R.I.P. Formerly Great Dev Studios Thread

This kind of attention to detail makes me seriously miss old Arkane.

Jedi Outcast and Academy were truly great.
I wouldn't want a modern sequel though.

AND I WOULD WALK FIVE HUNDRED MILES

Better song with the same title: the one by Peter, Paul & Mary.

The Arkane died the moment Bethesda bought them out. All they've made since then was shit.

Interplay :(

NuPrey was good, it just had a retarded name. Arkane have made some mediocre games (Dishonored 2), but never a really bad one. I still have confidence in them.

I'm sad that Arkane never got to take the foundation of dark messiah and make it into a good game, it's got some solid ideas but the execution in dark messiah is wretched. Oh well, that's why you don't sell out to Bethesda. Their """"""""""""""""quality standards"""""""""""""""""" really strangled good games.

Human Head made the right choice in suffering and having their opus shot at the gates, but guaranteeing their freedom. Hopefully Rune turns out to be a good game.

Too many
-Pandemic
-Westwood
-Monolith
-Massive
-Maxis
-Bullfrog
-Lionhead
-Sierra
-Midway
-THQ

Bethesda bought Arkane in 2009, which is three years after Dark Messiah's release.

not_an_argument.png

damage sponge enemies and level design that never really hits it out of the park guarantees this. It's OK if you have really low standards, but I expect better.

yeah, which is why I said it's a shame they never got to realize the potential stated in dark messiah. They were taken over by bethesda's quality control after dealing with ubisoft quality control for dark messiah.

Oh, I thought you meant that Dark Messiah being rough around the edges was Bethesda's fault. Sorry.

I can see how my sentence structure would make that happen, but it's also worth mentioning again ubisoft, and I'm sure we all know how ubisoft prevented them from releasing further patches including the SDK. Dark Messiah honestly could have been a pretty great platform for fan mission style releases from modders. I think that's what the game really needed, more of that deus ex/thief style level design and less linear corridors which the game became after the first quarter.

A tout le monde
A tous mes amis
Je vous aime
Je dois partir

>no more no one lives forever Admittedly I haven't played this one but I heard its good

It really makes me sad not just because they made some of my favourite FPS games but also because what they do now is just shit. Admittedly if shadow of mordor was its own thing and didn't have anything to do with LoTR id probably love it.
I still dont understand why the lithtech engine never got popular, seems absolutely fantastic to me but I guess most devs wanted unreal for some reason.

DO NOT SUPPORT/BLACKLIST/BOYCOTT LIST

responsible for xbox one/kinect/windows10, part of prism, ruining halo, taking over minecraft, xbox online shop overflowing with indishit games (last checked over a year ago)

helps the nsa backdoor everyone's computers along with microsoft

ask Holla Forums (unless they ban you instantly for no reason at all for talking about Holla Forumsnology just like /a/ for talking about /a/nime)

forcibly inserted into many different linux operating systems that would otherwise be 8/10 as some kind of linux coup.

responsible for iphones, part of prism

took over and discontinued countless video game companies, microtransactions, dlc, season passes, full of sjw's who claim sexism and muhsoggyknees because people don't buy the game when really the reason is because the game is broken and low quality and they don't want to take responsibility for that.

gives ea whatever they want. ruined knights of the old republic, ruined every mass effect after ME1

responsible for battlefield

does similar things to ea and activision

microtransactions, dlc, some of the first people to release the cancer of microtransactions and dlc into the video game world.

responsible for leaving microsoft because they didn't like what they were doing to halo, and then doing the same things as them by making destiny

really dumb customer support, not a whole lot of good games, added paid online to ps4, online shop overflowing with indishit games (last checked over a year ago)

very small amount of games worth playing not counting old eshop titles, added paid online to the switch, eshop is overflowing with indishit games (last checked over a year ago), eshop lacking some of the best old titles from n64, gamecube, and so on. infuriating artificial difficulty in some games.

responsible for gta5, microtransactions, dlc, shark cards

responsible for skyrim

microtransactions, dlc, digital rights management hell, always online, get banned and lose everything you paid for

responsible for borderlands2, microtransactions, dlc, season passes

Because you could watch your grandchildren grow old while you waited for it to load a level.

I think an easier list would be devs that haven't gone to shit.

maybe

defeatist globalist zionist cuck shill detected.

I demand more buzzwords.
Also, tell me some games that you play on your AMD machine with AMD graphics card running Linux, since Microsoft and Intel are out of the question.
My point isn't that you're wrong about these companies, it's that boycotting them all isn't practical for most normal people.

Fuck EA

Anyone have that collection of all the great game studios that have died? Saw it on cuckchan years ago.

lots of shit-games-that-nobody-cares-about are on that list, you need to update it

i cry evry tiem

shill detected

Still waiting on a response to

what are you talking about nigger? i was merely pointing out that there are a few un-noteworthy games on that list. mainly Mass Defect which was never even good, and Baldur's Gate which is babby's first cRPG/DND RPG.

shill detected

They're shit games which use psychologically manipulative features to get you hooked.

keep sucking bioware cock fag. they were never good.

What the hell happened to Pandemic anyway? I haven't heard anything from them after Saboteur, they just sort of…disappeared…>>13318830…oh.

Fun fact: there isn't a single great dev studio that's still alive today. They're all dead. Every single one of them.

Still alive!

t. what is UO, GW or DAoC

owned by who?

Those games can't be played anymore, they're dead, maybe for the best.

UO still has live shards, GW has h/h for pve content.
And all multiplayer games die sooner or later, not unique to MMOs.

People to this day still play Quake 3. Even more amazing, there are people who play Doom deathmatch to this day through sourceports such as Zdaemon.

I still fail to see how you can play those games, or how they're good. From what I've heard from people who've played Ultima Online, the game has gone to shit even for them.

Only legally. They sold all their IP last year.

They're independent. Still basically dead, though.

That sounds like your problem. I'm here pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about.

Is the game the same game it started out as? Would you play it today? Would you consider the newer content good? If you answer no to any of those questions, then the game is dead. Updates which make a game worse kill the original and replace it.

I dont want to live in this world anymore

What is the context of that image?

degenerate people who like to pretend they're being eaten

do it

for him

Kill yourself.

Microsoft and Bioware at one point weren't bad. Microsoft brought us things like Halo and Age of Empires 2, and also Microsoft published Bioware's games from Knights of the Old Republic all the way up to Mass Effect 1. Initially, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect 1 when they were released were exclusives to Microsoft consoles with a PC version coming after the initial release. They've both been shitty for a while now but at least at one time they gave us good games to play.