Hope, and why you should never have it: Cyberpunk 2077 edition

I want to be hype for this game. Cyberpunk is my shit and a high budget representation of the genera would bring a little joy to my jaded gamer heart…

But they're going to fuck it up aren't they? It's just going to be a cyberpunk coating over Grand Theft Auto Online isn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpsychosis
youtube.com/watch?v=sGssbaktT1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Considering cyberpunk has been co-opted by the far left, that's the best you could hope for. The worst you could hope for is more strong wymyn characters fighting more paper-thin Evil Donald Trump parodies while fingering each other and crying about how oppressed they are.

>AYOO THIS GAME IS SO HYPE BRUH
Why? What's even to get hyped about?

if shit like that gets shoehorned into the game I'm going to be pretty pissed.

You deserve to be disappointed

I mean, it's CDPR, they're going to fuck up, bad. The combat in Glitcher 3 proves they have no fucking clue what they're doing. You hit light attack, and Geralt does one of twenty preset animations, each with different timing, different range, and sometimes, it's a double hit attack. And you have zero control over what comes out. Imagine, for example, you're playing quake, you pick up the railgun, you go to shoot a guy, and it fires a rocket, and then you try to fire again, it fires a shotgun blast, and you have 1/8 or something chance of getting the attack you actually want.

Beats having a gay nigger orc cop who spends the entire game whining about his dead partner and lamenting his current life as a shadowrunner.

WHY?
So far all we have is a trailer and a name. There's nothing to be excited about.

Honest answer? It's the setting. The setting is cool enough to me to pique my interest.

I fully expect to be let down by this game mind you, i just really wish there was a good large budget cyberpunk game.

Bungie made one back in 2000(2001?) and it's a worthwhile game. Have you played Oni yet?

Oni is the best Ghost in the Shell game ever.

Hey fellow hatechanners, let's shit up one of the few non-SJW devs!

doesn't even really deserve to be talked about at this point

wewed so much, thanks user.

Yeah, game is going to be shit. All video games are just childish toys with political outlet of devs secondary function. I hope it doesn't bomb, but it sells well on top of having lots of faggots, nigger main characters, trannies on every corner and no option to be mean to them. There should also be periodic announcements and nods to Karl Marx and communism in general.

won't acknowledge it till gameplay comes out, till that it may be gud or may be shit

No, no you don't. The last time I was even slightly "hyped" for a game, it was MGSV, and we all know that turned out horribly.

We're going to have to wait and see. Cyberpunk GTA with RPG elements sound pretty good though.

I am tired of this "women sexy badass stronk lmaoo" agenda

exactly fellow hatechanner :^) let's also not post any mechanics we would like to see in the game, just shit on mechanics found in a different game with a different setting :^^^)

I've played The Witcher 3 for like 180 hours and I can't recall it glitching once. Considering the huge scope of the game and comparing it to other open world RPG titles it was a level of quality unseen in recent years in the genre.

How do you even come to that conclusion? You make it sound like they are BioWare or Bethesda. And somehow because the combat system was slightly mediocre but by no means unplayable or unenjoyable that "proves" they have no clue what they are doing in game development? The weird thing is the way you complain about it makes it seem like its hard when its not, that whole rant about how everytime it different timing, range, and sometimes the game does a double attack instead of one is bullshit. You press X and he hits them relative to where you are standing, complaining about lack of control is retarded, you can't play the game for shit if you actually got beat for any of these reasons.

I also have no problem whatsoever of playing a game where the main character is a sexy cyborg badass babe, what is wrong with that exactly? Oh, feminism exists, so we absolutely must hate and assume every dev is an SJW commies because they give us skimpy big breasted lovely women to play as, gee, who'd of thought they could be so pozzed and bad writing, this game I mean that nobody has played or seen an inkling of. What we are seeing here is worse than hype, its anti-hype, just rationalise every excuse you can possibly think of why this game is shit including identity politics and the fuckin gender of the character. You fuckin faggots are just as bad, go to tumblr and blog about it.

Not sure that's all they're going for here. Certainly that's an aspect but it's also in tone for the source material.

She's cybernetically enhanced to be a bad ass. She's artificially stronger than she should be. There's no reason to think she shouldn't or hasn't augmented her physical appearance to be more attractive. The dystonia of this kind of setting is that you can buy your way into being better (Stronger/Faster/Prettier), but it doing so you're throwing away what makes you human. Thus why the bad ass sexy strong girl just murdered the fuck out of a bunch of random people on the street

lol i bet you have no problem with getting your ass fucked

You press the left mouse button, and sometimes, Geralt does a quick cut, sometimes he does two spins. You think you can stuff an enemy's attack, and you could've if you had gotten the quick slash, but Geralt does some ballet shit, which is slower, and you get hit. The combat is so fucking shit, it ruins the rest of the game, because there's no actual fucking thought to it, since you can't control anything other than your dodges. Half of the signs are absolute dogshit compared to Quen, which is more or less a get out of shit game free card. Half of the bosses in the game are easier to beat just by spamming the swallow potion and light attack, than actually playing the fucking game. And I beat that piece of shit on Death March. Now go shill somewhere else, or don't you have some holocoaster shekels to grab, Pavel?

I don't even have the MS paint comic, but I think you know which one I would've posted, just for you.

CPR is based in Poland is seem to be pretty conservative.

Console. Pandering.

It's almost like you miserable faggots actually want your video games to be cucked.

It's multiplat.
It gets gibs from gubmint/Eu to develop online shit
I doubt it'll have trannies because pic related is the face of tranny lobby in Poland It's an old communist Krzysztof Bęgowski, now know as Anna Grodzka, fags are more likely but every fag parade either has their flags taken down day before, or there's a normality parade parallel to theirs where normal people go out and protest faggots shitting everything up.
It'll be GTA:O with cyberpunk becase shark cards bring fucking insane amounts of money
I'm not excited at all.

You think I like to take it up the ass because I have no problem playing games with big breasted THICC babes? How idiotic and nonsensical do your lines of thought have to be to think like this?

wut

You manchildren Holla Forumsacks are the latest trend of cringe some of this shit is gold

I called you a CDPR shill, Pavel. But now I think you just have shit taste in everything.
So, anyways, you going to actually bring up an argument, or do I filter you right here?

lol filtered

I'm more of a lurker but holy shit user, you're so autistic I just had to tell you. Congratulations.

Seriously lmfao

There in lies your biggest mistake. Never get hype for a game. It'll only end in tears.

It's CDPR. The head honchos there are pretty level headed.

Start posting arguments any time.

You saw how it happened to Witcher 3.
So you're just here to shitpost, then. Should have just said so from the start, fucking autist.

God damn it, it's like every fucking nigger here turned into some low IQ idiot who can only "discuss" video games by greentexting muh jews or greentexting muh jews with a layer of irony over it.
Sort your fucking brain out, man.

What's he even being a shill about? That he enjoyed witcher 3?

I'm going to present an argument. I too think the combat in Witcher 3 is extremely shallow. I also think it's extremely easy and it's not really a high point of the game, it's actually probably the worst thing about it. But I'm confused about your complaint about the differing attack animations having even the most insignificant impact on the gameplay, because I don't think they do. The differences in animation time are so inconsequential and minimal that I think you're talking out of your ass if you're trying to say you got fucked at any point because of them. We're talking milliseconds when it comes to these animations. None of the shit in that game is ever so aggressive for a time difference to matter, the enemies circle jerk around you and take turns swinging at you, even on deathmarch, the ai isn't influenced by difficulty as far I could tell. That being said, yeah the combat is shit, but not because the attack animations are out of your control, but because it's shallow as whole. Thank fuck there's a multitude of animations, because if that eye candy wasn't there, it'd be even worse.

Why are you hyped for fucking anything at all. I could list a dozen other games that had hype and then died.

I liked Witcher 3 if you haven't the mental capacity to realise that yet. Do you even understand what greentext is? I'm against all the muh jews shit that everyone else is doing, I mean wtf is the problem when people start hating on a game as some SJW ridden bullshit because it has a female protaganist and is on console? Thats fuckin retarded. And your brain needs sorted out if your justification for hating on a company is simply because they released one of their games on console.

I'm not really hyped, but neither am I thinking it's going to be shit. There is nothing to suggest the game will be shit.

And in come the contrarian hordes. They're no more or less shitty than any other cRPG game out there. You might as well pretend FO1 and 2 are shit games because their combat was lackluster and piss easy. And I say that as someone that thinks FO1 is nearly as perfect as a game can ever hope to be.

You're comparing the hype of MGSV and Witcher 3 with Spore and No Man's Sky? That doesn't even make sense for so many reasons and if anything Witcher 3 and MGSV are reasons to actually have hope and excitement for games again, they sold really well and were met with enjoyment from the vast majority of people who played, they weren't perfect, but I don't even understand how you could compare those games and their hype to the abominations that are Spore and No Man's Sky.

Then stop shitposting like a triggered autist and actually post some arguments.
I don't give a shit what you like.
Witcher 3 kept downgrading from what they showed in the earliest trailers because they started pandering to consoles. I don't care about a game being on console, I care about the technical limitations it puts on games because of it.

It must be nice being this retarded.
I'm more and more convinced you're really fresh off the boat from reddit. Lurk the fuck more.

To be fair user, Hail hitler fuck the jews.

Can you even hear yourself right now?

So, wait, your only complaint about the Witcher 3 is the graphics?

Can you?

No, but this idiot isn't putting any effort in his shitposting, so I'm really not going to go more in-depth.

Argue what, though?
This is true, and it's shit that it happened.
To claim this is the definitive reason why the graphics took a dump over the years from announcement to release is stupid. It's definitely possible this is it, but it could just as well be a more innocent reason, such as that they couldn't optimize the game, try as they might, to always have good performance even on the most high end desktops available. Unless you have evidence to back up the console pandering reason, condemning for that is sort of fucked on your end.

I played it on console and the last boss-fight the game railroaded me to be him. I purposely did not run towards the boat and the enemies didn't take damage on me and at the boss fight i got stuck several times and could not move.

It got to the point were it was more annoying trying to avoid glitches than it was trying to beat the boss.

Are you retarded ? Any mention of things like homos, blacks or women is now automatic SJW-stupidity you massive dumbass ?
I agree that some of those lines, while out of context, are cringe, but "cringe" isn't the same as virtue-signaling you tremendous shitheap
The last three sure as shit aren't even in any way reprehensible, how is a whore saying "he liked coming back, how open-minded" and a religious guy saying "wisdom is truly what men need most" in any way "social justicey" ?

That shit is literally made for faggots and trannies

I got fucked by that all the time, especially fighting smaller monster enemies who attack you in packs, because they actually are aggressive, and they have either really quick attacks, or long wind ups, which you can interrupt, if Geralt plays along. It's especially bad against shit like drowners, because you'll be fighting five at a time, and you're trying to get quick hits in on them. I'm not even counting shit like enemies having iframes after you hit them twice in a row, then having an instant counterattack, or most of the smaller cast of enemies doesn't have readable tells for for when they're about to attack, or which attack they're about to do.

At first I was real excited thinking it was going to be first person, then i realized it was just some shitty 3rd person game. Its crap.

Yes they are going to fuck it up. The music is even crap. They didn't even use New wave just some shit.

Why do game devs lack creativity so much? Are they autistic or just retarded?

I don't come to Holla Forums to "argue" about games and getting into some debate video games are what I do to get away from all this shit. You say "form an argument" as if you are on Holla Forums trying to get some ego rush from having some asinine drivel discourse on post-modernism or something. "Present an argument", man why the fuck do you even play games? Dp critically take them apart piece by piece and rationalise to yourself why its shit in every way then take your aggression into image boards so you can pretend your opinions are infallable pieces of objectivity or something?

Nani ?

Blade runner was shit.

It was based on one of the first cyberpunk novels ever written, and like 95% of cyberpunk games ever made practically look like blade runner and even contain the similar theme albeit modified and twisted a bit. Including this game.

that applies to your post

sorry bit drunk and didn't convey what i meant. What I meant to say is those who believe Cyberpunk was created by Bladerunner are either trolling or stupid.

You do realise bladerunner is based on a book by Philip K Dick and that the philosophy and aesthetics behind it where consistently developed throughout most of the 20th century? Bladerunners not even original its a clusterfuck of all sorts of ripped material.

There were tons of books with that theme in the 1960s. The movie comes out much later to copy material from them.
It's really really dumb to call it the origin of cyberpunk unless you are a filthy casual.

I'd argue even if it always used the quickest animation in the instances you got hit you'd have gotten hit anyway, because it was just a base mistiming on your part. But maybe you really did get fucked by drowners because of the slight differences in timing, it's not implausible. I don't know, not once did I ever correlate getting hit or dying with the attack animations. At a certain point I just only ever attacked when I was still 'safe' even if the longest animation were to play out, maybe. I don't know. But I still think even that's a flaw of the combat mechanics, it's just another drop in the bucket of an otherwise still entirely shitty combat system, so it never meant much to me. I'd even pick the various animations over consistent ones, even if I were to objectively learn that their inconsistency caused unfair deaths and damage taken, because I'd rather just plain out have the variety when the combat will be shit and shallow regardless.

I guess optimally there'd be a way to influence the animations more consistently with user input but that'd actually mean the combat wasn't entirely shallow and the animations would actually have different damage values, among other things. So rip.

My point is they copied from Blade Runner.

The point is thats a retarded statement for a variety of reasons some of which already explained.

Which itself is not original.

Well now my point is even if they did copy from blade runner, which they probably did, that's not even necessarily a bad thing, and probably not the only thing they looked at when designing the setting.

Regardless it's original or not. They all look similar to Blade Runner.

We'll, that's bad. That means the theme of their game has zero novelty and they're just uncreative faggots with zero passion for their games. That means they're just merely making something that sells instead of expressing their vision.

Fuckin hell, fuck this thread.

So is ghost in the shell a copy of bladerunner by your logic ? Because it has similar streets, time period and theme ?
It's an entire genre, stupid. They all build up on each other. They are not carbon copies, they just use the same main theme. The content varies greatly.

Well yeah, of course. Besides, cuckimes aren't very creative after all.

Well, then a creative person won't make something that belongs to a genre.

If someone were to deliberately ignore other projects in the same vein of setting or theme, solely because they want theirs to be a special snowflake one, they're gimping themselves and they're probably about to produce some hot garbage. There's a lot to be learned from looking at shit similar to what you're developing/writing/filming, so as to get a clue as to what makes for good/bad world building or gameplay or sound design or whatever the fuck. I think it'd be more of a red flag for a cyberpunk game to have developers who never gave a glance to blade runner or total recall or even more peripheral shit like i robot. There's nothing uncreative about taking inspiration from other shit, you tool. It's part of most any process of any high quality anything.

One of the guys who made blade runner is working on cyberpunk 2077,

these 2000's kids dont dont understand the concept of borrowing material vs straight up copying.

So clearly by your own logic blade runner is a carbon copy of some book and is not creative at all.
Go ahead. Invent a new genre. See how easy it is.

Learning and taking inspiration are two different things though. By taking inspiration, you're creating a safe vacuum for you to stay comfortably and work in, but by learning you're building and refining upon your own vision by observing other's process.

What if I told you the first shmup ever produced was space and invaders. What if I told you every shmup going foward, despite on some level having roots leading back to it, was widely different and subjectively better? Would that blow your mind, or what? But it wouldn't, because you don't actually think that, because you're just funposting.

Compared to films like STALKER? I think so.

What if I told you the first musical instrument was banging a piece of stick against a rock.

Telling me, a slav, how creative Stalker is.
You are just a poser. Kill yourself.

Neither of those things are mutually exclusive to eachother though. In fact, I'd say both are probably seen together in any well done project. But I think a more apt word for what you're trying to describe would be 'innovating', rather than learning.

What if I told you that music is just a derivative idea based on other sounds.

They turned a hard scifi into a spiritual journey while still retaining the main characters and the zone. Other than the words Stalker and The Zone, any resemblance to the book is barely noticeable.

That works too.

Witcher 3 is basically Witcher 2 but more. I don't know what you expected if you were disappointed.

Listen to yourself. Pure bullshit coming out of you. At least if you were a marketer I would understand, but you just sound like a rabid fan.

There isn't a single story that isn't copied. Every story has already been told, the only difference is retelling it in a new way.

With so little cyberpunk out there, I'd love GTA reskinned with hacking and augments. It sounds like multiplayer is probably going to be more invasion-like, kinda how Watch_Dogs was I never bought it, but a friend with good taste got a free copy and said that MP was pretty fun

It's CDPR, and Mike Pondsmith seems to have his head on straight.
>said that Traveller was the best RPG he'd ever encountered and he's right, it's an amazing RPG even though you fucks have never heard of it
I didn't dig deeply, but I can't find a single fucking thing about his political views other than that he's registered to vote but with no party affiliation. Presumably he keeps his politics to himself - a good indicator for the game.

Cyberpunk as a genre has been constantly iterative, all that Blade Runner did was establish an early visual aesthetic for the notion.

Read Neuromancer, you fucking pleb. Cyberpunk 2077 will be ripping that off far, far more than Blade Runner and its analog/CRT Voight-Kampff machine.

After witcher 3 it's really obvious they're just another bloated AAA developer. No one there plays or understands games. I guess it's a miracle that the visuals (if not the grafix) were still good, despite last-minute attempts to sabotage them for the underpowered PS4 and xbone.
They just plain stopped giving a fuck about the story and plot at the halfway mark and "improved" combat in a way that shows they didn't even understand what the fuck the problem was with witcher 1 and 2 in the first place.

So far, everything we know about cyberpunk, we've known for a few years already. That's a trailer and a few interviews and blogs featuring pondsmith that I'm not even sure are still available. After that they went silent. There is practically zero chance the game still sticks to that vision, or any kind of authentic vision that isn't just based on what the rest of the industry is doing. If there's one thing AAA developers strive to avoid, it's making games that stand out too much.

Cos said whore is a faggot tranny?

Because he's obviously Islam telling whitey *he's* the warlike one.

There's enough pandering to raise an eyebrow and that's more than is needed or wanted.

I agree that the narrative wasn't as strong as in TW1 or TW2, but it was still damn good, and the world was immersive as fuck.

I feel like you're overexaggerating.

Oh my summerfags, no, you dont fit in just by shtting on a popular game and you need to go back
>>>/plebbit/

I really want a cyberpunk RPG.
That's why I have no hope for this game.
You see, CDProjekt Red does not make RPGs.
CDProjekt Red makes a melee combat Mass Effect and has the audacity to call it an RPG.

CDPR in Poland hasn't been swallowed up by worthless quota hires or regressive-left cronyism yet AFAIK. Most devs outside eastern Europe and Nippon are drowning in incompetence though.

Nice projecting retard

They did an interview quite recently

your favorite game sucks, deal with it nerd

Regardless, you should stay on Reddit next time.

I'm gonna be so mad if it has that rushed ending/feeling Witcher 3 had after entering Novingrad, this shit has been under developing good know how long and still no news about it.
Witcher 3 had building new engine in it dev time this has no excuses.

You should do

Whoever designed this chick needs to fix the nose. Everything else about this 2DPD is on point except for the nose

It completely fell apart when you got to Novigrad, and Skellige after that was even worse, with the whole segment feeling completely tacked on. They fell for the "gotta save the world in X time" then had you run off and help your friends or complete random side quests.
Not to mention the game's conclusion was shit tier with a joke of a final boss.

They should have kept it small and focused in story terms. The expansions showed that off clearly. It's not coincidence that the only good Witcher books are the short stories and not the garbage that the main books are

Get off of my board with your far-right shit Holla Forums

The main quest is nothing special, sure, but the side stuff and Witcher contracts more than make up for that.

It's not about how illogical it is, it is about the fact people left and right is shoving that shit into your face. It's one thing if the guy finds strong women hot and gets a boner putting those types of girls in, it's another when they're actively doing it to pander to the tumblr crowd or because the hipsters who won't play their game demand those things.

Well in all interviews and press releases I've heard from CDPR about Cyberpunk 2077 is that they've dropped the "save the world" trope and have mentioned that almost the entire game will be small sidequests that mean a lot to the player but for the rest of the world things will be business as usual. As far as i can tell, they've learned from their mistakes, and damn quickly, too. Remember that Witcher 3 was literally the first open world game and they still beat a shit out of a lot of other open world games from studios with bigger budgets, brand recognition and more "radio-friendly" series.. Witcher 3 was also their 3rd game ever. I am excited for Cyberpunk 2077 just based on the evidence of their quick improvement.

They are the underdogs, though. They're up against steam as a platform in a lot ways. That means they can't get lazy because they can sit on money selling hats and mods. In a business way they really have to pull people in and in an artistic sense I get the feeling they really do care about what they make. If nothing else they have good taste and made a good judgement with buying the license for Witcher, a relatively unknown book universe. Now they took another niche tabletop game although this time seem to be consulting with the original creator a little more. It could go wrong but I think it's safe to say it won't get anywhere near Mass Effect 3 levels of fail. At minimumwe'll get another Witcher 3-tier game I predict. I'm ok with that as long as the combat is more than a fucking dance.

Women literally having to augment their bodies to be stronger and remain pretty isn't exactly the SJW feminist message. They'd have some standard nigger bitch beating up an augmented white guy because she 'knows her stuff' or whatever.

Cry harder, you stupid marxist cunt. You know for an immutable fact that he’s right. Your ✡transhumanist✡ bullshit is done for.

You are pulling at straws, it is not about her being augmented or not that shit is just science magic for the game it's about her being a brown skinned sheboon or not, being tumblr haired or not, acting like a complete stuck up bitch or not because grrl power. Augmentations being the justification is just pure semantics, you can easily justify all of the typical strong female character archetype SJWs love to push with anything and everything from cybernatic enhancements to wushu bullshit to no justification at all it just happens.

Again it is the execution.

Except there are also non-Poles in the team now. There are at least a few Germans in it for sure, and Krauts tend to be cancerous and PC enough to corrupt the entire project. If any Swedes are involved, it's basically game over. Console pandering, possible EU Art Foundation backing the project, and signs like don't help either.

It's a shame, because game could be great if they will put less emphasis on combat, and more on cyberspace, exploration, information trading, crime, and social interactions with NPCs.

>Woman gets (((augmentations))) to be more sexy, capable etc

Its part of Cyberpunk's lore if I recall correctly. Augmented people going nuts is part of the world and some of them get drafted into some kind of SWAT-tier force. Its not about strong women, its about a dystopic future where sex is plastered everywhere, where the human condition is twisted and transformed, where corruption goes unchecked, crime is through the roof and people are miserable.

Why would i play such thing when it's exactly what i experience daily?

Because cyberpunk is a genre that goes back decades and ended up getting nearly everything it predicted right.

I don't even care whatever you posted, but this disinformation always pisses me off. Different level in pigmentation hardly constitutes as genetic diversity. The reason as to why Africans, Indians, South Americans, and so on have dark irises is because they are better at protecting against UV light. The less pigment in the iris, the lighter the eye and the higher the risk for damage. It's why babies usually have blue eyes at birth that darken as they mature and it's why people with lighter irises like many Europeans and all albinos have worse ocular health. Going back to genetic diversity, the gene pool in Africa is so large, that Africans are more genetically similar to Europeans and Asians than other Africans. Fuck your pseudo-science and read a goddamn book or even a fucking blogpost about this shit you stupid nigger.

I don't think it will be good based on everything CDPR has done having awful game play.

Good job on proving his point I guess.

nah b

Are we talking about the same Traveller here? The one where you can literally die in character creation because every last bit of crunch on your character sheet is decided by dice rolls?

I'm sure it's fun in a grognard kind of way, but I can't say I agree with the notion you don't get to make your character, the dice do.

And Blade Runner copied from Neuromancer, newfag.
Trying a little too hard aren't you? I mean honestly this is just shit bait.

Not only that - it's an actual gameplay mechanic. It's to keep you from (or rather, add consequence to) just shoving a shitload of augs into your body. A bit like "humanity" in Vampire: The Masquerade. The more augmentations you get, the more empathy you lose, the closer to an unfeeling machine you become until you eventually find no intrinsic value in any human life.

cyberpunk.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberpsychosis

I always had my suspicions about CDRed because they were Biogay and Ubishit fans…
But so far they have delivered, its not like i expect hartdcore 101/10 gameplay from story based rpgs

It's probably best just to wait for the game to come out first rather than being hyped for it.

If a bunch of doom to fail scammers can create this, then a highly successful studio can do better.
unless the come out with only a card game after so much hype

Fuck off retard. The tumlbr crowd cried about their soggy knees because the evil patriarchy points a gun at a kneeling defenseless poor sexualized damsel.

Cyberpunk 2020, which Cyberpunk 2077 is based on in collaboration with R. Talsorian (CP2020's creator) is my shit. Best tabletop bar none, throw all other tabletop games in a fucking fire we don't need'em. Solid gold.

But there was an "update" to CP2020 called Cyberpunk 3.0, also by R. Talsorian. It was the biggest pile of cucked shit, and was all genetic modification biological wetware shit instead of the fucking awesome manly as fuck chrome and leather and neon mohawks and ripped jean jackets style of CP2020.
Extrapolating forward, I don't see how Cyberpunk 2077 can possibly be anything but an even worse abomination than 3.0. That little teaser they released 27 years ago looked pretty good, but the first rule of advertisement is that it's 100% a lie, so it's inadmissible.

It's okay, though. We already have CP2020, and it's as close to perfect as Cyberpunk can ever be. This pathological need to keep revisiting older things because they were popular needs to die. Let good things happen - let them fade away forever - never look back.

As long as they don't fuck up the OST i'll be pirating all of that at least.

forgot embed

You gotta admit that would still be better than 99% of the games that are hitting the market these days

I don't think that'll happen here. The devs are Polish, and Poland currently holds the title of Least Cucked European Country. On top of that they used a sexualized underwear model cyborg lady for their trailer and promo art, which wouldn't fit well with a social justice agenda.

Its Hip And Cool to shit on Witcher 3 on Holla Forums, despite the fact that it's still way better than almost any other game that's come out in the past few years

Given the sort of things he's interested in Id' be willing to bet he's a 90's-style libertarian (not a modern libertarian, who are all cuckolds). I seem to remember somebody saying he was a prepper too, or that he lived on his own piece of land in some desolate corner of the country so that people would leave him alone, but I'm not really sure about that.

I've never had the chance to play it but I've heard good things. I heard combat is very quick and brutal.

It is cute that you think that you have a firm grasp on something you obviously don't understand. Sage for off-topic

It is, very. The combat takes into account individual limbs, torso and head. Any gunshot can be instantly fatal if it hits an unarmored head. Even armored, any attack that penetrates armor to deal more than half of a character's total HP to a single body part destroys that body part, so you have destroyed limbs and wrecked heads as a fairly common occurrence. Combat turns also represent three seconds of action each, so it's very fast paced and chaotic, but it's a controlled chaos.
In CP2020, the first thing you buy is a helmet, and the second thing you buy is a gun - and then if your character is wealthy enough and has a high enough humanity score, you get subdermal skull plating and ballistic weave cyberskin to increase your life expectancy a few percentage points.

It's a real blast and I highly recommend it. You can find most of the original CP2020 PDFs fairly easily, and I even recommend to hunt down the core rules book just as a fun read and as a piece of cyberpunk history.

Looks like he lives out in Washington somewhere. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's old-school libertarian, tbh.

Good shit, right there. Have a classic from the space threads.

Yes, but it's not that extreme. You have choices in what you do, and you can train skills in campaign. You can die in character generation, though. And you can always reroll if you don't like the character you get, unless your GM is a hardass.

Most of the vocations you roll into are military of some sort, so it makes sense that once you're in, you don't have a ton of control over what formal training you get, or what kind of action you see. Just like the real military.

You can also end up with some pretty spectacular results, one guy in my campaign ended up as a 50-something Navy admiral with ridiculous social standing who apparently had a midlife crisis - the only way we could explain how he ended up joining a crew of spaceship repo men.

It's also wonderfully flexible for homebrewing and tweaking to your needs. And the ship combat is incredibly autistic in all the best ways, you'd actually break out drafting paper, put down planets and gravity wells, and measure/plot the courses of all ships, as well as any missiles in play. I've heard that back in the day, there were wargames where you'd get X number of credits and design a fleet from scratch, then put it up against other peoples fleets.

Neuromancer actually came out after Blade Runner. Blade Runner got the look right, Neuromancer got the tech and the grit right.

Good on you for demonstrating your inability to understand what the picture is about. The image is basically a showcase of the hypocrisy of promoting "diversity" by having us all intermingle as one big group. The end result is that all the distinctive unique traits determined by recessive genes will simply disappear or nearly disappear and everyone will simply be the same dominant gene determined skin, eye, and hair color.
Instead of being different and truly unique we all become the same and interchangeable by pursuing diversity.

I personally have more then enough reason to dislike and distrust anything the devs for the Witcher series make outside the gamplay (pic related) but even people who like Witcher 3 don't consider the combat to be good. The best I've heard is "it's okay" and that's after parsing through the posts to filter out the obvious shill bots, and of course it boils down to the controls which everyone agrees is bad.

And the closer we approach the cyberpunk dystopia, the more cyberpunk media will be co-opted and watered down. There cannot be another Deus Ex, it would be labeled alt-right. Reality had become much weirder than any fiction.
youtube.com/watch?v=sGssbaktT1I

On the other hand, Neuromancer had the USSR winning the cold war. So at least that didn't hand right guys :^)

doubt

Because unlike most people's actual lives, characters we play/read/watch in this genera have some control over their situation. They have the chance at bettering themselves even if they don't always succeed.

The draw is seeing surrogates for ourselves surviving, fighting against, or even just accepting a world that mirrors ours with it's problems amped up to 11.

Non burger here what does being registered with an affiliation mean?
I thought you just get registered as a valid voter when turning certain age and you can slap an X on a sheet to pretend it matters?

USSR won the cold war but it looked more like cultural victory from CIV games, don't believe me, then turn on CNN, or a persicope of the newest Nignogs matter/AntiFa chimpout.
Or shit like fightfor15/bernouts

You sound frustrated.

Nah, that looks like her actual nose.

Stockholm syndrome. They will side with those who threaten them and go to great lengths to ensure others believe their feelings are genuine.

The ability to vote in primary "elections" where voters tell the parties which candidate their party is running they would vote for, this takes up the bulk of the election season. After this each party decides if they're going to run their most popular candidate or not, remember parties are private entities it's just that most of the people in government belong to one, then the actual elections happen.

Most other countries have something similar where militants of a political party elect it's current representative, but that's for prime minister.
The president or it's equivalents can be anyone would gathers enough signatures but usually a political party will have someone in store they'll put forward without the input of anyone else and back it themselves, despite the president supposedly having to be apolitical.
It's just that americans make quite a show surrounding those "elections" when those are just a popularity contest and not even the real deal. It's funny.

I also want this game to be made and cyberpunk to re-surface because it's the one genre that will spit in the face of both right and left.
It's funny to see the right assuming cyberpunk to not be leftist ideology when runners\hackers\anarchs are mostly anarchist and\or liberalist in nature and they opose both great corporations and the state. Runners know the danger of aggregating power in an oligarchy and they fight against it every day personnaly, they don't expect the government to intervene.
On the same hand, runners don't care about gender, race or anything else. Firmware and what calliber you shoot ends up mattering more than any of those details and your identity, in a cyberpunk world, is what you build for yourself.

On the other hand, some Runners are just greedy and they do their thing because it's a fun and fast way to make some credits. There's no noble cause there, they just want to buy some cyberpaws for their dog. And despite the horrible future that corporativism brings to the world, it also brings stability and it's fun to see runners with noble ideals screwing over a corporation and in the process royally fuck up the lives of thousands.
It's also pretty nice to see runners with actual principals that defend freedom of speech at all times and considering what the left currently is… What a shitshow that will be.

Maybe we'll get a wave of cyberpunk games that brings back the idea of Spider Jerusalem and individualism, instead of shitty collectivist ideas.

Where exactly do you get these assumptions?
All forms of punk is associated with the left to varying degrees and the example (Shadowrun) you just gave is strongly centered around left winged ideals even before the stupid bullshit being introduced post 3e Shadowrun. Your remark on cyberpunk spitting on both the right and left is also ignoring that the Left's ideals is typically seen as a good outcome via trans humanism. In fact the most strongest proponents of trans humanism a majority range between left and the Left in their ideals.

Soon your favorite games will get sequels as well. It will happen to (You)

You sure showed him user

Current politics muddle this discussion considerably. Actual leftists, libertarians and progressives would indeed be an example of the punk culture in cyberpunk.
Those were the guys that spoke about individuality and striving to do your best for the sake of your fellow men, not profit or fame. They'd confront dogma and authority they did not respect, always questioning, always looking for knowledge and ways to improve the world, even if it meant a life of struggle with little confort.

The Left we have today however, often called the Regressive Left, is more interested in who you are than what you do.
They focus on identity´, equality of results instead of opportunities and they will willingly accept dogma, even create it, as long as it feels confortable. And of course, they expect both the government and big companies to step in and fix stuff themselves.
They would be the ones that see all the cybernetic implants and ways to customize your body and be thrilled by it as proof that we can all be equal, without ever realizing the nuance that they are abandoning that which makes them human.
They would be transhumanists that focus entirely on the body and not in the mind, that's how paradoxical they'd be.

Can you imagine this? Imagine a few of these guys in an actual Cyberpunk setting.
A bunch of 15 losers, all with the exact same haircut, dressed like whores and faggots, banging at the entrance of Jinteki Industries, demanding they hire more blacks and women. They don't have decent gear, they are decked out for a day at the park, not an actual run, and the best technical skills they have is blogposting. They keep shouting about how Jinteki can just pay for surgery to augment all of it's workers until they are all good enough to work and therefore it doesn't matter who they hire, actually expecting the corporation to foot the bill for everything.

One of them decides to grab some attention and starts throwing rocks. Some mechanized bodyguard comes out, grabs one of those idiots by the throat and tosses him across the street, everyone else starts shouting and running away in fear until the bodyguard goes back inside. Then they go back to protesting (this time a bit further away) and claiming that the government must step in and ban weaponized cyborgs, actually believing the government isn't bought or that they don't have deals with Jinteki to keep working as well. And during this whole process, they are asking passerby's to sign a petition for free implants to poor people that need a leg up (they think it's a clever pun).

Why do leftists even like Transmetropolitan? Alan Moore regularly shitted on them.

Are you retarded
You're probably a consolepleb.

Non-sequitur. The libertarians of old times advocated for personal responsibility. That you got what you worked for and the only thing you could demand was a chance to prove yourself and a fair result according to your own merit.
Not everyone is inherently good, which is why treating everyone equally doesn't work and why libertarians don't think collectively.

I think Transmetropolitan actually does a fairly good job pointing this out. Spider Jerusalem is pretty much a liberal with a "I'll do my thing and you'll do your thing and as long as we don't piss each other off, I have no reason to sock this glass on your eye".
He does encounter a lot of problems, mostly social problems regarding discrimination, child prostitution, and brain washing religions. But instead of telling people to play the victim card about how they are being exploited, he will say that they are weak and stupid and fall for stupid shit all the time, that most of the bad shit that happens to them is a consequence of their own choices and that everyone who tries to enforce identity politics is a fucking idiot.

For instance, the child prostituion story, where he interviews a few kids. Some of them do it because they have no other choice or are pimped around. But the great majority of them does it for some quick cash since it pays a lot for little work and they don't have to work that way.
Or the mutant arc, where a bunch of people try to beat mutants for being non-human. Some of them are freaks of their own choice and that's a consequence of that, but some are freak acidents due to polution and they have no guilt of being mutants, so it's assholes only that pick on them.

There's nothing wrong with that sentence, though. Human lives are sacred and nobody should have the right to take them from someone else.
If you want a less idealistic reason, consider the position you place a criminal once he has racked up enough crimes to warrant a death penalty. At that stage, every next crime is free of consequence and he might as well kill even more people to try and survive, considering his very life is at stake. Death penalty encourages reckless slaughter on criminals.

Thanks for proving you're a retard.

if you import 7000 refugees and they kill your friends and family in a truck of peace incident, it's still a net positive because 7k saved vs. 30 dead.
Splendid logic, every life is equally worthless as yours, so quantity > everything else.

The very definition of a strawman, if I ever saw one. If you think that random quotes are good substitutes for arguments, you can stop posting anytime.

Advocating for the sacredness of human life doesn't equal advocating for free unbarred immigration for starters, nor does it mean advocating for self defense, where you are protecting lives.
However once a criminal is caught, you have no way to know if he will kill again and even if you could, you have the means to prevent it without bloodshed with life sentences.

That has nothing to do with the question at hand and you know it. That's a question about prison standards and what to do with prisoners.
I personnaly think they should be put to work, either in small closed factories or out in the streets with collars for less dangerous cases. There's no reason they can't contribute to society to pay for their crimes and there's no reason to kill a healthy adult man that could do manual labour instead of being dead.

Kinda fudged that there. :^)

If you kill in self defense you take a human life, and according to your logic, there is nothing higher than human life, therefore moral justification DOES NOT exist, unless you invalidate your view or change it to
Those poor immigrants need refuge in your country though, nice hypocrisy there bubbo, do you consider their lives lesser than yours?
See above.
What about lives of the unborn, are they sacred too or can you quarter them and dump in medical waste bin anytime you don't feel like being responsible?

Wew look at that Communist Nazi advocating for Gulag and KL-Bau.
Your disregard for jewish life sickens me, you antisemite racist.

It still hurts.

To protect another life. It's a zero-sum in this case, a life will be lost regardless of your choice, might as well spare the innocent than the criminal.
However this is self-defense. It's an exception to the rule. The moment you have a criminal in jail or you managed to incapacitate him, there's no self-defense taking place anymore and it's now your choice to kill or not to kill. The decision is no longer forced on you.

This has nothing to do with how sacred life is or how self-defense is handled, you're mixing the two together because you don't have a good argument with either and you hope to cobble something reasonable from joining both points.

Importing migrants to improve their life doesn't work either way. They escape from a life of misery to another type of misery, where they either depend entirely on the state or are exploited in low paying jobs. In either case they ruin the economy of the country that accepts them, effecively importing their misery and sharing it with the natives.
Accepting migrants is a short term solution that doesn't actually protect life in long terms, it actually ruins even more lives instead.

If they have some health condition that prevents labor, prison isn't even the worst problem to handle here. What are they gonna do outside of prison if they weren't criminals, for instance?

It need not be something that deplorable. Closed factories, even ones integrated in the prison itself are more than enough and you don't even need a healthy body to work in an assembly line. For shorter sentences and smaller crimes, a collar and a handler for criminals is more than enough to make them sweep the streets and collect garbage.

If they aren't born yet, they aren't alive. Did you actually think you were making a good point here? Why don't you stop masturbating, user?

zzzzz
If they are given bed and food, the least they can do is work to earn it, otherwise you end up with poor people committing crimes to go in for easy accomodation.

But dark souls 3 is good though

it's done by CD PRojeckt Red and it's based on an old tabletop RPG. Why would you expect it to be bad?

Why not go all the way, and human life begins at adulthood, i mean, children can't vote, consent or do anything on their own?
So you have 18 years to get rid of a child if it doesn't suit your liking.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/suicide/

Even if it's a meme response is not wrong. That's just intellectual cowardice for the "solution" of that criminal problem. So what? A populace is supposed to be passive to criminality just because? Say you have a bunch of migratory dregs in your society, like Western Europe right now, and the only way to revert normalcy is to kick them out. But kicking them out might incur some retaliation, some violence. Hell they may be even more brazen with their savagery. People will get hurt, some will die they're already dying yet they're supposed to do nothing? (and by nothing I mean quick-fix, patchy milquetoast solutions which is virtually nothing) You treat the victims as some sort of statistic not even taking the account the human condition and you shill and enable criminal behavior.

Not all human lives are sacred.

Now you're being dumb on purpose. The definition of Life does not include consent or voting (and children can do plenty on their own).
Are dogs dead to you because they can't vote, for instance?

You are reading what I write with the idea of disproving it, not actually understanding what you read and this is why you keep saying stupid shit like this.
Refugees will NEVER have the "good of western civilization", not only because they are culturally incompatible with it but also because accepting them in large scale will destroy said "good of western civilization".
I don't actually have a problem with the imigrants themselves, they are just people.
It's the imigration itself, it's effects in the economy of a country that actually worry me, and because of this I have to accept that there's only 2 choices: we can be happy alone or miserable with them and it's not fair to ruin an entire country for the sake of giving those migrants a few years of respite at best.

You have selective reading, son? I already answered this. A life will be lost regardless of your choice. What you can choose is who dies, the criminal or you (or your family), it stops being a moral issue the second someone makes death inevitable, now it's just logistics.

You argued about "the unborn", a stage where they aren't even an haploid cell. Unless you were talking about the fetus, in which case it's a question of "when does life start", where you can get many different answers depending on what creed you ascribe too. My personal is as soon as blood starts running through their veins (about 4 weeks in, I believe) but you can also go for brain activity or some other metric.

Regardless, that was a bad strawman, trying to inject abortion into the discussion as if it's such a simple question that can be answered without first considering when life is considered to start or what conditions the mother is and was, etc.
But it's not suprising that you'd use that example, considering that like many Holla Forumsacks you see everything in black and white.
You're either genociding entire races or you're accepting them with open arms, you're either aborting once every week or you must accept every infant, etc… There's never middle ground with you faggots.

Who said anything about being passive? Arresting people and putting them in jail is far from being passive, forcing them to labour is far from passive. Murder isn't the only option you have.

Stop. You should think carefully about the examples you use because often you'll mix up some very, very serious and deep issues on the mix and it will be very easy to derail a discussion because of that. You should keep examples short and simple so the point in question can be discussed and solely that point. Friendly advice here.

Again, where are you getting this from? Where do you read that "If someone's trying to kill you, kneel down and wait for it all to end fast"? There are many ways to incapacitate a man that don't require murder for starters, murder often being harder than either of those. And if it comes to that, yes you're supposed to defend yourself to the best of your capacities, even killing him if absolutely necessary.
You do know that several countries in Europe do not have the death penalty but do have self-defense laws that absolve even murder if it's proven to be justified, right?

I did no such thing except in your head, where you're assigning motives and ideologies to "the oposition". Stop doing that, you're fooling yourself.
Civilized people do not resort to murder first and consider other solutions secondly. They subdue, arrest and even deport the criminal element (and make it someone else's problem).
However self-defense is still a possibility and personal responsability.

If you're talking politics and what the government rules out, that's a whole nother issue that we can talk about if you want.

There's only one answer you retarded nigger monkey, at conception, that's a biological fact.
< A life will be lost regardless of your choice.
but killing a murder as justice to the victim is bad
You're fucking retarded

I'm very much pro choice, either you get pregnant or you don't, if your nigger brain is incapable of understanding consequences of your actions you should be sterilized (That's what Israel does to niggers who comes there to work)

I didn't start on the unborn, you said that all life is sacred, and fetuses are very much alive.

How about them video games?

Now, now, there's no need for namecalling, don't be rude. :^)

Because the Bible tells you so, yes. That's a valid creed if you want to go by it, carry on.

Your grammar and argumentation is getting worse the more you type, maybe you should stop.
I'm not even sure what wrote there, that killing a murderer to bring justice for the family is bad (it is, you don't bring the dead back, you just upped the body count) or that killing someone to protect someone else is bad, which is also categorically wrong.

I don't think you understand what "pro choice" means today, and you're ignoring that no contraceptive method is 100% safe, that rapes are still a thing and a lot of other factors that might produce an unwanted child, all of them the fault of no one in particular.
I do agree with sterilization for women that resort to 2 non-justified abortions, though.

Not for a few- Oh wait, the Bible thing, right.

Killing is a consequence of murder, murder being the conscious decision to kill someone out of your own volition.
If you break into someone else's house to kill him, it's your decision and it's murder.
If you condem someone to death through the legal system, it's your decision and it's still murder.
If someone assaults you and threatnes your life forcing you to kill them it's not your decision, so it's not murder.

It's a thread about hype for a game that doesn't come in 60 years at least, this is what it will always degenerate into, sadly.
I've begun to sage but… Conversation is getting dull, I'll probably stop since people can talk about cyberpunk without devolving into extreme politics.

no you imbecile
Murder is an act without a moral justification, killing is. That's why you kill animals for food and murder people for wallets.

Chastity, oral, or anal are 100% sure, so is vasectomy or masectomy. but i don't expect niggers to control their primal instincts to muh di.

No its not, if Holla Forums became Holla Forums then all hope is loss, Holla Forums is comprised of the most virulent shitposters, children and cancer.

Man, where are those goal posts going to? So now we are arguing about the morality of the death penalty, is that it?
There's no moral justification, you're not bringing the dead back or undoing mistakes, you're just killing another person.
Speaky in utilitarian ways though, you're wasting a healthy individual for petty revenge too and you're signaling that anyone past a certain point in their crime career is not only free to do whatever they want but even encouraged to murder more as to avoid death. Telling a criminal that he will get the rope for a crime means that if he reaches that stage, a lot of things become morally justifiable for them as they are self-defense.
If this sounds retarded to you, it's because the death sentence is retarded.

So to avoid kids, abstinence, fetishes to mimic the real deal and never having kids ever again are viable alternatives?
Boy, can't wait to tell my wife that once we hit 2 kids, we either have to have an operation to prevent any more or she's getting literally butthurt every night unless she wants a sore mouth (too bad about her vagina though). But hey, we can always not have sex, right?
And thanks for the tip! Next time a girl is being raped, she can just say "why don't you try abstinence?" and the rapist will not impregnate her!

I don't expect niggers to type coherently, thank you for not disapointing me. Which is rich coming from someone that seems to think sex serves only for procreation. :^)

don't kid yourself bro. Their talent pool is straight from the swedecuck gaming uni's. Just a bunch of brainwashed snowflakes with a glorified tradeskill degree.

user, at least try to maintain the standards of the discussion somewhat. The responsibilities for having a decent discussion shouldn't have to fall entirely on the other party. Ignoring given talking points without providing a proper rebuttal and jumping from one ship to the other doesn't make for a pleasant experience for other people currently reading this. You're only making yourself look like a moron if you do.

Reported.

Is that something the judge says in AA? Sounds like something he'd say.

But to get back on topic, I have a question for Cyberpunk fans that I'd love to see answered:
What about Biopunk?

Biopunk is roughly the same except instead of mechanical augmentations and cyborgs, you have genetic manipulation and mutants.
There isn't so much the idea of "knowledge is power" and information being the main theme (although that's more cypherpunk I guess), but it still has the topics of defining what a human is and how far you can modify your body before being something entirely different, the divide between classes, a gritty future, the concept of buying yourself into a powerful body, etc.

I know that some corps in cyberpunk end up dealing in experiments with mutants and the like but I do not know of a game or book where both themes are bridged together, which I feel would be very interesting to see, considering how DNA can be seen as information and machines that replicate biological organisms from virtual information sounds like a neat idea for a villanous corp.

Does that sound interesting or do you prefer your cyberpunk to stick to guns, drugs, the Net, mechanical augmentations and cyborgs, mechs, high-tech\low-life?

Hard to do when a retard is a delusional lolbert with no understanding of basic biology and inconsistent view of "every life is sacred, except not really, when it's inconvenient"

Don't answer me, answer him

I'm not talking about petty crime, I'm using your paradigm of an almost on death row criminal. Jailing them on whose expense? And if they're not jailed indefinitely, you have to account for recidivism. Is forced labor really the all saving grace to this problem?

Don't see why I have to, I'm not derailing anything by talking about specific cases. it's already derailed user

By nothing I'm talking about being purely reactive and not proactive against criminality. I digress though because we're on different wavelengths here. I'm not saying arresting people is futile, it's just that the priority of arrest/murder will shift with times and movement of peoples and failure of governments to enact and follow simple rules of law.

I want a cyberpunk wrestling game where corps gain power by having their wrestlers win titles and matches and looking strong.

Consider that at this point you're arguing about how ethical\moral it is to kill someone because it's cheaper than keeping them alive.

It's not a perfect system if that's what you're expecting. But it's the solution that gives you great benefits for society while avoiding every moral complication. The prisoner gets a chance at learning a trade, ends up paying for his own costs, society gets cheap labour and nobody has to die.
Mind you, I argue for forced labour to ALL criminals, not just death row ones.

Law enforcement is supposed to be proactive, civilians are supposed to be reactive. A civilian that's proactive against crime is a vigilante, with all the complications that brings.

By this do you mean the constant failure to deport people will lead to the law enforcement giving up and start killing people? Or do you mean they'll go the oposite road and end up letting crimes happen that could be prevented by killing someone?

In either case I feel like that's a failure of law enforcement and government in it's policies. Theres's a similar situation already happening in Brazil where police simply aren't capable of handling all the crime (and even went on strike about their salaries being delayed), so the population is left to fend for themselves.

It is indeed unfortunate and it's an extreme solution where killing in self defense might very well be required, depending on how desperate or invested the criminal is, but the real problem is that such a situation happened in a civilized country, when all bloodshed could have been avoided. This is why law enforcement exists, to solve crimes and enforce the law without resorting to murder.

Back to cuckchan with you, little nigger faggot.

I pray to god it never comes out because just like HL3, the expectations are too great and it would fail.
Games are dead.

I found you douchebags via Salon.

The misogyny here is truly horrifying.

Gamergate really opened my eyes to how dangerous nerd supremacy continues to be. Originally, I thought that your hatred for women only manifested in words, and while this is acceptable even if it's toxic, the violent act of destroying the career of a beautiful young woman has made me conscious of the fact that the threat of Nerd Culture and Misogyny continues to be very real and is a direct result of letting this ideology fester. I, as a Jew, have had experiences with anti-Semitism in the past, but never have I feared for my safety until this. No one in a Western country in 2017 should have to be concerned about their security because religion, ethnicity, gender identity, and game genders preferences. Constitutionally, we are all entitled to the same rights as any other man. It's always been that way even if certain people didn't believe it at the time. Diluting this immortal declaration with fascist rhetoric, even jokingly, will only cause more pain and discourse for not only minority groups, but white people too. Equality is the only path to a truly happy and successful world. Now, despite all things, I don't dislike anyone here as I've been taught to love all, I just hope that you learn how dangerous your behavior is. Consider yourself in the shoes of a person of African descent and how you can't escape the racism even on a video game discussion board, and while I know that sounds really cheesy, it is a helpful exercise if you take it seriously. Ending here, I want to thank everyone who actually took the time to read this even if you are a troll, and to POC in particular, I apologize on behalf of white people for all these embarrassingly outdated and insensitive posts.

Sincerely, a jewish girl.

Hello bab e u want sum fuk?

I really want to play this fucking game. Everyone tell me The Witcher games are top-tier, but I personally just can't stand medieval fantasy settings, but I love scifi/cyberpunk/etc.

Yeah you can fuck right off to your honeypot shithole
/polk/ for lyfe tbh

You mean a bunch of minority children who like to larp as white nazis?

You kiddies are 2 years new at most and found this site from reddit.

Regardless of your opinion on Holla Forums it does actually own the site.

No doubt the Holla Forums cancer has spread across the whole site ever since the election. It's why almost every thread on here eventually devolves into off-topic political shitposting

Holla Forums is not Holla Forums nor is it Holla Forums

keep it vidya

Wait what? Is it going to have multiplayer? A cyberpunk GTA sounds great, but not if it's that online bullshit.

It will probably be ~fun~ on the basis that the developers have made ~fun~ games before, and that what was arguably the worst thing about The Witcher 3 (combat system which devolves into Quen+attack, dodge, quen, attack, etc.) will be replaced primarily by shooter mechanics which are broadly more difficult to fuck up than third person melee combat. The new Deus Ex games are hardly perfect, but I think that on a mechanical level, they set out a pretty googd blueprint for what CDPR should be doing with Cyberpunk. All they need to do is avoid the parts of Deus Ex HR and MD which make them feel stupid and mindless, namely the way the stealth system and instant, silent takedowns interplay.

Used it like 5 times in total, got the invincibility frames during dodging though so combat was attack, dodge spam, attack. I did use igni a lot though

Please tell me you're not serious here. Deus Ex had a midly decent story for the first game, a bit dumb one for the other, some neat aesthetics but those were the best aspects, gameplay itself was pretty terrible.

Weapons are simple with little to no detail, no decent atachments for tacticool stuff.
Hacking is dumb and simple (not a problem for DX, but fuck if that's the framework they take for Cyberpunk).
Player progression is gated by Praxis Kits that you can buy (cool to some degree) or earn with XP, which actually ruined the game.
It was fucking terrible that the most efficient way to play the game is to silently non-lethally knock everyone out for the biggest XP reward then backtrack through the ventilation shafts for the exploration reward and move forward while hacking everyone PC for even more XP.
It should have been lumps of XP everytime you finish an area and bigger lumps when you finish a quest.

If they take that as a framework, you're gonna be grinding mobs for XP with unsatisfying weapons and simple dumb mechanics for everything else. It would end up like Syndicate but your powers are gated behind how many dudes you farmed so far.

Has CD Projekt ever fucked anything up yet ?
It's a genuine question, I know only about the downgrade thing with Witcher 3, but did they ever made a major mistake ?

they got sued for underpaying their employees, that's about it.

Are you talking about the "You will have to be in constant crunsh mode to work here" thing ? Or is it worse ?

That justification goes both ways, figgits. When you're getting your head blown off, we'll tell you, "it's the current year!"

WRONG
Non-Africans have more in common with each other than Africans have with each other. Meaning that whites and Asians for example, are more closely related to each other than they are to blacks. The whole page is basically saying "Humans can't be divided into races, because Africans are too different from other races". How the fuck could you misinterpret something THIS badly.

Just look at this genetic tree, Africans split off from humans long before Asians and Caucasians split apart.

Neanderthals, bruh. Native Africans are the only people on the planet with absolutely zero Neanderthal mixture. It's at least part of the reason their skulls are so small. This means they (Africans) have been utterly isolated from every other group on the planet for at least 60 thousand years, most likely more.

everyone always underestimates Poland, you will be surprised

I heard it's not going to be 80s and 90s vision of cyberpunk, it's going to be modern. So I'm already low on hype. It's going to deal with modern social issues and all that shit and the last thing I want is to play something that reminds me of what a shit time we live in.

The fact that they're taking so long to make this "game" should imply that it's going to be shit.

Modern cyberpunk as in, what? Deus Ex tier or like just not eyebleed neon?

I can take alt-right's arguments to the extreme too. Go back to pol, stop baiting here.

And by deus ex I mean mankind divided

Every single time, you cant even call out other boards properly.

You read that as SJW pandering? I thought it was satire.

Nah, it's played completely straight but I think that pic is really nitpicky at best. Personally I only had a problem with the "its the current century" bullshit in the blood and wine expansion. That one really took me out of the game.

Better find a different hobby then, user, because it's just going to get worse.

Has there been any trailers or gameplay or even pictures since the initial announcement trailer?

Shut up, nigger.

You dumb fuck, go read Mirrorshades or the Sprawl Trilogy.

PERSONAL
RESPONSIBILITY

Quen is OP on about the same level as the Physical shield spell in the original Fable, especially if you buff it via glyphs to allow you to take more than one hit. It's not necessary by any means, but it allows for very sloppy play where you can just tank through hits with zero risk while spamming heavy attacks.

When I mentioned gameplay I meant the literal moment to moment shooting, sneaking etc. rather than the RPG systems themselves. Hacking isn't great but it's better than the implementation in a lot of other games (Bioshock pipes come to mind). Praxis gating abilities doesn't bother me either since it's just the same system basically as most RPGs? It's a skill tree where you get more stuff the more you progress. Tying MAX experience to non lethal takedowns is an abomination though, to be sure, since it encourages you not to sneak through like a ghost, but to actively knock out every single person in an area so that you can fuel your violent and kleptomaniacal urges. By design it gave extra abilities to players who didn't need them, since they were already knocking everyone out and being able to explore every nook and cranny. The games tried to "encourage" different playstyles but made it clear that violence and going in loud were basically failure states.

Weapon system was good, imo. You mention the lack of fun attachments, but that seems like the developer's lack of imagination rather than a criticism of the system itself. On the fly attachment switching ala Crysis is DXMD was nice with different ammo types too

Thing is, you can't really fuck up shooting like they fucked up combat, can you?

Shitskins and stronk wimmin have been in since the first game
Also in the books
But the faggot and crossdresser were literally pointless and there's no excuse for that shit

Why I can't post my webm?

Sure, that's not a problem at all. The problem is what "progress" is considered. I much prefer either VTMB where you get a certain amount of XP for completing quests regardless of how you do them or even ala Deus Ex 2, where you find canisters to unlock powers, rewarding exploration, bartering and also gaining them from natural progression.

mmhh… my jewdar is tingling

hype
hype
hype
It's gonna be average, you guys, I swear on my late grandmothers sweet salty… pretzels.
It's not worth taking about if it's not finished. We have enough finished games coming out every day. Fuck you hype train enablers.

I was extremely hype until I heard them say back in 2013
Which to me says they are just going to make Saints Row IV or Watch_Dogs 2.

I want Blade Runner.
Other people want Blade Runner.
It is the first fucking search result when you type in "cyberpunk movie".
"Dark hopeless world" is cyberpunk.

I don't want Deus Ex: Human Revolution either.
I want Watch_Dogs 1 in a more appropriate setting and done by a competent team.
Guy in overcoat chases down someone and shoots them.
Does detective work.
Talks to people.
Gets into a complected relationship and fucks off, the end.

Another of their quotes from 2013 however is
Almost sounds like they ARE making Blade Runner.

With their tone though it almost seems like they're going for like a Johnny Pnumonic game.
Jazzpunk with a lot less jokes.

Sure, I can see that. Like i said, the distribution of XP in the newer games and how it rewards not just stealth over combat, but clearing an entire room of enemies "stealthily" via takedown, was pretty much a disaster. They need to fix that.

Have you played Darksiders 1 or 2?
Believe me, shooting can be fucked up big time.