Hey Holla Forums

Hey Holla Forums,

What games are you looking forward to for the future?

My list is:

Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade 2
Ys VIII (with fan patch)
Cup Head
Battle Chasers
Gundam Versus
ELEX
Ruiner
Shitran Kaguart: Splatoon

Serious Sam 4
Ace Combat 7
Project Wingman
Bright Memory
Metroid Prime 4
Kirby Switch
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Smash Bros Switch
Earth Defense Force 5
Nelo
Shin Megami Tensei
Shenmue 3
First of the Yakuza
Yakuza Kiwami 1 and 2
Yakuza 6
Dragonball FighterZ
Red Dead Redemption 2
BlazBlue Crosstag Battle (Here's hoping for more franchises like Guilty Gear and KoF)

Forgot about Speebot

looking forward to user's game

Isn't that coming to the west in like three days?

Yes, but I forgot to put it in the 2017 part when editing the list

Geese in tekken
Jubei
crosstag battle
dbz fightan
cerebrawl
unist
gundam vs
fighting layer ex
white day
i'm still hopeful that mikami can get his shit together and make the evil within 2 into the hookman game we always deserved

are there any other good horror or mecha games on the horizon?

fuck you mark

I AM MARK

shit, I should've added Fighting Layer EX and unist to my list as well

Butterlord
Mordhau
whatever CA is hinting at in the future, maybe another TW that isn't WaWa
RDD 2ported for pc

I think it gets delayed by one day every time someone says they're looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to it.

Yo stop being a major fag anytime bud

>Death Stranding if only to see what Kojima can do when unshackled from Konami and to see if he truly is a hack

Death Stranding will be interesting

Waiting an entire month is gonna be pain.

Dragon Ball Fighterz I don't even like Dragon Ball but it's ArcSys and looks surprisingly good
Cuphead
BlazBlue Cross
I would be excited for Gundam Versus but I don't own a ps4 so I don't care that much.

Shit taste is a plague I see.

Fuck man I don't know what to tell you

Tell me what's so shit about hands drawn animations and old-school 2D platforming.

Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces
A Hat in Time
Super Mario Odyssey
Dusk
Robot Farms

Nothing shit about hand-drawn animation buddy.

But what IS shit is bland platforming sections with nothing going on, side-scrolling shooters where shooting isn't satisfying, boss fights that last long without enough phases to keep them interesting, and attacks with several seconds of wind-up.
This isn't "old school 2D platforming". Play Contra 3 if you want good side-scrolling shooters. Cuphead is substituting good gameplay for good art.

Come on now lad you're kidding

Wait did they release it already?

They showed more footage at Gamescom. Footage that showed the game plays like ass.

Haven't kept track of them. I only know how shit A Hat In Time is.
So do I, but I wasn't hyped for Yooka-Laylee since it was trash too.

Nigger each time they showed it gameplay looked different.
Fuck off already.

Realistically, i will only play comfy games in my free time.
I'm a good player so stuff like hollow knight is not really a challenge and still falls into the comfy category but at the same time once i face some real challenges like the arena's third phase i lose interest in the game.

Soo yeah, mario odissey

Yeah, it sure did. The platforming stages looked slow and boring, the boss-fights looked longwinded and boring, and the other boss fights looked easy as all piss.
And don't pretend gameplay looked different each time. Shit was barely any different to how it looked last time they showed it off, and they've been pushing it back for fucking yonks.

Your taste is shit
In terms of Games I want to play that's announced I'd say AC7 and Fist of the Dragon

BUTTER
LOOOOOOOORD
If it doesn't come out this year I'll retake Constantinople.

Some of the ones you mentioned like Project Wingman, EDF5 and DBFZ.
Honestly I never really pay much attention to upcoming games. Mostly so that I don't get my hopes up. I just play what catches my interest.

Sole games with actual potential on that list

Shiggy

I know Yakuza 6 is shit but what happened in the stream other than Fist of the Dragon/Yakuza

All Yakuza games are shit. I have no idea how that trash series got so popular.

Ishyddt

South Park and Underworld Ascendant.

Wait seriously?
In addition to your list I'm looking forward to Link the Unleashed Nexus RH, Sakuna of Rice and Ruin, Midair and Phoenix Point
There's also a specific game I was looking forward to but I completely forgot the name to. It was a TBT where you played counter terrorist operators and seemed to be pretty deep, but the name escapes me.