Game Overs

What games had some crative or unique gamne over screens/scenariors?

In Virtual bart that when you lost, you get deep fried and eaten by your dad

Gunslinger has most of your gameovers go "Wait that's not how the story went" or "That's what would have happened if I didn't do X" or something in that vein.

Kings Quest etc
Monkey Island 2 "You died? Why are you telling the story then? Oh I miss remembered."
Insanity in Eternal Darkness

YOU ARE DEEEAAAD, DEEEAAAD DEEEAAAD

GAME OVER
YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH

Conker's Bad Fur Day because you either become the leg of the king's table or get dragged to him in a charred/wet/bloody sack depending on how you die. Plus that whole stupid thing about extra lives. Metal Gear Solid obviously has a memorable one too, but maybe not meeting the thread's theme.

So does PoP: Sands of Time.

Banjo-Kazooie

Enjoy, fuckhead

banjo kazooie?

this was a little dark for a kids game

Neverhood had only one place where you could get a game over.
It was pretty great.

this?

What

That only happens in the pig level, each level has different game overs except the baby one cause they aren't gonna show anything bad happening to a baby

Is this the origin of “foreveriallly tied up”?

I got a few.

that one scared me so much as a kid

It's not really that dark.

Did someone say, game over?

APC destroyed

Conker had a fun one.

How embarrassing.

The original is far hotter

topkek

Those comments m8.

God damn it. I don't have a jewtube account. Will someone go in there and tell the dumb fucker off?

kys

Get a LOAD OF THIS FAG, not having excuses to expel his anger whenever possible.

Why do you hate yourself so much

You posted the wrong one, dipshit.

That music is pretty fucking sick, maybe I should play some sonic.
What killed him in the first two deaths?

Bad motor skills probably, the green cap gas lid things he whined about later in the video.

Full Throttle also does this, but it doesn't really show up till the ending sequence

Those dislikes either hated the videos executuon, or we have a mark defense force.

MY FUCKING DICK.

there's also three other game sequences no featured in that video. There's special game over cutscenes for if you lose your last life by drowning, or burning in Lava. Also if you run out of lives during the final battle, the game over screen is just a black background with no music.

This is the only good picture I've seen of sexy gruntilda.

Not creative, but obligatory for a game over thread.

Lion King on NES
chinese bootleggers have some interesting issues

The Bam Ham games have the villiain who controls the area in which you died mock you over it. I quite like it.

It always disappointed me how the game turned to movie references instead of just sticking with what it already had going for it and having some crazy level in the kings castle.

Best game over screen! Prove me wrong!

6:52 gave me nightmares for life.

The fat fuck went in there himself.

oh mY GOD.
Well, I mean, at least he has to defend his turf.

Not sure it's that unique, but Meroid Prime 2's game over scene was pretty confronting.

lol

YouTube comments will always be the quintessential garbage pile of the internet to me. Reddit is chump shit compared to the trash that comes out of those comment sections.

Stop acting surprised that I bitch on the internet, you do too.

Also I'm not even commenting on the gameplay anymore rather I'm calling redditors from cuckchan faggots.

Being a bitch and bitching are not the same thing.

I'm not making excuses for me sucking. I flat out admit to said sucking. I'm just calling people faggots at this point.

Yeah, but you're still a little bitch.

That one Lion king game where simba hangs himself when he dies.

Nigga, I'm allowed to complain.

And I'm allowed to state the fact that you're a little bitch.

no u

Actually, as a matter of fact, no, you.

Well I'm not Kali Muscle, but I'm not putting myself on a pedestal either. All I've said is that normally I can do it better. not much better since it'll cost me about 9 lives, but still not 12 game overs. Which is bloody terrible still.

You wanna get your tight yid ass torn to fucking shreds by that BBC, huh markie poo?

SHIT

Sure you can, champ.

watch me

I don't watch faggots I make them.

The Castlevania games have nice artwork for the game over screen.
If you lose to the last boss on Aria of Sorrow you get a special ending, I really like it.

there.

Still tons of mistakes and a lost life. but no game overs

Yeah, I fucked up the ramp. I didn't say I was GOOD at the game, I was just proving my previous point.

That you're a little bitch who will get excessively flustered at internet comments about you being a little bitch?

Speedrun when?

Yes and that I was able to do better since I wasn't exhausted when playing the game for the first time.

Nobody was saying you couldn't, people were saying you were a little bitch. Not exactly what you were trying to prove their Cakelad.

oh, well I don't care about that. Have a good day then.

Oh yeah, you totally don't care about it. It's not like you stopped what you were doing just to try and prove a point nobody was questioning you about because you were upset.
Nah, that didn't happen at all.

for my part, I like to complain about animus I've never watched.
Loved that game, a classic.

Mark did you just hop IPs just so it wouldn't look like you were mad?

Nah, I'm here

It wouldn't be the first time actually.

If ya ain't lying, proud of you.

I'm not lying, I'm telling the truth in this case.

Well then, I'm proud of you.
But you're still
A LITTLE BITCH

Is it Mark defending himself or someone pretending to be Mark defending himself?

I'm hazarding a guess that he's defending himself but I'm humoring him because it's funny

I definitely think Reddit is worse.

Well you also have to consider youtube is designed for making content. Reddit being a content aggregate is literally designed for the sole purpose of stealing shit to get credit for it and not having a single idea of your own.

I'm not defending myself, I have no reason too.

Yes Mark, everyone knows what a tough little bitch you are.

Beat up Pewter, he's a faggot

I guess Mark got another game over.

Now we just have to wait until the final game over and there'll finally be a reason to migrate.

Back on topic, there's a game called second sight where one of the first missions is you being a doctor being brought onto a military base to learn some self defence before heading out on some expedition. After the self defense you're supposed to go to a briefing room but you can choose to go to the armory and pick up a gun. If a guard sees you with a gun he goes "you aren't supposed to have that, go put it back". You can go full Not-important and shoot up the base until you die, in which the game plays a cutscene of the doctor in an interrogation room with a voice asking them what the fuck they were doing and the doctor breaking down and saying he didn't know.

Reddit is refined shit. YouTube is raw sewage.

Talking about comments specifically. Comments sections for people I'm subscribed to are generally pretty okay, and even funny sometimes. There's even that time youtube had to remove comments from that gay pride video because people were shit talking it, which I doubt you'd ever see something like that on Reddit.

Reddit on the other hand, every fucking time I get there from a google search, the top comment just maybe might be semi-decent, but literally the very next comment is some kind fucking of Monty Python/Doctor Who/Harry Potter reference, and then all the other comments are nothing but the same fucking retarded string of references repeated for the millionth fucking time.

And then there's that over-tolerance thing they do, where somebody could literally be talking about eating shit, and a Redditor will reply to it with a huge paragraph prefacing how he's nothing against shit-eaters taking up 90% of the post, and the other 10% being the actual post.

Those were pretty fun.

intense shit.

I am now fully erect

why don't you cool down with some overwatch, boy

It really depends on the video. If it's part of the tumblr/twitter hipsterfaggot circlejerk, think Silvagunner or pretty much every let's player or speedrunner, then it's pure trash but some people actually have good comment sections.

Holy fuck, those are very violent and also well animated

Damn that thing deviated so much from the first two games, but the writing was freaking golden unlike the trash that followed which had neither good writing or good gameplay.

I was going to post that
dammit

Note how the strap is moved to the side over her butt, she gunna get enriched pretty soon.

how do corndogs taste like ? sage for offtopic

Like any hotdog but with an okay crust over it.
Might as well just eat hot dogs and skip the deep frying part.

Ever had cornbread? It's a shitty american hot dog deep fried with a corn based batter. Just imagine a shitty hot dog covered with cornbread.

Imagine a hotdog covered in deep fried cornbread. They can be pretty good every once in awhile, but you should always get them fresh as the cornbread will not stay crunchy long. They are best with toppings. I should try to make one then smother it with chili-cheese, onions, jalapenos, and maybe some mexican rice on the side.

Have you never heard of mustard before you sperg?

Mustard? Sure. Not really good on cornbread but okay. Ketchup? Sure, not really good on cornbread though. Have you ever had a fucking corndog covered in onions? chili? jalapenos? This user is spouting memes. It defeats that entire purpose of a corndog

All corndogs need ketchup+mustard at minimum

I could see a corndog with chili, cheese and onions being really good though

Back when I ate corn dogs every day (no, I wasn't fat, my metabolism is so fucked from medications that I was actually losing weight even though all I ate were pizza, corn dogs, and ice cream), I would put them in hot dog buns, replace the wooden sticks with pretzel sticks, and put ketchup on them.

Most people actually use a pancake like batter and not cornbread at all.

How is this chili staying on the corndog as I hold it? The onions?

Irrelevant, you've heard of condiments on a corndog so stop being a retard

Did you read the fucking post I responded to?
And ketchup and mustard are still terrible toppings that shouldn't be on a corndog either.

Read my post again and stop being retarded

Yeah I read it user, unlike you.

You obviously can't read, or else you'd know that I think you're attractive

Goemon had the best game overs

Stop arguing about autistic bullshit you illiterate niggers

The game over sequence for both Raidou Kuzunoha games, where your predecessors shame you for soiling the name of the line, was pretty neat. Note: The look of horror on Raidou the 14th's face is the only time he ever shows emotion in the game.

The absolute madman

Didn't think the thread would derail that easily.