether I keep it or sell it.

I'd say keep it for awhile and then sell it should you decide you don't want it.

Much to my surprise, I'm back in the game after like a 18 month off. I fixed my cousin's PC, it used to be cobbled together from all old handed-down parts, now it at least has a new power supply.

So I'm basically tagging along with a newbie in the early game, chillin in early dungeons and having way more fun than when I was in contact with autistic grinders in heavensward. I'll eventually get back to my main quest, but hopefully those shitters will have moved on to Stormblood and Heavensward will be for normal people.

Anons, I don't know how many of you are working on farming the weapons, but just as a heads up, I highly recommend saving the 3 that can be farmed for Outer La Noscea (USApyon, Noko, Blizzaria) last. I didn't think about it, and now I'm stuck here farming Manjimutt in South Shroud for 30 medals.

Tried the free trial. Spent 40 minutes in town doing fetch quests. Ran around the first two zones outside the city I started in and did a bunch of kill quests and events there. My initial reaction is that FF14 isn't an MMORPG, but it is in fact a multiplayer hand holding simulator. Everything is so sterile and mindless that it defeats the purpose of a video game: to explore a new world, have fun, be challenged and grow as a player.

There's obviously way more to the game than the first few hours of running around doing low level quests, but everything I hear about the rest of the game makes me think it'll all be more of the same. There's some sort of party matchmaking tool so you never have to speak to your group, there's "randomized" dungeon(s?) where you need to go through hours of tedium to get to the higher floors, mandatory extremely boring story quests that you can pay real money to skip and no real challenge until you get to the level cap and start doing organized groups for 8 man groups or raids and whatnot. It's as if FF14 decided to take all of the things that turned WoW into a complete shitshow and decided to casualize all of those community destroying features as much as possible. Have some really obvious quest markers so you always know where to go, have some fast travel so you don't get lost, have some stupidly high OOC regen so you never have to think.

When is the fucking patch? "Early October" doesn't mean anything I need a DATE.

Soon™

Its an MMO. Its not really a game type for those who can't into grindan. Though for the record, things do seriously pick up after ARR.
There's actually a few quests in HW and SB (not sure about ARR) where you have to actually pay attention because it doesn't give you any guidance aside from a vague hint and just lets you go by your memory or knowledge of the maps.Too bad they're sidequests

He said he didn't use discord

Okay, since everybody in my FC aren't active anymore and I'm incharge now, I've decided to unleash my powerlevel change the FC into Nazi theme FC. What are the chances they gonna "banned" my FC? what happened if they do that?

Not if you're super subtle about it.

Waffen-SS is a ban word apparently

Probably the SS part.

Yanxian set for drk probably is edgier than the abyss set itself. Either way its deliciously edgy.

It's sad how quickly XIV commited all the sins of the modern psuedo'mmo'

But hey at least in early 2.0 you didn't have cross-server bullshit other than dungeon finder. Dungeon Finder was unfeasible for the limited end-game boss fights because the playerbase was so so bad which meant you would get to know the decent players on your server and form bonds with them to clear content. The expansions killed even that sliver of social interaction.

There's no social gameplay elements anymore. It's actually starting to be considered weird if you have a regular static instead of just pugging the raids.

*teleport behind you* move aside, faggot

Just don't be a super faggot and cover yourself in puns and plausible deniability

you look like a kamen rider m8

I want off Yoshi-P's wild ride.

ARR is such a fucking slog, it's almost impressive. Heavensward and Stormblood are miles better, and that's not some mistaken nostalgia talking either; I started playing back in May and just finished Stormblood about a week ago. There are so many quests in ARR that are blatant padding that it's infuriating. Why am I gathering ingredients for a feast in my own honor? Oh, to prove my worth that I can fight Titan? Fuck you, just let me go and try and die if I don't match up.

Also all the fun abilities are locked to the higher levels; GLD/PLD for the first ~40 levels is just the same three-part combo with the occasional Flash or Shield Bash interspersed. It's not until you get Royal Authority and Goring Blade that you actually have an option aside from your aggro combo.

ARR is such a fucking slog, it's almost impressive. Heavensward and Stormblood are miles better, and that's not some mistaken nostalgia talking either; I started playing back in May and just finished Stormblood about a week ago. There are so many quests in ARR that are blatant padding that it's infuriating. Why am I gathering ingredients for a feast in my own honor? Oh, to prove my worth that I can fight Titan? Fuck you, just let me go and try and die if I don't match up.

Also all the fun abilities are locked to the higher levels; GLD/PLD for the first ~40 levels is just the same three-part combo with the occasional Flash or Shield Bash interspersed. It's not until you get Royal Authority and Goring Blade that you actually have an option aside from your aggro combo.

What armor/dye is that? It looks great.

That issue only got worse with SB. Christ I really hate "skill pruning" when you still have worthless as shit abilities like Shake it Off taking up the place of something that doesn't suck.

Daily reminder that Machinist is still crap.

Meanwhile. on Lamia's 8ch FC

you're not fooling me Ocelot, not even with your trips

this is why i dont play as much. makes me actually miss 1.0. people actually talked then.

the part between ARR and Heavensward is almost entirely pointless fetch questing.

i know sam got boring mch is still shit I'm to lazy to level anything else to max right now.

Citation fucking needed.
Not that I don't believe you. Seeing the SE forums makes me believe you are not lying. That place is where common sense goes to die.

Anons, where do I even start with crafting?

Wow, other people play on the same ded server as me, huh.

I tried to convince Square to make some role skills into traits that do the same thing. They way they handled BRD was dumb since they just added back the MP/TP regen on new buttons, but left the old skills in the game with new effects. Sadly, the devs probably don't even read the forums.

Anyone here on Behemoth willing to help me get through titan extreme with a small party? I think I just need a healer or a tank and I should be able to do it.

mch is almost as good as bard, arguably just as good. we're back to the old meta of nin/drg/brd/mch for dps because of how insane bard and machinist dps gets in the right party comp in addition to both of their significant raid dps buffs.

The appearance is that if the mythrill cuirass. The dye was…. I'd have to log in to check but off the top of my head I think it was dalamund red or something

fuck my tight boypussy. impregnate my ass

Nigger that's gay

captcha: HmoFlu

Just stop at the non-glowing mount. The glowing sperm mount is the no-life mount and only the most autistic go for it.

Guess I'm autistic then.

hello thread, its been awhile
heres something you shouldn't ever do

honestly this expansion has been the best i have seen in awhile for pve balance, most of the class issues i have seen is shit like QoL or effort vs reward

Why not? Pony farming was at least fast and simple. I got Kirin after like 4 days.

it really is. only real "losers" would be sam and drk, but they're not too far off

did WoD in duty finder today

wiped 3 times on first boss cause nobody stopped to explain all the instakill mechanics to a duty finder raid that was like a third sprouts

I cleared Garuda extreme the other day with a group that was all sprouts besides me and a healer. The only thing needing explaining was saving the plume for the AOE. It took nearly the entire hour but we still cleared it somehow.

You guys are a joke, go play a PVP game if you are so hard on about PVP

no my dude, you didnt look carefully enough, its not Kirin

sam is the highest personnel dps but brings no raid utility, its also fucking insanely complex to build for and play because slight increases in sks have drastic effects on your rotation and hagakure usage
drk is super strong, but lacking in the dps department with the current pld offtank meta, people generally run drk/pld for progression and war/pld for farm, nowhere near as bad as HW with the "ALL WARRIOR ALL THE TIME" meta, warrior only does slightly more dps then pld

also pld is still too easy, people who claim to "main paladin" are usually some of the worst players in the game

I just like the feel of being a sword and board tank. Now I find out I'm a giraffe that plays a class that is seen as having some of the worst players in the game.

I still come across people who can't do PAL right too

the class has had 2 expansions of only using the same combos, one of which people only picked them because they had no choice and as soon as they where given a choice the playerbase collectively told them to fuck off for the first 2 patches followed by square basically giving up for the final raid tier with promises of getting fixed in the next expansion

PLDs are competitive now but still braindead in comparison to DRK or WAR, both take far more effort to play properly, you should god dam make sure you level up drk and war soon because nobody wants an only pld tank in groups
couldn't actually tell you what the hardest class in the game is right now though, despite what i said earlier about Sam, its only difficult to learn

All the PVP mounts?

How ded is it?

dead enough so we dont have public whores/ERPes and we will probably land a medium sized house in Shirogane

The only difficulty in sam is keeping your buffs up, dot on the boss and ressource management, which is piss easy for anything post lvl 62. While there is room for optimisation, the class has no punishment for combo failure or death, just getting back up and straight up dpsing again.

Try for instance MCH. If you trigger your overheat by accident, you burst is gone. If you die, your buildup is gone. Your dps is piss poor unless you're 20 seconds into a fight/used a skill and any lapse during your burst will cut deeply in your dps, so if there are mechs where you have to stop attacking/turn away and you didnt anticipate it you're fucked. SAM requires no anticipation or buildup past getting your buffs and dropping your dot/guren. You're just making it sound much harder than it actually is.

What cat is that? I need it instead of Tora-Jiro.

black coeurl from The Gold Saucer

i ranked up all 3 GCs to pvp rank 50, 1st LT and unlocked all 3 GC horses

which one of you fuckers did this because i just ran Shisui with you

I haven't tried the new PvP yet and decided to take a look. It's pretty much better than what peoples makes it out to be. I participate in the previous season but only manage to get silver because its freaking hard to win as tank so I just gave up. But new pvp gameplay kinda improve it, no more skills points system where veteran players will have an edge over new one, you just choose which traits suited your play style. And somehow I want they to implement the button combo to pve gameplay, they literally have 2 combo ready for you so you dont need 100 hotbars on your keyboard.

I mean all the combo are prety much the same 1-2-3 but instead of having 3 buttons, you only need one. They kinda already do this with WAR where certain action changes depending on your stance to not waste space putting the same action on your hotbar. I can see this improve lag especially NIN mudra lag, so instead of pressing 3 buttons faster than the server can register, you spam 1 button 3 times at the server pace.

How much harder is O2S than O1S?

O2s requires a bit more co-ordination (which is to say not much) but that's about it. There's more mechanics and they happen a bit quicker.

Huh. That was a surprising thing to see today.

why would anyone even do this?

I mean, I can understand why you would be proud of it. You're the best at something, and you want to show it. Something as useless as Minion/Mount collection, yeah it's stupid, but it's what you're good at.

I get it if you want to brag about being world first in clearing savage or highest dps in fflogs but stupid shit like collecting minion and mount is just plain autistic considering it doesn't take any skills, just patience and not to mention some mount are region specific like cloud mount and that chinese version of behemoth so in theory, its impossible to "collect" all of it

now what

o2s is a little stricter on dps and it feels a lot longer but isnt really harder. both are rather faceroll.

I had an account for this a couple years ago, can I activate the free trial on that account or does it have to be a new one?

I don't have the sort of money I used to have back then to pay the monthly fee.

Join PFs and help randoms, level alt jobs, marketboard jewing, uninstall.

Take your pick.

I'd rather drink bleach. People DETEST advice in this game for some reason. I'll stick to class leveling.

PF is usually a bit better than DF, most people who *want* to clear will take advice. Can't say I blame you, though.

PLD still has lots of tools available to separate the idiots from the good players. a clemency at the right time, or a clutch PoA to shield someone with a vuln debuff from raid damage is what people will notice.

not really. i think it's a pretty easy class to pick up and play decently, but it becomes super complex once you get to 70 and start messing with gear stats. initially it's just about keeping jinpu/shifu buffs up along with higanbana DoT, then using midare whenever you have 3 sen. all you would do is rotate clockwise from Ka, to Getsu, to Setsu, adding higanbana as necessary and dumping Sen with midare.

things change once you hit 62 and kenki starts coming in a lot quicker. like hitler dubs said skill speed changes how you play with SAM a lot, and the challenge of managing Sen vs. Hagakure CD vs. keeping your buffs up and knowing when to spend or save kenki serves to create a high skill ceiling on a class with a relatively low skill floor.

SAM is also very self-reliant, meaning they fit well as the sole melee DPS in a caster-heavy group. of course, the caster meta is currently at a disadvantage in most cases, but it's still viable, and you're likely to get more overall damage out of a SAM in a caster group than you would with a NIN.

not much harder. like previous anons said the timing is a bit tighter, and the fight feels a bit longer, but mechanically they're both pretty similar in terms of the difficulty. the real shitshow starts with o3s. as with anything though, practice makes perfect.

PLD still has lots of tools available to separate the idiots from the good players. a clemency at the right time, or a clutch PoA to shield someone with a vuln debuff from raid damage is what people will notice.

not really. i think it's a pretty easy class to pick up and play decently, but it becomes super complex once you get to 70 and start messing with gear stats. initially it's just about keeping jinpu/shifu buffs up along with higanbana DoT, then using midare whenever you have 3 sen. all you would do is rotate clockwise from Ka, to Getsu, to Setsu, adding higanbana as necessary and dumping Sen with midare.

things change once you hit 62 and kenki starts coming in a lot quicker. like hitler dubs said skill speed changes how you play with SAM a lot, and the challenge of managing Sen vs. Hagakure CD vs. keeping your buffs up and knowing when to spend or save kenki serves to create a high skill ceiling on a class with a relatively low skill floor.

SAM is also very self-reliant, meaning they fit well as the sole melee DPS in a caster-heavy group. of course, the caster meta is currently at a disadvantage in most cases, but it's still viable, and you're likely to get more overall damage out of a SAM in a caster group than you would with a NIN.

not much harder. like previous anons said the timing is a bit tighter, and the fight feels a bit longer, but mechanically they're both pretty similar in terms of the difficulty. the real shitshow starts with o3s. as with anything though, practice makes perfect.

yeah it can suck sometimes, but there are good experiences. just join leveling roulette as a tank or healer whatever nets that sweet sweet cluster and if you get a sprout or two with the first-time dungeon warning, just mention that if anyone wants some help or advice to speak up. it's all in how you ask it. if you give people the option to take or leave advice then they don't feel so much like they're being talked down to and they become more receptive to feedback.

i've grouped with dozens of newbies over the years and helped them go from flailing randomly to keep aggro on a pack to cleanly and efficiently marking mobs and holding aggro like a pro. of course, i've also had the occasional shitfest cause by what i assume is the odd wowfugee who naturally believes themselves to be god's gift to us poor backwards FF14 noobs, but that's what cross realm blacklist and GM report is for.

besides, if we don't bully the wowfugees, then who will?

It's strange. I get that XIV probably feels weird coming from WoW. There are all kinds of nuances that they won't be used to because, let's be honest, XIV's engine is fucking trash. But if someone had only ever played XIV, going to WoW would be a nightmare. The game is infinitely faster-paced. No limit on oGCDs, faster casts and skills, responsive controls, no animation locks because those are a fucking shitty game mechanic. And the fights in WoW are significantly more complex, simply due to the time the game's been around and how flexible the engine is. If a XIV native had to dry run even something basic like Violet Hold, they'd piss themselves in both anger and fear. I can't imagine how they'd react to a fight with actual mechanics like Arthas or Deathbringer Saurfang.

i wish ffxiv had wow's game formula and fight designs while retaining its own presentation value. Would be near perfect.

I can't agree more. Then imagine if it had RIFT's housing system and a glamor system from this fucking decade. The problem is that Square doesn't want to make their game too much of a real game. That's why tooltips don't display anything meaningful, like your actual chance to crit. It's too game-y and they just want to make a pretty anime dress up game with some goblins to fight sometimes, plus dank callbacks to their other games.

I don't really play MMOs what do other games do with their glamour systems?

In both RIFT and GW2, you 'unlock' a piece of gear's appearance when it gets bound to you. That means that, at any time, you can apply that appearance to your existing gear without ever needing the item again. XIV could do this easily and there are already a significant amount of items that are literally nothing more than cosmetic skins, except they take up an item slot for whatever fucking reason. I even explained to them on their own forums exactly how easy it would be to add this to the game without disrupting anything and I'm sure it went unnoticed.

Even LOTRO had a better system, it was just a second set of equip slots that applied their appearance over your real gear. WoW has updated theirs, I think, but I don't know to what.

Is anyone on the Goblin server? It's very lonely.

Man, Au Ra design is fucking stupid. Not only is edgelord animu tier but the females are just Midlanders with some texture job and horns while the males are oversized Miqo'te. What happened with each race having their own silhouette?

what did I expect from a leddit discord

DEADEST GAME

you only got yourself to blame

The bard mentor in the balance is a tranny as well. Attached image is an example of their cringe.

My server is pretty active but this thread has been dead for a while now.

which one? if it's bun mi or miyuri ai i'm going to lose it

Miyuri. You can hear "her" beautiful voice here:
twitch.tv/videos/160716812?t=15m52s

>[email protected] w/lightning hair
Get it the fuck away.

I actually can't tell for sure but ive been really suspicious about "her" being a tranny since the voice is weird.
any other proof of it being a dude? I can see people denying it when I show them this

We got autism and no erpfags AND we made 20 millions in 4 days.

What do you have?

i suppose i wasn't specific enough
sam gets difficult to learn past 68 when you unlock Hagakure, before then the class is almost painfully dull to play
it actually shits me now to play low level content as sam, often find myself hitting buttons i cant use at that level and waiting for things to happen because i assume im lagging, many classes have this issue the worst being FUCKING PALADIN WITHOUT TOTAL ECLIPSE FUCK FIX THIS SHIT SQUARE

the balance discord is mostly shit, but if you wanna have a laugh and trigger 100 people post STAT WEIGHTS!?!?!?! in the sam discussion/questions

Would you be willing to post a picture of your SAM keybinds? I honestly can't figure out where to put the second combo.

my sam binds are an unintelligible mess of buttons and modifiers adapted from my world of warcraft WOTLK enhancement shaman days, which was also an unintelligible mess of buttons and modifiers

secondary combos are generally modifiers of primary combos
so if you do 1, 2 and R then your secondary should be shift 1, shift 2 and shift R

accept no substitutes

these are much better then mine

also reminder the semen demon trainer works with the latest patch, also THIS FUCKING THING IS AN ARMOR?!

what makes you bring up bun mi? i'm not disagreeing at all because i'm seeing people treat him/her/it like a cumslut jokingly. Or did I answer my own question?

Can't find the chat logs, unfortunately. You'll notice the video I linked is cut short at a weird point; this is because Xeno called Miyuri Aiyuri's Boyfriend.

Site for 4.1 previews is up.
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1
The fuck? I still haven't even done normal Coils.

its a fucking play?!

Seems that way. Looks a lot like the beginning of FFIX.

I've been pushing myself to try this out again but I can't get over the initial hill. Can someone shill this to me considering that I've played vanilla WoW back in the days and that raiding was the alpha and omega of my enjoyment.

I think I'll go with something like the second one. My primary button is always 2, since it sits just above the W. I'll probably go 2->1 for Yukikaze then 2->3->4 and 2->S2->S3 for the others. Thanks for the tips, boys.

Hard to say user. 1 way the raid is just a play. Another is that their story will lead you to the root of Ivalice portal for raid. Being the troll yoshi is, good chance a Viera will be spotted in the play group.

1 method to get through hill is to get invested in the overall story. Also the class stories as well. For me Im getting sucked into glamour and lvling field/trade crafts. Those are real time consuming

It's a story centered game with you as the main character, just play it like a normal FF games but with MMO controls and actual players as party members

SE makes too much money from the cash shop for there to be any significant changes to glamour.

CoH/V, CO, and DCUO had great glamour systems with DCUO being the worst of the bunch. You unlocked a glamour and it was with you forever. You could mix and match pretty much whatever you wanted.

You reap what you sow.

Every tranny that I've met in game has had serious mental issues on top of the whole tranny bit. In the last FC I was in, some underaged tranny caused a pretty massive shitstorm.

It's wow with a ff skin. If you love raiding then you love ff14 as that's the only endgame. The raids are essentially boss rushes though. There aren't any raider dungeons to explore and be prepared to grind.

THE AGE OF DISSIDA IS UPON US

that's exactly it. also one of the shits who got insanely asshurt when I said bard wasn't hard.

apparently the 2 on the right are miyuri and aiuri. really makes you think..

Yet. Return to Ivalice is the first actual 24 man raid for Stormblood. Plus there's the 6 others from ARR and HW, but good luck finding a group for those.

ehh you just have to wait 3-6 hours in duty finder

I feel so bad for the people who were hyped up for Ivalice.

That queue ended up failing by the way, user. All I wanted was the pearl so I could finish an anima weapon step the hard way.

GIVE ME A FUCKING RELEASE DATE ON THE 4.1 PATCH YOU FUCKING JAPS

Early October. :^)

First tuesday of October

what if it ends up being the second tuesday?

That be gay, hard

This is Florida-chan. Her redemption arc starts in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy it.

Why can't the devs just straight up and tell us, "No, there will be no Viera". Instead of all this teasing? I want to make a Viera

The devs made it really clear they want to make Viera they are just trying to figure out how to make them work in the engine. They said that since they constantly stand on their toes none of the shoes would work with them. They said they continue to work on it and hope they will eventually be able to get them in.

I want to be a bunny girl user. Damn devs have to follow lore and stuff. Though the community would eat them alive if they didnt follow that for the Viera.

C'mon wouldn't you rather have Viera with high heels and wait then just Miqo'te with bunny ears instead of cat ears?

Why can you still not buy low level materia? I need to finish my relic weapon but no one on my server is selling any quicktongue II

user, the only reason you should be doing a relic weapon this late is for the glamour. I'd highly suggest just slapping a random cheap materia in to finish it so that way you can be on with the next step.