Lets talk about violence in video games, what games have the most satisfying violence...

Lets talk about violence in video games, what games have the most satisfying violence, or the most realistic or just give a good feeling of just being in an absolute bloodbath. This isn't necessarily about the quality of the games but the quality of the violence mind you. I played nudoom recently and it was okay but it was nice to see something so ludicrously hyper violent and it mostly made me wanna go play ninja gaiden 2 or god of war again

Despite seemingly winning the "video games don't make you violent" battle I get a sense that the violence in games still got subtly neutered over the years, even seeing blood splatter on walls seems kinda rare

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCe3OX7viy81tqeGGKA2OsEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

video games weren't the only thing nerfed in violence. movies have also been nerfed massively in violence

I haven't been watching a lot of movies lately but isn't the normalfag popular game of thrones really violent and fairly explicit in it?

yeah, but you hardly see rated r movies anymore

oh an anime violence if fucking PATHETIC now too now that you got me thinking about it

because of 'muh widest demographic'

The Castlevania anime recently done was gore rific.

The toning down of violent gore has a lot to do with technical limitations and the prevailing laziness and lack of attention to detail found in almost every game nowadays.

youtube.com/channel/UCe3OX7viy81tqeGGKA2OsEw

those are some fucking deadly pictures bruddah

wasting a million polygons on every character models ballsack was a mistake

I still remember the screams of agony, of my balls as the newfags were excited by the fatalities. Why are you testing us so, my Lord

Dying light has a good feel to it when you lop zombie heads off with one clean swipe

some of the fatality animations are pretty amusing but the way they were implemented was questionable, and none of the animations are as satisfying as something like deleting a baron of hell with a quad damage gauss cannon

i almost don't count zombie gore as proper gore because they never fucking react to pain, or at must kinda shrug around a little bit, zombies are too much of punching bag enemies to feel satisfying to fight anymore

Nice datamining thread

someone please fuck me in the ass, i forgot to sage

No game to date has yet topped what Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 have achieved, which is a depressing fact all on its own.

wew

shit thread faggot.

Cuckime past the 90s is a disgrace, the only good ones nowadays are based on manga from that era

asking a question isn't datamining you big retard, jesus wept you cunts are too paranoid. i just wanna play some video games with lots of blood in them

issue with those is the animations didn't line up with the gore very well, still the level of detail was really cool

TOP VIOLENCE!

This was never really a thing on consoles, and was rarely a thing on PC.

shit you caught me. we figured out how to know your name, address, social security, credit card number, and blood type through the games you think are the goriest. shit.

Ninja Gaiden 2's violence was great and they toned it down in the Sigma version due to the FPS problems created in the original version from all the bodies scattered around. I hope we get another NG, but after seeing 3 I doubt we can have anything that will match Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma.

You have no idea what cuck means. Hell manga has more cuckold/NTR material than anime. Also it's like you've watched nothing past your childhood anime shows. That's like saying no good game have come out in the past 17 years.

razors edge was definitely a step on the road to redemption but i don't think team ninjas gonna try again anytime soon. shame

Can you name some new recent anime instead of being vague? Last time I checked it was all a bunch of half assed slice of life moe garbage.

You can't expect much out of a modified Quake 3 engine game from 2002. The game should be remade on GTA IV engine.

For swordplay game, nothing beats the gore of Severance.

Same user under a different IP. I will name some shows that are at least worth watching that don't simply rely on moe girls to keep your attention. These have come out in the last few years too.

Sakumoto Desu ga (comedy)
Aho-girl (comedy)
Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt (action, mecha, jazz shilling)
Sukasuka (fantasy and drama)
Konosuba (comedy and fantasy)
Shimoneta (comedy)
Re;zero (action and fantasy. Season 1 is pretty good but season 2 doesn't even compare)
Grimgar (action, adventure and fantasy)
Alice to Zouroku (seinen and adventure)
Ajin (action)
Galko-chan (comedy, biology, fashion, social studies)
Gate (action, military, fantasy)
Joker Game (drama, historical, military)
Death Parade (drama)
Ushio to Tora (Action and shonen)
91 days (drama, action and historica)
Alderamin on the sky (action and military)
Handa-kun (comedy)
Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan (comedy, shonen, supernatural)
Keijo (sports and action. While relying on fanservice and cute girls, this show is defenitely fun to watch due to how absurd it is)
Nanbaka (action, comedy, drama, fabulous men)
Maonogatari series (comedy, supernatural, harem, drama. Probably one of the few harems I can watch)
One Punch Man (action, shonen, loved by normalfags. But it's still an entertaining show.)
Terror In Resonance (Drama and action)
Parasyte (Action and drama)

All came out in the past few years while avoiding moe SOL. As usual it's better to stick to manga, which is what I usually do, but anime is still entertaining depending on what you watch. I highly recommend Terror in Resonance, Joker Game, and Death Parade.

Forgot to add The Royal Tutor and KADO: The Right Answer.

Thinking most anime is just SOL, while not actually watching anime, is like coming into Holla Forums and claiming the industry has only produced AAA cinematic experiences and no good game has come out since the 90s. We both know there are good games out there but most people won't even know because they don't keep up with anything or look past IGN and their favorite Lets Player.

The Castlevania prolog was pretty damn bloody for a minute or two, and the character designs were okay. Too bad it was salted garbage otherwise.

Dracula's waifu an absolute shit and his arbitrary year long wait is beyond stupid, monster designs lacked skellymen and were basically lifted wholesale from Blood: The Last Vampire, 5 minutes were wasted talking about literal goat fucking and the soundtrack was so forgettable I have a feeling it'd be improved just by lazily slapping old 8-but chiptunes over the top.

Sage for unrelated bitching about the least depressing thing to happen to the series in almost 20 years, I just don't know what everyone sees in this boring garbage. Also no Grant doing pirate fu, fuck this show right in the goat ass.

The most satisfying anime violence of the last decade was Shigurui. You'll have blue balls after the final episode but it's worth it.

The sounds those gremlin fucks make keep me up at night.
I think Die By The Sword had better sword violence though

violence or blood n gore in vidya has gone down mainly because of Germany and other countries that has a ratingsboard. allot of people like to shit on Japan because of muh censorship which is nothing but the ratingsboard is somewhat strict but nothing special compared to Germany, I shit you not, age of conan had to have less splatter and gore because of Germany. They had to work extra hard because of ze germany.

Obviously the germans aren't responsible enough to have germany anymore

The only reason Razor's Edge was good was because they took Ninja Gaiden 2 and molded it over 3. They did add some nice mechanics though like making ninpo meter based instead of a limited resource that you randomly get from enemies. Playing aggressive and timing your Steel On Bone hits correctly netted you with more health regen through that and ninpo. It would have been really nice if they brought back the flame wheel ninpo because it would go great with the way this game handles it ninpo. In Black, you would never want to waste such a powerful tool on something like flame wheel. Especially when people can still attack you through it and it lasts for like 3 seconds.

Didn't even realize it had an anime. Read the manga earlier this year and loved it. I was surprised when I saw it referenced in Tsugomomo. Speaking of which, in Rune Factory 4, there was a reference to Excel Saga. Someone's pets were named Minchi and Nabashin.

is that the New Dark Souls game?

sempai noticed me~