This Flash shit that is Adventure Quest is still a thing

Other urls found in this thread:

aq.com/gamedesignnotes/aqwmobilefuture-6482
hooktube.com/watch?v=PAPK2NTcRsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So?
What's your problem?

Stop being mentally ill. No one cares about this kikery.

Good riddance we have 3 mobage threads and people do care about their kikery.

I can't stand that people are still playing shitty Flash games in 2017.

Look I try so much to control my clinical depression give me a break okay?

Artix Entertainment has been around a long time and has made so many games that I'm sure it fragmented its own audience. Just look at all the games they have:

AdventureQuest, WarpForce, DragonFable, MechQuest, AdventureQuest Worlds, EpicDuel, HeroSmash, Pony vs. Pony, AdventureQuest 3D, Oversoul, AdventureQuest Battle Gems, AdventureQuest Dragons, Fat Panda, VelocityAE, and Biobeast. Though, the later ones seem to be shifting towards mobile app shit instead of playing in your browser.

It will probably die with Flash, though. Like Neopets.

;_;

Crazy times.

You should see what people pay for 60 bucks in 2017.

Sounds like story time, user.

Tell us more

There's not too much to tell, it was the far-flung past of 2004 and I and many other people who played this shit as their alt-tab grinding simulator of choice ended up becoming members of their forum. Their forum had full mods, and then it had the Grand Council, and the Grand Council was supposed to be the intermediaries between Artix/Galanoth etc and the people on the forums, and relay good ideas and player intentions through the forums to Artix who would ostensibly put it in the game. Except everyone was just one giant fucking retard and wanted a weapon that did a billion damage and hit ten times a turn with their armor of edgy invincibility. You got on the Grand Council by people voting for you, so if you were like me and were constantly giving people tips and advice you were eligible to be put up to a vote to get promoted to full-time hotpocket volunteer tard wrangler.

I ended up as the guy who had to politely but savagely put down dumb underage suggestions and then kick the one-in-a-million good suggestion upwards. That generally put it in the Grand Council's secret forum-within-a-forum which the head of the GC managed and we could communicate with the devs from there. We also had an IRC channel for communication, although all Captain Rhubarb wanted to talk about was the upcoming Doctor Who reboot, and Doctor Who in general. I don't remember ever actually talking to Artix, I think he delegated Galanoth to talk to us and make us feel special. Galanoth was that special blend of "I'm politely listening" and "I'm a stone wall and nothing is getting through and you won't get anything at all from me so just give up now."

Most of us realized after a while that we were just there to placate the forums and that they really didn't have the intention of implementing most ideas, I don't think more than 1 community-created weapon ever got added during my "tenure."

The one thing that we managed to change in the game and pat ourselves on the back was that there was someone doing decentish background art for the standards of a badly-drawn and badly-animated flash game in 2004-2005 that had already existed for quite some time. We ended up noticing this guy, putting him in for a kudos and telling people that they should hire him to do stuff for the game, and as far as I know that's how he was hired. Backgrounds and (some) character art significantly improved but the game never had a total graphical overhaul as far as I know.

We just kept chugging along with minimal drama, until around the time they added the poll forum. The poll forum had explicit rules and any poll that wasn't within the rules had to be deleted, and boy the mods sure didn't want to delete all those fucking polls so the GC was given poll jurisdiction. It was way too popular, so that meant in about 3 or 4 hours you were probably deleting somewhere between 100-300 polls that violated the rules. We kept swapping poll duty and being salty about having to delete polls all the fucking time instead of sitting in our comfy IRC chat and bullshitting while playing our autistic browser grinding game. I think poll duty made at least a few of us insane, so we started looking at mods' profiles and wondering why they weren't doing their fucking job and actually modding shit. I can't tell you how long Poll Duty actually lasted but it felt like eternity, and we really just wanted that forum closed. Salt levels increasing by the day, I'm not sure who asked for the mod to be fired anymore, but I'm pretty sure I recall them being at least 6 months inactive, and there were more than one of them, but I'm pretty sure this one in particular was the boyfriend of the woman who had jurisdiction over the GC, and asking for this person to get de-modded eventually ended up our GC "privileges" revoked and our comfy IRC channel killed.

In the aftermath, obviously the poll forum wasn't being managed, and so was filled with shit like What Was The Best Episode of Naruto, etc.

All feedback stopped in the suggestions forum, nothing got moderated, forum in flames, the usual stuff. I can't say there was some kind of general outcry or player revolt because people didn't know and if they did know they probably wouldn't care about a group of glorified janitors getting the boot, but the previously semi-tidy forums became a real shitshow. After a period of time we ended up re-hired on a provisional basis but by that time we were not only burned out from Poll Duty but the drama of being fired and re-hired in one or two sentences. Some people went back on, others like me just said fuck it.

Remember the CAD promotion they had?

Damn, didnt know they had such drama.
Thanks user

The only real problem I ever had with the devs were their choices in mods and who was put in charge of our group of almost 100% underageb& forum monkeys. Galanoth was polite enough for who I assume to be a grown man talking to a bunch of hotpocket teenagers, Captain Rhubarb was sociable and funny but he basically lived on an IV drip of Doctor Who so talking about other things for any other amount of time. To be perfectly fair, I'm pretty sure someone higher-up noticed that we got blasted by Random Mod Bitch and rectified that but by the time they did the damage was done.

Polls: never again.

They found an old game they like and want to support. It's from an unpozzed time.

Let them have their fun.

Cool story user. I'd have never guessed there was so much bullshit going on behind the scenes of a shitty, ugly browser flash game.

What was the second game based on AQ they released that was a lot smoother? They then released a futuristic one with mechs that was basically just a reskin of the aforementioned spiritual successor to AQ.

DragonFable and MechQuest, see

Are you a girl or a tranny?

Ah, the good old days of 2007 when playing DragonFable was the highlight of the day. What a damn shame it's so bloated now.

Ah that was it, I didn't play AQ for long but I played DragonFable for a while.

Shiggy diggy.

I am almost thankful I never bothered with forums until my teenage years, the only thing I did wrong was ever going to a forum.

Jesus the game still looks like this?
That Mummicane looks like a kid drew it.

What's flash vidya like nowadays? Or is it mostly unity games now?

Well nowadays instead of going to NewGrounds or something to play the latest and greatest flash games, you go to Steam and pay $5-$15 dollars for them.

aq.com/gamedesignnotes/aqwmobilefuture-6482

About that…

Aren't they making some sort of 3D version? I remember seeing something about that on their site when I still played this, though it was just some untextured 3D models.

Well nowadays instead of going to NewGrounds or something to play the latest and greatest flash games, you go to Twitch and watch a LP play flash games from Steam.
FTFY

Yes they are making an MMO.
Here is a link to the same video, but without giving views, sorry doesn't work embedding.
hooktube.com/watch?v=PAPK2NTcRsk

I expected that, but I'm somehow still disappointed.

I remember playing this shit during recess when I was like 9. I had no idea it was still going.

They only update recent content or update characters for other things with that new content. Then they proceed to never update the look again, so you end up with old ass looking content side by side with new content. Some repeatable old content is still present that you can try out and get murdered in, and yes it looks just as ugly as it did before.

women
not even once
all they do is drama and be bitches holy fuck I can't believe some bitch ruined your little forum community

wow misogyny much?

Name something women haven't ruined.

Name something women haven't ruined.