Stardate: Current Year

Can we NEVER have the dream "returning to the ruined resort and surviving INNAWOODS game ever?

I want tresspasser on steroids. I want to be walking through a mossy, half finished food court in the middle of 25 years of fresh jungle growth all torn up with stains of dry blood everywhere looking for some bandages or something and hiding from velociraptors while a tropical thunderstorm rages overhead.

Why does nobody print this money?

Fuck off Reddit

Go play ARK, fag.

I'd settle for a Park Builder that shifts to survival horror halfway through when something inevitably goes terribly wrong, and it could go wrong sooner depending on whether or not you invest in certain things… Like, did you train your security team to deal with potential spies and people trying to steal research? Did you spend the time to upgrade all your computers on a regular basis to keep them from being compromised? Did you think you'd need something more than an electric fence to deal with 10 ton lizards?

Would there be blood stains after 25 years? I dont think so. I think the idea of playing through a game like that is interesting so long as it isn't open world or first person.

Quality taste there faglord

What would be wrong with "return to the islands a decade after JP3 and use your team to cut your way through and set up a beachhead for the reclamation of the property"? Ostensibly Jurassic World had to be, you know, built SOMEHOW, so what about a game about how IT got built? You're going in and taming raw nature itself; that has some playability to it.

Are you mentally defective? How the fuck do you come to THAT statement based on the image?

If they're gonna make a game like that, I'd like to see it based on the original books. The first two movies were okay, but were too family friendly and cut out a lot of what made the novels "frightening". Also fuck Jurassic World, it's garbage through and through - completely terrible.

Kill your self, fagboy.

I've been looking at games on steam and it's gotten to the point where I don't even give a fuck about the trailers or anything, I just read the tags and skip to the next one when I see

There's so fucking many of them, and it's like they're all being made in the same fucking engine too because they all look the fucking same and have the same fucking mechanics and gameplay.

it's spelled gaylord, you fuckin nerdbait

Read the op and calm down ya little sperg lol

Stop being a blithering idiot. I never thought that anyone could be stupid enough to ignore VISUAL context clues.

4chan Holla Forums is that way kid

Because Trespasser didn't print money you retarded faggot. Operation Genesis did, and that's why the first new Jurassic Park game since that awful fucking Telltale series is going to be an indirect sequel to Operation Genesis.

Anyone remember this game?

I am cautiously optimistic for this though I have nothing to go on but a pre rendered trailer. Still all they have to do is copy Genesis, polish the graphics and maybe add a bit more content and a few more mechanics and I'd consider buying it.

You know they'll add tons of microtransactions and general judeo fuckery to it, right?

Then I'll pirate it, like I did with Warhammer. Paying £100 for a complete game just isn't on.

ITT: People who never played Trespasser and don't know what OP is talking about.

How do you play something that never existed?

I have a cousin that worked at Lucas Arts, he gave me the CD-ROM. Get fucked.

my dad works at nintendo

You don't have to play Trespasser to know it's unintuitive and shitty. You take one look at the gameplay videos and watch the player miss every shot because the PC's arm has fucking Parkinson's disease. The footage speaks for itself, the game was cancelled for the most obvious of reasons
OP wants a survival horror STALKER game set in the Jurassic Park universe. It's not that hard of an OP to decipher. It's just that OP is a faggot for wanting that over an Operation Genesis sequel

I've been dying for a Jurassic Park Genesis clone. The fuck you on.

Wait, are you serious? What are you, a Polygon reporter?
The game was not cancelled, you fucking moron. It was actually released and to this day people make mods and extensions for it.

It has a learning curve, but everything works and it is still a very unique experience that hasn't been matched by modern games.

Why don't you go outside, user? If you like these climates you'll probably love urban exploring. It's really fun, sometimes dangerous and illegal if you are into exploring factories at night or something. Lots of people are into it too, so you can make friends easy. I'd do that if I were you. Much better than increasingly pathetic garbage that's video games. Trust me on this and see for yourself.

I'm sorry, I messed that up. I meant that it was a fucking mess that got pushed out to release before it was ready and it's evident all over the game with it's broken ai, shitty gameplay and half-baked physics engine.
The only good thing to come of that shitshow was that it's pioneering of physics inspired Valve to put physics in their games, eventually bringing in game engines to being a universal standard. And if you really think the experience hasn't been matched by any game that's released since 1998 then you're fucking delusional.
If you really care about Trespasser this much, go ring up the guy remaking the game and offer to help him make it.

I don't think velociraptors are still around.

Well, velociraptors might not be around but you have cops, security guards, workers, cameras, junkies, drug dealers, criminals disposing of a body and the list just goes on. It's fun, because it's more unpredictable. You also have guard dogs sometimes, or strays.

It was the first game to extensively use the level designs that tell stories. There are many locations in it in which the way things are destroyed, bloodied and corpses are placed that make you understand what happened in them and how the whole take over happened.

The wonky "arm" thing was indeed done too soon and something that will eventually work better as VR, but once you get over the curve, it does have a payoff which is quite good. As shit as it is, it still led to very satisfying events, like when you are running from a raptor, stumbles on a three and drop your gun on the floor, then you have to decide to keep running or drop on the floor to pick it up, you pick it up and in the last moment just shoots it without even really aiming right and you fucking kill the raptor.

And indeed, physics, there were a few physics based puzzles here and there which led to HL2 being what it was, which now is obviously matched by modern games.

They did 1-to-1 object manipulation and shooting literally more than a decade before games like Penumbra. Plus some of the dino encounters are legitimately scary (sneaking through that valley hoping the T-rex won't spot you).

I don't care how wonky the physics/arm mechanics were, it's immersive as fuck.