Germans shit all over themselves. Decide to take another poop

Remember X:Rebirth? They're sure hoping you don't!

Sorry but I don't know how to webm youtube videos over 3 minutes without going over the size limit.

Put thr name of thr game in the subject tab you fuck, its not that hard.
I hope they don't fuck up

Will they sell cheap webcams for 399?

X: Rebirth had most of its problems fixed. Just saying. It's still being updated to this day, which is mighty rare for a single player game.

You're too negative about it op. Maybe it will be just as good as x3.
Those are good news.

Starcitizen on suicide watch.

But is it any good?

mediocre, but still better than it was before and its an actual game unlike another Space Sim.
Dangerous is also multi only so its fills a niche.

Hopefully this time they won't meddle with Deep Shitter and instead go with Nordic/NuTHQ

Did they fix not being able to change ships?

Judging from the fact they left exploration intact, it will be X:Rebirth 2: Attack of the Fatt Howard edition.

They basically did X:Rebirth as a proof of concept for the new engine and now they're porting it to Vulkan and adding proper X things, like that map. The map looks nice and useful.

This is what X: Rebirth should've been. If they hadn't done that and released X4 directly, the community would be much more accepting.

hell, they are even using vulkan, i hope this game saves space vidya.

Its actually good they didn't named "x:rebirth" an X4 game.

Just look at all those white males except for one beaner. This developer's team needs some diversity.

I'll wait to see if this'll be a proper sequel, dev promises or autist bitching mean nothing to me until the final product is actually released. The space sim genre is dead and albion prelude was the last good thing released nearly 6 years ago considering how much of an abortion rebirth was.

and we just wait

Cant wait for Star Citizen

Yeah I'm not going to make the same mistake again. The game looks good, but I'm not preordering, no way.

How do you stop X games getting boring after you become rich? I had an income in the millions from trading and felt like I beat the game.

You sound like such a fucking shill, holy shit.
Also:
>>>/furry/

Trying way too hard to fit in kid.

Holy shit, he actually does look like a fat Todd.

See that asteroid? You can mine it.

Go back to /retard/

Ross would be alright if he had better hairline

I was actually cautiously optimistic about this, but the way that they're hyping the "walking around" shit is sitting off massive red flags.

Why are the graphics so shit? It looks like it was made in Unity for console and mo.. oh fuck, this is just Rebirth 2 isn't it. God dammit.

X community always shits the bed whenever a new X game comes out because features they liked in the previous game got cut out. I enjoyed Rebirth for what it was, a remaster of BTF with better art direction and I think the biggest X game to date.

That said, I'm kinda sad they are focusing on the first person walk em'up sections in the stations again. It was the dumbest thing added in Rebirth and all it did was siphon precious resources away from designing better game mechanics or ship interiors. But then again, this is Egosoft, they're not know for good game mechanics in the first place. I hope commanding a cruiser sized ship is better now though. I always thought it stupid how flying a fighter and flying a capital ship handles exactly the same except for the speed of turning and rate of acceleration. They should have an option where you can fly the large ships like how you can control the ships in Homeworld.

What do you mean it cost 499 dollars goy? Its exact price is 599 US dollars.

why oh why did they leave ship walking in. JUST MAKE IT LIKE X3 FOR FUCKS SAKE. Ship walking adds too much bloat to the game and I could give two shits about it.

The station building UI looks nice compared to X3. I don't have high hopes for this. Egosoft keep fucking up.

Fucking kill yourself.

So they removed space lanes and made all ships playable?

If not, fuck off.

(checked)
underrated post

What's the issue with the space lanes aside from them being way too long?

Shiet a spess game that isn't a fundraiser, that's a plus :^)

The video kinda missed the point on what the fans or any player of Tycoon games care about and instead focused on this stupid free walking that has super high fatigue save for maybe the bridge.

The new mapis it? I didn't play Rebirth and station building look like the actual lifesavers though and more dynamic factions also sound good.

I hope they have some nice music again

What's been revealed so far has my various autisms satisfied; it looks like it's got everything I'd wanted (a better map, unfucked economy wrt rebirth, and better station building) from an X game, plus some extra shit I don't care about (seamless first person ship and station walking simulator experience). And Vulkan support apparently, which is nice.

Let's see how they inevitably manage to fuck this up spectacularly, and then spend years patching into a useable state.

Well aside from station exploration. I still don't know what the fuck they were thinking when they made that in the first place, let alone decided to keep it in for X4. Mercifully you could mod rebirth so that you only had to see one piece of the station to get it explored.

Hopefully it's just placeholders. Aside from the general dearth of small ship types and the mid-2000s-tier shader usage, X rebirth's art direction was pretty good, and probably the one area that egosoft has consistently improved at.

mods

ayyyy here is a (you)

talk to people, take missions and shit.

consoles.

I do wonder how the re-imagined aliens will look

So things we would normally do in a menu? That's it?

It's baby steps towards a full fledged astronaut simulator.

You're furries in denial.

but muh inmersion, user! i hope the community adds some animoo girls mod later on

You got a point, but it looks like what they've done here is just continue developing Rebirth.
Judging by the improvements they've been introducing (mainly bringing back elements from X3) since the absolute shit launch, this is a good thing. Probably.

I agree.
Exactly. They develop games by trial and error. It's surprising that they haven't gone bankrupt yet.

In the stream they said they aim to do some beta testing this year and release in 2018. That means around 2020 there will be a decent game to play.

FAGGOT CONFIRMED

i had the game and correction over some deal
but somehow I just can't into to much of that game, like after the first hour it already gets kind boring

If it wasn't why put them on though?

it was only one bad game, user.

Don't you have a ladyboy to suck off?
What are you doing here?

I'm looking forward to X4 actually. Rebirth was improved to the point where it's actually fun with mods now.

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng my x3 boner is rising again, I really need another x game, but rebirth soiled the experience for me.

This shit will get old FAST, unless you make 100 unique space stations this is just a waste of dev time. I just want autistic empire building, better AI that doesn't sucide ON A FUCKING ASTEROID and better ways to tactically control a battle of huge spaceships. It seems like they wasted so much effort on first person stations that they simply cannot drop it, sunken cost fallacy and all that shit.

Is the cherry on top of the cake the sole reason you wanna eat a cake?

Wait what? Is this a real thing? SC selling webcams now?

Does Roberts know webcams can create .jpegs? Is he aware he's giving people the means to compete with his cash cow?

I just want outjew teladi and build impenetrable fortress on a edge of the Galaxy while piloting biggest Xenon ship.

Well for a long time, they were the only ones doing space sims. It's very easy to survive in a market you have a brief monopoly on.

X:Afterbirth had all the features I was looking in for a space game, but absolutely no content and was boring as fuck

Biggest problem I have with space games is that almost none of them simulate space but rather are just simulating underwater without the water. That's why moving around in space is boring as fuck. Devs need to learn more about orbital mechanics.

Flying in space with realistic orbital mechanics is tough and time consuming. If you haven't already, try it out on Space Engine. I certainly would like X games like that, but it would be much more tedious.

Minigames turned out to be a lot less fun than free flying. Who'd have guessed.

The lanes are just a way for the game to load assets. It's the functional equivalent of the gates in previous X games, you can still fly freely after you disembark. My issue with the game is the physics and the damn AI. Fucking AI magically shits out units out of thin air. It breaks the economy.

I certainly would be interested to see X with a realistic flight model but it's not like that would be a thrill to play either hell you would be controlling your ship even less than you already do in an X game because who wants to do a pretty complicated approach and dock more than twice?

Faggot.

The lanes are nothing like the gates as there is no flying through open space anymore unless you want to waste time. It's just warping from one generic borg station to another with none of the EMERGENT GAMEPLAY of the previous games.
And yeah, the AI was bad even for an X game.

try KSP instead

what I would like to see is some game similar to The Expanse universe

I don't know where this 1 came from

I don't want to get excited and get kicked in the dick after, but god damn I can't not get excited.

It seems that I own these games, but have never actually played them :-S

Which one is the best?

I'd say X3AP.

play X3AP to get the basics of playing it then get an overhaul mod like Litcube Universe or some other (there are a few).

X3AP is best overall as it has far fewer rough edges, but I don't like that the series had become hopelessly unbalanced and casual by then. X2 lacks ridiculously stupid things like the MK3 trader (a hopelessly overpowered player mod now part of the game), missions that pour millions on you, a plot that showers you in crazy gear and beyond high end ships for free, and new ships for sale that are way out of line with everything else (springblossoms, M7Ms, prototypes, etc.).
In X2 you traded your way up and built stations to finance your operations. In X3AP that's all pointless and you get millions almost for free and will be riding around in a plot corvette within hours. The only reason you build stations in X3AP is because you have so much high end shit that you can't keep it all armed and need your own shield and missile fabs. The kind of user that will say "yeah but trading your way up is boring" tells you what happened here - the series was casualized and went after a new audience that doesn't like that kind of game. It's why they thought Rebirth would work, as it already had.

I am downloading X3:AP at the moment.

I tried to load up X2. It just dumped me in space, but I couldn't even find a menu that explained what all the hotkeys did.

X2 doesn't hold your hand and it expects you to take initiative and find your way. It's not suitable for modern gamers.
It's not a perfect game by any means (if an old X2 player claims they never left it in SETA while AFK they're filthy liars), but the design is closer to what it should be than X3.

Have you ever even had a cherry bakewell tart?

KSP has a lot of other stuff I'm not interested and the graphics aren't my style either. All I want to do is fly around when ever I want so I just use Space engine instead.

What about Rouge System? It seems to get the flying mechanics right

Yeah, that game is coming out in 2030 but with little content or with full content but in 2077.

>this is a (((german))) developer

Did you hear his accent? He probably grew up in UK. Anyways, why do you faggots who always bring up race/ethnicity act like cars and planes hasn't been invented yet?

Why do you think a brown person is a legit "brit/nazi"?
You are the defect one.

It's not Ross fault, every part of him is long. Long legs, long arms, long torso, long hair, long head, long forehead. It's just part of who he is.

He had a weird accent I couldn't pin point but he spoke in english so I assumed he's from that clusterfuck of a place. It was logical considering people haven't stayed in one part of the world since carts and boats were invented.