Titan Fall 2 flopped

So EA will just continue milking their dead series until they themselves bleed to death?

But Titanfall 2 is the only fps released in the last ten years by EA that has a growing userbase, shits legitimately good and sanic fast, not lawblunders meme fast.

If it's as good as the second game then I'm hyped.

What's good about it?
Specifically, why would i consider it after a terribly underwhelming first game?

Like pottery

The best single player campaign in ages. Its hard not to spoil but theres certain elements that make it a bit short -not like splatoon short- but when you unlock abilities that do things in real time no other game has been able to do its really cementing itself as enjoyable.
Beyond that no season pass, all maps and mech updates are free, only monetisation is shitty cosmetics that look worse than free ones. Combat is fucking fast and vertical. Basically imagine shit infinite warfar and lawbreakers tried to shill and make it a reality and not a dumb meme.
The mechs are customisable and super fun to play, it just added a co-op horde mode for free out of nowhere the other day and its a goddamn hoot fighting waves of mechs to defend a point and the unlocks are fair and balanced.

It is just a very very good fps game both online and in campaign that does not scam you with microtransactions. The only one this gen and maybe last.

-bare in mind im on ps4 and not having to deal with origin.

this kind of sums up some stuff better

It's clockwork.
Who the fuck says "like pottery?"
This post made me incredibly angry.

Agh…

Hopefully. Hopefully they remove hitscan from the game, and every gun behaves like Wingman.

The movement has loads of depth even without the grappling hook. The grappling hook can launch you across the entire map if you strafe and slingshot yourself correctly. It uses a modified source engine so it has the quirk of speeding your movement up while strafing.
I'd post my epg kill spree but I lost it somewhere. I know someone else saved it.

I honestly think the quality of the campaign is overblown. Might be because I got used to fighting pilots and non-ai titans and replaying it I found it too easy.

They made a sequel to the flopped Dragon Age 2, and are making a sequel to Inquisition, the sequel to the flopped game, which also flopped, like its predecessor. At this point the industry is so afraid to get outside the box, or incapable, they're just remaking the same shit and hoping it sells.

We're still never getting another armored core regardless though.

You're dedicated, I'll give you that.

There was nothing really wrong with TF2, just EA was fucking stupid thinking that releasing it between two of the biggest normalfag games of the year was a good idea

It was part of EA's marketing strategy so Titanfall 2 and Battlefield One would both sap as much sales from the newest Call of Duty (which one was it again?) as possible to make Battlefield 1 look better in comparison since BF1 got a greater marketing push, while TF2 was intended as a de facto meatshield and EA didn't particularly care about invading the creative process so it could appeal to casuals more

But this meant it was quarantined from chads which move from one game their streamer influencers told them to 'get hype' about then the next while TF2 just grew naturally based purely on being a good game in an age where fps games are largely dogshit. Its no F.E.A.R in terms of [TECHNOLOGY] but its the most fun since.

And they didn't market it at all. I only knew it released because Holla Forums mentioned it and some controversy about a black pilot or something.

I really don't think it's fear and it's more contractual obligation. They counted their chickens before they hatched.

It's a huge step up from the first game and still has a dedicated playerbase, despite the lack of marketing. The universe is also surpisingly fleshed out and has a lot of detail put into it.
Alas, EA only makes bad calls, so there probably won't be a sequel. Last I saw in an interview their stance on it was "we'll see." If there is, chances are they'll meddle with the development and tank the studio like they usually do.

What black pilot? None of the characters in Titanfall 2 are nogs.

Well bare in mind Mass Effect is Dead along with Mirrors Edge and Dead Space. They are running out of original ip's to milk.

They said Mass Effect was criticized "too harshly" and that they'll try and continue the IP. Like I said, they seem to deliberately kill off their good ones while keeping the bad around. I don't quite get it.
If they run out of IPs to milk, maybe they'll have a temporary period again where they try to make actually decent stuff.

I honestly just feel bad for Respawn because they went from getting fucked by Activision to getting fucked by EA.

Remember the last few years with EA. Operation 'hide behind the rainbow curtain' and after andromeda the danger hair brigade is turning on them in full on "But you were the woken one!" rrrreeeee'ing. They need to make bullshit half promises to give them a bullshit sense of hope to keep thinking they were the woke consumer and EA is their ally.

that guys a nigger, he doesn't know what he is talking about. He probably sees that a game is fast and automatically assumes it's a good game.

If it flopped and they're still making another game that'd imply there's a contract for a certain number of games. Which I don't doubt, it happened to Destiny, it happened to Dark Souls, now Titanfall.

might as well called it Doom clone user

I wouldn't mind as long as they make another single player campaign as good as the second one.

Titanfall 2 as far as I'm guessing didnt really fail. It's in this weird middle ground where I doubt it was a success like EA hoped but didnt do badly enough to be considered a bomb. There's also several factors EA is aware of like TF2 having the best consumer satisfaction of any game they've put out, good critical scores, a rising playerbase after the Monarch's Reign update, and the game arriving to EA Access.

No, it doesn't play like doom at all.

Are we getting raided?

I saw a speedrun of it on ESA, it actually did look like a sanic fast game, it looked fun as shit. It made me want to speedrun the fuck out of it since there was nothing in that game to slow you down but cutscenes. But it's on Origin.

And it doesn't play like CoD at all, either. Guess we're both back to square one, huh? Maybe you'll have an actual argument this time.

Nah, welcome to spending too much time on imageboards. You come in and everything is bright and shiny, eventually that effect wears off and realize that everything is really covered in shit and the food is literal shit. Eventually you move on to another imageboard and the cycle repeats.

You either stop going to imageboards or kill your self. Death is the only escape from the shit.

No they fucking aren't.

What's wrong with it, then?

Gotcha fam.

Oh wow, if you give COD robots it doesn't play like COD. It plays exactly like it.
Look at this screenshot. It looks exactly like fucking COD. It's COD but with Mecha added.

It's not that bad comparatively, but the movement is too difficult for normalfags to appreciate.

I actually know someone who works at Respawn and he pretty much told me they are working on a sequel. I know you have no reason to believe a random user on the internet but since I dont care about the series either way, just know as of now they still are. Expect it next E3.now they still are. Expect it next E3.

This is good bait.

random features thrown together, not hard to perform.

Nice argument user. Everything I said was true.

To be fair, it did really well considering releasing right after a bunch of AAA major releases with huge marketing budgets

EA even shot it in the foot releasing BF1 with a huge market budget and giving a sliver to TitanFall2

And this webm looks nothing like CoD. What's your point?

Exactly, it's COD with mechs and you don't even have a mech most of the time. Also as far as mech vidya goes it's the most simple.

Thanks, m8. I don't think it's anything to brag about but it's probably the only thing of worth I did while capturing footage.

How is it not COD?

Yeah, that's the problem. It's made for normalfags, but too difficult for them.

It's a good and original COD that most of Holla Forums enjoys playing. So what's your argument?
Nigger COD copied TitanFall. If you ever got arsed to play the game you would know it's fun and actually good.

So what's your next argument you massive autist?

zzzzzzz

This is an English-language board. Speak English.

Provide a single reason as to why the titan gameplay is less valid than the pilot gameplay.

Don't reply to bait.

I'm gonna give him one more chance.

One general doesn't mean most of Holla Forums
Except all that shit that Titanfall copied from COD like most of it's gameplay.

Not an argument drone

Exactly, COD with mechs.

I know none of you fuckers have played a Shooter outside of modern shit but if you play something else you will realize that it is literally just fucking COD with mechs.

But why?

Titanfall just needs higher tick servers.
Other than that, the sheer catharsis of moving fast and being able to wall run makes it all worth it.
The game has grappling hooks and mech suits. Whats the problem here?

not an argument, lul zzzzzz

So did the new COD. That didn't make it good. If you want fast why play a reskinned COD when you can play Unreal Tournament or Tribes?

Neat. Bye.

Because I'm a masochist, apparently. At least the filter option works today.

Half the game isn't being in a mech. That is your reward for getting an ultrakill. Even then it's still just COD with mechs like
pointed out.

Who invited the JIDF?

Unreal or Tribes don't have mechs.

They only just ended their content updates, I don't think Respawn will make another Titanfall for at least another year or two.

Tell me about it. I'm impressed they altered the Source engine enough to process ticks differently, and Respawn clearly has some of the best interpolation in the business, but the game is definitely hampered by low tickrates.

If you wanted to play a Mech shooter there are a lot of better options.

COD was invented by the people who make Titanfall.
COD:BO3 only has wall running because of Titanfall
You clearly haven't played BO3 because its still a slow as shit campfest with small maps.
Titanfall is an aggressive arena style shooter with COD elements mixed in.
If Titanfall was just a fast paced version of COD with wall running i would play it
BUT
It's got
Its a fine game. Like i said, it just needs high tick servers.

So? Wall running doesn't make a game good. If you want Wall running why not play UT which is actually a good game that also has Wall running.
Just like Titanfall compared to any good shooter.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

UT wallruns and slides are slower and it's is a slower game than TF2 overall. It also has the obnoxious as fuck dodge mechanic.

I think OP's made it clear he's a faggot not interested in video game discussion.
Ehh, not really. The maps are greyboxed before being "filled" by artists, but they do still have that fill rather than the abstract combat arenas in, say, Quake or Doom.
I love watching Titanfall 1 players whine about how the slide "killed" the movement system by introducing a new factor to it and making it possible to build speed without a wall. FrothyFaggot's hour-long cry about the "state of the game" was funny for just that reason.

For posterity's sake, the guy who said that thought "mech" specifically referred to slow, lumbering chassis like in BattleTech and old Starsiege games.

decent bait, but youve done better zzzzzzzzzz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy shit you are so underage it's amazing.

oh i'll check it o-

Objectively wrong.
1v1 me in the A R E N A
Define it then. If you say "call of duty clone" then define what call of duty is.

Mechwarrior, Steel Battalion, Hawken etc. are a completely different genre.

They are arena style. You have to have wider corridors to accommodate the titans.

Why do you keep repeating the same meme? It's getting boring now -_- zzzzzz

Wut.
If you're talking about the last one, that's only for the minigun with it's shards or a small maneuver that doesn't get you as far as what can be seen in Titanfall.
And besides, UT is slow. It's a good game but it's for another type of gameplay.

Unfortunately user, you're arguing with an autist. I'll pass you this information:
This faggot goes to threads about any modern shooter just to talk shit about it. Be it Titanfall or Overwatch or anything else.
Even Devil's Dagger or Dusk has him chimming in about how those are terrible games.
According to autismus maximus, everyone should be playing Doom and Quake forever and no other game because nothing compares and you can't possibly get bored of playing the same thing ever again.

That is assuming those aren't just sacred cows he uses to pretend there's a point to his ranting and he isn't railing on videogames for the sake of complaining, of course.

Regardless, he always does the same thing. Show up in a thread, compare a game with some other less popular game and claim it's the same thing, nitpick about some feature he doesn't fully understand but it grinds his gears and then spend the whole thread reposting image\webm after image\webm that everyone already saw 500 times before because he thinks that's an argument that convinces anyone.
Whenever he's arguing, he'll claim to have the backing of the majority of the board always, regardless if he does or doesn't. Literally "we" posting.

There's no point in arguing with him, it just feeds him attention. He is doomed to never be happy because he will never be satisfied with any videogames ever since they aren't carbon copies of the games he likes, and even if they were, it'd feel pointless to him playing those games when he could be playing the original.

Don't loathe him, pity him and then put a filter on him. We don't have to suffer along side with him.

UT has walljumping and Wallrunning.
You mean in an actual Arena shooter or your COD clone?
Low TTK, Regenerating health, ADS, Perks, minimap, gooey eyes, skill streaks, the works.

You can wallrun in UT user.

I knew Titanfall fags were also Overdrones. I am liking this thread. Keep saying retarded shit and shilling a bad game. If Holla Forums is going to be full of casuals at least they better be fun to laugh at.

And you're a faggot that only played one of the two games I mentioned. What's your point?

I played the Titanfall Beta, I played the early CODs up to 4, I played UT, I have played Tribes. What games have I not played?

Doesn't seem to compare to how far or how fast it goes in Titanfall. Mind you, I haven't tried it, just going from what I see in the webms.

What I do know about UT since I've tried them all up till 3, is that UT is about precision of movement and not really speed. Compared to Quake or standard arena shooters it's a lot slower both in movement speed and the techniques you have to increase it.

UT is about timing dodges and using them to access new routes to move around fluidly, not necessarily fast.

Coincidentally, I've tried Xonotic recently. You wanna talk about regenerating health and low TTK, then I guess you're arguing that Xonotic is another CoD clone?
Come to think of it, many arena shooters have a very short TTK, does that make them CoD clones too, or is that not a characteristic that matters?

Bad way to argue. He can claim he played any game at all and even that his father works for Nintendo. That really doesn't help much.

He doesn't get that people actually like the mashup of mechanics.
He doesn't get that the newer Unreal and Quake games are uninteresting

lmao

You have to be shitting me.
pro-tip: I don't want to play Unreal after 2004, or Quake after 3
Why aren't you playing GL quake you massive faggot?

I'm flattered that you pointed out
because
I bought the game for multiplayer you enormous faggot. singleplayer is like free dessert. Take it or leave it, its a fun little time kill.

I'm fine with that. Titanfall 2 is the best modern Multiplayer FPS on the market. If they improve on it more and keep the free updates I'd be down for a sequel.

The new Quake does seem like a lot of retardation by design. The concept of classes really doesn't work very well in a "1v1 fite me fgt".
Last I heard, that shit was unbalanced as fuck and it's embarassing to even try it, even worse than Lawbreakers.

However Unreal I haven't heard anything negative, only that it doesn't do enough of new things, which is weird considering it seems quite different from the previous games.
UT3 I get people not playing it since it's aesthetics were utter shit (but the Necris vehicles were pretty cool and the Assault mode revamp was cool too)
I've been meaning to try it actually, but now I kinda want to try Titanfall too, seeing the webms about the grappling hook and whatnot.

Someone else said something about the AI forces and there seems to be common soldiers walking about. Are those just for show and so you have something to kill every now and then or are they part of the gameplay proper and a threat you have to consider?

Compare that video to this one

TF2.

True, I'll stop arguing completely.

Forgot the video.

Everyone has played TF2 user.

There's a DRM-free crack of the single player if you want to get your feet wet.
They aren't really a threat unless you're truly awul. The robotic infantry (stalkers & spectres) can be threatening because they're tougher and stalkers explode, but they're mostly just fodder. Reapers are mini-titans which are designed to threaten titans and pilots alike.

The AI forces are part of the gameplay loop of Titanfall, but they almost always stay on the ground and many game modes do not feature them (hardpoint, CTF, last titan standing, pilots only). The best mode involving them is bounty hunt, since that elevates them from fodder to an objective which can be contested.

I don't see any reason to play a new version of quake.
I'm not really a fan of Overwatch, or Hero shooters in general so i don't get why Quake needs to be associated with such things.

UT: I just don't care. I consider it an extension of their engine development. I'm going to go download the latest version and check it out.

You haven't defined how its a clone.
You haven't stated how it being a clone would be a bad thing
You also haven't explained why you don't like COD or Titanfall really. You're just upset its not, what? UT4? What game are you shilling for?
i could say that Titanfall is a quake clone if i wanted to, but i don't because it really doesn't play like a particular clone of anything.
Vid related.

see
It also has a nearly exact same art style.

The AI forces are there to give you titan meter/up your score or core meter (giant laser, rocket barrage etc.) when you're in a titan. Most of them are braindead, and the only real threat are the Reapers. They're a bitch to kill outside of a titan but give a lot meter if you do, more so than pilots.

If you're having a bad match you can contribute by killing them and it's worth your time and effort.

Ignore the fact that Yoji Shinkawa is one of the main designers, and Kojima is the maker of both games
Ignore the fact CliffyB was one of the main developers of UT
This is what you sound like. You sound completely unhinged.

So let me get this straight.
But
So what do you want?
What do you want

I really hope the playerbase expands now that the game is on origin access, I literally haven't played anything except attrition in the last month.

Deathstranding hasn't shown any real gameplay so we don't know yet. Titan fall on the otherhand has shooting mechanics identical to COD.

No, but it was the first to popularize ADS with gooey eye regenerating health.
Which put those in to be more like COD
A game that doesn't have shit shooting mechanics. Regenerating health is shit, ADS is shit, low TTK is shit, Perks are shit, skill streaks are shit.

I know. The only thing that really prevented me from pirating was the 50gb meme. Large file sizes are much better DRM than Denuvo will ever be.
I wasn't thinking about filling up 50gb for a singleplayer game, but the multiplayer seems fun too, so I'll probably give it a try sometimes.

Because it sets the bar for arena shooters and everyone that wants to criticize any new multiplayer shooter without actually presenting an argument will always ho "Aha! It's not as good as this other game!"
Yes, it's silly, they aren't even the same genre but that's how "arguments" go.

I already told you. He wants a not-Quake that has the same weapons, the same levels, the same enemies and the same netcode but called Kuaqe.
It's not unlike BLM and assorted "revolutionaires", all they want is the revolution, the fight. They never though very much on what their goals are, just that things used to be one way that they prefered and now things are different and their life purpose is to opose it.

You press a button and bullets come out? Stop the fucking presses, user!
All webms posted in this thread so far have shown dudes killing fags without ever using ADS, which I assume it slows you down so it's really not something you want to do on the move.

The regeneration… Well, I could go on and explain to you why it's neither worse nor better than using health pickups, that it's used to reached a different type of gameplay where you don't fall back to certain points to regenerate because map control isn't what they go for, at least not that kind of map control.
But what's the point, you probably would still prefer that there be floating medkits around for health or you probably haven't even conceived a way to recover health at all, you just hate regeneration because everyone else does, not because you understand the effects of regeneration for combat.

Subjective.
Health Pickups aren't better. They are different in terms of gameplay, force you to retreat to recover and slow the game down.
It's also optional and none of it is present in the webms posted.
And present in arena shooters too. How many railgun shots or rockets did it took to kill someone?
They are customization options. I get that you want to play the exact same game and the exact same character in every single match, but some people like variety. Bonus: try and explain why they are shit.
Only point I'll partly agree. Skill streaks can easily snowball a game which might be the intent by the devs. Then again, Unreal Tournament had Adrenaline Combos that were exactly kill streak rewards and it worked amazingly well for what it was.

Have you ever actually fired a gun?
So health packs scattered around the map or dropped by players?
Wow thats like Call of Duty 1. I thought you hated CoD.
How else would someone get a Titan? Spawn them in neutral territory on a timer like Halo?

Oh great it's the
Bullshit.
Was a decent game. It went to shit at 4.
Have you never played another shooter with vehicles? There are dozens of ways.

what are you getting at?
what should they be.
What do you want
yeah, spawn timers in specific areas. Its a halo thing. Only in Titanfall it would put all the focus on fighting over vehicles instead of objectives.
What do you want

They have free weekends to promote it pretty regularly and it's in the Origin Access vault now, which means they ought to be more liberal with that. There'll be a thread about it when/if that happens.

The grenadier weapons have little to no benefit for ADS, since the Softball has the same arc every time, the SMR's spread is almost unaffected, and the Cold War is meant to be fired while soaring through the air. The EPG is literally the Quake rocket launcher. I don't know what more anyone could want, especially someone in love with Quake.

Funnily enough, several weapons have hip fire that's either the same as the ADS (Volt, CAR), or which is outright inferior (Alternator, arguably Flatline). Many weapons including shotguns and pistols use projectile physics, which CoD weapons literally never do.

That can happen, but the AI forces are there to give the losing team the opportunity to build titan meter to prevent it. Anti-titan weapons and rodeo are also extremely effective at killing titans, almost to the point of frustration.

A game that isn't COD.

Why are you in this thread, knowing that Titanfall is made by the same people who made COD.

did you think they wouldn't pick up where they left off?

Let's take UT2K4 as an example then. That was a gamemode where vehicles would regularly spawn in nodes with a timer, with the strongest vehicles spawning in the first nodes and light vehicles only spawning near the front.
The thing about Onslaught however was that infantry combat was a joke. You were either spamming your ANVIL hoping it kills anything, standing near a node waiting for a vehicle or you were firing at their core and you only had to dodge around. And even then, shooting with a vehicle was better.

It was a fun gamemode but it forced the players to retreat in order to get a new vehicle that it'd give out for free too.
Titanfall seems to encourage infantry combat more even against mechs, since you can't just retreat backwards and pick a new mech. It's a system that rewards fighting better than your oponent by giving you your vehicle sooner (Which means that by the time your oponent gets his mech, yours will be in a worse shape)

Never played much of Halo but from what little I saw it's mostly the same with the exact same problems including walking a fucking lot or dying to get a new vehicle.

That's a good point. At you admit it's fucking COD instead of everyone in denial. COD clones don't sell any more. EA banked on a COD clone in an Era where Overwatch and MOBAs are the new thing.

That should be updated now that Scorch has been buffed back into viability. Landing those mortar shots actually matters now.

Ok, your way with words have convinced us all - it's a cod clone.

Now what?

I don't see him admitting that it's CoD, only that it's made by the same devs and will feature some similar mechanics.
It's not any more CoD than Republic Commando multiplayer is CoD simply because it has low TTK and ADS.

And yet Titanfall 2 sold quite well. Does that prove it's not a CoD clone? :^)

And yet Battleborn, Paragon and Lawbreakers flopped hard while Dirty Bomb and Paladins still flickers with some life.
Maybe there's something more to these games that sets them apart…
But how are you ever gonna figure that out when you keep comparing all of them to the same game in a genre that's not even the same?

Seriously nigger, you're kotaku-level of bad, judging these games because "it's a shooter".

Even EA said it underperformed user. You are in denial.
Is an Overwatch clone.

I didn't say it was a clone.
I said they picked up where they left off.
I could list all the things that differentiate the two but it really doesn't matter because
You wouldn't like this game even if it had all the things you don't like removed from it
Admit that, and its basically /thread for you.

Also, in addendum:
How come you don't claim that CoD is a Medal of Honor clone?
Considering the fact that its basically the same story.

If I had all the things I didn't like removed it wouldn't be a COD clone. It would actually be fast and take skill.

Why are you arguing with him? You'll never change his viewpoint.

You will if Titanfall 3 is an actual Arena shooter and not a COD Clone.

Obligatory ancient image macro
It's not a clone, a clone is a direct copy.
You haven't named any.
Name one game that you actually play that is an arena shooter.
In fact, post your "time played" stats you hyper fag.

Anything that doesn't buy them a new ethno-state is underperforming.

It's not. The gameplay has remarkable differences in how it works, from the power progression being more centered on the upgrades instead of your Ults to passive health regeneration and how it works, from the time it takes to rejoin a match and how both games manage it, up to how in Overwatch every hero is static in what it can do while Paladins has a card system to customize it, or how classes in Paladins aren't as strictly enforced or mandatory as in Overwatch.
They share the same genre but they play completely differently.

So you think Paladins is a clone of Overwatch, that Titanfall is a clone of CoD and that UT is a good recomendation for fans of Quake.
That's quite the credential for "I don't actually know anything about these games other than you shoot guns. It's a Shooter, right?"
Why should anyone care about your uneducated opinion about anything whatsoever if it's this pahtetically uninformed? You remind me of grandmas calling every console a Playstation.

The answer of the faggot that doesn't actually know what to add or what makes something good. Just remove the things he doesn't like and… Suprise! It's never enough and will never make him happy.

It is. It is a direct copy but with added mechs.

Jesus Christ you fucks are starving.

I just want a good game that isn't COD. I can go into detail about why regenerating health, skill streaks and low TTK are shit but most people who aren't casuals hit already know that.

so what games have you been playing in the arena genre, user
why are you afraid to answer this question?
Literally every good game that isn't COD to choose from

Ut4, UT 2004, Quake Live and a bit of Quake champions to try it out but it has OW abilities so it isn't really an Arena shooter.
I see a lot of that in this thread.

Dude, there is a full blown circle jerk thread for ubishits rainbow dicks siege. This place is a joke kike shit hole now.

So you would literally just turn Titanfall into the same shit you already play.
Why are you in this thread?

There are a million COD clones user. It isn't too much to ask for another FAST game.

you complain about COD clones while playing quake clones
I'm going to explain it real succinctly. Because companies need to sell copies, they make sequels. The making of those sequels splits the community up because some people want to stick with the same ol, while others migrate to the new game. So the reason you are playing 4 different versions of the same fucking game is because the community can't agree on what iteration to play. Titanfall 2 comes out and says "hey if you like these games, come play this game", which brings all the scattered people to one place. There is no "pure" arena game that does this, because people like you are incapable of being satisfied. If it isn't EXACTLY what you want, you're unhappy and you go back to play the old games
/thread

I guess that means it didn't "flop" at all, but they still want people to feel bad about not buying it?

But Quake is good so it's clones are better.

It made it better than any COD since 2.

It's actually more prudent to see how good the last game is when factoring sales especially if it's a year by year release

What makes you think you're qualified enough to post such sweeping statements without even having played the game? Do you do the same about any subject you have no expertise in?

Let me tell you. There is an important focus on speed in Titanfall. You go slow, you die. You can sprint around and stay groundbound while picking off some enemies from behind, but until you get matched with high-Gen players you will become a bottom-feeder bitch if you do go slow. The movement mechanics are designed around encouraging speed. Sprinting around and stopping to aim down your sights slows you down. However, if you wallrun, walljump or slide, you move faster than you would while sprinting. On top of that, you're able to shoot and aim down sights while doing the aforementioned without being slowed down. Not to mention, there are a lot of weapons whose hipfire is accurate enough that you don't even need to aim down sights to land accurate shots. Because how most fights tend to take place on multiple height levels as you and the enemy are double-jumping around, aiming down the sights is more likely to blind you from anything beneath.

The maps are designed around this, with many places and architecture allowing you to wallrun, as most maps take place on several vertical levels. But walljumping is not enough to stay fast. If you want to maintain your momentum from walljumping on the ground, you have to slidehop. It ain't easy to shoot something going really fast, but it ain't easy shooting something while going fast either, that's an area where one must get good. If you want to turn sharp corners mid-air, you need to learn how to airstrafe. This is important especially in CTF. CTF in Titanfall 2 rather resembles Xonotic with grapple hooks on because of how fast the flag carriers can go.

Another thing to mention is the fact that most weapons are projectile-based, even your usual assault rifle, so you need to learn to lead a fast moving target from a long distance if you want to kill him. This is especially why you barely see any campers in Titanfall 2, the core of the battle is always moving over the map, and it takes serious skill to be even able to hit a pilot with a Kraber from a long distance where you gotta acknowledge that was pretty good if you do get hit. The enemy will be forced to respect you if you hit them mid-air with an EPG.

Titans and Boosts aren't killstreak rewards. You can call them in faster the more kills you get over a short span of time, but dying also makes you lose a part of your gauge which is used to call them in. The gauge will automatically fill up the longer the match went on, meaning anyone is able to call in a Titan in a match at least twice.

In comparison to Pilots, Titans are much slower (unless you play as Ronin), but are more sturdy and can easily kill any Pilot from nearly any range if they go out in the open like morons. Titan vs. Titan fights involve using smart usage of the terrain and flanking the opponent to win, while using your abilities to lock down the opponent's movements and force them in an undesirable position with the help of teammates. However, Pilots can retaliate against Titans with anti-Titan weaponry (though this pisses Titans off and you should be frequently changing positions) or Rodeo attacks, which allows you to steal Titan batteries and give them to a friendly or your own Titan so you can repair a bit of health and gain an overshield.

Incoming Titanfalls are the signal that the match is starting to change, that Titans will start to make your life miserable, effectively encouraging you to get off the ground and use the many Z-levels of the map to go fast (since you're only going to get stepped on if you're on the ground) to and avoid injury or detection.

To put it simply, if you play this like CoD, you will die.

I want you to post more Haven Troopers.

You have one of the most sad and pathetic existences on this planet…

No you can't because you don't know what you're talking about. You were told those things were bad by people that agreed with you in something else so you accepted them as gospel.

Renerating health doesn't exist in a vacum, it's an alternative to something else, namely health pickups or healing classes.
Health pickups look more artificial and actually slow the game down as you gotta hunt for them inbetween fights. They control how you move around the map and can be a boon if the idea is map control like in standard arena shooters, but it's a pretty terrible idea if the goal is to have 100% action and engagement from start to finish.
Healing classes are another alternative but that can make you dependant on them so they become mandatory. Medic in TF2 is a very good example why this alternative is often not chosen.

Kill streaks (not skill streaks, seriously how dumb can one person be) are shit in CoD because they feed unto themselves. UAV will help you get more kills that makes getting the next streak reward easier, which repeats and snowballs really fucking easy and there's no stopping it. It's like someone starting a combo in a fighter and you can only watch for a long while, except unlike a fighter you can pull this off with almost no effort.

Titans on the other hand are something you get faster by how good you are, which can lead to some snowballing to end the match faster, but you don't gain extra charge when you're in it. You don't charge the next titan when using your current one, so your oponent still has a shot at beating you when they take your mech out.
Again, it's exactly the same as Adrenaline Combos of UT2K4 in how it works and affects the game. It's a temporary advantage that everyone will get but some will get it faster and have it for longer based on how good they are at the game.

Low TTK being shit, I actually agree. I wish more games did had longer TTK so the luck factor was eliminated and fights took longer. Only recent example I know of is Gigantic, which has it's own issues but that's one of the few things it does okay.
However regular arena shooters have a really tiny TTK, why would you even use that as an argument? Railguns kill in one hit, Shock Rifle kills in 3 and that's about 2 seconds if you're accurate, point blank rockets and flak cannon murders someone flat too.
You only have some decentish TTK if someone is shielded and has more health, and even then it doesn't last that much.
Seriously, why would you mention TTK and then talk about arena shooters?

Two outta three, bucko.

Why do I even browse this echochamber of a board anymore?

I can't believe there are people on Holla Forums who think Titanfall 2's campaign was great. It was mostly typical contemporary fps garbage: linear corridor levels that only seem to be open but aren't, very short (finished it in 5 hours) and without a single memorable moment or character. The mech gimmick is nice but it was much more satisfying in FEAR 2 Reborn. If I were to compliment something, the AI was decent I guess and gunplay is pretty good. All in all it was okay at best and complete generic garbage at worst, but I see niggers here and elsewhere hailing it as a masterpiece, do you faggots think modern CoD campaigns are great too? Gb2 4/v/, Reddit, Gamefaqs, Kotaku or whatever hellholes you crawled from.

When the pacing largely consists of quickly running and parkouring from point A to point B and shooting everything inbetween, what do the levels even have to gain from being more 'open'? Do you think non-linearity is some kind of panacea for everything? Moreover, to say it's completely linear is a lie as well. Some levels like the factory and beacon level do in fact feature multiple paths you can take throughout the level.
Introducing a time warp gimmick like it's fucking nothing, having a ridiculous moving platform level leading all the way up to its finale, and having a mech duel on top of a battleship sounds pretty fucking creative to me. There's an appreciable build-up from a design standpoint in terms of the challenges to test the skills you've learned in an escalating fashion, the way your time-warping skills are tested comes to mind. It was too short for its own good, but it sure had tons of creativity in its setpiece moments even when compared to most first-person shooters campaigns whose rules often remain static throughout the game. At the very least the campaign in Titanfall 2 deserves to be looked at how first-person shooting and parkouring can be combined and done right.

Just about every action game follows a linear level design anyway with the ocasional backtracking. That's how Vanquish or Bulletstorm work or any singleplayer FPS campaign. Heck, Republic Commando is quite linear in how it progresses too.

You get that level design whenever you have a game about exploring a world, like Deus Ex or Thief, but not so much when the idea is a focus on action and combat. It's detrimental to that, even.

Notable exception comes to older games where there's a lot of backtracking so the same areas can be resused and avoiding making bigger levels that are more taxing on the PC.

Mark really needs to add a new rule on Holla Forums to ban people that clearly don't know what they are talking about.
It's getting pretty bad to see faggots like you repost old pics and harp on some topic you've heard before but you completely remove it from it's context and clearly don't even know what you're asking for.

Kill yourself.

Sooo… CoD + a bit of parkouring?
The parkouring is shit anyways and optional most of the time
It would be actual innovation considering the state of fps in the last decade (minus a couple of expections such as nuPrey)
2 or 3 branching paths that end up in the same place =/= non linearity
Done better in TimeShift and Singularity, it really felt like it had no place in the Titanfall campaign
That was fine I guess but nothing new
For crying out loud.

I'd say Mark really needs to ban people that aren't old enough to post here and try to sound like they are.

yeah but Titanfall 2 is good, its easily one of the best FPS to come out recently. Its only fault is coming out a week after BF1, all the DLC has been it, it has cosmetic microtransaction, they even removed denuvo

YOU NEVER PLAYED THE FUCKING GAME. YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED IT AND YOU'VE SPENT AN ENTIRE DAY IN THIS FUCKING THREAD TRYING TO SHIT ON IT WITH THE SAME TIRED SHITPOSTING

TAKE YOUR (YOU) AND GET THE FUCK OUT

Reminder that the jews made everyone think that titanfall 2 was bad so that they could absorb the company into EA and if you believe its a bad game you're just falling in to their jewish scheme/you are a kike yourself.

pirated it, the sp mode was nothing special besides a few gimmicks?

you're the biggest turbo-virgin on Holla Forums right now

That's because he's in his titan.
That's because he's playing a gamemode where players accrue money with every kill then deposit it into a shared bank, you would know this if you actually played the game retard.
That's because user is using one of the easiest titans in the game, Northstar and Scorch on the other hand require skill to use effectively.
They've been around in FPS long before TF2, try harder faggot.
Multiplayer announcers have always been a thing in FPS as well, you would know this if you weren't an underage summerfag.
Titans are supposed to play slower than pilots who are extremely faster and agile.

That's a very long list of action games with non-linear campaigns…

You say that like it's a bad thing.

But most of the thread is people defending Titan Fall 2, what are you even complaining about

How the fuck do you even infer CoD out of the game's sense of pacing? There's way less pacebreakers in TF2's campaign, you're given a new tool to play around with every thirty-forty minutes, there's no perspective shifts from character to character, and there's no cliche shit like stealth sniper missions, AC-130 missions, and so on. It's just you and your Titan with the occasional story segment inbetween.
That's true, but at the same time that does not mean it's completely linear either, nor would I know what usage of non-linearity you would expect in a game like Titanfall 2 as your definition of non-linearity wouldn't even apply to most first person-shooters which don't have a huge focus on exploration in their level design.
What the fuck do TimeShift and Singularity even have in common with Titanfall 2? Their implementations of bending time is wildly different. TimeShift has you slow down or stop time to get the upper hand on enemies. Singularity has you directly manipulate the age of any object or enemy so you can return them to dust. Titanfall 2 has you rapidly shift between past and present during combat encounters and parkour challenges. The implementations aren't even remotely comparable, let alone between TimeShift or Singularity, so were you just pulling shit out of your ass when you made that retarded comparison?
>The parkouring is shit anyways and optional most of the time
Look, I have no intention continuing this discussion about Titanfall 2 with someone who can't provide a worthwhile insight in the game while making it progressively more obvious that he didn't even play the game. If you are serious about this then you better make a convincing case in your next post.

I know, the expanded character limit for posts in Holla Forums might take a little while getting used to after halfchan.

lmao

Congratulations, you've just proved that you've either never played the game, or tried to play it like cowahdoody, got killed because of that and got mad at the game.

The only people I see making the 'CoD with mechs' "argument" are people who have never played Titanfall or CoD and just assume that every modern shooter is CoD.

CoD is boots on ground, and pretty much just a faster and more casual version of CSGO, the wallrunning is just haphazardly thrown in after they saw it in Titanfall and makes no sense as a feature.

Titanfall is a sanic-speed arena shooter with skill-based movement and maps DESIGNED around the parkour. If you even try to play it like CoD, you'll be killed by anyone who knows how to move around the map.

the hitscan really just doesn't make sense in titan fall tho. thats my problem with the game.

It's a lazy cop out.
They know how to make projectile weapons as evidenced by the grenadiers and Kraber, but I don't know if they know how to make it work like Battlefield's where the bullets are actually fast too and don't require a 20 metre lead.

yeah, I was just about to say a solution like how bad company 2 did it would be great. Just so you need to do that little bit of work to manage your aim instead of clicking the thing.

I just came in here to say that the idea behind Attrition is wasted on something as small scale as Titanfall. We could have a Dynasty Warriors-esque FPS where you would get into firefights with other captains, but instead AI are just guys that exist for shitty players to pad their mech ready status.

Alright, after trying a bit of singleplayer after pirating it, Ive reached an important conclusion.
The faggots going "it's CoD with parkour gimmick"? They are as right about it as saying that Jet Set Radio is just Tony Hawk with parkour gimmicks.

There does seem to be a greater emphasis in speed and movement around the map from what the design of the game tells me. You can be a faggot and camp, aiming down your sights all you want. It's never gonna work out for you. One of the first missions has an area where you have to survive some time against armed guards and spider mines. The mines flush you out and force you to move while the guards force you to seek cover so it's actually a brilliant section to show what the game is about: fluid, tactical movement.

Compared with CoD that's mostly positioning, knowing the map and seeing the other guy first, this feels a lot more satisfying.
If the rest of the campaign picks my interest I'll probably buy it too.

To the suprise of no one.

I dream of a game where you control a squad of 5 minimum and 25 maximum of soldiers under your command much like Republic Commando, and so does every other player for a massive scale in combat, with combined arms of tanks, aircraft, transports and even mechs, in a massive map where you fight over control zones with events and missions popping up to change the flow of the game.

In essence, I dream of Planetside, but with AI sidekicks for everyone, more and better vehicles and no jewery.

The jewery part is the most unrealistic aspect of that.

EA is trying to shill Holla Forums again it seems.

Why would anyone who isn't a complete normalfag want to play a COD clone?

So I'm guessing this is the titanfall 2 general thread then.

But you do have to deal with gamepad aiming in a fucking fast FPS so your opinion on whether this FPS game is worth a purchase is invalid.

I'll stick to avoiding this.

>I saw a speedrun of it on ESA, it actually did look like a sanic fast game
The power of first world education.

This thread is a mess

The Aegis Titan Brawl is amazing and a lot more fast paced that the regular. Makes Northstar enter viper mode, Ronin is just fucking stupid and Legion is the best titan in the game.

hello newfag. why not lurk a while before posting again? like 2 years or more

Nothing you wrote in that post is even close to a counter argument.

Nigger are you fucking dense? All that happens is you get money from killing opponents or AI forces, if you get killed the guy who kills you takes half, and every 1 or 2 minutes a bank you deposit the money in opens, whoever has deposited the most money at the end of the match wins, how the fuck is that a MOBA you autistic piece of shit? You have no fucking clue what you're on about so you blow any tiny scrap you can cling to out of proportion or spout blatant crap.
I prefer minimal too but this constant bitching about lots of stuff in a HUD is autistic nitpicking shit. Nobody gives one half of a rats ass about the HUD in-game and you can even disable all of the popup shit.
The point of that Titan is to hit targets 3 times with the main gun to lock on, then launch a lock-on barrage afterwards that can be launched over cover or any other obstacles. Of course since you don't know this you just bitch as if this is some universal standard
Can also be disabled in options, cry harder aspie.
Yes, Titans have higher TTKs than Pilots. It's incredible how Holla Forums seems to simultaneously bitch about slow games AND high TTK.
This sucks yes, fuck Origin.
Nigger this isn't Quake, the TTK is low, regenerating your health doesn't turn you into a giant meatwad again like it does in Halo. Non-regenerating health only makes sense in games with health pickups, which only makes sense in smaller maps where you're not flying around all the fucking time, quite being a dipshit and appealing to these things like they should be employed universally. Additionally, health doesn't regenerate when you're in a Titan unless you get a health pickup or a teammate gives one to you.
As opposed to blindly shitting on games you've never played using the same fucking talking points every goddamn time.

of course it flopped
i'll just stick with MW:LL, fucking casuals

Jesus, I like the game but let's not go saying shit that isn't even true. The multiplayer is pretty good because of the speed but who the fuck would believe this?

The logic of the contrarians never fails to surprise.