Monster Hunter Thread /mhg/

MHXX DOWNLOAD

If you scan the last pic with a home-brewed 3ds with the earlier versions of FBI, you can download and install XX directly from Nintendo's eShop servers. The game is also available on FreeShop.

Englishanese Translation: gbatemp.net/threads/release-monster-hunter-double-cross-english-ui-patch.465296/

Resources:

>Ping's MHXX Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmhxxdex/
>Athena's ASS for XX 0.21b: mediafire.com/file/aciahjorffckfwo/Athena's Armor Set Search for MHXX v0.21b.zip
>MHXX Skill Recommendations (WIP): pastebin.com/r7Bf9T8J
>Athena's ASS list for all MH games: mediafire.com/folder/4o1idj7mmtn85/Monster_Hunter
>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos
>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u
>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki
>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png
>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png
>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799
>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
>MH4G to MHX Weapon Changes: docs.google.com/document/d/1T6stg2wlCnHdwUUVZxN4Yc0E9wcAaCJHHNA-qOQSMJs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#
>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/
>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png
>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png
>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png
>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni
>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun
>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/
gbatemp.net/threads/patch-to-make-mh-tri-online-content-available-offline.345817/
monsterhunter3expansions.weebly.com/offlineonline-pack.html
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii-monster-hunter-tri--25953?page=5
thepiratebay.org/torrent/5513218/Monster_Hunter_Tri_[Wii][NTSC-USA]
youtu.be/Q1kzobwTqqw
youtu.be/Q1kzobwTqqw?t=57
gamefaqs.com/psp/943356-monster-hunter-freedom-unite/faqs/59556
youtu.be/rahym8wwKpo?t=1m35s
facebook.com/pg/monsterhunter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1584758351545477
youtube.com/watch?v=z0FTMIxp2vc
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Village_Key_Quests
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Hunters_Hub_Key_Quests
gematsu.com/2017/08/monster-hunter-world-high-rank-story-quests-temporary-monster-companions
archive.is/3ZR4l
rio-olympics123.blogspot.com/…………………….
youtube.com/watch?v=dk5cUQd2NfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/538/1538583/

Highlights:

Some key quotes:
Tsujimoto: "'Monster Hunter' itself has continued for a long time, and so we thought somewhere along the line there was a need to take a fresh look at it, and choose this timing to produce it."

Tsujimoto: "Up until now we've done numbering, as this is a timing to take a fresh look at 'Monster Hunter', we brought that concept into the title."
Fujioka: "It feels like numbering, but World is just a subtitle."

Fujioka: "There was this global wall we were never able to surpass. So we wanted to think about that and include that here."
Tsujimoto: "When we say that, it might make you think we're ONLY thinking about global with this work, that's not the case at all; we think this concept will absolutely satisfy the people who've played the series up until now domestically, and on top of that will be global and expand more and more. It's a global that includes Japan."
Fujioka: "Since the foreign fans have increased, we'd like to more straightforwardly have them playing. To go even further, we'd like them to interact more with Japanese users. Just, we want to make it while properly facing up to the elements that prevent it from expanding."

Question: "Where did you feel this global wall?"
Fujioka: "Even though there are facets that are great as Monster Hunter's unique traits, it was frustrating that they didn't seem to transfer well.
If there's a stopping point when you take an action, we include that as part of the strategy, but there are people who don't play simply because of that."

(regarding the damage value displays)
Fujioka: "We, who are developing the games, accepted them without any sense of disconnect or discomfort, so we think it'll work out alright."

Can i play vanilla Tri without remorse? I know the servers are dead, hence i can't enjoy hunting with people, but i don't have a Pee U or a 2DS.

I don't see why not.

Can't speak for others, but as a PS4 owner I'm skipping the game entirely.

You're a fool if you think this is a good direction for the franchise.
It will either sell moderately well but nowhere near the old formula and go back next release, or it will sell like wildfire from retards who buy it thinking it's "da next dark solz!!!" and ruin it even further than they did when they swarmed 4/U and Gen.

I mean, what is the exclusive online content I'm missing out?

you can always emulate mhfu or 3rd with texture mod for online.

Also a question: i never really used lance or gunlance and i now want to try. I was watching at the weakspots on the dex and realized that i don't know what type of damage they do. I assumed it was pierce since you poke monster, but is it really?
How do lance and gunlance damage works? (in mh4u)

First one - check!

OC from the last thread. I hope you like it!

Have you seen some of the videos coming out of Gamescom? The gameplay is tried and true Monster Hunter with small tweaks here and there. If missing out on a flex animation is enough to make you drop a game, I dunno what to say.

MHW is gonna be amazing if only because they're largely restoring charge blade to its 4U days with some improved moves on top of it.

Fair enough, good question. I would've assumed it was just playing with other humanoids, but I've never played Tri myself, and wouldn't have done the online since I don't believe in supporting pay services.

What are you talking about, the grappling hooks, the monster AI being passive as shit, the mantles, all of it points to westernization and casualization. Not to mention the PC port will almost assuredly have denuvo

Wait, but i remember Wii's online being free like the playstation Triple, or not?

Well done, saved.

Wii as a whole was free online I think, but Tri itself had an online service fee.

Gee, user. I can't think of a single reason I dislike MHW. I'll be buying 6 copies along with tsundereboi.

I'm digging and i found something.

gbatemp.net/threads/patch-to-make-mh-tri-online-content-available-offline.345817/

monsterhunter3expansions.weebly.com/offlineonline-pack.html

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wii-monster-hunter-tri--25953?page=5

Sounds interesting, but I assume it'd only work with English versions of the game.

He says it works with any ISO except this one thepiratebay.org/torrent/5513218/Monster_Hunter_Tri_[Wii][NTSC-USA]

Other way around, he says he can't guarantee it working with any ISO except the US one.

Fuck i read it as "can".

It's cool, shit happens.

Tri online was free in the west.

NO!

Huh. Would've expected the opposite if anything, considering how only the Westerners really care about online. The world works in weird ways.

I got time for a few quests, join me in MH4U at 53.2362.7424.1630 pass is 8888.
We can hunt whatever you need.

And the thing is that "small tweaks" can fucking ruin the gameplay for tons of people very easily. All MHXX did to the Lance was add a slightly slower third poke, and it RUINED the weapon for everybody. The only reason anybody even uses the Lance is because it's literally bugged to have the highest damage in the entire game – and the way you get that damage is by abusing the most awkward and no-fun part of the lance moveset.

That's what bugs me when people say that "small tweaks" are fine, they ignore how fucking difficult it is to actually create decent combat framework, and how difficult it is to make a game feel fluid.
Monster Hunter is about the Monster, and how you hunt it. Every moment that monster is being fought is part of the experience, and even tweaking it slightly such as adding a half second to an animation can destroy the flow of combat, because it exists in a precarious position. Flow is so incredibly important to MH that I'm suspecting the people who praise MHW are shills, since they never address problems with flow.

And hey, combat doesn't even need to be that deep. Devil May Cry showed that combat can make a player feel like a badass even while doing basic shit, so long as those basics have flair, good flow and a sense of impact. MHWorld seems to lack all but the last from what we've seen, and it's infuriating to see so many normalfags lap up this shit just because they want to seem cool by "knowing which games are in".

Lace does both impact and cutting, choosing which one is better depending one where you hit.
at least they worked like this until p3rd, dunno about 4th gen.

Makoto, for someone that criticizes the west so much, you know scarcely little about it huh?

Are you retarded? It was intended.

OH SHIT, NEW MHW KHEZU DESIGN REVEALED

You again? Leave and never come back.

Remake the thread and the sins will follow.

8a4f02
459a9f
No.

Japan actually love HM:W

Can you at least have sex with monsters this time around?

But i distinctively remember Barroth violating my boyhole in vanilla Tri?

literally fucking why

Why not just merge the bowguns into a single weapon type at this point? The main differences between them now are things that vary between the individual weapons anyway. Each type gets multiple different kinds of internal ammo, so it's not like Gatling Fire is the special thing all HBGs do like Siege mode was. It would be like if they broke Switch Axe up into two different weapon types but the only difference was one could be Power, Dragon, or Exhaust phial and the other could be Element, Para, or Poison phial; or if they broke Bow up into multiple different weapon types based on what coatings each one could use.

They clearly don't give a fuck about guns this time around at all, considering they don't even have gunner armor anymore. Think about it, guns/bow were always the most casual repellent weapons in the game. They have ammo types, critical distances, coatings, poor mobility, low armor, casuals NEVER played with guns. They bottomed out every usage poll ever.

I'm surprised MHW tried keeping them around at all.

>Everyone agrees it's one of the best, if not the best
>The whiny minority pretends they were always hyped for it and that no one really thought World was really going to be bad

Why do we let minorities take control of and destroy everything?

Oh shit, it's entitledfag! How's it going entitledfag? Still sucking dick and complaining that people are shitting on what you consider improvements but are actually a massive casualization that people would be shitting on in any other franchise as well?

And to think there wasn't enough evidence to show the people making a huge fucking deal over this were outsiders trying really fucking hard to fit in.
Fuck off back to Reddit. Maybe they'll circlejerk over muh flexes there.

It was either you or one of your spiritual buttbuddies that claimed we were all just "entitled babies" for "nitpicking" about World, and then flying off into tangents about aspects that people had not recently criticized. I'm deeply sorry that a finger on the monkey's paw curled inwards and we're now stuck in this nightmarish situation, but nothing they've put forward has instilled in me confidence, ESPECIALLY the unrestricted gameplay people have had access to.

Remove your retarded ass from the premises.

Maybe a minority over all but definitely not the minority in these threads.
You should never post again tbh though.

Wrong, but not because the game won't be good, quite the contrary, it's because these gluteus castigated chaps will never agree that World is good in any way, not now nor tomorrow. As already said, the game as flaws, the worst one being the so called "fable sparkles" or whatever guiding your dumb ass trough the huge map, but it's far from being bad once you remove the Ass Pain Goggles™, you also have to understand that monster hunter fans are extremely autistic, i know from experience, so be comprehensive. In truth, they are good lads and i still love them.
Fuck the French Community™ too.

W-WHAT'S THAT?
In this thread tainted by poor bait, and people arguing over a game that's not even out yet, a beacon of hope, of people actually playing vidya!
Monster Motherfucking Hunter 4 Ultimate room at 01-7653-8619-1399
Password is 8888

I don't know if that's old news, but charms are coming back and they take the mantles/optional items slots.
That probably means that we will be able to equip two charms i think.

This people has no sense of taste.

What the fuck is that

you mean that item that look like a armed net? when he used that it was actually the health booster, wasn't it?

Some of the gamescom videos showed it. It's basically a bug net, but for the slinger. It looks retarded, you sling out this massive net just to catch a single bug.

I can't wait for them to reveal the dynamite attachment for the slinger which is the only way in the game to obtain fish (aside from purchasing item pack dlcs).

I'm not seeing anything in the video that confirms what you're saying.

Nice try, faggot

You're the worst kind of faggot

Holy shit you did it you madman, you pulled the "It's just a demo" excuse

right at the start of the video the character has a charm equipped at 0:54, you need to be blind to not see the charms.

It's the one outright labeled 「捕獲用ネット」, or "Net for capturing" you can see it highlighted youtu.be/Q1kzobwTqqw but I have yet to see it actually used.

youtu.be/Q1kzobwTqqw?t=57 Vid says right on the screen "It seems that the Skill-related 'Protective Stones' are still present."

I think MHW will be shit but he is right. How many months til release? 6? 7? Not that I give a fuck if they fix it but it's clearly a bug they know about.

Is it? Because that is a MAJOR bug, and they were perfectly fine with showcasing the gameplay and showing off the exact mechanic the bug fucks with all while that bug was present.

Man, twin blades R button mode uses up Stamina really slowly, and players take almost no damage from bombs in this.

Considering the target audience, I'm not convinced that was a bug.

Pretty soon they'll reveal Hunter Rank Prestige, hit 999 and reset your rank for bonuses.

wait, could this mean that mantles are found/forged like charms and that the shit they give you is randomized?

Regardless, I wouldn't use mantle shit. I'd rather have my skills from the outset and stay steady during the hunt instead of bursts.

I see the charms but they appear to take up a completely separate equipment slot to the mantles and assorted misc. equipment.
There's no indication that multiple charms would be a thing.

I really doubt it due to some mantles like the gliding mantle having different mechanics built-in.

Well, the only way I can see mantles not being broken as shit is
IF

Unless charms give thousands upon trillions of points mantles still massively overpower them.
And the data points to them being either there from the start or an incredibly early unlock given how the windgust thing can only be used by mantles

What is this you speak of?

Regardless, mantles are shit.

Given how much they're showing them off, I doubt this is the case lad. Especially given that they're showing people using them against low rank monsters.
This is "catering to western audiences" buddy, and one of the biggest complaints from casuals is how hard it is to get rare drops. I fully expect them to change drop mechanics to make things easier.

They're specific movement options for the glider suit, they move you really high in the air, kind of like the jes suis stick except they're supposed to be for motion rather than pure attacking. (they will be used for pure attacking)

The only solace I can take is that I have no normalfag friends IRL.

So luck is skill? The only link between skill and your chance of getting a gem on a hunt is whether or not you're able to cut the tail, and that's only a slight increase per hunt. Skill only enables people to finish the hunts faster, meaning they've got a better chance of getting all they need in a shorter timeframe; it still might take them far longer based entirely on luck. I've managed to get 3 dragongems from a Ceadeus in a single repel, not even a proper kill. Three fucking gems, in a single quest. If luck indicates skill, I must be the best underwater hunter who's ever played the games, even though I couldn't even kill the monster.

If there is a massive, gamebreaking bug like this that has gone unnoticed and unfixed until now, it calls into question what else has gone unnoticed. This is something that is shockingly obvious even to the most casual of observers, so obvious you'd need to be a game journo to not notice it, and yet the devs either hadn't noticed, or had noticed but hadn't fixed it and just hoped no one would noticed. This goes for anything, not just video games: if a product has one large, visible defect that either is being ignored, or hasn't been picked up by quality control, then you can not have any certainty that there won't be countless far smaller, more obscure defects - it calls into question the quality of the product on a lower level than just what is clearly seen.

And now you got the salt men an excuse to spew their salt, nice.

Depends on the item and the monster, some don't drop from carves, only from part breaks or captures.

Are there any gems that are exclusive to breaks and/or captures? For a handful of the generic kinds head breaks can give them but I haven't seen any that are exclusive to either breaks or captures.

I was including tail carves with breaks since they require targeting a specific part (and with slashing weapons specifically for that matter) for the record, not sure if there are any that don't drop off of tails, in which case the rare drops for Rioleus and Rioleia (the red and green dragon couple that are basically the mascots of the franchise) are often, if not in every single game, only obtainable by capturing them alive, breaking the head, or severing the tail.

I don't mean to alarm you, but you might be retarded (which isn't a surprise as most japanese monster hunter players are fucking retarded)

You're the retarded one. The only game where they aren't cap/break exclusive is 3U.

gamefaqs.com/psp/943356-monster-hunter-freedom-unite/faqs/59556
xDDDD
You can see the rest on kiranico.

I don't see how does that prove me wrong?

Congrats, you win 2 (two) yous. Enjoy them while you can fuckhead because my dad works for mark and he's going to get you banned forever.

In 4U and XX rath* rubies are available from caps, a few breaks, tail cuts, quest rewards, and shiny drops. So, everything except body carves. I'm not sure that counts as "exclusive".

Ugly girls everywhere I'm still convinced this is either made by westerners or even the Monster Hunter team lost all their modelers.

I'll admit I'm retarded and completely forgot about quest rewards and drops. Drops at least do still require skill to get with the Rios, but quest rewards are the same as carves really.

Has anyone here tried moving their save onto the Switch version of MHXX?

Charms have their own slot. You get two slots for "extra equipment", which includes things that aren't mantles.

New room 68-9902-1432-3621

I moved my MHgen save to XX, but now why would i want to move my XX save to a switch? Theres no way that im going to buy one of those. At least not now

Picked up some points cards of playasia and downloading MHXX on my switch like a platinum club member goy.

Can i do online with 3ds owners? does anyone else have it on the switch for that matter?

New Room
gonna keep this one open for a long time
pass 8888
00-4897-8093-5076

Target?
GQ's?

apex bosses (not annoying ones tho) or anything you need

although i never even beat xx

i'm here to be cozy and play fun missions tbh

>you will never hold Barroth-san mud-covered hands and whisper lovely things to what seems to be her ear

I got it on (((Switch))). Used some (((coupons))) to get it cheaper.

please tell me it hasnt bugged at 99% again

Just play it in Japanese like everyone else, localizations are shit anyway

I prefer playing as many games as possible in english (I even prefer dubs in video games so long as they aren't absolute trash), but even I wouldn't want to play a double cross localization after what we've been getting for the last few games.
Like seriously, people point out the 'git gud' line in Gen but they don't even begin to mention all the less important npcs, like the weapons sales guy that's just some boring dude in gook speak but in the (((english))) version he's a passive agressive faggot that *actions* in every single line of dialogue. Absolutely insufferable bullshit.

remove 3ds plebs.

Get your shit together, man. This is embarassing.

Is this you?
Get your shit together, zipperhead. This is embarrasing.

Didn't even know there was a Korean version I imagine it's just as shit as any other localization though

I'm getting conflicting messages here.

MHXX is casual tier, peoples that like this garbage probably the same peoples that like World

How's your hiragana practice going? I bet you can really impress all the fat sweaty manchildren down at the arcade ken-sama.

Why are you even in this thread if you don't like modern monster hunter? What's the point?

You dont even know your racist slur, user. It's time to stop pretending to be edgy just to fit in

Lurk at least 2 more years, famigo.

Get out my roomu dishonarabu shitto-posteru.

Butt hurt, salty projections, grasping at straws and autism, the standard.

It's Jap for Japanese, Chink for Chinese, Gook for Korean. You're basically saying the equivalent of calling a German a Frog - it just makes you sound like you have no idea what you're talking about.

So can someone remind me what the "off" in the top left is? its been a while and the switch versions in moonrunes so the hunter notes are a mystery.

That's your current coating. You have no coating on your arrows, so it says OFF.

ah yeah duh, i've not been wasting that shit on the 1* farming stuff so of course i havent seen the phial bar appear yet.

So a day with MHXX on Switch: This is the best monhun has been since Tri on Wii/Wii U.

Seriously if you are a monhun freak and own a switch no excuse. Kiranico for items, google translate on a phone for the rare thing not shared from generations and for everything else it took me like 2 hours after a 6 month break to remember by muscle memory where what was where.
Fast load times, better graphics, actual lighting, looks gorgeous on handheld mode and great on tv and i hope enough anons get it for another comfy autumn of hunting.

>setting the bar this low
At least you're having fun.

i mean performance wise. i loaded up generations and double cross and i was in a hunt in double cross before the 3ds loading the cart was past the capcom logo after the black screen. Along with nodes respawning after like ten seconds this is hunting at sanic speed.

Fucking prowler mode should be pulled over and given a ticket its so fucking fast.

Too bad the game itself is one of the worst monster hunter games and is a slog to play

GIRUGAMESH

So yes, as you yourself proved with your Wikipedia referencing, it's used to refer to Koreans, since the other outdated use refers to Spanish speakers, which you will not hear anyone use anymore at all. Glad that we're all on the same page here.

Wow, can't wait for World to be the best MH game since the PS2

Here's a closer look at the new skill system. Each individual skill point increases the active skill level by one. Skills a have a greater variety of max levels (Attack up's 7 levels vs Fire Res' 3 levels). The UI clearly points out which level the skill is active at and where the skill points are coming from. It also clearly states the effects of the skill in actual game mechanics terms.

The screenshots show the following max levels:

Attack Lv7: Attack +21, Crit Chance +5
Fire Resistance Lv3: Fire Res +12
Defense Lv7: Defense +35, All Element Res +3
Fire Element Attack Boost Lv5: Fire Element Attack x1.1, Fire Element Attack +100

Finally some sexy armour too bad all the lady faces remain to be hideous.

Damn son, better be able to edit that shit.

You would think they would have learned after all the shit SFV and MVCI got for their terrible faces.

Thats going to take some getting used to.

I wouldnt worry too much about the face since people wear helmets through most of the game. If you truly want to suffer and embrace the uggo, there is now an option to disable helmet models now. I dont think anyone here is enough of a sadist to do that though.

MHXX added glamours to armour so I'm sure world is going to have the same. Either way there is a lot of female armour that leaves the face open in every other game.

What are glamours? Are they in part of the game that are in moonrunes? I used the translation patch and only hunted monsters to a certain point.

So, since Attack and defense level don't have any levels active, they don't have any effects?

Glamours let you make one piece of armour look like a different piece of armour. So you can wear a clown suit but glamour all your armour to look like a complete Narga set or something.

Attack is at Lv2. Defense is at Lv1. You can see the list of active skills on the left panel. They are off screen on the detailed list.

youtu.be/rahym8wwKpo?t=1m35s

I remember having and enjoying a similar mechanic to that in XenobladeX, but that shit has no place in MH.
Ill let the option to show/hide helmets in MHW slide though

Why does this upset you?

This was one was the best of the small changes in X, why would they revert that? I hope there's some way to show true raw instead, it was nice to be able to quickly compare weapons of different types without needing to do a bit of mental math.

It's called "transmog" or "transmogrification" in XX, according to the english patch at least.

Working hard to make a mixed set that strikes a balance between good skills and good looks is fun. Fashion Hunter is the best metagame.

MH WORLD WEAPON DESIGN CANDIDATES ARE IN

Link to normalfagbook because all the pics are in one gallery

facebook.com/pg/monsterhunter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1584758351545477

Guess what
Our design didn't make it
Pic related
;_;

RIP in pie I liked the design.

Those designs were drawn by fags and looks like shit tbh, but it wasnt like i could have come up with something any better.

I like the two native American hamburgers integrated in to the bow.

The only designs i likes were the Rajang GS, The Aquatic Lance and the Bonsai Tree Bow.

Too bad I dont use those kinds of weapons.

It's also used in modern language to refer to the vietnamese, but do I really have to spell it out for you this literally? I mean I just straight out meme arrowed >wanting to be a weeaboo.
Who do you think I was quoting, retard? Myself, because I was trying to make it look like I don't actually like japan. I mean really, are you autistic or something that you couldn't pick up on the cue and are still trying to give me an honest response like some innocent child after all that?

nice

I keep getting conflicting messages.

Well i own it and play it and its fun and balanced out all the dumb farming and repeat monster shit of MHG/X, how do you know the other guy isnt booty blasted he cant find a switch or eshop cards?

These were the least of the problems ailing daburu kurosu.

I wish I can use the same copout when peoples shit on World

It's the super mario sunshine of monster hunter, which is why there's so many conflicting opinions. Trust me I'm a games journalist, I know what the x's of y are.

The game is only enjoyable in low rank. Everything beyond is infected with hyper cancer no-fun 18,000HP Lagiacrus multi-hunts.

Just play online and you'll be fine. The arts/styles are an unnecessary addition to the game though. Nowadays the online is dead on the 3ds version.

The style/art system is fucking awful and HP bloat past HR is obscene. Horn's and GL are so bad they might as well not be in the game, and hammer is outshined in every aspect by fucking Sword and Shield.

youtube.com/watch?v=z0FTMIxp2vc
Is HH really that bad?

yes it really is that bad. The double note system does absolutely nothing because your swing into playing songs is one of your most damaging moves so you should be playing them as a damage boost anyways. Your stun is basically nonexistant and you do no damage. The slowest clear by a factor of minutes in most time attacks, and in casual play you won't get the monster to behave for long enough where you'll even come close in dps to other options

So were HH and GL nerfed from gen? Or are they just as bad as they were compared to other weapons? Because if it's the latter then it's fine since i'm completely used to it. As long as i can complete the hunt on time and have fun with it doesn't bother me that much.

That's how World come into existence, because someone want to have "fun"

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Village_Key_Quests
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHGen:_Hunters_Hub_Key_Quests
Yeah maybe you remembered wrong, friendo.

Nerfed from gen, where they were already nerfed from 4U.

A lot of this info is straight up wrong but frankly it might as well be true. The hp bloat doesn't make me angry anymore though. 'Angry' was a long time ago, a very long time ago.

4U
Noobs are worse than all these new Gen fags without sharpness+1 and underpowered weapons invading your 140 rooms.

(checked)
I gunned my way through Gen and it was the only way for me to solo some of those fucking HYPER X3 7000 HP monster quests.
Blademaster weapons in Gen felt underpowered to me.
No ones joining. Fuck you. Solo it. Was the message i got from Gen's stupid quest system.

What are the numbers? I thought overall damage was increased?

I think XX has a pretty likely chance of being brought over. Most likely by nintendo, after all they did stories when capcom refused to. There was also that japan expo in france where it was shown off (nintendo has never shown something there that didn't end up being localized). Then there's the fact that valphalk and m.d. diablos had their localized names revealed for that puzzles and dragons crossover. And there is also the fact that capcom has refused to outright deny a localization. Now normally my last point wouldn't mean anything, but considering worlds is coming out soon and being marketed as this fresh new thing to the normalfags, it would just be better to say that they aren't doing XX.

They might but honestly you really just need kiranico for item names and the one symbol for each element really. Everything else bar like 2 menu changes are the same as Generations. Just with more monsters and if the choice is NoA memequeens or kira then thats not an easy choice to make in terms of supporting local releases or local douchebags.

I didn't understand the term 'triggering' till now.

Gotta get them earth crystals.

>are you autistic or something that you couldn't pick up on the cue
Probably, I did miss the cue if nothing else. In my defense though, at this point it's just impossible to tell ironic shitposters apart from the actual retards

A GUY WAS JUST STANDING
ON A SKULL BONE FARM NODE
DOING NOTHING
STANDING THERE

IM TALKING BASIC FREEDOMS HERE DUDE

I AM SEEING THIS NOW. WHAT THE FUCK.

regardless, it was too much shit in the way of doing anything I wanted to do.

Gamescom vid dropped. Might be able t pluck some idea of menus from this.

it's trash.

What did you want to do then? How were you halted from doing it?

Well you wanna increase your rank to get to better locals to get better equipment to hunt better monsters, right?

So you go and say "I wanna do key quests to get my urgent." but you can't just do the key quests because they are nested under 2-3-6 quests that AREN'T key quests, but you gotta do them anyway because then it unlocks the other (same rank) quests.

lowered difficulty for journalists and so lines don't become three hours long.

What on earth are you saying? The vast majority of the key quests are available immediately after the urgent has been beaten.

I was about to bring this up as well.

The monster falling asleep right in front of them is bullshit though.

Is this the Breath of the Wild of Monster Hunter games?

No, it's the Breath of the Soulsborne of Dragon's Dogma games.

Just pre-ordered six copies for me and my buddies.
Just joking.

I don't have any buddies.

End yourself.

Careful with that defense, it's older than you are.

Gaming is suffering

If it's any consolation, I never liked Monster Hunter at all. It's got a cool aesthetic and I respect the freedom the game gives you to do things in different ways, but the whole progression just seems like grinding to get better gear to grind more effectively to get better gear etc. Correct me if I'm wrong and there's something else to it, please. Because it seems a lot like Destiny in that respect and I can't figure out why Holla Forums likes one and hates the other.

Why does anyone play games? Because we think the gameplay is fun you dingus.

They might be lying but Capcom said that this demo was made a lot easier to prevent lines from getting too long at gamescom.

Yeah all the console bullshit is really pissing me off. If you try to point out the bullshit in World people just say you are just mad that it isn't on Nintendo anymore.

The game is slated for "early 2018"

I need to see videos of the monsters curbstomping and chaining people to death relentlessly so that I have a fucking reason to use any of this bullshit hey are bloating this game with.

I'm just seeing shitloads of shit done completely safe and people galumphing around without any threats, least of all being the actual main monsters.

Demo or not, you would get your shit kicked in if you were a retard in ANY of the other mon hun titles. Here, retardism is encouraged due to the "we want the mainstream audience who doesn't play games".

Giant Bomb's preview video showed them fighting the Rathalos and dying. The guy sucked though he only put like ~20 hours into 4U and that was all of his experience. The monster was definitely a lot more aggressive.

If they are too retarded to beat a low rank rathalos then i dont think they would make it in high rank at all let alone G-rank If MHW even has G-rank

Is there even any confirmation of high rank being in worlds? Rathalos being some apex predator almost seems to contradict it for me, since that only makes sense in the context of low rank.

There was confirmation elsewhere of this being like basically every monster hunter ever in that there is no G rank, just low and high rank, but this game lacks a village so there is no retard containment.

Anyone got archives of that stuff?

I think they already confirmed no g-rank in World. I think they also said high rank will have a bigger focus in world and story will keep going through high rank. They said this was new but I'm pretty sure 4U did the same thing even having g-rank village quests.

There will be high rank but the guys in the interview dodged the G-rank question, no more village quests though, the quests will just scale in difficulty for the amount of players instead, instead of having a separate hunter lounge made for online only with monsters with larger health pools.

gematsu.com/2017/08/monster-hunter-world-high-rank-story-quests-temporary-monster-companions

so basically dark souls babbies will immediately hop into online before at least getting a basic knowledge of game mechanics from village quests this time around?

So I guess no more soloing tougher online monsters.

yup, and with the wonderful drop in/drop out gameplay, expect pubs to be filled with supreme shitters who show up shortly before the monster id defeated and cart 3 times in 5 minutes, ruining your mission!

archive.is/3ZR4l

The drop-in/out system actually sounds like a net-positive to me. There were so many fucking times that I would start a quest after waiting forever for randos to join, then give up and start then immediately someone enters. While someone ruining a nearly done hunt is a possibility hopefully you will be able to kick players mid-quest.

Yet*

No, user, stop! You can't say good things about World among all these Indignant Veterans®! Run away, save yourself!

Oh you gave me a new idea:
You might try and argue that no one would do that because it would take longer than just hanging with one quest until it finishes. I would argue that you need to think about g-rank players that still don't understand how the mounting mechanic works.

Follow up: New 'tail run' meta.

it'll be a boone for anyone who is competent, but we got so fucking many soulsfags that most online connections will probably link you up with them.

and then there is this shit.

For this title, I don't see any reason at all to do anything online with randoms due to the lack of a casualfag filter.

That's always been a thing though I always play with a friend though we take turns carving while the other knocks away everyone else.

Reported :^)

I think that the difference is they're implying this is one continuous storyline. 4U had two separate storylines for LR and HR village, LR being finding and dealing with the origins of both the Frenzy and the Article, then HR being rebuilding Dundorma after an elder dragon attack and fending off a handful of threats to that effort. World's is apparently going to be one continuous thread, so the LR storyline is hopefully going to directly flow into the HR story, instead of HR feeling like a sequel to the LR story.

This is hell.

Checked.
I think you might be burnt out.

Yeah I've been feeling like this all week I've just been wasting time in FF14 and not even watching anime falling way behind on shit.

Sounds like you're burnt out, put it down and go play something else then come back after if you keep pushing it you might end up hating it.

I just started. I think I'm burnt out on life not video games man. MHXX seems all right so far, the beginning is a slog while you get weapons, armor and items set up. Blog posting but I just haven't felt like doing anything at all it isn't video games at fault.

Oh great so all the new players will be forced to start online hunts in beginner gear with no clue how to play, what can possibly go wrong?

Since when did MonHun have a plot outside of "You're a hunter, go hunt"?

The beginnings also been slow and boring doesn't help the first set of rank 1 quests are just gathering and kill the weakest monsters in the game, it kicks up later on though just takes awhile.

I know.

user, players can only drop in on a hunt when a hunter uses a flare, they cant just hop in whenever they feel like. Your entire post is bullshit.

/mhg/ - Mdepressed Hblogposting General
iktf. Try doing something that makes you feel good, or go cook yourself a decent meal or something like that.

This reminds me
>now MHW is already being called Za Warudo this one's retarded though
The MH fanbase has too much autism and it's leaking out to turn the series into literal meme games.

It's always been like this.

♂DEEP♂DARK♂NYANTASIES♂

Hey buddy i think you got the wrong door, the leather club's two blocks down.

>implying normalfags will not immediately fill the sky with flares like it's new years eve
Your entire existence is bullshit.

Those faggots can do whatever they want, they'll probably hate the grind and drop the game after a week. The only people who play MH are autists and thats it, most of the people seen shilling this game arent even going to touch it after it releases and would probably rather keep playing more botw or battlefield.

The existence of your retarded ass is a sad fact I will not dispute. Just like your lack of reading comprehension.

Ok then. Your argument devolved into nothing but throwing insults, that must mean you have nothing important to say anymore. In that case have a nice day user.

Basically every game boils down to

>village thanks you and you are now ready to go online
it serves it's purpose

The problem is that they're also lowering the difficulty of the final game itself for Western consumers.

If he's talking about village quests in X, the keys for 5 star where you fight the Shitennou other than Dinovalde require you to go through the line of quests each village elder gives you.

Definitely - it's shocking how much defense World has gotten simply because of the cucked as hell PC kids finally getting a title that is at least on paper a mainline title instead of an MMO.

Never heard of Destiny so can't compare to that, but I've never found MonHun to be a grind - it's basically a nonstop string of boss fights, and it is always a thrill and a joy.

And then they'll say that because the reception by the Westerners there was so positive to it being easy that they'll go ahead and make the game itself even easier.

First releases in a generation (and they're claiming this is taking the place of Monster Hunter 5) never have G Rank.

That's bullshit, hopefully there's a way to get the increased health on the monsters without having to call in other players/NPCs.

Well, from what we've seen, the monsters just randomly stop as if time if frozen anyway, so…

I hope your mother gets wined and dined by a pack of frenchmen. Maybe some nice Navarin d'agneau.

>You wake up and decide that you really fucking hate dinosaurs
Some time later:

What the fuck is that. That's not even a real job, what the fuck does this foreigner have to do with MonHun. He can't even fucking pronounce Fujioka's name right, and neither he nor his friend the talking beard ever shut up.

What a worthless asshole.

X's plot was even less than that.

A "community manager" is basically a mixture of a shill and a hotpocket. He's in charge of both shilling the game, and attempting to manage and police their social media presence to ensure everyone is appropriately #hyped and no one's saying mean things about the game. He has even less power than a hotpocket, but a much larger paycheck. He's employed by Capcom's UK branch, and the bearded guy is some eceleb they have shilling the game on youtube.

What? You weren't a researcher, they outright said you were a Hunter with the Guild, just that the Guild often cooperated with the Draconic Historical Institute, and as such you often had to clear shit out so they could do field work, or save them when shit went down.

So a completely worthless waste of money and probably one of the reasons why World is the way it is. Fucking hell, the West was a mistake.

Gotta love treehouse localization

Breath of the wild is good though

It isn't always completely awful.

"Localization" is, by definition, always completely awful.

I completely understand what you are saying, but direct translation isn't that great either. Fucking "Hororohoruru" as a name doesn't work in english. There is a fine line.

I'd say even there you could just get creative with Romanization and come up with Holor Horul or something, though even the official Romanization of Holoro Holuru doesn't look that bad IMO. Making shit up because you can't be assed to do the easiest part of your job (one that's technically been done for you to begin with, really, in the case of the Shitennou, Holoro, and Dos Maccao) is indefensible, and anyone involved in that sham of an industry should be out on the streets.

Again, i understand your point, but it doesn't usually work very well. "Aruserutasu" does not work as an english name whatsoever. The Japanese language is so vastly different from european languages that a complete direct translation would just be unfeasable. As i mentioned, there is a fine line.

Arseltas would work just fine. I think you're confusing a translation with a transliteration, the latter of which will certainly look strange. Translation by default has always included playing with things like Romanization, and working around things like puns. Localization is just a neologism that co-opts those aspects of translation to try and justify wholesale rewrites, either for the sake of some ulterior agenda or just out of sheer laziness. There is no defense for it whatsoever.

I'm guessing this is the Jap version, then. In the English version, you're a "deputy researcher" working for the "Wycademy" (which I'm assuming is the "Draconic Historical Institute"). In the intro they do mention that you were sent by the guild to work for the Wycademy, but the chief researcher constantly calls you his deputy, you're referred to as a researcher, and stated to now be working for the Wycademy. This had always been one of the stupidest parts of the game's plot to me, because you never actually do any kind of research, despite supposedly being a researcher working for the Wycademy, so it's interesting to see it's yet another case of localization fucking with the source material.

Dinovaldo, Raizex, Tamamitsune, and Gamuto all work fine for English, though.

Dinovault, Rawsex, Gamoot and 「玉」狐

Dinovaldo is a little on the nose, but otherwise, yes. A large amount of directly translated monster names sound very Japanese and have too many syllables. It would turn into a reverse "eat your hamburgers Apollo" real fast.

I just want to go back to the days of Unite and extreme index finger cramp, give me hours of hunting Lao Shang with a few buddies at school breaks. I dont want all this bloated shit that X has, whos idea was it to have super moves anyway.

X and 4 both suffered greatly from having way too many villages. I never once felt the same way I did in the other Monster Hunter games:

But both of the 4th gen games were just like

I was never feeling it.

Have you seen XX's HP bloat? Some monsters have about 1/3 to 1/2 as much HP as Lao but don't get the Demolisher, Dragonators, or any of the other weaponry like that, and they're not big, slow, sponges that let you attack them almost every second of the hunt with minimal resistance. Lao himself also has far more HP in XX than he had in the older games; 26,666 in FU, and 47,500 in XX.

You're disconsidering the fact that arts and the new crit spam meta severely increase DPS, not to mention that the average endgame weapon raw is up to 50~ points higher than previous entries.
The only monsters with actual hp bloat are deviants due to the shitty hitboxes(incredibly apparent in snowbaron and redhelm)

*hitzones

Didn't they have like contribution score at the end of the hunt to counter that?

You get awards for different kinds of contributions like most KOs or whatever. I don't think there is anything that shows what people did fuck all. Though if everyone but one guy got an award I guess you can use that?

It gives you a spot on the scoreboard for useless shit like hitting the monster with the most stones with your slinger, so shitters will be able to get on the board even if throughout the entire hunt they had done less damage than one single slash from a SnS does.

Anyone wanna help me acquire LR Kut-ku armor?
I'm the guy whining about feeling tired. I feel much better after a six hour nap.

Anybody know if you can move a MHG save off of an unhacked 3DS. My friend wants to transfer his save to MHXX but played Gen and doesn't have a hacked 3DS.

If it's XX, sure - I won't be home from work for a few more hours, but I should be available for a while from then.

I feel you, user. Your feelings I feel deeply.

yes. Thlugh too drunk to proceed further

Never played any of the MonHun games in English, so yeah, original Japanese. Judging from the quality of what I've seen of the English versions posted here, I would presume they made shit up to sate their egos and justify charging Capcom more money for "localizing" instead of "doing their jobs"

Again, you're mixing up "translation" with "transliteration." Generally, you don't translate names - if a person's name is, say, 'Masato' you would still call them 'Masato' in a foreign language adaptation, instead of 'Just Person.' For a more relevant example, if you were to literally transliterate ライゼックス you would get "Raizekkusu" as opposed to Capcom's official Romanization of "Raizex." You cannot translate ライゼックス because it has no meaning - it's a nonsense word, like almost every monster name is.

Fair enough. Well, I'm home now, and gonna settle in and get dinner going, but if you sober up later just say so and I'll join if I can.

Sure.

But a name like "tetsucabra" cannot be shortened like "raizekkusu" can. Now in this particular case, tetsu is heavilly based on japanese stuff (like oni and sumo wrestling and other things that I don't know about because i'm not a turboweeb) so the name makes sense to stay the same, but in other potential cases where the the romanization sounds VERY clearly japanese but the monster itself isn't japanese inspired, the name would have to be changed to something more fitting. This is where i defend the name Malfestio, because hororohoruru just doesn't work for an english speaking audience.

rio-olympics123.blogspot.com/…………………….

Again, I can't think of any names that couldn't work just fine with a slight bit of transliteration molding; Holoro Holuru sounds fine as is, and if you really needed to you could even make it something like Horol Holur. Even if there were names that wouldn't "sound English" enough, I still wouldn't find that defensible as a reason to change names - that's a flagrant break from a translator's job.

Is that what they renamed Holoro to? Because that sounds more like the name of a disease-themed Snively Whiplash-esque villain than any kind of animal.

Getting into MHXX on switch more and i am having a real easy time playing when i can really just recognise 'no' 'ni' and 'ku' and little else in moonrune.
I worry about set bonuses later but i imagine kiranico and having generations on hand can help but it feels like the monsters do more damage but take more compared to generations. Solo'ing as BushiBow is making mincemeat of shit that took ages in MHG.

I've seen a fair few games get their difficulty reduced for the japanese who are huge casuals. Is monster hunter actually easier in japanese?

Holoro Holuru
Doesn't sound like the name of an animal either, but hey, whatever.

It's actually a trend both ways - our version of Battletoads for instance was toned down as fuck, while your guys' version of FF4 was the version that we later got as "FF4 Easy Type" if memory serves. Basically, you should never play a foreign localization of any game.

From what I gather it's the other way around - we know for a fact 3G's American/European version got toned down by giving player characters 50 unremovable free points of Defense Power, and there have been several accounts of people finding the foreign version of X to be easier than the JP version.

Fair enough, but it's still the original name, as opposed to something someone made up so they could pretend they contributed to making the game.

Not to mention there's one for most mounts so make sure you block all French players.

Anyone available to play later? Just got the Switch version of MHXX and transferred my save data.

Is it cross play with the 3ds? If so then sure, but im stuck at g2 though.

It's all clear now, thanks.

Yeah it's cross-play.

Oh really now? Ok then! This autist is on standby, call me when you need me!

think for yourself. fuck.

They really need the G rank urgent to be a mandatory solo quest, even if the monster is a mid-tier high-rank-level monster, it will weed out at least 90% of shitters from g-rank. And if they choose to cheese the shit out of the quest with traps and bombs, then at least they will know how to use them in G rank.

here's your (you)

So I fucking suck, and I have no idea why. Can't beat the first medium-sized monster, (Faggot with a huge spade tail and a bunch of asshole friends) and keep eating shit super hard. Is there something I'm missing? I'm landing some pretty hearty blows by charging my greatsword, but it doesn't seem to really be hurting the asshole. Should I try a different weapon? Lighter and weaker weapons seem like a losing game unless you're fucking excellent at dodging (I'm not) because trading damage for mobility means you'll be fighting longer which means there's more chances to fuck up and die.

Aside from 'git gud', what are some newbie tips?

Great maccao is a piece of shit for a beginner, but that's why he's a good intro monster. He moves around a lot so i wouldn't recommend a slow weapon like GS if you are new to the games. When he is balanced on his tail, he will just keep kicking you if you are in front of him try to get to the side or back of him and keep hitting him until he falls over for a few seconds (it doesn't always work though and i think he builds a resistance to it over time). If he leans back, growls and does a flurry with his legs, get out of way immediately because he is coing to catapault forward. That is his most powerful attack.

Experiment with different weapons to find which one is most comfortable for you, first of all - the weapons can play differently enough for it to feel like an entirely different game, and all have their own rhythm, as well as a focus more towards offense or defense. Which title are you playing? From the description, I'm assuming this is the Dos Maccao from X or XX. If so, also try experimenting with changing up your Hunting Style and Hunting Skills, since that can have a very pronounced effect on your moveset. Keep in mind too that this is likely a smaller and faster monster than some of the ones you'll fight later, so even if you like them heavier and slower weapons may be disadvantageous if it's against a monster you haven't learned the behavior of just yet. If you're still having trouble, try doing a run of the quest where you don't attack, and instead just watch the monster's behavior patterns and focus on dodging/blocking and seeing where it has openings to pounce in on.

tl;dr, git gud

The usual strategy is dodge its attacks and hit it until its dead, that strategy can work with any weapons in the game, especially the smaller ones due to them giving you WAY more mobility. For the first monsters i fought I would always tend to land a few hits after they attack, because thats when they tend to leave openings. Dodging is easy, just walk or roll away when the monster is about to attack, its common sense really. Try to fuck off for a bit if you cant think you can handle him in rage mode. Remember to bring lots of potions too, or you will regret it.

If you still cant beat it, try using the smaller or more mobile weapons until you get more used to the game.

If you want a funny, that's how I lost the first time - I thought I was safely away, tried to drink a potion, and then from out of screen he slams into me and knocks me out. The frame of it was perfectly comical, too, like, he entered from one side of the screen and left out the other, like I'd been hit by a fleshy bus.

That's what I'll do next, thanks.

Those "Burning through everything and bringing down a titan singlehandedly with almost nothing of your own left afterward" fights are the absolute best. I will never forget my first Gran Milaos hunt for that reason.

I was never able to beat the deviljho key quest to unlock the Dire Miralis hunt and i dont know anyone willing to play mh3u locally with me to help me out with it.

I'd help you, but I can only play vanilla Tri because no Pee U or 2ds.

3DS and in Japanese here, so sorry, I can't help. Keep practicing though, it's such a satisfying fight.

How do you even manage to breathe?

Dire miralis was a crap boss incidentally.

I used the lance and I guess was too slow to deal enough damage throughout the hunt. I tried to get the full G-rank Rath Soul set but I needed 2 mantles and the RNG would never let me get them. My skills in the game did get better though.

How did you manage to do it? Im considering using a switch axe and changing my armor set but thats going to take fucking ages to do.

It's been ages, but I think I was mainly using Twin Swords at the time. Like any other monster though, learn his pattern, especially for that dragonslayer element breath, it can fuck you up if you have low element defense against it or are using an element/status weapon. If his stomping is a problem for you, consider investing in the skill to nullify quake effects.

Use the Great Sword and stay between his legs and go for his head every now and then, paralyze him with some meat and shock traps and land some lv3 charges on his tail (a fully upgraded stygian zin GS should take about 4 to 5 to cut it off), be sure to only use traps when he starts to drool for maximum effect and attack his belly when he's angry for massive damage, when you see him charging his breath run AT him and land a lv3 on his belly

just git gud with the GS and you'll never struggle with any monster again

God I hate Brachy, I hope he doesn't return in Worlds I hate this monster.

What you got against Brachydios? He's a cool dude.

I can see that. Though at least with 4 you had the caravan. Kinda like a nomadic family you helped to support.

In the hands of a beginner, most of the faster weapons will probably be doing more damage on average than the slower weapons. Greatsword is a kind of tricky weapon to use if you don't know when you'll have an opening, because even though it has the highest damage per hit of any of the blademaster weapons, if you aren't sure about your openings you'll end up needing to do the weaker attacks, or missing your fully charged attack, or getting knocked out of a charged attack. It's a great weapon for learning how to play though, it forces you to learn how to find openings and to make the most of every opening you get. You should try playing around with a few different weapons as you go and see which ones you like most. Observe the monster, figure out when it's safe to attack (for maccao it's usually after he attacks, he hits hard but takes a while to recover after his stronger attacks). Maccao's a huge asshole who bullies the hell out of scrubs until they learn the two golden rules of playing MH - first, don't get hit; second, hit the monster until it dies - and because of that he's a great first fight.
For Greatsword, you want to be sheathed if you're not attacking because you sheathe very fast and when your weapon's out you're very slow. When you are attacking, try to focus on charged attacks. When you charge, if you hold it until you automatically release the attack, you've "overcharged" and your attack will be weaker, so you want to release just before this ideally. You can also easily evade after an attack with GS, instead of needing to wait out the whole recovery animation. This is very important; because of the ease of rolling after an attack, the fast sheathing, and the focus on a "hit and run" attack - sheath - find opening - attack - sheath - find opening… playstyle, greatsword is a surprisingly mobile and evasive weapon. Most people don't realize this about it, because it walks around extremely slowly when you're holding it, without realizing how quickly it sheathes. I'm not very good at using greatsword, but when I learn how to beat a monster with greatsword, I learn its patterns, moveset, and openings far better than I do otherwise; and this improves my ability to fight it with all the other weapons, too. It's a great, fun weapon, good for both first learning how to play and for later learning how to play better.

What's the matter, poor little hunter can't handle the big brach blasts? Afraid he's going to pound his thick, green slime into your waifu's face then explode all over her? I don't enjoy fighting him as much as some other monsters but he's still fun, unique, and very cool. What's wrong with him?

youtube.com/watch?v=dk5cUQd2NfQ

What are you doing? Did you get lost?

I'm just tired.

How's this?

Thanks for the hunts, gotta take care of some things but if you're still hunting later I'll be sure to rejoin. Feel free to post rooms more often too.

Can anyone help me with Silverwing Nargacuga? I need lvl 4 and lvl 5 quests and then I'll have all his set.

Exactly the reason why I love MH, that feeling of surpassing increadible odds using only one's wits, skill and willpower is a feeling not replicated in many games these days, let alone on the level of MH. I'll never forget ragequitting the P2nd because of Tigrex and coming back in FU, gearing the fuck up, learning all his moves, going in with as many items as I could and still having trouble but ultimately surpassing that glorious motherfucker. Still my favorite monster in the series.

Video about skills in world.
I dunno if i like it or not, is way more straightforward and let you mix armor way easier, but i dunno, it feels too simple for a vet.

Jesus christ

shitter: Yes
shitter: French
shitter: you have cq?
ALLONS-Y

At least the game as actual color at night instead of being a washed out nightmare.
I didn't watch much, the monster getting constantly staggered and being unable to move or attack disgusted me thoroughly.

To be fair, they probably made the demo easier than the full game. They always do that.

That excuse only works so far

Even with that in mind, that's embarrassingly bad, I seriously doubt monsters will be able to handle all the silly air dashing you can do with the baguette stick like it's the Tonfa from MHF and all the other tools the game's given the player. They've really stacked the deck against monsters so I'm expecting it to be a boring cakewalk or a boring bloated shitfest like MHX/XX are.

accurate, though only pussies abandon quests. i've completed so many quests where two guys would quit and me and some random bro would stick it out and finish and laugh at whomever didn't leave the room