Microsoft claims, without proof, that Xbox One X pre-order sales are record-breaking

By Brian Fagioli

The Xbox One X is an expensive upgrade to the existing Xbox One consoles. It features improved specifications, as well as the ability to run games at 4K with HDR. While the Xbox One S can output 4K, that is only for TV and movies – not games. With all of that said, you would think that Xbox One X wouldn't be terribly popular since its pricey benefits are only beneficial to some.

Well, if you thought Xbox One X was merely a niche product, you would be wrong, apparently. According to Microsoft, pre-orders for the "X" variant of its gaming console are not only selling very well but breaking records too. It claims that Xbox One X pre-orders have sold faster than ones for both the original Xbox One and Xbox One S.

"Sunday night in Germany we unveiled the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, a special edition console designed for our biggest fans. That night we launched pre-orders worldwide and we have been overwhelmed by your response. Within just a few days, we saw record-setting sell-out times and are currently sold out in many countries around the world. You, our biggest fans, have pre-ordered more Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition consoles in the first five days than any Xbox ever," says Mike Nichols, corporate vice president of Marketing for Xbox, Microsoft.

Nichols further says, "Although our fans may no longer be able to pre-order the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition in their country, we know people are still anxious to get their hands on the world’s most powerful console. We will be announcing details of the next wave of Xbox One X standard edition pre-orders next month so stay tuned for more information."

I take Microsoft's claim with a grain of salt, because as is fairly common with the company, there is no supplied data to back it up. In other words, without knowing exact pre-order numbers, we don't know how significant the sales truly are. Plus, Microsoft seems to be intentionally comparing only the "first five days" – what about over 3 days, or 4 days, for instance? It could be that the company chose "five days" as other date ranges either did not make its case or were less impressive.

Not to mention, not everyone that pre-orders a console intends to buy it, or keep it for themselves. Truth be told, I pre-ordered Xbox One X despite not wanting one, just in case I change my mind later. My plan is to cancel the pre-order before launch unless I am swayed to keep it for some unknown reason. I think many people do this nowadays, out of fear of being left out later. Let's not forget that many folks just pre-order with the intention of reselling it for a profit later. In other words, high pre-sale numbers don't necessarily signal excitement by fans.

Do you believe Microsoft's claim that Xbox One X pre-orders are so high? Tell me in the comments below.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/8d2Fs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI GIMME THE FORMUOLI

A lot of people skipped out on the xbox one for obvious and justifiable reasons. This is clearly a better machine and just perhaps they learned their lesson. My little brother will likely end up with one, he like sport games and deathmatch games that require little skill for immediate gratification. He also smells.

OP CLAIMS, WITHOUT PROOF, THAT BRIAN FAGIOLI MADE AN ARTICLE ABOUT XBOX ONE X PRE-ORDER SALES ARE RECORD-BREAKING

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI HERE'S YOUR FUCKING ARCHIVOLI archive.is/8d2Fs

(((COINCIDENCE)))???

stay on topic please

WHO CARES

Thanks based fagioli

Sad!

I can maybe believe it. Normalfags buy all kinds of retarded shit all the time.
B E H O L D 4 K

E

H

O

L

D

K

It's more likely that normalfags are actually falling for the marketing line of "most powerful console ever for reals" and the fact that the XXboner has a UHD bluray player while the PS4 Pro doesn't.

Fagioli, Fagioli.
He likes it in his buttaholi!

But where are the games, microsoft?

Not until next year goy.

Not even normalfags are this stupid

Who else wants Mark and Brian fagioli to fuck?

fuck off

I very much doubt this. This is Microsoft after all. The same dudes who thought the Kinect always being on, monitoring your body temperature, making the Xbox into an ad machine tailored to your demographics group, watching to see how many people were in the room to shut off games and movies and then complained on Twitter that people were stupid to not want DMR built in the screw over when you want to play at a friend's house or loan him a game.

reddit stop

Except this time, the Xbox will not have any actual exclusives, plus it will continue the trend of being the more expensive console on the market, which was another reason why people avoided the original XB1.

FUCKING (((Holla Forums)))

Every fucking time, his name sounds like a traditional Italian dressing where the main ingredient is semen

Italian here.
His name means "beans".
I'm confused.

Your word for beans is pretty fucking gay

Meanwhile your word for gay was so good we adopted it.
We couldn't top it.

Whoop de fucking doo, give me a call when they can use a rendering technique that hasn't been around for over a decade

4K is also a fucking stupid meme and I guarantee developers will disregard it for visuals that actually matter

Italians couldn't/can't top gay, confirmed for born bottoms.

Pretty nasty stuff tbh.
Why would you want poop on your dick

The Xbone is so fucking shit, adding "4k" to it isn't going to fix anything

I don't understand how Microsoft can fuck up a console this badly. I don't understand how they think the xbonex is going to sell when it fixes nothing
Why can't they just make some fucking exclusive games and ship systems using that, like Sony and Nintendo are doing?

Why do we keep having threads about the xbox one? No one fucking cares.

I do

this is a fagioli thread the topic is irrelevant.

Oh its that faggot it again, why even write such bullshit unless he was getting a tip from Microsoft?

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI GIVE ME THE DRAGON LOLI

it breaks the record for least number of consoles pre-ordered

wow

I thought this fat fagioli worked at MS. And I think that something jumping in Amazon listings and selling more total is a bit rash, I highly doubt they base their entire trending section on the entire lifetime of a product listing. If they did that, new products could never beat out the older ones, even the bad older ones that still sold more.

Smells like total bullshit from MS. Like they are trying to get people to jump on the XbonerX bandwagon.

He probably says it like "fajioli" like the fag he is

Yeah, because that worked out pretty well for the PS3, didn't it?

PREMIUM CONSOLES FOR A PREMIUM PRICE

DON'T FORGET YOUR ELITE CONTROLLER FOR THE BARGAIN BASEMENT PRICE OF ONLY $150 DOLLARS

They fucked it up, because they're more concerned with Apple and Google than they are with Sony. They're willing to throw the Xbox brand under the bus so long as they can use it as a stepping stone to establish their UWP/Windows Ecosystem to compete with iOS and Android mobile devices.

Except, Microsoft being Microsoft, is fucking that up too - and trying to push their ecosystem bullshit into a market that wants nothing to do with it - so the sacrifice of the Xbox is in vain.

Hey, how hung are you? I've heard Italians and French men have pretty fat fucking dicks.

How to shut a XboneX shill up- ask him about Xbox sales in JAPAN.

I think I'm the shortest person i know of, and I'm 6 inches

You should see what they've done to Windows. The best part is if you hate it now, wait 6 more months for them to do a "title update" where they fuck it up even more, remove features, and add bloatware.
Microsoft is living proof as to why America needs to stop handing out work visas like candy. Currynigger devs are subhuman trash.

I was forced to upgrade to Windows 10 and the core functions of the OS are actually pretty good.
Best thing about it is that they reworked how external monitors are managed for laptops, which was always a huge problem before for me.

I think it's a pretty good OS, apart from all the tracking stuff

Holy fucking shit!!!!

Fagioli

I know for sure my dad's longer.
Now that i think about it pretty much 90% of what's bad with my dna comes from my mother.
Polite sage for unrelated

Jesus Christ, get that man an epipen quick before his airway collapses!

I mean they're not wrong…

if you rotate that image, it looks like someone's ass

Reminder that the best game on the Xbone is a port of a furry Smash Bros clone, and the other version (PC) is superior anyway.

How the fuck hasn't he changed that surname for fuck's sake

Because that's the only reason people care about him

I bet if he wore a mask people would care who he is

Holla Forums pls

JUST FUCK MY CIA UP

And people talk shit when you have some weight around the belly.
Fagioli, fagioli, lay off the cream ravioli

Xbone literally has no gaems.
Why would you ever buy a VIDEO GAME console that fails it's primary purpose of having and playing video games?

Brand loyalty, peer pressure and multiplatforms.

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI LEWD THE DRAGON LOLI

LIL

Nah, they are actually trying to paint xbonex as trendy to sell it, because nobody gives a shit about dead consoles. Nintendo did it with switch and it worked.

most of what you are stating is contradicted by my experience with my own and friends systems. not exactly a mark of quality, but this doesnt seem to be the norm
i find it to be more accessible than the ps4 ui and everyone i know that used it says the same. may be preference.
not really
wrong
not entirely sure here, i think you can just start the game from the store if you want
never encountered that problem and i have a whole bunch of backwards compatible games
what? i wont say you didnt encounter a bug, but thats not what normally happens
citation needed
yes. its stupid that you have to buy the battery packs additionally, but they're pretty good and last for a long time. its a negative nonetheless.
welcome to console gaming 2017

A complete lack of self-awareness.

My only reason is I won't pay money for a machine that gets less than 60fps playing games. For fucks sake bring back sprite flicker but for geometry if you need to but don't ever drop below 60fps in the middle of action.

WHO PREORDER HERE?

Pedos always find a way to shoehorn their fetish on every thread it seems

>owning anything by (((microsoft)))

Well then I guess that means you are against capitalism by default. :^)

I'm sure I heard this surname before, did this guy do anything important?

Capitalism is fine, but if you support megacorporations that are propped up by international finance, you should simply kys yourself.

I mean, yes, capitalism is the best system we do have, but let's not pretend this sort of shit isn't the natural evolution of it. There's the
>the true free market has never been tried!
excuse, though.

Yeah, actually. Modern capitalism is essentially the same materialistic cult as communism and equally as destructive to society. It's not surprising, since both were invented by Jews.

All of that can be forgiven, except for being a fat fuck. And…

Not getting it changed is just a sign of masochism.

In light of the above, it's likely an abusive relationship - if not him just being a downright cuck in an "open" (to all but him) relationship. And if you've even been brave enough to read/listen to stories on how fat people attempt penetration… yeah, I'd rather be a monk than engage in the soul-crushing exercise of what passes for fat people coitus.

Are you retarded? Millions of people have been lifted out of poverty across the world due to capitalist systems. Communist systems are only good at killing millions of people.

I will always remember him as the guy who covered a whole computer with cheese slices.

Drown yourself in semen, you worthless fucking marxist kike. Literally no one is stupid enough to believe you.

Well, we don't know that because it's never been tried in a non-shithole country before. Lots of people really enjoyed Tito's regime though, before USA interfered.

Also
nice meme. now how many have died under lovely capitalism?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

like fucking pottery

You don't want to know the truth.

You can`t just come in a thread and post this.

Real communism has never been tried!!1!

We don't know that because drinking chlorine has never been tried in a developed country before. Lots of people really enjoy the taste of it though, before they died.

Also
nice meme. now how many have died from your lovely magnesium?

Stirner hated Marxism as much as anything else, and under his philosophy we would be morally righteous in braining you.

Should be a loaf of bread instead.

Pathetic.

between fears of red ring 2.0 and the laughable messes that got revealed at its e3 debut, I can't imagine it would be terribly difficult to break the xbone preorder record

nice meme. now how many have died under lovely communism? :^^^)))
No, but seriously, fuck your bait.

This image literally doesn't talk about communism. It talks about Stalin. It's the same as saying capitalism is bad because you don't like (insert any capitalist leader here), or some capitalist country waged an unjust war (surely I don't need to list examples).

nothing in there was about the xbox one x. good reading comprehension, you retard.

Fagiolo Fagiolo it burns my cornolio.

real communism has never been tried, ergo it has never killed anyone.

Woah

"HDR" is now most often used to refer to new displays that can output a greater range of light intensity, at both ends of the spectrum. Deeper blacks, basically. It doesn't mean the software technique. The vocabulary around these new displays is confusing to a lot of people, unfortunately.

Faggot.

please kill yourself pedoshit

So your mother is the one with the short dick is what you're saying.

FAGIOLI FAGIOLI GIVE ME THE BOTNETIOLI

Just admit that this kind of thing doesn't look so bad.
At least to yourself.

Because it was state capitalism the entire time right?