Classic Fallout thread

Classic Fallout thread.

How did you guys like Fallout 2 compared to Fallout 1? Fallout 2 feels bigger and better in some ways but I didn't like how it was full of lame jokes and silly occurrences.

Fallout 2 was the Borderlands of CRPGs.
Fallout 1 was surprisingly short and both deeper and not as deep as people made it oit to be.

Fallout 2 is better in every way. Fallout 1 is missing some of the huge quality of life improvements from 2 (shove npcs, loot all), and is seriously light on content.

Fallout 2 was better in every way EXCEPT world/story. Fallout 1 was still good.

Aliens are canon.

FO1 > FO2

I always preferred 2 over 1, mostly because of the timelimit in the original. And yeah I know you can get rid of it, but still.

Someone was working to port Fallout 1 to the improved Fallout 2 engine with the quality of life improvements. I dunno if it was ever finished.

Both games need their restoration patches. Fixes a lot of stuff and restores a lot of stuff.

I got a mega link to .isos of the original Fallout 1 and 2 discs, if anyone wants them.

I unironically like Fallout: Tactics.

Why say that?
Do people hate Fallout tactics?

A lot. Also the producer was a huge dick to the fans.

You're thinking of BoS, not Tictacs.

Both, actually. The Tactics producer made false claims in a Gamespy interview that "the game was hated, because we didn't have Ron Perlman."

Todd Howard said it's non-canonical. Midwest chapter of the BoS, not canon? Ridiculous.

That'd be nice, but I think the difference in content is the biggest thing. There's not a lot to do in Fo1.

If by aliens you mean Wanamingos.

I didn't think that was a bad game.

Bethesda doesn't get to decide what's canon or not.

???

This is my favorite character build.

The best part about Tactics is how brutal the Midwest Brotherhood is. They make Caesar's Legion look like a bunch of larpers.

Kinda mis-remembered. He did try to make Ron Perlman an issue for Fallout fans for some reason.

Shooting people in the eyes for 100% armour penetration and guaranteed crit with the fastest gun for the most attacks per turn is basically one kill per shot once your skill gets high enough.

fuck i hope obsidian makes another fallout game

I can't imagine giving up aimed shots. It and the descriptions are the best part of Fallout's combat.

Already shitting up classic Fallout thread.

I can't help but like the Enclave. They're psychos, and edgy, but they're such a badass looking organization with cool powerarmor, a good command structure and interesting origin. It's a shame they're probably never going to come back in any good way again.

…do you mean the Brotherhood?

You have just made my day, user. Been playing FO2 for a few weeks now and never knew you could do that.

Two i liked cause it introduced The Enclave and tactics was just freaking amazing, i wish it had more story and missions maybe some open world .
they should concider letting the same Fallout New Vegas team remake The Originals for ps4

Now this is an ok bait.

If you press F1 in-game, you'll get a nice infograph showing you all of the keybinds/shortcuts.

Brotherhood are alright but I like the enclaves instectoid styled power armor more. And brotherhood was never as cool as the enclave to me.

Post your Fallout stories. I'll post the one that convinced me to finish Fallout 2

This might be a common experience in FO2, but it made me laugh pretty fuckin hard when it happened

Not an interesting story but killing that first deathclaw in the cave in Fo1 was really memorable.

I like the character interactions, that's it, the rest of the games is garbage. The combat is sluggish as shit though, and there's very little side content. Unlike Morrowind for instance where you always feel like you're incapable of visiting everything, FO1 and FO2 can be finished by reading through a gamefaqs guide once. Regarding the combat and movement, they're absolutely sluggish, and Fallout 2 suffers from it the most since the game was badly designed, giving too much emphasis on walking, fighting, and even grinding with the 99 max level thing.

I've only played Fallout 1 and 2 for about 2 years and I feel like I've ate up everything the games have to offer. Unlike Morrowind which I've been playing since mid 2000's as a kid, I still can't get enough of the alchemy exploit.

I find the combat satisfying, myself. But it can feel sluggish at times, like when fighting 6 of an enemy that can't hurt you but you gotta sit and watch their turns anyway. As far as content goes I wish Fo1 had more of it in particular.

this.

Fallout 2 is like "hey mang u know where I can find a G.E.C.K.? No not a Gecko a G.E.C.K."

Fallout 1 is like "HOLY SHIT MY PEOPLE ARE RUNNING OUT OF WATER AAAAAAAHHHHHH"

I like the turn based grid idea, but the options and controls are so lacking and everything is so dependent on dice rolling. It also lacked skip and undo button. I like the animations, I like the sound effects, but the combat was so badly designed.

They're both bad, but at least FO2 was funny. I don't understand why Fallout fans worship their lore so much, there's nothing more autistic than taking some cartoon caricature seriously.

The thing that FO2 did better was having more things to do. The thing that FO1 did better was the weapon balance and amount of combat.

*Finds G.E.C.K.*
Das It Mane.

Can we take a moment to talk about the classic Fallout of our age? The GOTY edition is coming soon. It'll have free mods and blow all the other Fallout games out of the water for a second time.

They're only slightly better than the newer ones, which is to say it's shit with sprinkles as opposed to the bullshit that was Fallout 4, the dogshit of Fallout 3 and the shit called New Vegas.

Game came out over 20 years ago and was an instant classic.

My memories of the game are faded, but I remember that the death animations, setting and character building were engrossing. The free map travel, the time and world progression (necropolis and hub getting taken over) and the urgency set by the time limit, which meant the plot required attention rather than it being something left to do after having navigated the world twice over, completed all the sidequests and became master of all the guilds. That limitation annoyed me back then, although I still felt it give a lot of momentum to the plot. In a non-linear RPG it might not be a bad lesson to force a player to do what he's told is important, using time limits, rather than leaving them to do their own thing infinitely; which might be why I can't finish Skyrim or New Vegas. I liked Fallout 2 better at that age because of New Reno, but looking back FO1 was the superior game.

Man, being contrarian is just so fucking bad ass. I wish I could think everything was shit.

what the fuck do you play if you have such great taste then you autistic faggot?

Todd, fuck off.

So how are you fellas enjoying creation club?

It's easy when you learn to look at the concept of fun in a negative light!

I'll agree that Fallout 2 has some major engine improvements, and that it does have a lot more content, but I'll d isagree that it is better in every way.

Fallout 1 had a better story by miles. It was, I guess, "concice"? Fallout 2 kind of felt like they just threw in every idea they had that seemed cool at the time on top of fallout 1.

Fallout 2 was like the Beyond the Thunderdome to Fallout 1's Road Warrior.

Also, I was surprised as hell when I hit the combat button when the overseer decided to kick me out of the vault at the end of fallout 1, and it actually fucking worked. 10/10 detail right there.

When did that go live? Is it all shitty reskins and $5 weapons?

I don't play with mods.

More like Fury Road, more impressive and universally loved despite inferior.