Weekend Gamenight August 25th - August 26th: Team Fortress 2 Vintage

Weekend Gamenight: Team Fortress 2 Vintage
Welcome to Team Fortress 2 Vintage. After two months in development for a nearly ten year old game, we hope it was worth the wait.
starting 6pm UCT

Where can I get it?
Google Drive (2.9): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeHpjeXpFWWYzTkk
ModDB (2.9): moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v29
Mega (2.9): mega.nz/#!fY1RyLra!SDbXPZn0oevhRtG2HeLuZ-oM1-C97BnyUYP45NYjDuE
Extract the tf2vintage folder into Steam/steamapps/sourcemods and restart Steam. You'll also need to download Source 2013 Multiplayer off the Tools menu in the Steam library if you do not have it already.

How do I connect?
Server name: Infinity Gamenight
Password (if needed): infv

How do I host a game?
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server

Other urls found in this thread:

bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/
archive.fo/ambLC
xperience.ddns.net:27015
mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
raymond.cc/blog/how-to-make-a-non-steam-css-server-using-revemu-vup-and-esteamation/,
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server
mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg
rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885
bbc.com/pidgin
youtube.com/watch?v=4_kU7cOjWy4
gamebanana.com/maps/51482
tf2maps.net/threads/mach.20388/
gamebanana.com/maps/73575
gamebanana.com/maps/74460
gamebanana.com/maps/69298
gamebanana.com/maps/153641
gamebanana.com/maps/65823
gamebanana.com/maps/92768
gamebanana.com/maps/80450
gamebanana.com/maps/196145
gamebanana.com/maps/112212
gamebanana.com/maps/83712
gamebanana.com/maps/163004
gamebanana.com/maps/157126
gamebanana.com/maps/179404
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOVDZpOUNWSE1ydkk
mega.nz/#!uQVSRQqB!X7teT65CMDE7RL0BCQaHFtl9_bp8n21VEg1039AwZBo
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUObUFBZ01LWkpHMUE
mega.nz/#!fM9TzY4L!se39gjR3p1GIjggLrCHIrJxdFzRWHKfleZC90Htl1vk
youtube.com/watch?v=h3m7Oc08Ur0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FAQ

TF2V features Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Capture Point, Arena, Payload and Payload Race mode and features two teams (RED vs BLU) with 9 classes.

TIME FOR FUN

Why are the maps compressed?

muh download times

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DONT PLAY THIS THE MAPS ARE COMPRESSED

play TF2C instead :^)

Hello?

delet this

Seriously fuck you, you know who you are. Stop it, you're breaking my game.

I don't think it's up yet since we normally start 6pm UCT tomorrow. Someone ask mods to fix it.

Can't we just play now? There's like two other empty servers.

Nothing stops you from going on user, gamenights just don't start 'officially' until Friday. Feel free to jump on now and post ITT so fags can see.

Somebody hosted a gamenight serb. No password though, joining.

104.228.168.228:27015 for no-steam fags

bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/
for cracked servers

Why isn't the server working for non-cracked users?

FUCK YES, needed a good reason to reinstall that beautiful fucking game. it's been too long since i've shot dudes in zero-G

D E A D G A M E
E
A
D
G
A
M
E

It's also Thursday, not Friday or Saturday.

This too.

Also suggesting some good custom maps for gamenight

No anons said anything in the TF2V thread or /radcorp/ as to how to do no-steam. It's not that big of a deal when you consider that everything required for TF2V is free on Steam.

I do believe memesystem allows nosteam but the server is incompatible with 2.9 still.

Memesystem doesn't exist, shows how much you play.

Because no one put it in. The guy making the last few threads always did it.
archive.fo/ambLC

It was up earlier today. There's another Infinity Server running no-steam though.

:^)

Did they fix custom maps yet? Playing on servers with custom maps almost always results in either a missing map or a different map error.

CLEAN INSTALL 2.9

How do I install this shit?

forgot pic

1) Install Steam
2) Download archive from mega in the OP
3) Unpack the tf2vintage folder straight into the sourcemods folder
4) Restart Steam and download Source 2013 Multiplayer if necessary, launch the game
5) Play the game when people are up

Alternatively there are instructions on how to install this without Steam in the TF2V general.

Also download Virtual Audio Cable and set up micspam if you can, people will thank you.

install source SDK 2013 multiplayer tool in steam

Unpack the TF2V download into sourcemods folder found in your steam installation folder

Restart Steam

Find TF2V in your library and play!

Thanks goys.

See u in game.

Oh shid niggers, dis gon b gud

Stickied

See you guys later tonight.

v3 when

How much pozzed that software is? Too bad you guys never learned how into no-steam servers. You even use seperate client. Could as well learned that.

But is it worth the risk installing steam?

RADtastic. Will join later tonight.

There's no risk installing steam. And he said there's instructions on how to install it without Steam.

Read nigga, read.

not much reason to installing it no-steam when the game night server isn't running revemu

sv_consistencyWhether server enforces file consistency for critical files

"Hey guys lets have another weekend gamenight with a game or version of a game nobody fucking likes but us circle jerking assholes!"

Fuck off Betablaster

People seem to forget how utterly broken old Heavy/Demoman were

Or how completely godlike old Pyro was

Don't believe me? Look up Frying Dutchman

Should we play gone home and depression quest instead?

also
o i'm laffin

Anyone playing already?

People need a refresher lesson on old pyro

And what happens when you combine that with M2

But nah man, I have no idea what I'm talking about

That kind of baby attitude is one reason TF2 is in the shitter now. A million screaming autists who suck at the game run face first into a Pyro and fight him head on, run back to spawn and die in front of the resupply cabinet call it overpowered, Valve listens and fucks the class to death. Remember how they completely invalidated the axetinguisher because of that dumb shit, but let these sperglords run around with the easy combo of airblast to that retarded shotgun that minicrits airborne targets?

Fuck right off with your baseless complaints, back to Hat Fortress

I mean if you don't know the game it's fine to admit it

Who doesn't know about the game here?

Trump is a zionist puppet

You sound profoundly canadian.

you feeling ok pal?

Name 5 things wrong with Canada, you fucking incel.

And you say I'm out of touch?

*golf clap*

help

*rolls eyes*
Nice argument, sweetie. You're the pride of Holla Forums and gamergate

In my days of playing scout, pyros were often the easiest to kill. Especially when they were caught unaware and eat two meatshots.Although I will concede minorly for puffnsting pyros. Honestly, your points really aren't the fault of the classes, rather hinging putting a good pyro against mediocre players.

Nigga, what the hell are you on about?

also i forgot to mention

there is no flare gun in TF2V.
Shows how much you play the game.

I live here so I can name 5

1. Leftists running BC
2. Leftists running Ontario
3. Conservatives running Quebec
4. Every other province being pushed into poverty giving those three provinces money so they can continue being assholes
5. Trudeau

Fucking idiot. Let me explain in simpler terms so you understand.
You πŸ‘ don't πŸ‘ have πŸ‘ to πŸ‘ buy πŸ‘ the πŸ‘ crates.
They are optional. That's like complaining about DLC. You do realize that DLC isn't mandatory, right?

Fuck it, I'm joining just to reap tears

I know

Why not just disable all the new weapons and play with the current balance tweaks?

Nostalgia I guess

yeah but stock tf2 runs like hot garbage even on a great pc. Not to mention all of the other baggage that comes with the game nowadays

remember to have fun

Pretty much, the classes over the years have been subjected to valves "fixes" because their playbase are a pack of retards.

You have a medical disorder.

All the bad optimization comes from the new hats and weapons. If you disable them, it should run the EXACT SAME as TF2 did when it first came out. Dumbass.

Nice.

except it doesn't because the game load them all anyway

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

All this arguing and you still can't get a server with a working map. :shrug:

While true that it's an avoidbale purchase, I'm more arguing that crates and cases effectively became the TF2 Team's focus, with content outside of the cases only being added in to carry their existance.
The most recent valve made map was in 2015, with a small trickle of maps that came before it; and that was supposed to be a launch map. The map pool is kept aloft with the cases system paying out a minor cut to the community map designers, while valve gets free fucking money for doing little but importing art assets and minor coding for a new case to add. New weapons haven't been in since 2014, which is a big deal to the plebs who give a shit about non-stock.

An avenue of free money corrupts. Sure, they're a business, but that doesn't take away my ability to criticize them on what I feel are them making idiotic decisions.

try installing the right version of the game first

He's not wrong that server up is not on 2.9 maps

works for me

oi. could someone fugging host a server for revemu users?
secondly, post ips for servers that are hosted currently or else revemu users CANNOT connect to them as they don't have a fugging server browser

i'm 100% sure when v3 comes out the userbase will double

install steam

>(((steam)))
No.

Will ask hostanon, one second.

Main server: xperience.ddns.net:27015
Backup: 72.209.202.187:27015

damn
damn damn

there's only one idiot that uses revemu besides you anyway, have fun playing with him

Right. About that.
If you're using revemu, this error is spit out due to revemu not being installed on the server.

As for getting it working for non-Steam users I'm not sure. Do either of those ones work? The user who normally does that is apparently away. Also holy shit, has everyone seen the BBC's new 'language' service? I haven't laughed so hard in years.

Nicht. Neither server works.

Can you explain to hostanon how to install revemu on his server? From what I gather it's not excessively difficult.

Then it should be installed we have people from the first wave of players that have been using nosteam.

also server user disable sv_consistency set it to 0 I'd like to test something

I-I'll do some research. I wonder why this is the case solely on my end.

What lies in the future of our world? Wooga ooga

i'm with you

I think it's on the server host's end rather than yours so don't worry. Worst case we'll have it working for tomorrow but I'd like to fix it tonight.

I'm not having fun.
I am so damn sick of this computer I swear to god.

Anyone want to play WiC instead?

Looks like your toaster is having some issues there.

So?

That's a low temperature user.

Maybe a solution incoming, we shall see soon.

Alright. I accidentally pozzed my standalone folder by running steamcmd.exe in it while monkeying around, so I can't test things 'til I get source SDK and revemu re-installed.

There was another non-Steam solution but I can't remember its name.
Oh dear.

LumaEmu is the other, I think.

Speaking of which.
Source SDK is here
mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo

Who the fuck made this server

Skilled professionals.
s-still researching

try 848, but yeah, it calmed down to ~300

What the fuck happened, you sheep shaggin' cunt?

I want Holla Forums to leave.

FIX YOUR FUCKING SERVER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

Alright so; I adapted a guide to enabling nosteam in the server from using this link describing setting up nosteam for CS:GO raymond.cc/blog/how-to-make-a-non-steam-css-server-using-revemu-vup-and-esteamation/, and the setting up a TF2V server from the modb page in OP.
>Follow the guide here moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server but stop before running SRCDS.exe
>Download the latest full revemu release here, mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg
>Then place the steam folder and steam.dll from ./tf2 into /source2013dedi/bin
>Beware that last step, this may not be the correct download of revemu for servers specifically
>Download the updated steamclient.dll here rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885
>Pray

I'm good now, I can test for connectivity using revemu again.

We've got a fag on it, don't worry.

is the server kill? wtf happened?

185.62.188.116:27015

Not sure, let me ask a faggot.

17 fags in, no word on whether or not revemu works yet.

It does, but it's not a server run by an user here. It's run by some guy out in FUCKING BELGIUM

Well that explains it they share a border with the fucking Dutch

Going to note on this BBC shit: memes aside it's actually just aimed at Nigeria so of course it has to be in the local 'language', it's just hilarious to see how retarded it looks.

Right, we've got some fags working on it but our host is afk so it'll take a bit. Normally we'd have this sorted but I've been busy with work shit all weeks.

I'd take a Dutchman over a Belgian.

chey, You see how obilo dey play revemu, he be guy man sabi don too much windows. e be like say no be everybody dey gree with way pirate do things

I'm sure you would take a Dutchman from behind :^)

Is that a joke?

No
bbc.com/pidgin

Can we have at least ONE not shit server?

DOES ANYONE ELSE NEED TECH HELP?

You wey be dem sharp-sharp user, revemu fittin to get error but pirate dem way be everywhere.

No.

I think that was fixed, did you make a clean install of 2.9 (i.e. not over an existing TF2V installation?). Devanon is currently afk.

MEESA NO WANT CRUNCHEN

I think we should just fuck this gamenight. I want to read more pidgin shitposting.

Don't worry user, I'll post the relevant shit here.

Entire thread likes BBC it seems

go away nazi kkk

E faggot dey hurt di butt

We need a hero
We need a server that doesn't spam red "x"es whenever sentries are hit.

Try the other server?
What we need is a server with a good mix of community and custom maps

the game night server is laggy and broken

Mod is going to die because of this shit. People picking up the mod only have the choice of a broken mess or another broken mess.

Door's still open over here :^)

We need a server with just a few things.

Is it still in fucking Belgium?

We need atleast rtv and map vote at least.

Also needs

Looks like we aren't getting any servers because mayo is a TF2Cuck that purposely left his server broken and shitty, sappykun is a fucking tempermental shitheel. I'm convinced now that every GOOD server has a dude with a massive ego behind it

yeah

Which one of these two is the good server? Also I'm getting a fine ping to both here in bongistan, the bottom one (Infinity Gamenight) looks to be East Coast USA if I'm not mistaken.

Infinity gamenight [would] be the one, if it were compatible with revemu.
For now, I'd recommend salami.

wew

gamenight is a broken mess running only a few servers and the mapvoting is shit.

Salami is run by a guy who hates TF2V but "No one plays TF2C anymore".

Server is equally broken with sentries basically shitting out a cloud of red Xs

How are you enjoying the micspam?
t. Pastaman

Yeah mod's gonna die if the only server left is a non-functioning one

I'm back, currently working on a quick fix for the server to run no-steam.

does
help at all

fug

exquisite

What is 'I love /cuteboys/'?

Can any revemu users get on this?104.228.168.228:27015

Nope, that's the previous host over here

tbh i browse it

right so neither gamenight servers are nosteam compatible

Apparently, I think one is also run by antifa faggots with a gamenight name no joke.

literally at my smuggest right now

honestly at this point if you don't have steam you shouldn't be playing

It should be fixed eventually, right now there are two servers up with fags on anyway (one revemu compatible and one not)

Naw I'm good.

Some people just don't want it. Don't get your dick in a twist because some people feel like they don't want to subject themselves to it.

this

Good one, faggot. Post proofs.

nice

It's more like adware.

Samefag?

Quit shitting up the thread you fucking faggot.

I'm well aware that all TOR users use the same ID user, it's just that there's only been one faggot using it to shill TF2C so far ITT.

Nothing wrong with providing a superior alternative. Would you rather have shit or not shit?

Just populate the second server.

Well why are you suggesting TF2C then?
Don't be assmad no one wants to play it.

I wonder who could be behind this post

one had like 8 people and everyone left in a few minutes

Check it, seems like revemu should be working fine now.

Nobody wants to play TF2V either, judging from the server browser. huehue

Pls post revemu config so the other serveranons can pass it on

Bets bet is to just ignore the TOR retard for now since it's assblasted

tell that to the full server with people in it and qeued up :^)

Checked. It works.

CAN CONFIRM 104.228.168.228:27015 WORKS WITH REVEMU
Just ignore the TF2C shill.

Does anyone else think that TORfag is Alphablaster?

Most likely him or some faggot associated with him. No one could be this upset over a choice of game. Should teach him for buying undertale

oh no, i'm the guy who used to complain about v3 not coming out all the time. honestly it makes sense that people think i'm samefagging but i guess people concerned about privacy tend to flock about services that aren't corporate fuckboy's official spyware for a reason.

THIS SERVER WORKS, HAS RTV AND REVEMU

Is alphablaster even competent enough to use TOR?

Well whatever, shit's working now. Let me see if I can find the screenshot folder.

in the root directory
to save screneshots in non-tga format open console

>bind jepg

*Jpeg

You can set that as a launch option to bind it automatically on startup right?

?

believe so

I already kind of miss the explosion of red x's you'd get when fucking up an engineer's sentry. Made it quite satisfying.

That was when they were firing actually

Oh, I suppose it's just the case that when you're shooting them they're normally firing back (correlation vs causation).

i can attest to the truth of this statement

So what's 64 player tf2v like anyway?

Also if you're that sort of faggot you can mute micfags with this button on the main menu. You can also turn down voice receive under audio on the main menu if you just want them quieter.

IF YOUR SOUNDS GO MISSING TYPE snd_restart IN CONSOLE

we need custom maps

yeah you're so right man we need more people, this all the way

That would be nice. cp_cloak a shit.

Democracy was a mistake.

medic is fucking broken

like we didn't see this coming from a mile away

HYDRO TIME, NIGGERS

but it is

see good list of custom maps right there from TF2's hayday

what has serveranon done

Anons working together, making the best of a bad server situation and generally playing TF2. Teamwork aplenty but everyone is too shy to come on mic.
9 micfags at once, no gravity and 6 snipers a team, server almost crashing under the strain of all the cancer. I think I might have once seen some teamwork but that was possibly just a homosexual orgy with firearms.

Really makes you think.

Who? I haven't been in the server.

bind k kill

some Holla Forums faggot, big suprise (Alunya?)

how was i suppose to know otherwise, also

bind k explode

the communist wouldn't have had god mode and there wouldn't be any mic spammers if it wasn't for the gangter computer god that runs the server

Cancer is over now anyway.

this is what happens when you let 30 people on a server at once

Never again.
Let's see if this half-functional site will actually let me fucking post already.

lol

Bullying isn't nice user.

He isn't wrong there. There are at least 3 maps in all of TF2 that are incredible to this day haven't been matched in any game. Badwater, Cashworks, and some other shit ionno.

2fort?

Why isn't cashworks part of the server list?

Hightower?

Shout at the host enough and maybe he'll add it for tomorrow.

nah
mariokart

Why not one of the cp_orange variants?

Because they don't have memes from 2007 plastered over the map.

Are we taking turns micspamming or is one person playing the DJ? It's been a long time but I remember having a lot of fun on the Holla Forums micspam servers and I'm itching to get VAC set up.

Speaking of which does anyone remember the name of the terrible achievement map with the secret giant cat thing? That's probably 2009-2010 or later.

SERVER user ADD THESE MAPS

I think it's pretty much just a free-for-all. I'm off to sleep now, another user will get to any questions you've got but he might be a little slower than me to answer, everyone appears to be ingame. Do not worry if there's a delay.

good map, don't be angry at me you can't complete objectives

if you're using steam just use the server browser. It should have 20 or so players in it

Try TF2 Classic. It's ready to go with plenty of populated servers.

Theoretically, if you had a team with enough medics, you could form a line where when one medic ends the uber, another one can activate it while the rest charge

I have a guess

Did you accidentally just plop the uncompressed folder into sourcemods?

Because if you extracted it the extracted folder should have been called tf2vintage

what a funny joke

please, no matter what the fuck I do, my maps are somehow fucking different

would love to play with you faggots… but my internet is so slow. it will take me forever to download the game.

youtube.com/watch?v=4_kU7cOjWy4

What font is that chat?

Was this supposed to happen?

no

Today I will remind them

fuck my shit up i'm retarded

delet this

CUSTOM MAP SUGGESTIONS

gamebanana.com/maps/51482
tf2maps.net/threads/mach.20388/
gamebanana.com/maps/73575
gamebanana.com/maps/74460
gamebanana.com/maps/69298
gamebanana.com/maps/153641
gamebanana.com/maps/65823
gamebanana.com/maps/92768

I'm not sure how to check. I didn't change it or anything, it's just the default if you run the game on Arch Linux apparently

I think I'll add the bonus maps on the server tomorrow, once I can get a reliable fastdl. Custom content on the server isn't completely out for Saturday/Sunday if it can get working.

Was fun, see you all tomorrow

it's like you hate fun

heres some maps i suggestions for tomorrow

gamebanana.com/maps/80450
gamebanana.com/maps/196145
gamebanana.com/maps/112212
gamebanana.com/maps/83712
gamebanana.com/maps/163004
gamebanana.com/maps/157126

Those seem like trashy meme maps

Other people can record the mic spam. Never been a fan of it really.

fuck you skatingrink is legit good

Server's dead for right now unfortunately. Since Fridays aren't really popular for gamenights, I'll put it back up in around 7 hours from now. The nice thing about when it goes back up is that I'll have the files already uploaded for both clients and servers to host on TF2V without using Steam.

Upward?

epic

How do I micspam in this? I got virtual audio cable, it works in the sound test but I can't hear myself in game though it shows the balloon that says I'm speaking.

if you want to hear yourself type voice_loopback 1 in console

also voice_loopback 1 doesn't work

in terms of controls points i'd argue granary, badlands and gullywash are stellar as well

yes badwater,upward and gold rush are some of the best designed maps in the game. and i really haven't seen any other hero shooters compete in terms of map design, overcuck maps are just plain boring

gold rush is basically dustbowl in payload form, but with slightly less chokepoints. I agree on badwater and upward being fucking amazing though.

i almost forgot to suggest
gamebanana.com/maps/179404

F

At least he died before he got to see TF2 turn into TF2: Global Offensive.

If you want to hear your spam, set Wave In to Line 1, and Wave Out to whatever your speakers/headphones are.

t user who figured this out about two hours ago and was spamming Lisa Grips

You can also type voice_loopback 1 in the console and you'll hear it the same way everyone else does

That will be outside the game, I want the game to loop my spam back to me as a guarantee that it's working. I actually don't know if it's working but it does in mic test, also voice_loopback 1 doesn't work.

voice_loopback 1 works if your micspam is working

i just keep the steam voice preferences window open and keep test microphone on

Like this

well shiet, it works if I test in game or in steam, don't know what I did wrong

I had a lot of fun goys

Glad to see the TF2Cancer is still going strong

I blame the gangster reptilian computer god

I missed all of the fun because i was sleeping.
gg no re

nevermind I'm an idiot, I was forgetting to push the default in-game push to talk key which is v

Cross posting this from Holla Forums's Q&A thread as I don't have any hope that it will answered (like the past few times) and I know there are a few Gnu/Linux players.
"I am trying to setup a alias "echo -n $Input | base64 ", with $Input being read from STDIN as it arrives i.e. running "alias $Input" outputs as expected Searching hasn't helped at all."

We need a Harry Potter map and the Gas Chamber of Secrets.

v3 when

You guys know why i have the chat not show wich team colors a person is when they pop up in chat?

Friendly fire server when?

What is wrong with you?

pleb

STANDALONE/NONSTEAM FILES HERE
You'll also need to download a version of TF2V 2.9 in the OP and place it in the folder for it to work.

Client:
Google Drive: drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOVDZpOUNWSE1ydkk
Mega: mega.nz/#!uQVSRQqB!X7teT65CMDE7RL0BCQaHFtl9_bp8n21VEg1039AwZBo

Server:
Client:
Google Drive: drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUObUFBZ01LWkpHMUE
Mega: mega.nz/#!fM9TzY4L!se39gjR3p1GIjggLrCHIrJxdFzRWHKfleZC90Htl1vk

Also, ==SERVER IS BACK UP==

NICE LOL

There was 32 people including me on last night when I joined.

I thought he was saying there was only 5 players on the server on game night?

no, he's saying that people shouldn't find LOUD NOISES COMING FROM ALL DIRECTIONS funny.
I find it funny. In healthy amounts, but not all the time, I mute after like a minute. But tit's still funny to me that it's a constant. A rule of nature, if you will.

I dont mind the micspammers but what im concerned about is what time do anons start playing? I missed the last gamenight and im kinda rustled about it.

Ah I see.
I turned voice chat off straight away because I couldn't figure out how to mute people individually.

Also you cant really blame me for being defensive about accusations that TF2 is a dead game because it is a dead game.
A really fun dead game with 32 bros playing at once.

any eufags that wanna play? the gamenight server currently has cp5gorge on it

I would, but not with 3 players on

with that logic nobody would come to the server

when in game hit escape. go to the ear button nexty to resume game and mute players that way

also custom maps when?

i want v3

Hmm thanks ill try that.

Im sure in the official TF2 you press tab and then mute people from the scoreboard.
Or maybe I dreamed that?

TF2V V3 is gonna be based on the Half Life 3 engine.

tfw

on the shitty mod they're going to make some hack frauds over at moddb?

That's a nice word salad

is this mod better optimised than the actual tf2?

It's certainly smaller. I can't speak directly to optimization, but removing all the clutter of cosmetics should definitely improve performance so I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Pretty much, without all the hats and weapons the file bloat drops about 10 gigs

Crashing eurpoor reporting in, will be on server until I crash.

>Realize that I'm at the default FoV.

what do you call this?

Apparently 18 faggots currently ingame.
Type bind "f12" Jpeg in console to make f12 take proper screenshots. You can set this as a launch option (+bind "f12" Jpeg in steam, otherwise make a shortcut) if you don't want to reset it every time.

shitspraying

Next you'll be telling me you don't have the medic gun set to toggle instead of hold down…

This being said butterfly knives are cool and im glad i own one.

the God giveth and the God taketh away the MOST ILL OPPORTUNE TIME YAHWE YOU COLOSSAL FAGGOT FAIRY IN THE SKY!

oh and quints

Right, anyone need tech support? Also we should probably put up a new thread soon.

well fuck you too, Kek

sure, can you send me a new CPU, preferably Kaby Lake, around 3,5-3,9 GHz in terms of unclocked speed?

Some source games let you do that, not sure if modern TF2 does but remember it's a game that's been fucked around with for more than a decade.

What's up with your crashing user? Have you got a log? Maybe one of our more Holla Forums-minded faggots could take a look for you.

Deeply impractical for actual use as a weapon though.

See this image

Did you get this fixed user? The resolution issue is a strange one, perhaps you were missing the SDK or something?

Dunno, does good at backstabbing :^)

Will only swap CPUs for nudes.

Only if you're a dirty Frenchman who can't fight fair.

HON HON HON

I like holding down, gives you more agility to swap targets.

Forgot to post this last night when it was brought up

CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?

Is this a Holla Forums tradition now?

How are we gonna get a mask on the heavy? Or do we plan to use the scrawny spy for the big guy?

Wait till we play Jedi Academy

Pyro, nigger

meant for

fuck me

where are the screenshots stored once I take them?

screenshot folder in the tf2vintage directory

Are we just sticking to this thread then?
23 IN RIGHT NOW

make that 24

Spider does not have puss-puss.
t. an actual spider

sure is 2007 in here

Markov is one of them I know and he's fucking shit at this game

how's this game night? as fun as some other ones or eh?

It's like I'm back in 2007 enjoying TF2 with some cool people.

Have you never played TF2?

benis in bagina hwitey bagina indeed

(slowly aims upwards)
It's the little details that make these autistic works of fiction so satisfying.

Pretty good, but it's a good chunk of mic spam which is eh. But on the flip side you can mute them

Shitty af, some autist with admin priveleges won't let us out of 2fort

CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?

when i get dubs

When I get singles

You dun goofed. Custom maps neverever if I get dubs.

dont bully

serb empty?

Nah he's shit and like all furries deserves the oven

28 fags in.
If you're a revemu fag: 104.228.168.228:27015

When we get rid of the kike admin.

no no user you dont get it, im playing bad and posting gay furry porn IRONICALLY :^)

Doing it "ironically" still means you're doing it :^)

The jews want custom maps.

He's not wrong.

from last night

Oh man i remember when the old /radcorp/ played JA with A SHIT TON OF MODS and ended up doing shitty versions of infamous star wars scenes it was around the time the farts awakens came out so we were all running around as first order stormtroopers and pretending to be TR8-T0Rman those were some good times

i'm thinking we should play it in december again because the next one will be out and for some reason somebody made a whoville map

this CUSTOM MAPS NOW REEE

>(((blue))) still won this with a sneaky jewish backcap

There was a mega with all the mods, models and maps we were but i lost the link.

Reminder to type bind "f12" Jpeg in console to take proper screeenshots. Setting +bind "f12" Jpeg as a launch option does this for you when the game starts up.

(((blue))) confirmed for jew.

It's actually possible to dig into your spray cache and see every spray used so far in the gamenight. Here's what happened when one user did that after we played Dystopia…

Just a coincidence I'm sure.

What's even going on here?

trying to install BIOS tools to flash or repair or something, I've tried everything else and the bootup screen tells me I have the latest version of the motherboard driver
And whenever I try to run @BIOS it just gives me a bluescreen saying "PAGE FAULT IN A NONPAGED AREA" and farts in my face.
I'm so fucking tired of nothing working and me being bad at everything despite trying my goshdarnest.

That sounds pretty shitty user, do you at least know for sure that the BIOS is the problem? I'm not Holla Forums-inclined enough to help sadly and anyway I've got to fuck off for the night but there are other anons ITT who know their shit, they might know.

Mark's room

This felt better than I want to admit.

do not bully mark

oh god if you're flashing your bios please don't do it from in Windows

no, but I've tried pretty much everything else:
and I forget what else.
**I've already bought the new RAM and MoBo, now I'm saving up for that processor I mentioned earlier, but this is driving me insane.
I suck at TF2 from not playing it for god knows how many years, I try to calm down by playing New Vegas, it crashes, try to play Binding of Isaac, it's bullshitting me by spawning enemies ON TOP of me when I enter a room, I try to fix/flash my BIOS, it being my last resort since I'm obviously technically inept and don't want to fuck up the entire system and this shit happens.
Nothing ever works.**

People suck, outside sucks, kids fucking crying left and right, radio in car is shit, can't afford to replace it with something that has an AUX or at least a USB slot because saving up for CPU, job's boring, friends are unreliable and almost estranged at this point, modern releases are shit, gym is expensive and unpleasant… I just wanted to play video games.

and I fuck up my spoiler to boot, thanks for that cherry on top of shit sundae

I can't even do that, so don't worry

==CUSTOM MAPS WHEN==?

I think I told you this in another thread, run memtest on 1 stick. if it passes use it, if it doesn't use the other. Bad ram is going to cause problems again and again and 2gb working is better than 4 faulty.
Or just buy a used stick it's incredibly cheap.

And I've already told you, I've bought the RAM, it's sitting right here, but it will only fit in the new MoBo, this one can't even handle more than 4GB.
I ran mem test with both singular ram sticks, both came up negative, running single stick is a pain and same problems still occur.

host your own fucking meme server, you commie cunt
or better yet, host one on the original TF2, just fuck around with the settings and you'll get the same experience :^)))

Daily reminder that demoman takes skill and engies are faggots

Well done. I'll never forget when I made him ragequit twice in a row.

But I want to play cashworks

h*ck off tumblrtale=
>ywn spend 2k on furry scat porn to spam in undertale general threads to get them banned
feels good

kimochi~

God damn it, I was gonna join too

Not just that, but it's a big /sp/ moment coming up soon in about 10 minutes. I'll rejoin when it's over if there are others. Way to have shit taste in micspamming material.

CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?

good maps right here

I just noticed that soldier's animation is a bit fucked. Has it been like this since v1?

works on my machine

the face of death

THE NEGRO DIDNT WIN, THEY SHOULDVE KEPT IT GOING.

>(((official))) scorecards heavily biased in favor of black negro
>Stopping the match to (((protect))) Irish negro

They really shouldve kept it going, but now we'll NEVER hear the end of it from gommies, BLM and (((them)))

You're kidding yourselves, mac was wasted at that point

Still, I wouldve rather him go down instead of getting TKO'd. It ended up being a boring over hyped match anyway and thats kinda dissapointing. Oh well. Until next money making event I suppose.

You must be unfamiliar with Floyd Mayweather's body of work.

you guys extending today or should I unsticky.

Are we all going to play Hentai Doom for the Doom Night?

No I dont.
Please enlighten me Will.

I'll be hosting through today, so last chance to play TF2V with 20+ people again.

looks like a last chance to play period most of the servers are gone

I only ever saw 3 servers to begin with.

If theres a game night next month or if they make a TF2V specific game night I would be up for that.

now the other two are loading

STILL WAITING ON THOSE CUSTOM MAPS

Lets play you fucks I've got a whole playlist of Moonman queued up

come on fags we only got 2 people in

How long is the server staying up for?

5v5 ON LAKESIDE

Videos are private.

That may not be a good idea.

Until Monday evening.

I have no idea how that happened, refresh now

CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?

Yup, works now.
6v6 currently

Needs more Sonic.

10v10

Thanks for hosting another day, serveranon.
It was nice to get in another few matches of classic TF2 before I had to head out for work.

How do you change sprays naggers

Advanced Options -> Multiplayer -> Import Spray

renember guys, if tuki is on your team you are going to loose, no matter what

wew lad

Wow what a gay. Rukir is legit fag though.

Sorry mate but superior taste coming through

Wrong

what is the source of this pic. I've seen the character posted before.

And the tanuki you posted is different how? She has a furry tail and ears.

That's a Racoon I just posted though :^)
Also still human, not animal on two legs which is what furshit is

Yeah that was probably me as well, artist's twitter is γΌγžγ‚“

Yes that's true, but her tail and ears are still covered in fur and will have wet dog smell, so I'm not seeing your point dubsman

Still mostly human.

cool, I think I found his (her?)twitter. There's something charming but silly about the art.

Yes and?

It's not a dog on two legs

youtube.com/watch?v=h3m7Oc08Ur0

fuck me I forgot to put the link in the proper spot

So when will VNN cover TF2V eh?

Neither is my pic, she's got human intelligence and a humanoid body structure.

server is dead and retail tf2 is shit well fug what do now?

sudoku

it's time to go home

I'll be back later

Also
CUSTOM MAPS WHEN?

You're right, you should go home, no one wants to play classic

So when are we getting custom maps?

M E M E
A
P
S

Let's have another go before the workweek.

Where's the fucking custom map pack?

There is none but
should be added

Stop fugging adding custom servers. The download time for 2fort-mirrored was 30 minutes.

The reason why they're taking so long is server user has no fast DL server. If he posted a map list it'd alleviate the issue

People have been bitching constantly for three days now to add custom maps but no fastdl solution has worked yet.

why not upload map packs on the moddb for folks to download and drop into their maps folder? That way everyone can shut the fuck up finally.

Because that's dumb. We should have created a map pack ahead of time.

What methods were tried

Great counter argument

Since you lack reading comprehension and the ability to reason let me spell it out for you:
Hosting mappacks on the moddb page is a fucking retarded idea because it's for the mod itself. The mappacks should be hosted through a actual host such as mega or mediafire as the packs do not actually contribute to TF2V's development nor are actually part of TF2V itself. While the group of people is small there is still a group of people who have the mod on their watch list and uploading mappacks would be a sure fire way to cheese people off because to the layman it'd look like we're repacking work. While there's a bit of irnony there it still stands.

Seeing as how you even fucking skipped over the fact I stated using alternative sites instead in the first place shows you really have no arguments but just greentext and shitty images,.

I got a fast-dl working with Dropbox.

moddb has an addons section for mods. Does it fuck with the watchlist as well? I actually have no clue since i dont have a moddb account. Also
faggot i never said anything against using mega or mediafire cause guess what? if devanon packs em and hosts them on any of those they'll still be linked on the moddb page
says the nigger attacking things that i didnt say. You arent retorting to "mappacks only for a gamenight" or the fact two groups of high functioning autists (possibly more) are killing this game and causing the devs to drop out like flies. You are only retorting to things that you think i said because you are probably one of those high functioning autists, but you're right, all i have are stef memes and greentext.

get back here fuggers

Just leave the server on stock tf2v maps if there's no fastdl, problem solved.

better yet, come play the original serbian at Holla Forumsintage Fun.
74.91.123.198:27015

Again you don't really put a lot of foresight into shit.

gg no re

Holla Forumsintage should stay up post gamenight since it going would kill off any server

Is anyone even playing anymore?

i was on 10 mins ago there are like 3 peeople playing now

it's a single commie Alunya, he's got 73 replies in just this thread alone

Again fam, dunno how moddb works because i barely fucking use it to download stalker mods. I have zero idea how the watchlist on moddb works. If uploading shit to an addons tab updates the watchlist anyways and if the idea chaps your ass so much then fine host them on alternative sites and link them on moddb. Either way they'll still be on the page itself and get people to stop shitflinging over "mememaps".

In case you fail to understand, ill say it again: A map pack wouldnt be JUST for the gamenight, It'll be for here on out so that the devanon's sanity isnt shattered by one group shouting "CUSTOM MAPS WHEN" and the other group shouting "MEME MAPS REEEEEE" and curbing all the asinine bullshit that came with that causing the main codefag to drop out and the devanon being two seconds away from retiring this mod.

But go ahead, tell me again about how I fail to read and argue :^)

Stupid on so many levels you make a Halo fan look smart. The reason why a mappack would even be suggested is because no reliable fastdl server could be set up. However now that the gamenight is over more or less this won't be an issue since the gamenight server is most likely to be taken down and the only servers left will be mayo's broken as shit server and Holla Forumsintage fun which has a fastdl server and I told serveranon to try and get ahold of the dude who runs Holla Forumsintage to get something worked out where possibly the gamenight server could have used the fastdl. Ultimately mappacks would not fall on either devanon or anyone on the devteam, instead it's up to the server hosts to up their own mappack. It's always been the case for every server I've ever seen in games where downloading is either not a viable option or the game doesn't support content downloads on server join.

The only reason people were screeching for custom maps was because outside the shitty mememaps there are genuinely good community maps. Remember most maps now that valve adds ARE community maps, sometimes tweaked in certain ways like PL_Frontier getting geometry added to the first cap area to make it easier on blu.

Please don't make accusations like that without a fact to back that up, calling someone a communist is a pretty big insult.

Oh well

No one so far has stepped up to help serveranon host a decent and reliable fastdl.
mean the guy thats barely around?
See id agree, except devanon has stated and gone on record he has been compiling custom maps and compressing them and putting them in the game to cut out the middle man to avoid fastdl bullshit. The only reason he removed them is because people kept fucking bitching about "mememaps". Now we have an issue where people are complaining about the lack of custom maps and fastdl not working on the gamenight server and thus no one being fucking happy. So dont be fucking surprised if devanon actually makes a map pack because of all this bullshit so far.
Gee, thats exactly what happend before AND EVERYONE KEPT CRASHING BECAUSE ALL THE MAPS WERE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE SERVER

With the standalone server, do you still have to launch srcds.exe in the source2013dedi folder? Or do you have to do something different?

It would appear that anons are currently on this server: 74.91.123.198:27015 rather than the gamenight one.

No, you launch TF2V.exe which launches srcds.exe with the standalone Steam content. You'll want to turn off your copy of Steam before booting up the standalone Steam though.

He only compiled the "popular" maps, see balloon races and whacky races. And even he realized that's a fucking retarded idea.

The reason WHY the servers kept spitting out mismatch errors were because sappy had them formatted one way and the 2.9 maps built into vintage are formatted another way. If you'd stop talking out your ass and tried to learn exactly WHY this shit happened you wouldn't be making the wet paper arguments you are.

5v5

>Turns out he's just a normal user I accidentally muted on the first day.

Wonderful.

Stallman strikes again.

F

Mark's here.
Come kill 'em while the thread's still stickied.
Also please don't add anything to the game. Stock is great, adding more items just blurs the lines between classes.

Yep, first the linux version of V3 and now the map errors. I still need anons to screencap any missing models or textures they might find on the maps shipped default with TF2V.

Missing models on gullywash, it's in what looks like a generator room around the middle point

What a fun weekend that was.

I know there's no 'plane interior' in the movies, but the person who made this could've improvised.