Open world game

Do normalfags really find walking around for hours collecting the same shit a thousand times in a copy pasted level to be fun?

Yes.

wow great thread OP fantastic!

/thread

anyone who posts below mine should be banned and killed for even trying to discuss further.

pls dont ban or kill me

normalfags are all spazoids who just need the equivalent of digital keys jangled in front of their face for an hour to consider a game entertaining so yes

Why don't they just walk around outside then? You can find random cool real life things by just going on a trail or walking around a town.

That requires effort. Also all my friends told me about this popular thing called video gays and i want to get in on it so I'm not left out

I can see the bait but I'll go ahead and bite.

You have to have ebbs and flows to games. If there's nothing but non stop action the person will get burnt out. Properly balancing action and downtime is the key to creating a compelling experience.

With open world games the trick is to finding how to fill up the game with exciting things but not cramming it too close together. Using Zelda breath of the wild as a an example- you have a fight, explore, cook, puzzle solve, fight more etc. etc.

The thing is the actions are varied enough both in intensity and complexity. Exploring isn't terribly intense or complex but it's gratifying to discover something new. When you finish climbing a mountain and there's a monster on the top or a puzzle to solve that's satisfying and pays off the exploration with a different kind of stimulation. it varies gameplay and keeps the game engaging. That's a pretty good example I think. Not the greatest game but not a bad game.

That requires people going outside into the sun. Sunlight causes cancer. Also there are niggers outside in many places. You don't get any prizes for killing niggers like monsters in a video game. You just go to jail and get raped into aids assisted death.

Honestly there's reason to outside in this day and age.

It’s almost as though Holla Forums is actually right about the things they say. How about that.

Yep, GTA clones used to be all the rage but making generic fantasy landscapes with nothing in them turned out easier than making even a shitty looking city filled with traffic.

I would report this thread for being a template and duplicate thread, but 8/v/ is the cancer now so why do I care.

At least the GTA games have some kind of penalization thing in place that ramps up the difficulty with the more carnage you cause. Most open world games now have you just float around and kill literally everything with zero resistance.

yep. tried playing all the Elder Scrolls games recently. they are all trash and I have no idea how Jewsthesda actually keeps making money. aside from brainlet normalfags

what magical fucking land do you live in

is the board really slow atm for anyone else?

wow thats my kind of game

Do we really need this thread every day?

no, that's why they buy those games

fify

You know, open world wasn't an insta red flag long ago. Back when it wasn't a genre in itself
But now

Why?

who are you quoting

this

JC2 was better than BoTW tbh.

I don't know, man. Why could people react to two completely different games in different ways? Also worth mentioning is that JC2 was specifically designed to be a fucking around simulator where you're explicitly expected to cause a bunch of chaos unlike in many other open world games where you're punished for it, and that it both looks and runs great. I get the feeling that not many devs understand that what made JC2 so popular was that you were given your sandbox and told to go do whatever the fuck you want in it, unlike other open world games that try to take themselves seriously and limit the player too much.

Is that an N64 game?

Worse.

How do people defend this in 2017?

Brand loyalty does things to your brainage.

I don't generally want to take part in useless shitposting but…
Nice compressed and specifically picked false image you got there

It looks as barren as dq8 for ps2 and that game came out a decade ago.

Here's a better image.

Women do, going around a large map and picking things up is a lot like cleaning which is why women enjoy that sort of gameplay so much.
That's also why the combat and character building elements are so shit, because women aren't good at it.

Right, and cooking.

On an instinctive level, real women do enjoy housekeeping work like cleaning, cooking and childcare.

I think the men before that coddled those instincts out of them long ago, now women are just bitchy loud and useless aside from their child birthing capability

The instinct are still there on some level, hence why they enjoy "looting"(cleaning), "crafting"(cooking) and why women tend to navigate via landmarks whereas men navigate via Absolute Direction. What these women need is a 11/10 celebrity with millions of dollars and a 20 inch dick to be satisfied, and it's all thanks to the way women compare themselves to celebrities.

Are you a woman too?

Open-world games are usually cheap relatively mindless "fun" that's easy to get into after a hard day at work or if you've slept badly or just dont have the energy to play anything more complex because your diet is shit and all that.

Maybe im a normalfag but after hard day of work when im mentally tired of having to interact with normalfags i'd rather relax and play some Oblivion or even fucking Skyrim than some 2deep4u 10hour linear corridor-shootan and the likes.
well okay not Skyrim, that game is not THE shit, it's A shit!

I enjoy openworld sandboxy games with building features for that reason too, just like being in a zen sand box making lines to relax and to enjoy.

That's why I enjoy Rimworld or Prison Architect.

This is one reason i've taken liking to Jrpg's lately, even though you have these "epic"-boss battles and such every once in a while there's plenty of what you said downtime in the midst.
Even if it's nothing but having to fight a few dozens of monsters to get to the next objective it's still better than being constantly bombarded by shit i dunno… stimulus? Like in some corridor-shooters there's someone constantly yelling at the mic in your ear or the enemies are talking some shit for the sake of making the world more believable or something or the areas just being TOO "detailed"(cluttered) that it's a constant sensory overload or something like that.

I like Skyrim. I just wish that the game had more over the top and intricate exploit system like Morrowind. You could become literally invincible for a few weeks through alchemy and just jump into the air with custom jump spell instead of walking. Skyrim has nothing quite like it, it feels a bit more pointless.

Unpopular opinion, but I'd rather play Fallout 4 instead of Oblivion and Skyrim. It has better combat, more progression, and better radiant quests.

Do normalfags really find walking around for hours in the same shit line a thousand times in a copy pasted level to be fun?

Shit game tbh, 2/10, Earth sucks.

Yeah.
People've forgotten how to do a good open world game.
It's a damn shame.

I miss colorful 3d platformers. I hope Crash's success makes them come back. And no, collectathons don't count. No platforming, but at least you have a more open world!