"At today’s Yakuza series live stream...

playstationlifestyle.net/2017/08/26/yakuza-developer-announces-fist-of-the-north-star-game/amp/

"At today’s Yakuza series live stream, Toshihiro Nagoshi made a surprising announcement that his team is currently developing a game based on Buronson and Tetsuo Hara’s popular manga Fist of the North Star. This game will be titled Hokuto ga Gotoku in Japan, which is a combination of the Japanese names of Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) and Yakuza (Ryu ga Gotoku).

Although based on the manga IP, Hokuto ga Gotoku will feature a completely original story written by Yakuza‘s team. According to 4Gamer, this will be an action adventure game that will tell a new story about the protagonist Kenshiro who visits a city of miracles named Eden.The game will have not only battles with actions related to pressure points but also exploration adventures and even stuffs you won’t normally see in the original manga, such as Kenshiro working as a bartender."

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UgFtr
archive.is/HTc8K
translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.geocities.jp/hokuaniken/&edit-text=
yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dropped

oh.

I think it's better that way, because they can't ruin the canon.

I mean yakuza is already modern day HNK game?
And it's not original story was noteworthy or had some good writing.
They're just swapping costumes around and adding more special effects.

So there was some dude wandering around desert and saving people with martial arts.
It was setting and ATATATATA that set HNK apart, not the fucking story. It was basically mad max story on anime drugs.

Trash, Miniboss, Boss, Repeatx5, Final Boss.

Wait did you fucking watch the damn thing, or in it for just the memes?

I read the manga, the anime is a joke'

Ok sensei, tell us how the manga's story is different?

It doesn't have absurd filler, the animation isn't cheap garbage, the dialog is better written, no censorship, no voice acting

Because there is no animation

Oh yeah i know sorry

Yeah I get what you're saying, I wasn't impressed by Trigun anime despite all my weeb friends fellating it, but when years later I've read the mangoo I was blown away by how great it was.
Maybe I'll read HNK someday. It's all translated, right?

I just hope it turns out better than the musou shit we had last time.

Yes it is

So milking the shit out of itself wasn't enough, now they gotta milk via collaborations. I enjoyed this series up till Yakuza 5 but it's too much now.

But it's okay because the games are fun

But its top quality milk user, you're missing out

I'd rather see more new IPs like Binary Domain.

Shit binary domain was as fun as it was janky.
Truly underrated game.

Is this a new meme

お前はもう死んでいる

Virtual On x Raildex is a thing.
What else will SEGA come up with?

Virtua Fighter x Fatal Fury

Seriously?

You do realizze PSO2 had like a bazillion collaborations

There is one particular Yakuza hater trying to shit it up in every thread it is mentioned.

There's at least two

That's because it's a dress up simulator.

It's based off an old crossover lightnovel. The game is coming out on the PS4/Vita in 2018 and the gameplay is based off Oratorio Tangram 5.66

fuck this world mate

Please reconsider.

This is going to be like Yakuza Kenzan or Yakuza Isshin, where Kazuma replaces Kenshiro. Those games were based on real history, where Kazuma replaced main historical hero like Miyamoto Musashi or Ryoma Sakamoto. With a little spin to the story.

Its going to be the same.

you weenies don't realize that this is the safest way of making a game about FOTNS without falling into the traps of the ones that failed already.

I want a proper sequel not some garbage for thirsty otaku

A Hokuto game in the vein of Yakuza titles? Shit, I'm interested.

What's your favorite hokuto no ken game, by the way?

Can't wait to play as radioactive Jesus.

The Master System one

The voice acting was way better in the manga faggot.

The fuck is the huge thing on the left? Is that the battery, why is as big as the god damn cylinder head cover?

I don't really give a fuck what they cross it over with, the gameplay is already confirmed to be based on the best game in the series. That's all I need to know to be happy.

What do you consider a "proper" sequel to a game without story or characters?
If you'd played games for game play you wouldn't complain you useless piece of shit.
I bet you're shit at VON.

Those character models are surprisingly well detailed for a psone game.

I don't want any crossover shit you overtly aggressive manchild

Apparently you don't want video games altogether you fucking casual filth.

I have no issue with this.

the fighting game.

She makes my kokoro go doki doki!

Calm your tits retard

As long as it's not shit like Yakuza 6 then it will be something to behold

You are the retard if you think having anime girls is somehow detriment to good gameplay, especially in a sparse fucking genre dominated by licensed giant of a franchise twice as old as your microdick.

Then don't play it and stop demanding that crossover stuff should be banned or some shit because you personally don't like it.

Your feelings are worth fucking nothing, your input is worthless, and you are not deserved respect because you have an opinion. This isn't tumblr you piece of human trash.

(checked)

Shut up asspie

Sugoi~ user-san!

No you fucking nigger, scum like you is the reason games are shit nowadays.

Oh shit I got fucking told dude

oh my god that's fucking glorious

HNKs story wasn't worth half a damn after Raoh's death anyways

Nice joke :^(

But you can tell where they sacrificed polygons.

Yes, you did get told. Now fuck off.

This actually looks great.
I believe in the carrot man.

Are you talking about the guy with the frizzy hair? He's a character for the announced Yakuza online.

You weebs get mad as fuck over anything don't you?

You sure get mad at crossovers yourself. You're calling the kettle black here, you have some stupid ass balls coming up in here, bitching like a retard and then accusing people of doing the same when we told you to fuck off.

I'm talking about the Yakuza series creator.
He sold his soul so he could attain his dream of becoming a human carrot.

They better not fuck this up

Just looked that up, it's on PC, I wonder if people are happy with that
:^)

This actually looks cool

Cry more faggot

Says the joyless bitch who hates Yakuza AND Fist of the North Star. You're assmad that we're even getting this, fucking hell man, look in a mirror.

He's just a Ganguro Guy.

Never said that

Are you 12? Do you have at least drop of self-awareness? Did you even play any fucking Virtual On game ever?

So you're literally JUST an autist who hates crossovers of all kinds? That's even MORE pathetic.

Its time to stop the bait.

I was shitting on the VO crossover you illiterate weeb

But isn't this b8chan?

Oh geez, what a worthy cause. You seriously get mad over some pretty small shit, why don't you go sit in a corner and cool off, little buddy?

Reported.

Virtual ON itself is influence by anime so I dont know what you are bitching about?

Like it means anything to report someone when i'm phoneposting

Literally cancer.

And there's nothing you can do about it

Put your phone away and pay attention in class you idiot, you'll learn how to not get btfoed and drop spaghetti out of your pockets.

I'm 23 and joblessly proud of it

sam is a bigger guy u now

Well I'm 23 and I HAVE a job. Stop being a fucking leech on your parents.

Shilling for JIDF is not a job :^)

Well I have a job and leech off my parents! I win!

Oh, did I touch a nerve? Get over it.

That's like a death sentence. Such a shame is will play like shit.

You don't even speak English, subhuman.

Mate see the :^)

Why are you so angry?

who's the gimp that wrote this

Not the same guy.

MGR is kind of overrated to be honest but this guy is a tool

he can't see the :^)or the numbers

Anthony Severino, the guy that founded the site
archive.is/UgFtr
archive.is/HTc8K

It's an ancient battery that you have to top up with water for it to function. That's why it's lined with filler caps. Modern low-maintenance batteries are smaller in part because they're sealed and don't require that.

OH GOD

please let this have english subs and not take a full year to localize

お前はもう死んでる

Milks good for your bones user

So is it going to be a drink-mixing minigame wherein you match the perfect concoction to each patron, or will you be able to cut people off.

Will you be able to tell people "Go home. You're already drunk."

I'm surprised Holla Forums isn't going crazy over this

This better be good, I just want to go around slaughtering evil for justice.

it will be.

Whatever they do, it can't be any worse than HnK2.

Trailer showed Rei and Shin. Makes me wonder how many more characters will re-appear; it seems pretty odd to not show radioactive Jesus and/or Raoh. Doubt it will happen but would be nice to have at least the 3 brothers and Rei playable (I won't even ask for post-apocalyptic Geese Howard).

Shame

I hope Ein is in the game.

Sounds gud
Dont mind original stories.
People bitching must not have liked the New Fist of the North Star ova either.

he's dead if they're going by "what's kenshiro doing now now?" for the timeline.

So for 2018 we already have Dragon Ball FighterZ, the worldwide release of Yakuza 6, Ni no Kuni 2 and now this.

Could Japan actually save vidya?

Sign me the fuck up.

Judging by the characters shown and Kenshiro looking for Yuria, it seems like a retelling of HnK1.

IMHO Sega, Fatlus, SNK, and VW (even though they take eons to actually get something out) have been doing a good job at it. Arc and Namdai could tone down on the kikery.

So I just noticed, that's Kazuma's seiyuu playing Kenshiro, isn't it? How come Ken has never had a consistent voice actor? He seems to be played by someone else in every appearance.

This is like a dream come true

Is his first VA too old to reprise the role?

Maybe? I also heard that Akira Kamiya was just super expensive to hire. I know he played Ryuken in DD Hokuto no Ken and there was even a scene where he did the Kenshiro voice for a gag, but he only ever played Kenshiro for the anime and the original movie, as far as I'm aware. From there you've got a billion different seiyuus and VAs doing his voice, like how he was played by a different actor in each Musou game, Hiroshi Abe in those movies from 2006-2008, and even Takehito Koyasu (Dio) played him one time.

I wanna hold her middle easter/Jewish face and throatfuck her until she chokes and passes out, with Anthony watching us.

God I love this crisp low poly look that emulators give to PSX/N64 games

translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.geocities.jp/hokuaniken/&edit-text=

Reminder that all the characters are being played by Yakuza characters.

Kiryu as Kenshiro
Nishiki as Shin
Makoto (Majima's waifu from Yakuza 0) as Xana (a new OC character)
Yuya (the owner of the Stardust club from Yakuza 1) as Jagure (another OC character)

The twist here is that it appears that the Yuria in this game, is not Kenshiro's Yuria.
It's Kenshiro Kasumi's Yuria from Souten no Ken (Fist of the Blue Sky, prequel to Hokuto no Ken set in 1940s China), voiced by Souten no Ken Yuria's actress and her design is also based on Souten's Yuria.
Also a brand new OC villain that looks like another ripoff of Raoh just like Kaioh, he's called Kagami.

Pics related, Yuria, Xana and Kagami in that order.

How is HnK 2?

The opening is cool and all but the story seems unimportant unlike the first "season".

The last 2 years of Japan's vidya output has been better than the West's last 10 years. Changing Pachinko laws saved the industry.

The soundtrack is top notch

Betting on it being Ryuuji Goda under the mask.

Well, if they gonna go that path, I kinda wanna see Saejima as a bear pelt wearing Kiba Daioh.

The story is meh and is literally "EVERYONE HAS A LONG LOST SECRET BROTHER/SISTER" but it's still fun to watch, just not engaging your brain and heart like HnK1 did.
Watch it anyway.

I will be kinda pissed if Raoh doesn't make an appearance. You've got Ken, Shin and Rei but if Raoh and Souther aren't in the game I'll kill somebody. I fully expected Goda to play Raoh.
But now that news of OC villain is out my excitement got curbed a little.

Isn't Raoh the most popular HnK character in Japan? He's gonna be in the game, no doubt about it.

Don't forget radioactive Jesus.

They even gave the man a IRL funeral.

I fully expect Toki to be in the game and played as Daigo hence why I didn't name him.

Don't worry

He will

IMPOSSIBLE

Are the three of them in some bizzare love triangle in HNK2?

Yeah, the entire premise of most of the 1dt story is about chasing a woman with a magical vag everyone wants to pound because women won't explode when they fuck her, then Rin when she's of age, also gets this magical vag

I'll try and find the translated manga somewhere to download.

Its superior to "Can't kill criminals because that would be wrong" since Ken slaughters them and always lies just to get to the next criminal.

I'm cautiously hyped.

Just a heads up; Sega is doing a survey for westerner regarding Yakuza Kiwami 2 and HnK.
yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

Kenshiro is a moralfag as is Kamin Raider.

Filled in maximum hype for the first two. Neutral for the F2P thing, it'll probably be shit.

Who would Majima be?
Jagi? The Golan Colonel? Is Nishikiyama going to be Shin?
Maybe Akiyama as Rei? This sounds like fanfiction.

You didn't have to make a thread for it.

YES
well that's a mistake
all the spinoffs are generally bland compared to the original story

What the hell is moralfag supposed to mean? What's the opposite of a "moralfag"?

The opposite of a moralfag would be a degenerate.

So it's just a hedonist/nihilist edgelord meme or something?

man those images bring me back

It shouldve been made by platinum :^)

OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

Seriously speaking, Platinum should start doing action RPGs instead of sticking to one genre. It would work well for them.

Yep, this is Fist of the North Star alright.
They did it in Fist of The Blue Sky.
They did it in HnK2.
They did it in New Fist of the North Star.
And they're doing it here.

Actually the man bad in New Fist of the North Star was a not-kenshiro voiced by Gackt but the point remains.