DARKWOOD

DARKWOOD

Is anyone playing this?

I was waiting for my invitation to the wedding on night 2 as usual when a fucking savage opened the door before I could answer it. Killed the fucker but there was no invitation on the ground after that, so I waited until night 6 to see if it would appear again and nothing.
Started about 3 new games after that, each one I reached night 5 or 6 and I never got the invitation again. Is my game broken now? Without it you can't complete the Piotrek quest.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/ARXKu
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18469605/Darkwood_-_hotfix_3_(developer_s_torrent)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just started playing this, shit's spooky. Nights are tense as hell. It's pushing my limit to how much spook I can handle. I don't handle horror games well, but the game has kept me from closing it and uninstalling it so far.

They're pretty cool guys. I really don't have money though
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:bec5ebccc6c66c9e6e883de4a4e3e74990ca42b5&dn=Darkwood+-+hotfix+3+%28developer%27s+torrent%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

Sometimes the doors are opened by passing ghosts which makes it seem like they opened by themselves, and this is usually followed by footsteps, and sometimes its actual enemies testing to see if you'll close it (which tells them there's someone inside).
Also remember that if you can see them, they can seem you. Don't hide where there are cracks in the wall.
Next playtrough try to find wolf's camp in the first day so you can get the +100 rep for trader earlier.

Very interesting game, although dying over and over will not too much penalty takes the tension out of it a little, I could play hard, but I'll probably leave that for later.

So is this essentially /x/ the game?

No, that would be an insult to the game.

I have a problem with the "routine" approach to game design, that somehow reminded me of the grindy bullshit that happens in some hentai games I've played recently.
In fairness, it's not as bad, but the main hideout works as a sort of magnet that pulls you towards the same spot after every day. So for a while, you're going to start off from the same place, and I wish I could just camp in any random house in true hobo fashion if I had the necessary resources.

Gave it a shot, too spoopy for me but looks/feels well made.

Last time I tried this game was a year ago and I only remember that there was some furfag wolf trader that seemed like a Slav. Is this actually worth playing now that it's been updated?

bump
anyone had this problem? I can't get the invitation

archive.fo/ARXKu

Is this /ourdev/?

Wasn't there another dev who did something similar? I think it was the Hotline Miami devs.

Piratebay is down, can anyone spare a magnet?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:X3C6XTGGYZWJ43UIHXSKJY7HJGIMUQVV&dn=darkwood_hotfix3&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337

You're a fine man, user. I will not soon forget your kindness and decency.

Not bad stats at all for a niche indie horror game.

Dennaton provided tech support on TPB for HLM and asked the torrent uploader to put up the patched version of HLM when it was released so that pirates could better experience the game (and obviously rev up that word of mouth). Smart move, and it certainly paid off.

Code for the locked container at the first Hideout is:
You need to have Indiegogo content turned on when starting the game, since this was a backer's bonus.

boring af

shit level design, too much walking

This is okay.

look like shit tbh

I played the game way back when it first came out in alpha four years ago. I kept checking up on it for a year or two, and since they seemed to be making little progress I tbought it would be just another permanent alpha game. I didn't mind that much; even the alpha was pretty fun, and the game wasn't that expensive.

Now that I've played the final version, it definitely seems worth it. It does seem a bit easier than the alpha, though I've heard that Chapter 2 is much more difficult.

I'm at Hideout 3 right now, and it definitely is a hell of a lot spookier than the first two hideouts. Hideout 1 is actually pretty nice – not that spooky at all. Hideout 2 is a bit worse, but still not too bad. Hideout 3 is scary as shit using just melee, but alright if you've got the shotgun.

You know what this game really needs? A DSP let's play.

It's kinda funny, this game doesn't seem to be attracting the face cam crowd so far. Knock on wood.

their followers wouldn't have the patience to watch someone play this, it's not obviously exciting/frightening enough thank god even though if it got the devs a bunch more in sales I wouldn't begrudge it that much

Still, it would be hilarious to watch DSP stumble his way through this.

"Why did that chomper kill me? I was mashing the mouse button!"

"What do you mean I have to be in a hideout at night or I'll die? The game never explained that! GLITCHED GAME MECHANICS!"

"I have a stamina meter and can't sprint across the whole map and then swing a fire axe for five minutes straight? WHAAAAAAAAT?"

"Stream chat, please give me detailed instructions on how to get to the underground entrance. There's no minimap marker to show me how to get there."

I've been buying shotgun ammo from trader since the first day. I hope it will pay off.

It will. The pump-action shotgun is a beast.

Stick with the semi-auto pistol until you get the pump though – don't bother with the single shot shotgun. The semi auto pistol gets more damage per unit time, and the ammo is cheaper. Save your shotgun shells until you get the pump.

Also make sure to get the sickle ASAP. If you time your attacks, you can take out chompers and huge dogs pretty easy.

Man, I wish I could use the shotgun, but my autismo habit of saving every fucking thing in case I need it stops me. I usually end up using pistol, axe or molotov's for every situation.

The pistol's honestly good for just about everything. And since the ammo is the cheapest, you could argue that the pistol is the best gun. I just like the shotgun for those "o shit" moments in hideout 3 when you've got five chompers breaking through your barricades.

I usually take the sickle, pistol, two stacks of pistol ammo, and one stack of molotovs with me when I'm out hunting in the old woods. The sickle for most threats to conserve ammo, the pistol if I'm low on health or see a group of chompers or dogs that I can't easily separate, and the molotovs for if I have a large group on my ass/I fucked up some other way.

During the night, I keep the pistol and molotovs on me until I get the pump shotgun, then switch out for the pump if/when I get it.

game is hot garbage

nuanced opinion

Is the sickle that good? I can't get used to the shovel delay and it's fucking me up

The sickle is the anti-shovel. The shovel does massive damage, but has a huge delay. The sickle can be swung very quickly, and has a dodge integrated into the attack, but doesn't do as much damage.

If you learn to kite the enemies, you can use the sickle against huge dogs and chompers. I can use it in the old woods pretty easily without getting hit too often. Just start walking backwards when the enemy starts running at you, then hit a or d and the middle mouse button (to run to the side and quick attack) right before it hits you. You don't even have to dodge, since the fast attack has an automatic dodge.

The only area where I'd advise you to not use the sickle is at night in hideout 3. You probably can use it then, but I normally just buy up a bunch of ammo and blast anything in my LOS.

How about you link to where you found it instead.

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18469605/Darkwood_-_hotfix_3_(developer_s_torrent)

Alright I got used to the Shovel now, I guess. Tested the Sickle but its durability just goes down too fast and you can't upgrade it. Otherwise it's a solid weapon.
Wish we could get the double barrel before chapter 2, though.

Aside from that, does anyone have any theories about the lore? I don't know how much stays a mistery after you complete the game because I haven't progressed very far, but I feel like there's alot that is only implied or outright undiscovered. Like, why is wolf a wolf? Is he actually a wolf or is your character insane? Is everything really happening or is everyone suffering from some kind of collective hysteria? If it is happening, then what exactly is happening? Is some kind of lovecraftian Elder God, extradimensional or alien being responsible?
This game reminds me a lot of the first part of Sanitarium, also.

How's the gamepad support?

I'm guessing there's no way to completely hide from night time attacks. Even if I'm in a completely walled off room away from any cracks enemies begin trying to break in.

Any tips for someone getting into this?

IIRC, the AI in this game is pretty sophisticated for a top-down indie game. Enemies are attracted to sound and light. Walking around and firing guns produces sound, and having any kind of light source (flare, flashlight, torch, lantern, etc) that is visible from outside your location (light is visible through doorways, holes in the wall, and windows that aren't blocked off by a wardrobe even if they are barricaded). If any of these situations applies, in particular if you walk around with a light source where enemies outside can hear you (for example, if you're carrying a torch and you walk in front of a barricaded window without a wardrobe blocking LOS), you'll attract a lot of attention, even if you are "hiding" in that you are staying in one location and are barricaded off from the outside.

IIRC using the generator attracts more enemies, as well as using shittons of gas. Stick to flares and a lantern instead. They don't produce as much aggro, use far fewer resources, and the lantern can be used simply by having it on your hotbar, so you can continue using weapons while the lantern is active, and it comes along with you if you have to run outside your hideout for a while to avoid enemies.

That being said, it is true that enemies do have a random chance of attacking your barricades even if you are completely silent. You could stand absolutely still in complete darkness away from any windows inside a completely barricaded house, and there's still a chance that an enemy will decide to just knock down your barricades and come running in. It's far less likely than if you're running around shooting shit and dropping flares, but it's still a chance.

From my experience, hideout 1 seems to stay pretty quiet even if you make some noise. I usually don't spend more than a few nights there, but I've never once had an enemy even try to knock down my barricades. You should still put them up though, since sometimes dogs wander into rooms that aren't blocked off, and if you're in the same room it will see and attack you even if you aren't making any noise or have any light source.

Hideout 2 varies. Usually it's pretty quiet; so long as I stay in one place and don't get in LOS of an enemy I typically either don't have any enemies attack my barricades, or one of my barricades will get attacked for a bit but the enemy will wander off before breaking through. Sometimes they break through, and I have to kill one or two savages and re-barricade the door/window.

Hideout 3 can be nightmarish. Every so often you'll get a lucky night and nothing will attack, but usually at least a few chompers will break through. It's a good idea to have a gun before you go to hideout 3.

>IIRC, the AI in this game is pretty sophisticated for a top-down indie game. Enemies are attracted to sound and light. Walking around and firing guns produces sound, and having any kind of light source (flare, flashlight, torch, lantern, etc) that is visible from outside your location (light is visible through doorways, holes in the wall, and windows that aren't blocked off by a wardrobe even if they are barricaded). If any of these situations applies, in particular if you walk around with a light source where enemies outside can hear you (for example, if you're carrying a torch and you walk in front of a barricaded window without a wardrobe blocking LOS), you'll attract a lot of attention, even if you are "hiding" in that you are staying in one location and are barricaded off from the outside.

IIRC, the AI in this game is pretty sophisticated for a top-down indie game. Enemies are attracted to sound and light. Walking around and firing guns produces sound, and having any kind of light source (flare, flashlight, torch, lantern, etc) that is visible from outside your location (light is visible through doorways, holes in the wall, and windows that aren't blocked off by a wardrobe even if they are barricaded). If any of these situations applies, in particular if you walk around with a light source where enemies outside can hear you (for example, if you're carrying a torch and you walk in front of a barricaded window without a wardrobe blocking LOS), you'll attract a lot of attention, even if you are "hiding" in that you are staying in one location and are barricaded off from the outside.

Posting is fucking broken.

Including what I said in

Avoid combat if possible. If you do fight, remember that the game punishes "mash the attack button" fighting styles. You have to learn how the enemies operate and avoid their attacks. Small dogs are pretty easy. Just walk backwards with your weapon charged (RMB), then attack as soon as they get in range. As long as you're not surrounded by three of them, you'll be fine.

Savages and huge dogs are a bit more difficult. Walk backwards, as for the small dogs, then attack and dodge to the right or left (whichever side is on the enemy's outside) right before they hit you. The sickle is very good for this IMO.

Chompers are particularly difficult, especially because they are smart and can dodge. I'd advise you to use guns if you encounter any in enclosed situations (in your hideout at night, in other buildings, or in dense forest).

At night, choose a room that is small and has as few entrances as possible, and camp in it. Barricade all the entrances except one before the night, then as night is about to fall barricade yourself inside the last entrance. Dismantle that barricade the next morning, and you'll get half of the resources back. Don't use the generator. It sucks up too much fuel, generates aggro, and is useless if you ever have to run outside because enemies have broken into your hideout and are chasing you. It's best to stay completely in darkness unless you hear an enemy breaking in or hear the ghosts coming. If an enemy is breaking in, equip a lantern in your hotbar (you don't have to have it selected), and switch to your best weapon. Keep some wood and nails in your inventory during the night so you can quickly re-barricade the entrance before more enemies get in. If the ghosts are coming, drop a flare – they'll put out your lantern.

You get rep with the Trader every day that you survive, and there's lots of shit to sell, so you'd have to really screw up to run out of shit. This is in contrast to the early alpha, where loot was rare, you didn't get any free rep, and you lost half your shit every time you died. I'd recommend that you buy all of the Trader's pistol and shotgun ammo every day, and keep every pistol and shotgun round you scavenge. I wouldn't bother with the rifle. It's slower to fire and more expensive to buy ammo for than the pistol, and doesn't do as much damage at close range as the shotgun. Its only use is for long-range sniping, which doesn't happen too often in the game – not often enough to really be worth it in my opinion. The single shot shotgun isn't worth it either. It's slow to fire, so it does less damage per second than the pistol, and its ammo is more expensive.

My recommended weapon propagation would be plank with nails -> plank + molotov -> sickle + molotov -> pistol + sickle + molotov -> pump-action shotgun + pistol + sickle + molotov. When you get the pump shotgun, use the pistol for groups of enemies during the daytime and the shotgun for hideout use. Use molotovs on groups, and the sickle for general-purpose enemy killing.

Save up as many matches as you can in chapter 1. They're rare in chapter 2.

I beat the game but I was under the impression I had to use the generator for night time protection so I wish I knew that earlier. All that aggro I was getting makes sense now. By the way the night time in this game is perfect in terms of visuals and sound effects, every night feels like you're experiencing a bad dream (which I think might have been the point).

I'm kind of hoping this game gets a mode with randomly generated worlds so I can continue to play it for the gameplay and not the campaign.

If you have the first tier of essence perks, you have to have a light source available. It could be the generator, a lantern, a torch, flares, a flashlight, or anything else. It isn't a 100% chance that the ghosts will attack you each night, so you don't need to have the light source on all the time, but you need one on you just in case.

If you don't have the first set of perks, you can feel free to go each night without a light source. The only reason you need one is if it makes you feel better.

It's very spooky and I'm having heaps of fun with it. More than I expected. I really don't want to die because most games like this lose their magic once you die and the truth that you can just try again sets in.
**The last thing I did was the wedding thing. It was absolutely terrifying. It took me like half an hour just to trigger it after creeping around and when the monster showed up I ran all the way back to my house and locked myself in the bedroom. I went back and found her in the corn field and she was dead, I guess she just died overnight?
I went back to the wedding but the spoop music started playing again and I don't have the guts to look around.**

Is there any benefit to turning the generator on at night time?

Played this game a while ago in alpha and certainly will give the full version a go. Very comfortable "I am Legend" type grind of explore-by-day-defend-the-base-by-night while gently being pushed towards new areas to further the story. I also like the atmosphere which is as if you're walking around in a mix of some old european fairy tales instead of a "The Walking Dead" post-killer-virus-wheres-Korl-apocalypse. It sends the message that you and the other non-hostiles in the forest are way beyond salvation, that all your actions are futile grasps at straws. Yet, you want to move forward in the hope that somehow, everything will be normal again. Good stuff.

That was legitimately terrifying and it was just a door opening next to my character.

Ice-Pick Lodge, the developers of Pathologic and The Void, have done the same. There's a set of bonus materials for The Void that I think was only officially made available via The Pirate Bay.

Alright, I grabbed the official torrent to try out the first chapter, and I'm wondering if there's anything I'm missing. Thus far I've only found you can harvest the red mushrooms and cook them at the oven, but I haven't tried to yet. the entrance to the underground tunnels but haven't explored them and the wolfman and his quest.
Is there anything else I'm oblivious to, or anything I need to know early on aside from the light/equipment tips earlier in the thread?

Make sure to clap for the wolfman when you get the option. He'll bestow a blessing on your hideout, making you more likely to survive each night.

wat

Seriously, lads, does no one else get Sanitarium vibes from this?

Suddenly getting attacked on night 2 by savages makes a lot more sense.

If you're fully equipped then I could see players wanting to draw attention so they can get essence from the meat.

The first Hideout is the scariest IMO, because a lot of the nights nothing dangerous actually happens so it builds tension quite nicely. My scariest moment was seeing a door open by itself and conflicting over whether or not I should close it. The unknown really is the greatest fear.

Don't close it! It might be just a ghost, but sometimes it's an enemy testing you. Also:

Yeah, exactly that. You have to clap for the wolfman, so that he'll rate your hideout high.

when do you get that option? and in what context?

i agree; scariest moment for me was a knock at the door after i was attacked by ghosts on night 2. i was in the corner of a room with no clue what to do.

did you get the invitation? :^)

nope :( was i supposed to answer? or would it be somewhere out the door? i was in a room farthest from the front door and there was a dog roaming around in one of the rooms between.

Yeah you should have answered it, seriously.
There will be no one there, but an invitation will appear on the ground outside your door. I don't know if you'll have the oportunity again on this same playthrough later or not. I played until around night 6 or 7 and it didn't happen again. Starting a new game fixed it.

Went back and got the true ending. Welp it's not like I expected it to end well for the protag.

How many endings are there?

Just the 2 I think. I'm not sure.

You have to go out to the wolfman's hideout at night. When you get there, talk to him. He'll comment on you taking a "moonlight ride" to his hideout. Select the option to tell him he's the one you've been dreaming about during the overdose dreams. He'll tell you he doesn't want to know that. Then you have an option to clap for the wolfman. He'll rate your hideout high, and you'll be partially protected from night attacks. You'll also figure out his actual name (Jack).

Honestly, I think the wolfman is the most bro-tier character I've ever seen. I'll dig him to the day I die TBH.

that's bullshit but I believe it.png

kek, never heard this one.

My sides

Alright so I've explored the underground passage to the door, found the 'wedding', and burned my way to the two code doors in the silent woods trying to complete the Wolf's quest.
I don't really know how to continue, since I died to the monster in the tunnel and can't find any codes.

What the fuck.

The blatant shilling in this thread is disgusting.

Where do you think you are?

A shill thread

bruh how

nigga this ain't a toaster, even toasters could run it, that a fucking rock you're using

I tried to torrent and the game doesn't even start because is not compatible with 32-bit.

Who killed the SOW ?

nigga just get a 64 bit OS nigga mang shieeeet

Are you playing this on Windows 98?
Jesus man, just torrent a newer OS

I'm tech illiterate, the kind of person that would make Terry Davis mad.

That thing is a fucking double edged sword. On the one hand it's a pretty powerful light source so it can save your ass if you're up shit creek outside during night time. On the other, it fucking kills you if you look at it directly while within it's active radius.

So is there anything that would keep me from staying for more than a few days at the first hideout and gathering materials?

Well there's only so much to gather. And every day you use up more stuff most likely (wood/nails for barricading, wood/nails to repair the plank with nails, gas/flares/wood for light, cloth for bandages, etc), unless you manage to spend each day never getting into combat, never being injured, not barricading, and never needing a light source (you will no matter what if you've taken the first essence perk). So unless you can mange that, staying more than a few days in the first hideout will be a net loss in terms of resources. And there's no real reason to stay there, so you won't gain anything from it.

I did return to the first two hideouts way back before Chapter 2 was in the game. I'd go from hideout 3 to hideout 2 and try to survive each night outside the house, without the generator. Just me, a lantern, and a sickle/pistol. It was actually pretty easy, and really puts the difficulty spike in hideout 3 in contrast to the relative ease of hideout 2, and the complete ease of hideout 1 (I could often survive several nights running around outside hideout 1 without a gun and without even being injured).

no. You could probably stay indefinitely at any hideout. You will run out of free resources eventually, but you can keep buying what you need to replenish from the trader every day. Of course you'll never get the better gear if you stay in one place though.

Thanks for the information, anons.

Use 64-bit like a white man

Jesus, how old is your computer? Haven't all processors since like 2006 been 64-bit? Is your computer a decade old or something? Or are you just running a 32-bit OS on 64-bit hardware?

He or someone else probably installed the OS with a 32-bit disk not knowing the importance of it.

I'm not sure why 32-bit is even an option still.

Most ARM CPUs are still 32-bit. Although that wouldn't make it make any more sense to provide OS support given that all desktop OSes run on x86. I can understand why Windows 7 and 8 had 32-bit support, since they came out when there were still some 32-bit PCs out there that could potentially be upgraded to 7 or 8. But why Windows 10 would have 32-bit support, I don't know.

Maybe just in case there's someone out there that wants to try running Windows 10 on a fifteen year old desktop now that Windows XP is no longer supported?

Thanks for the link user! I have been enjoying this game so far.

so I should buy this?

pirate it first and find out

Download the official torrent. If you like it, and feel you'd like to support the devs to the tune of $15, buy it. If you like it, want to support the devs, but feel $15 is too steep, wait for it to go on sale. If you like it, but don't feel it's worth anything, or if you don't like it, just fuck around with the torrented version and uninstall at no loss.

This is really how you should be going about every potential vidya purchase, we just don't normally have the devs endorsing such a purchasing scheme.

It's a fun game, but I'm not going to buy it full price. I'll probably buy it when it goes on sale.

Is there any point to making the double barrel shotgun?

Is there any point to life?

If there's a point to making the double barrel shotgun, perhaps that could be the point to life.

inspirobot leaked to 8ch now?

What's in the underground? Should I go there first or where the Wolfman wants me to?

go there after you have the shovel to reach the shotgun parts
also take a molotov with you

I love this game.

there isnt. you are a manifestation of selfishness of your parents, and your only goal is to die.

Is there ever some sort of inventory increase like a backpack or anything? I've just been leaving piles of shit in my hideouts.

I should really get back to that game, never completed it for some reason.

You can put shit in your workbench like a bank.
You can craft hotbar and inventory expansions with a Fabric and Rope. Fabric is rare and expensive.

Nice, I totally overlooked that.

THE BLACK PILL

While I'm waiting on the torrent to finish, does this game have a definitive end, or is just a randomly generated hell hole that never stops?

it has more than one ending.

What's the best way to deal with savages. Just made it to the second hideout, they're tearing my shit up at night. I only have an upgraded nail plank and a pistol with no ammo (does small caliber ammo exist? I've only seen magazines).

Use molotovs if they're giving you trouble, and make sure to craft a lamp so you can see them. They're pretty predictable and don't do too much damage, you can just bandage / pill through them if you suck too much, and once you get a staff it's one of the best weapons for killing them without getting hurt.

Truly Lovecraftian

Shit, on my way into the forest I didn't pick up the staff. Should I just get sickle? Board wind up takes too long it seems

sickle is pretty good, but it has no stun, so it has a different set of problems to deal with when using it, it's good for taking on dogs and chompers, but to a lesser degree savages. If you kill a savage with a staff you can loot them, you'll end up collecting a bunch, just throw a molotov at one if you have too much trouble kiling them with melee.

The magazines are the ammo. I made the same mistake once, and didn't realize what was going on until I was halfway through hideout 2 and had sold all the ammo I had scavenged.

You could make a "This is how you don't play Darkwood" out of this fucking playthrough

Oh shit, that explains why they're so damn expensive

Alright, I'll give it a shot.

Checked

That still works? I remember hearing somewhere that they made it so that the game saves right as you die in the latest update, so it is difficult to close the game before it saves.

I used to do it in the early alphas, but I felt bad about cheating like that, so I set up a script to play a recording of DSP saying "glitched game mechanics" every time I hit alt-f4. The shame eventually got me to stop and take the death.

I laugh when people say autism is not a mental retardation.

I'll probably stop quitting in my second playthrough. And get the invitation to the wedding too.

Checked

I'm playing this for free with family share and I have to say that it's a lot better than what I was expecting. Survival and random maps usually is low effort shite, but this really is a damn spooky game. I made it to the second hideout, but the layout of it is fucked and I've only managed to survive one night in it. Shit was going to hell and I was right on the edge of death when the dawn came. Real ass clencher.

>LIAR
It's just going to get more depressing from here on out, isn't it?

Is there a point in going to the wedding? I got my ass destroyed by that thing with the huge teeth, all I had was a nail board.

Nigger waited outside all night patiently just to jump scare me. What a cunt

dodge first and THEN attack them with the plank
that makes them easy

use a molotov on it or the one shot pistol

also the point is the part of the tractor you get at the back for the quest later in silent forest

How? That's fucking hilarious and I need it in my life user.

That was probably a banshee which die in one hit, but will short out all electrical lights and then turn into 6 smaller banshee which will rape you if they box you in

that's why you take acid blood

I heard they broke in like all other creatures. It was waiting patiently

Yep. One of the best perks so far

It was a c program that could be injected into any 64-bit executable, and would start itself as a separate thread, hook keypresses, and open a audio clip of DSP saying "glitched game mechanics" in VLC if alt-f4 was pressed.

It probably won't work in any game with VAC, and it definitely won't work in any game with VAC if multiple people start using it, but it should work for all non-VAC games (and every other program without serious anti-RE protections, for that matter).

I lost the original program in a OS reinstall, but it only took like five minutes to write, so it wasn't that big of a loss.

Acid blood used to be really helpful at the end of chapter 2. You could just stock up on pills and take them as you were damaged, and literally just wait out the final fight standing in one location. But the devs made the burning villagers more durable and increased the damage they do in the 1.0 update, so it's not as easy now.

Now this is scary. Is the invitation to the wedding delivered via flare during Night 2 or was that some sort of savage trying to lure me out?

Runs perfectly in Wine in case any Linuxfags were wondering. Then again, most Unity games do these days.

The torrent version, that is*

not a flare, it's knocking on your door, you have to open them and by chance it might be the wedding invitation
Also the "flare" might not have been a flare bu the death orb that makes a lot of light but actually kills you if you look at it, or if you get close enough to it that it considers the ring of vision around you , looking at it

Don't listen to the CIA niggers. 32-bit was God's command. 64-bit was designed by CIA niggers to trick you into sucking their underage agents' dicks. The glow-in-the-dark CIA niggers are trying to turn you into a faggot pedo like them, they send their child agents to draw you away from God's command and suck their dicks. is 12 years old and glows in the dark like a nigger, don't suck his dick.

Are you a fucking no brain niggermonkey? TempleOS is the most advanced 64-bit Operating System ever made. 32-bit is not sufficient for God's perfect temple. USB and multitasking are CIA obfuscations, but 64-bit will be the standard when Terry is given control of Intel corporation by divine right, fucking nigger.

Is it even worth going now?

Is the cottage in the silent forest supposed to be unreachable? I can't see any way in. It spawns right next to the map border, like the brook.

forget it, just found the entrance. it's kinda hidden, so you have to hump the wall near it like Doomguy

you can get in.

yeah, thanks, I just found the entrance
also fuck chompers

So the general consensus is that the game is decent, right?

Was about to use the DRM-free version as a demo just for the heck of it, but top-down titles like that always put me off because they tend to look like cheap flash games.

I think it's alright. I have some misgivings about the art style. Sometimes things in the background are hard to identify.

I dislike top-down titles too but the graphics and artstyle are decent enough to get immersed

I've yet to deal with them. If that thing in the underground was one, fuck that. I heard the noise and noped the fuck out.

Do we ever get to see what the MC look like without the mask and hat?

It would be extremely painful

I came back later in the game to the underground and there was nothing there. I don't think there were any enemies there at all

Nobody would care about him if he hadn't put on the mask

As I turned the corner to leave, it lunged at me. It was red i think, but moved very fast.

It does say he was deformed at some point. He just hasn't gone full Zombie.

I just heard stuff and ran like a bitch, but that does sound like a chomper though. They're tough guys.

I wish he had hired guns so you could ask them why does he wear the mask.

Uh, you don't get to bring Wolfmen.

Protip: do as the little guy says and give his mother the card. ;-;

>My health is really fucking low after going to the Wedding towards the end of the day

Man, the first hideout is way spookier than the second one despite the second one being more dangerous. Way more atmospheric and creepy

Speaking of the second hideout being more dangerous, it keeps getting broken into all the time for me. I did manage to barricade one of the doors with multiple tables and shit and its never been breached but the other ones always are, is there anyway to keep the fuckers out all together? Am I attracting them with the light and moving around? If I put the lights in such a way that they dont leak out the window will that work?

From the second hideout onwards having break ins is going to be very common. You can reduce aggro by not having the lights shine outwards, not making too much noise and not turning on the generator. You're going to have to defend your home user, make the fuckers respect the NAP.

Just build a lamp and murder everything. If you get the skill that lets you regen in light and you have a full well, should be fairly easy, even in the third hideout.

Try this. Build/repair all the doors and windows. Board them up, except for one. You'll need it to get in and out. You don't need to have three traps up at once, one will do but only if you make the entrance to it more vulnerable. This works the best if you have the shovel, if you don't make a single shot pistol and two traps. Savages drop staves for the shovel. Eventually you'll be swimming in them. Upgrade it when you can since it can have two modifications while the nail-board can only have one. Normally you only get two savages as night. But theres also the banshees. They typically open a door and just sit there until you try to get close, really easy to deal with them (ie, don't even fucking go near them) plus they will block any door or window so savages wont get through them.I know the AI can pull shit on you so watch out for that too.

Tried something thing similar. Fucking dog ate through the Bathtub, wardrobe, and door. Fucked it's shit up but died later on because of some bullshit that made dust get errywhere. Couldn't see shit, even with lantern. Some other cunt proceeded to attack me and I couldn't do anything

So what's up with resolution? I'm on a 1440p monitor and the game tells me to not use it and something about forced 'dynamic resolution' but there's no info on what any of this actually does. Should I use 1440p anyway? Should I use 1920x1080? It defaulted to 1920x1200 which isn't even the right aspect ratio, should I change it to 1080?

I thought they fixed this in the alpha a long time ago.

I actually highly recommend holing up in the generator building after dragging some lamps in there instead of the main hideout. Less entrances to cover and you can toggle your lights.

Can't find shit for weapons, when do guns become a possibility? I cannot afford the 450 goybucks for weapons parts, what do?

>red light popped up my room and nearly killed me
>banshee(s?!) popped into banshlettes after seeing me through the cracks in the wall
I prepared decently as far as furniture went, but I seriously had some devil's luck there

Board + nails is a decent weapon up through the Silent Woods. You should be able to 1v1 any dogs, but it's a better idea to go around enemies or run away to conserve weapon durability, health, and time - there's an art to dancing right past an elk and disappearing into the trees.

You can protect yourself from shadows with any source of light - flares, torches, flashlights, lanterns, etc. If you're strapped for Reputation but otherwise good on resources it might be a good idea to wander around with a lantern equipped - you might find some shiny rocks, which you can sell for 130 rep.

Don't buy weapon parts, buy the spade head and make a spade. A fully repaired spade can dig through the debris directly to the left of the entrance in the basement of the Underground Entrance, and you can find shotgun components, including weapon parts there.

Is doing wolfman's questline the only way to make musician survive? Even if you do as he says and give her the card?

I finally made it to the second hideout (at night 10 lol), I haven't survived a single night here and this plank with nails is starting to piss me off but it looks like I need the toolbox to craft shovel. So far, pretty good game, very refreshing, but not at all a relaxing game.

it's fine, I use default keybindings (didn' t check if you can change them), and a few buttons felt a little awkward at first but I got used to them.
I'm bothered by how tough combat is though, but it's probably me being a scrub. The annoying thing is mainly losing stamina all the time because walking-running is controlled by the analog stick. Oh and the game doesn't seem to have much of a deadzone, kind of annoying with my 360 controller.

Tell me about Piotrek's house and the pig farm, Holla Forums.

This thread is very enlightening, I use the generator every night. now I realize the folly of that.

So mods when? the game is pretty good, almost over a decade spent, but this was worth it. I want to have more /k/ related survival shit, and then call this mod, Dark Innawoods.

Thanks for your contributions.
I'll have to try this on my linux partition then.

Fund it

Linux version is running pretty well over here

Holy fuck, it's like a minefield.

Also, wedding is empty. Kinda sad.
All the locked doors and containers are pissing me off. I explored most of the starting area but haven't found any code.
Still have to do the wolfman's quest though.
What's up the with the deer-head pagan in those rune circles? I'm trying to kill him but he's pretty fast. When I get a gun, he better be faster than bullets.

It's like the witcher all over again.

the code for the door is in the invitation you get on night 2

nah it's fine
git gud

I can smell you a mile away, Meat

B-but the gameplay is good, Mr. Weeb? Please go away and talk about anime somewhere else

Magazines, letters, dogs tags, toys, this shit is getting nuts. Also any advice on staying alive in the third hideout? I haven't stayed there, yet.

Your standards are either unrealistically high, or you haven't even tried playing the game. I'm betting on the latter.

>argh
>open close, open close, open close
>argh
>telekinetic prop detonation

>third ending apparently exists but the only footage I can find of it is someone wasting their only chance at getting it
I'm kind of surprised. Guess I'll have to get it myself.

"tinker kid" is the guy on the picture you find on his house.

;_;

Torrenting now, thank you user.

This game was fun up until it introduced crafting.

Just got through my first day in Chapter 2. Never expected this to turn into some japanese body-horror, but throw in trees and mushrooms too. Fucking eyes popping out of the ground. Those ghost-lights that if you look at them they will kill you? They're now out in the daylight. There's also fucking man-spiders. It sounds retarded, but there's always two around. Whats worse is now instead of just holing out in one room at night you now have to move from room to room or else some termite-hybrid thing will pop up from the ground if you're in one room too long. And he's faster/does more damage than Chompers.

I know that this is obscure indeshit that will never get much popularity but I wish more devs would take this business approach instead of slapping DRM on their games to "combat piracy".

do they have a linux release?

nice dubs, and shit I've been seeing this game and its really fucking nerve wrecking

how there isn't a torrent for it?
gog version should do fine

for some reason I don't fully understand, I must know sauce of that last pic

>almost nothing I haven't seen before
>crows start flying overhead

and that is how I met the banshee

Didn't see it mentioned, and I've found it pretty useful. If you let food like mushrooms and odd meat rot you get an item you can combine with bottles to make gas bottles. Toss them near a place where enemies are coming and then light it up with a match and you'll roast anything inside the blast. Only useful if you have some free hotbar slots for the bottles and matches, but it is useful for doing damage to large groups if you can funnel them into a small space.

found a working version, feels good man,
being part of private trackers really pays off

pretty cool little game, spooky as fuck,
someone mentioned on the thread, and indeed this game seems to be randomly generated maps

jesus, just walked into a labyrinth maze of a plantation
got to the middle and found some sweet loot
only to find out a bit later that a big beast lurking nearby

lost my knife in the process and had to run out of there,
found a lantern though

which begs me the question, how do you refuel the lantern, I'm seeing no option for that
well, for some reason I can't seem to find any planks or logs nearby, to the point where everything else I have lot of, but haven't got the plank to even build a weapon
also what is a good item to use as currency, from metal to wood or gas, I got lots of stuff but I have no clue what I must keep or not

Strange meat and logs for trader and three.
Antlers and shiny stones for wolfman and piotrek.

You can turn logs into boards by using the Saw. The Saw uses gasoline just like a generator. 1 log = 3 Planks. As for currency, anything that drops off of stuff you can kill. Antlers, Shiny stones, Staff's, Meat, Mushrooms. I never used anything that took batteries so I usually vendor those.
Just another line of thought. Ever notice how Wolf has a bullet wound on the left side of his jacket? You know, where his heart would be? Or how that no matter what, you can see the Well at every hideout? Or that it has a red glow when its full? Or how nearly every nightmare involves you going to sleep since you never do sleep in game ?

the problem is I haven't found either boards nor logs

I like this game a lot but I keep scumming it by alt f4ing when I die, I set it on hard and I don't want a full game over from losing my lives.

I guess I just can't handle the failures of it.

I'm considering starting a new game, even though I've gotten far enough that Wolfman gives me the hunting rifle. I feel like I've cheated.

also how do I eat wood to recover health, I got the skill and I've had it in my hot bar with below max health and I didn't have a tool tip to eat it or anything.

probably same way you use other healing items

so lets be honest here, this game is just the character going through some really bad shroom trip isn't it?

Makes sense. The chomper in the wedding disappears instantly when you kill it, and the black chomper in the church dream is just a guy outside of it.

Things I wish I'd known earlier

Also anyone know what's up with the hidden generator at the brook?

Has anyone tried playing without taking any skills? They don't seem that great when you consider the drawbacks of taking them.

you're better off eating the embryo. it regenerates hp incredibly fast, plus it gives you an extra life in hard mode. I don't know if 4 lives is the limit or not, since I've only used them when I had less than that

There are generators at almost every building you visit. Just because there's a generator doesn't mean its a good idea to stay there at night.

isn't there at least any half decent youtuber who played this game?

ok going through fifth night, going pretty well
had someone bust through the door one of the nights,
had apparitions and aliens come by outside, giving some eerie red glow
but someone needs to explain to me what is up with the fucking knocks?

I go check it out but when I do nothing is there, what is up with that?
then because of the dark ghosts start having an orgy around me, what the fuck is up them too?

Half of the things you experience at night is just there for spook factor, the woods hate you and it wants you to know it. Random knocks, moving furniture, flickering light, ghosts, all effects. Except for one instance of knocking. The red glow is a Banshee, if you start hearing screeching and some face slowly appears on your screen, then you got a Banshee. You can ignore them as long as your line of sight doesn't pan over them. But most of the time they're assholes that will try to hit you. They're not tough, but when it dies it spawns three "babies" that will then try to kill you. Also the ghosts will temporarily shut down any electrical device they touch. Best thing you can do is either stand next to a light so they don't fuck you up or use a torch or lantern, or flare if you have to, they won't get near any light source that you can see in you line of sight.

My heart can't take this.

I FUCKING KNEW I HAD ALCOHOL IN MY STASH
THAT FUCKING ALCOHOL-CHUGGING, BIKE USING NIGGERBITCH

Yeah but I was curious if there was something up with that one specifically. It's hidden behind a wardrobe you have to fuck around with furniture physics to get to, and when you turn it on a light flickers on pretty far off screen. I felt like there was more to it that I was missing.

I want to play this game, but I can't find a way to save the dog's life. Every time the dog dies, it feels like game over, so I have to start again.
Why couldn't it have just been a human child so I could ignore it without guilt?

that is literally the prologue only mate… just skip it if you want to

put the wardrobe on the outside so they can't push it inwards
also open the door if they knock at it

You become a fucking dog mass murderer by the end of it. They're like the second most common enemy.

so did anyone ever get stuck out at night?
I tried searching what happens but can't find any info whatsoever
my guess is that bunch of creatures spawn just the same but you're left without the protection of any walls

there's a "floor gore" that follows you and kills you. The substance at the oven is made to keep it away.

Where do I get the tongs to upgrade the workshop? I'm at Hideout 3 now, I want to get a pump shotgun so I can survive the church basement and whatever rollercoaster of fun the Wolfman is going to take me on.

Is your bandwith so precious that you need to ration out 4 gigs? If all you want is a gameplay preview the official trailer will suffice.

A swarm of worm-tenticals spawn near you and try to kill you every second your not under "protective substance." More keep spawning until you die.

I only found them in Chapter 2. There might be one in Chapter 1, but I don't know where it could be. Also when you have to go through Door 21 take as much shit with you as possible because that is going into chapter 2 and you can't go back

well I'm past the iron door now, got an axe, rifle with 4 rounds, pistol with around 6 magazines and an almost full stack of matches. I'm all set for chapter 2 I guess.

This is great. I was scrolling through the Youtube comments on the video, because I'm a worthless piece of shit, and I found this guy's comment and it was some of the weirdest autism I just had to poke him. All I said was

This is the last I got out of him. I responded
He deleted his post again and hasn't resubmitted it since.

Makes sense, and I've used that trick in Airsoft simming.

Some people will close a door after entering as it makes them feel safer

Honestly, it is if someone hasn't already marked the door. And most people won't think to close random doors.

bumperino

I did not understand your statement
anyway, moved on to second hideout and holy fuck shit is intense
not one night passes uneventful, in fact, I barricade every entrance and they will still try to get in

Kill me pete

It is safer if the door is closed and nobody knows you're in there. The less information the other person has, the better.

The second hideout is the second hardest/intense of all the hideouts. You'll get at least two savages a night plus a big dog or banshee. Don't worry about the bug holes that pop up and start spawning the small bugs, they're harmless. Unless you're talking about the worm-man-thing. You might have to barricade all the doors and windows plus laying out bear traps. If you still don't feel safe then have a lantern and a few single shot pistols, those kill savages in one shot.

In other news, I managed to beat the game. The last night is pretty easy compared to every other night. Especially in chapter 2. There also doesn't really appear to be a "good ending" or a "bad ending," it just hinges on who's quests you do.

like Stalker: CoP?
there is at least one more ending, though. It also depends on how you got to the ending and what you do on the epilogue.

I've started my second play through, this time I'm doing Wolf's quest and eventually leave the kid with the mushroom grandma

I'm seeing its quite insane how much stuff you end finding in this game, quite big for a horror of this style
and so much bizarre stuff too, I wonder what is up with those
gonna play it now I try to steer away from spoilers

for fuck sake, they are literally relentless

what was that about leaving lights out at night people talked earlier?
just got them tier 2 perks but I still have that shadows thing,
I just be left in the dark

also, does anyone have successfully used the chain trap?
they seem like a good idea but I still haven't managed where to place them

For anyone interested, you can transfer all your wealth into the 2nd chapter by amassing weapon parts item (not individual weapon parts like tubular magazine and stuff), be careful though not to overjew because you still need to survive somehow and traders only restock once per day. Outside of that, I'd recommend taking full stack of lockpicks.

Don't lvl up, make a safe prop block(chairs and other unbreakable shit infront, the door being the only expendable object, have an easily accessible escape route if worms come, be visual and soundproof), always have spare flares and lanterns, not being shit at organizing equipment is preferable.
The problem with this is that 1. you'd think that you'd be avoiding combat, but actually you must be even more prepared to not choke hard; 2. 2nd hideout is fucking trash and probably one of the hardest ones to defend without spending much per night; 3. regardless of a hideout, you would need to spend time hauling props across the world map.
hint: church location is a godsend

oh, and you probably don't need it since you are playing baby mode

that doesn't sound right, is really what that was about?
I was thinking that maybe the bad perk would go away after higher levels,
or that even with it you could use a lamp or something and it would be better than the generator

Maybe, I'm just a juden of high calibre and there is close to no game info on the net.

Maybe, I'm just a juden of high calibre and there is close to no game info on the net.

Into the trash this indie shit goes.

Into the trash this indie shit goes.

There's nothing you can do about lights that are attached to walls. Also, if you're at hideout 2 you should have the shovel by then. Its a lot better than the nail-board.

Bad perks do not disappear. But once you pick a bad perk per tier, then the next dose for that tier will not require a bad perk. Not leveling up is a good way to avoid having bad perks. They don't get any better in tier 2 or 3. Another reason is that at least two of the perks you can get are basically the same thing and you can last without them, especially if your playing on Normal.

If you get to chapter 2, get a shovel and find the Junkyard. It will have everything you need to finish upgrading your workbench and inventory upgrades. Also, is there a way to get a Welder without going into the Silent Woods?

you'll have to face it later if you don't kill it
retard

Nope. Easiest way to get one is to finish Piotrek's quest.

Shit luck, but when they throw a piece of themselves at you, it will turn into another one. They should be the least of your concerns in chapter 2 though. With Chompers, Banshees, Alligator-men and the Worm-men, the Man-Spiders are the weakest.

Son of a bitch, I didn't realize that.
Still though, they seem to be the larger problem for me. Chompers I can deal with barely any issue unless it's the cabin where 5 chompers seemed to be having a party before I arrived, banshees are annoying because I lower my weapon durability on them too much, alligator men are kind of difficult until you stop panicking when they hit you with their ranged roots, and worm men are actually a big pain in the ass too, but oh well.

God damn, where can I find me a stick? I've been trying to farm the savages, but I'm not finding any sticks, and I really need this shovel. Are there any pre-spawned sticks?

The savage hiding in the cabin between the Dry Meadow and the Silent Forest has a stick. Have a gun ready when you aggro him.

The human spiders move really fast when you can't see them, so if you try running away, they basically teleport into your ass.

Did I read that right? You tried to reach the wedding during the night?
Why.

Are you talking about the entrance to the Silent Forest? That's Justin full of little bug guys and toxic. Can't get through.

Update, I was able to go through, but wasn't able to find a stick, or a path to the silent woods. Did find an embryo, though.

Look through all the rooms.

Is there supposed to be a code I need to find? There's a door with a code, and a door that needs a key. Do I need to do something with the wedding or the house in the north?

Yes. The code was in the upper room. 3333

so, can you only get that invitation on the first safe house?
pretty sure going to open the doors at the other houses means certain death, specially since most doors should be barricaded anyway

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:93de8d1380916ae172fc72a415fab27234d80375&dn=Darkwood.Linux-ACTiVATED&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.eddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce

Now I'm starting to feel retarded. Is the upper room in the entrance to the Silent Woods, or is it in some other house?

wow thanks user, I was actually the one that shared it

Tried restarting three times but I don't get the wedding invite. What gives?

Okay, you head down into that house crawling with bugs, then down to the dead pigs and embryo. It should be in another unexplored room. Also, those worms don't like fire (hint hint)

Gracias. Apparently, I didn't see the hole in the wall when I was there the first time.

they knock on your door on night 2
open the door and it will be on the ground

That was just lore stuff, when the light flickers on you can see some people slowing turning into trees.

w-what? I just thought they were in pain.

People are becoming trees, others are becoming animal hybrids.

Another thing I noticed dogs give just regular meat while bunnies give strange meat.
Maybe its the mushrooms their eating?

I've had knocking at all three safehouses, and the second one isn't really that dangerous so it's possible.

Just fyi, locked wooden doors like that one can be smashed right down. Shovel normally takes them down in two hits without too much durability loss.

If you have any skill at programing, you can find all the codes to any locked box/door. Or, if you don't, then you can just dig into your save profile. For instance, the locked box at the first hideout starts with the code "0000" on the same line, it'll say the combination number. This also works for the Church Underground. Haven't tested it on anything else. Trying to find the codes of Wolfs two boxes in the second region.

Bumping for Piotrek

Finished the game on Normal a while back, am now giving Hard mode a try. Currently attempting to reach Chapter 2 without dying. Two things I picked up while playing that make life easy. First, buy a Watch (300 value) soon-ish. The item displays the time in the upper hand corner, which allows you to plan out your runs, get back to your hideout safely and how much time remains at night before morning. I usually get it from Wolfman or the Trader after 2-3 workbench upgrades.

Second, in hideout two, make yourself comfortable in the generator room. Move both lights into the room, barricade all windows/doors and lay down bear traps. Easy to defend and you're basically immune from all night events, except for Savage invasions and the occasional Banshee (only if a Savage manage to break through your defenses). Don't forget to bring Planks and nails to re-barricade yourself. Good luck, and there's also a Darkwood Wiki out there.

Honestly, I don't think barricading the hideout completely with passive defenses is such a great idea. When your defenses break down, you'll be stuck in your own death trap.

I completed the game on hard several days ago and my general approach to home defense is to pretend its hotline miami and just kill everything that approaches. The good thing about killing everything is that the monsters can supply you with useful things like bottles and rags. I still barricade windows to reduce the number of entry points for the monsters. Since I used so little items in defense, I ran out of room to store things at every hideout I moved to and eventually started to just dump items on the ground.

I'm a massive coward when it comes to horror games, is there any jump scares, or is just genuine good horror?

There are no jump scares.

no fabricated jumpscare yet, but there ae situations that can make you jump

What this guy said . Shit gets scary but it's the atmosphere and not monster closets filled with orchestras.
Developers released a DRM free copy of the game in case you didn't see. Next time you get paid you can pay for it if you feel like it for the torrent.

also

Nice digits. However, the code on the first box is always randomly generated. Also if you break into one of the Wolfs boxes in the Silent Forest, you can get a Shovel, an Axe, Handgun, Double Barreled Shotgun, an Assault Rifle and a Sub-Machine gun. The main issue I'm having is how ammo works for guns. If you make a gun and have ammo for it in your inventory, it works. But after a certain number of shots it goes red. I try to switch out the ammo, but nothing happens. The magazines don't disappear or show that they're empty.

Press R to reload with the weapon equipped and a magazine in your inventory. It's not clearly explained anywhere and I'm not sure how the developers thought a player would find out besides going online and asking how. Click and drag works for lanterns and gas cans so I don't know why they didn't make it work the same way with firearms.

Kind of lost all its suspense and atmosphere after I died the first time.

Thanks! The SMG takes less than one mag to kill a chomper and mowing down Savages with the AK makes me feel like moonman.

(me)
Finished Hard Mode an hour ago (dying 3 times), my advice would be the same as in the above mentioned post, plus: One, in Hard, Embryos function as extra lives if you consume them (don't cook them unless you absolutely want to use them for an injection). There are 4 to be found on the maps and a couple more to trade with the Doctor in Chapter 2 (if he still lives). Two, the hideout in the Swamp has a room with a cupboard, a chair and a light (+ a hidden container). This room can be completely boarded up, so as with the generator room in the second hideout, board it all up, lay bear traps inside and camp out for easy nights. All you will have to deal with each night are a couple of Huge Dogs, possibly a Centipede and (rarely) some Floor Gore.

Figured it out without going online, purely by chance while trying to replace a flashlight battery. Somehow, my Resident Evil experience whispered to me "There must be a button, try 'R' to reload".

oh shit nigger what are you doing

So is the dev torrent on TPB actually safe?

I needed a Halloween game anyway.

fucking hideout #2
never gives me a break
anyway, what did you think of the webm?

what do you think?

breddy good, the savage bursting into the room and wandering off after he couldn't find you was great. A bit of advice, those sounds you hear at 0:22 and 0:46 were your bear traps going off. Enemies can still attack but they're rooted in place until they break out of it. It's a good time to beat them to death. Also glass bottles thrown on top of bear traps will kill huge dogs and almost kill savages I think.

Whoops, erroneously mixed up the posts.

is (me),
is user

Text still stands, just switch the posts. I'd also like to add that in hideout 4, don't forget to move all your lights into the small room before boarding it up (mostly for those who have the 'Shadows' trait).

Agree, in hideout 2 you almost always get 2 Savages + random night event (Banshee, Floor Gore, Bugs, etc.) each night. Still, it's better than hideout 3 where it's Chomper time instead. That's why I usually skip hideout 3 and rather spend the night in hideout 2. The extra 50 trader rep you get isn't worth facing 1 or 2 Chompers each night. All I do in hideout 3 is use the stove to cook mushrooms and stuff because of the higher efficiency modifier. Also, repairing the well is worth the investment to have access to emergency healing in the Old Woods area.

Imo, the Old Woods is the toughest area of the game because there are so many Chompers to go around. The enemies in the Swamp are much easier to handle, partly because they are (slightly) less aggressive and partly because you are finally able to craft an Axe + Double Barrel Shotgun.

Bumping for Musician

RIP

its been a good one lads, should we do another thread?

Yes please