Why doesn't Nintendo create their own distribution platform on PC...

Why doesn't Nintendo create their own distribution platform on PC? They won't lost any sales since console-only players ignore PC releases, they'll make extra money from PC users and they'll give themselves a safety net for when smartphones kill consoles.

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/256395/psa-don’t-shut-down-your-computer-just-use-sleep-or-hibernation/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Historically they've only made software for their own consoles because they don't want to kill their hardware department by going multiplat

Way back in the day before Doom. Id software approached Nintendo with a demo of Super Mario Bros running on DOS. And Nintendo refused to sell it entirely because they didn't want to compete with their own hardware. Id instead remade it as Commander Keen and sold that instead.

Also they primarily sell to children and kids stereotypically only play consoles and handhelds. It's trying to compete in a market it won't win in, that is already highly competitive.

Also because Commander Keen is shit compared to Super Mario Bros. and they would have been tarnishing their own brand with bad games. But then they did that anyway with the terrible PC Mario games released in the next few years, and they put them on NES and SNES too. And of course this was the era of the CDi. So I guess they changed their minds, then realized they were right the first time and changed them back.

But their games are are already being pirated.

It may be a long time until then, but they will invariably kill the portable market, smartphone tech is still too young, they need to refine it to the point where they can compete in utility and ease of operation with a PC (and before any idiot tries to greentext shit they didn't understand, i'm talking about shit like using photoshop, office, programming and of course, good controls for games.)
After they mature to this point, you will see people porting everything to smartphones because everyone and their mother has one, when the quality of the games get higher than a portable console, people will not have a reason to play them anymore, slowly killing them in the process.
It just like Automobiles and Horses or bows and firearms, at first people will be fucking skeptic, then they will say that it's cumbersome and not that versatile, at the end everyone will switch and things will thrive for the new tech until something eventually appears, starting the circle again.

the 3DS is the easiest platform to pirate in because you actually use nintendo's own server to do it.
It's like if people could use steam/gog to download the pirated games

Are you retarded?

I think you forget that for the past 5 years of the DS's life all the big games were protected to not be played on r4 cards
faggot

Because mobile is more profitable

faggot

Most of these were cracked a long time ago. I remember the only game I had a problem with for the longest time was Megaman zero and that was also cracked. The R4 itself is also vanilla tier in terms of DS flash carts and there are superior ones out there.

They weren't fixed when they came out though
The 3DS has 100% combatibility with everything and no way of locking stuff if you pirate it

That's not forever though. Nintendo could very easily just continue patching the firmware to lock out exploits or worse still do what Sony did with the PS3 and make it impossible to downgrade the firmware to the one everyone is using.

The DS will forever be moddable using a flash cart and it's largely because it can't be updated.

NO

NO

Yeah but you don't need to update your console. I haven't updated mine in 3 years, no problems whatsoever

If you update it it's entirely your fault for breaking compatibility

It's moreso people in the future. Like in 10 years will it be easy to mod the 3ds or will you have to follow an extensive spreadsheet of serial numbers to determine if Nintendo hasn't locked that capability out of your device like with the PS3

Let's be honest here, Nintendo console have a much better and longer lasting homebrew support than any other console around.
That won't happen.

My childhood says "fuck you".
Good times.

iTouch2 4 lyfe

They also patched flashcarts on the DSi, retard. Also, once you CFW your 3DS there's NOTHING nintendo can do about it because the exploit runs even before than the system.
You can do it for free, although I don't know what firmware version is currently piratable.

Jesus fucking christ that colorscheme is both aids and cancer

Wew

Leaving your computer on is worse than turning it off every night

Why would you want to play Nintendo games, anyway? Are you underage?

howtogeek.com/256395/psa-don’t-shut-down-your-computer-just-use-sleep-or-hibernation/

Take your fucking spoon, you little shit.

Yamauchi already explained why they didn't do this years ago. The console or handheld is just a box to get to Mario. That's it. Putting their games on other boxes doesn't help sell their expensive box, so they don't do it. The only exceptions are the deliberately less entertaining phone games used for marketing the IPs.

Yeah notice how Hibernate mentions it saving to HDD and turning off you dipshit

Nigga, 3DS CFW is far from foolproof. Sure, anyone who messes it up is a retard but the simple fact is every single guide out there has big red letters telling you not to do certain things because it will brick your system. So you need at least a double digit IQ for it.

Meanwhile, my aunt who never even touched a videogame console was able to buy a DS+flashcard with games on it and nothing could even go wrong.

/thread