Minecraft Turd Polishing Thread

Suggest ways in which to polish this turd.

Images are things I've already tried.

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/space-astronomy
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2851780-no-cubes-forked-and-fixed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Twilight Forest is pretty good actually, So's The Aether, Battle Towers, Nether EX, Bacteria, Cave Biomes, Advanced Genetics, Chococraft.

I've only really had fun in Minecraft when I've played mods that just did content overhauls really, less autistic crafting and more exploration or farming

They need to come up with a way to make villagers & iron golems patrol for non-white listed entities and players.

It would be nice if you could configure them to walk in formation like Romans.

It would be nice to configure their skin on the fly.

Also there needs to be a way to enable to you configure villagers to live on a schedule. Like every morning they wake up in their assigned homes, and then go to a shop before closing it to go to home.

Minecraft towns just feel soulless.

Have you tried like Minecraft comes alive or Helpful Villagers?

Lumberjack mod. Cutting wood and replanting trees is the most tedious part about the game. That and turn off hunger

Better than Wolves mod
It's amazing how little effort you need to put in to make Minecraft an actually good game.

Mystcraft was fun but >update never

Too bad it's a dirty mod that doesn't work well with other tree mods.

What am I missing?

Why doesn't vanilla minecraft have the capability to link carts like rail craft does have?

Wasn't there a mod or maybe a pack that turned the game into factorio before factorio was a thing?

Because carts were never finished.

Minecraft is one of the few games mods can actually fix, because its got so little game in it you could implement anything and it'll get the job done. Even maps can be better gameplay wise, thanks to scripting via special blocks and the wiring components allowing you to create structured gameplay in an environment.

Shinkeisan
Tofu Mod
Apple Milk Tea
Slashbladez

Why would you do that to yourself?

Minefantasy II does a pretty good job of making crafting a more involved process and turning the game into a medieval fantasy. It has some issues, though. If you want tech, Immersive Engineering is what I consider the absolute best of the tech mods. Techguns not only adds guns and other military equipment, but it adds a lot of new, high-quality enemies.

Ultimately, though, Minecraft is a turd that can only be polished so much. Unless you just really like building things, you'll never feel like you're working to a worthwhile goal.

Cooking in Minecraft just isn't immersive, useful, or meaningful. There's no reason to use anything other than one recipe to begin with, and with limited inventory space for food there's not much sense in keeping a large variety.

Only reason to add cooking mods is for role playing and that's retarded.

you install minetest instead

Technic Pack, though at this point it's now the Technic Platform, that gives access to several different modpacks.

Stay away from anything post-1.7 or get the LotR mod.

/thread

yeah but that's 2D

number of dimensions is the only respect in which terraria scores lower than minecraft.

eh there are more autism soothing mods for minecraft

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/space-astronomy

I only somewhat recently heard about tMod thing or whatever the fuck it is. It's a manager for mods for Terraria that lets you download mods ingame and shit and it's honestly really good. Some of the fucking things add like 1000+ new items and at least 10+ new bosses. You can get a lot of cool new shit for the game with mods.

I'd recommend CalamityMod as it adds a bunch of cool shit, and then you could throw in some other QoL mods as well. There are some really damn nice mods up on tMod.

Or you could play Starbound.

Or you could wait for Terraria 2.

Or you could wait for Starbound 2.

the thing about minecraft mods is that many of them are glorified cookie clickers. Terraria doesn't have mods like that. Its still combat oriented.

Also very true, actually just finished a multiplayer Thorium+Calamity+QoL runthrough that was fantastic. I'd recommend playing through vanilla at least once first, though.

The no cubes mod was fucking cool. Is there anything like it for newer versions?

Progression in Terraria kind of shits the bed once you enter hardmode, I should look into these mods.

Pretty much all Terraria mods are shit though.

You can tolerate unbalanced shit and bloat in Minecraft, because the base game is nothing so anything is an improvement. But if you do the same for Terraria you're only downgrading from the unmodded game.

I would recommend this too. Just don't expect good combat.

This is heresy.

I can say from three playthroughs that Thorium is well-balanced with only a few exceptions. Calamity is horribly balanced relative to the base game but balanced within itself, which is intentional. When you play Calamity, you play Calamity. I haven't played Spirit, Pumpking, and others, but I've heard great things about them (except Tremor, which everyone knows is shit). What mods have you played?

There outta be a procedural generated game in the same vein as Minecraft that doesn't look like ugly blocky shit

How does this even work?

Pretty sure the hitboxes are still cubes but are rendered as triangles instead to make it smoother. Structures are still cubes

It only applies to naturally generated blocks, which still exist as blocks. They're just visually smoothed, made partially transparent. All it really does is re-texture the world after it's generated.

minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2851780-no-cubes-forked-and-fixed

noshill

Thank you user!
I'll keep this bookmarked to stay posted
Also thank you codemonkey for Nerve Center because that's where I saw this thread again!

Dynamic Lights, Dynamic Sounds, and Item Physics greatly improve the game experience.

It just serves to prove how barebones vanilla Minecraft still is even after all these years.

If the company does it they're bound to screw it up so we're better off having modders put their hearts into the features. It also gives the modders the chance to buff up their programming portfolio.

Yeah, but Minecraft being 3D is, like, the entire fucking game. It's like saying that a paper cutout of a well-drawn dick makes a better dildo than a shapeless vibrator. It's stupid.

Starbound was comfy as hell back before they added all the story and bosses and tried to "balance" the game. Really gave me that old minecraft feel where there was an infinity of places to explore and no shitty game mechanics to get in your way.

Rewrite it in C++ or at least C#.

minetest tried, but it turned out the Open Sores guys are even worse programmers than Notch.

Pocket Editions Engine is written in C++. They wanted to merge the Pocket Edition Engine into the PC version but it never happened

Elaborate

I feel like I've done a good job.

Apparently they got the guy behind World War X to write an official book. How fucking far do you have to fall to do that.

Play maps. Only maps. It's an okay adventure game.

How are you gonna play an autism game without autism mods?

Minetest needs a huge shakeup. It has a good potential and framework, but the whole thing feels too "modular". The quality of the content is extremely varied, especially with art. Extra blocks are ok. Animals gave me cancer.

The game where i can get my testes mined?

The most fundamental problem with Minecraft (and most games like it) is that despite being a "sandbox" game your world interactions are honestly fairly limited.

Yes, you can pick up and replace any block you choose, but the environmental interactions between blocks is rarely any kind of satisfying and the only reason to move blocks around at all is for looks. Most other sandbox games give you plenty of things to actively interact with, and especially games that tout destructible environments give you far more interesting ways TO destroy the environments.

Not only do these types of games lack any fundamentally enjoyable environmental interactions, they also lack animations, sound, and music to help elevate the experience and – dare I say – immersion.

No matter how much other content you add, no matter how many enemy skins you have, no matter how advanced the combat system is, no matter how many meters you have to pay attention to, and no matter how much progression there is it will never honestly feel like an actual video game and will just feel like a clunky rickety mess leaving almost all of the visual and creative work up to the player.

I can enjoy ASCII Roguelike games far easier than Nethack just because of the impossibly large amount of world interactions available, but in vanilla non-modded Minecraft I get bored before the end of what I'd consider a modest play session.

I don't know why you'd play minecraft instead of Gmod

Minetest is the polishing equivalent of striking it with a hammer.

hey if I uploaded this modpack (except for the shaders because ymmv) would anyone wanna play it?

the community is the only turd in minecraft

minetest had potential but in the end it's just become a way for slavs and brazilians to play industrialcraft modpack clusterfucks without paying for the real game

It's all 10 year olds and youtube "content creators" playing an unfinished game.

What are some mods like a XP storage system would make they game less annoying, but wouldn't make it a different game like a complete overhaul? I'm talking about keeping it Vanilla for the most part but removing the bullshit out of the game.

(checked, nice)
In my opinion, you'd have to rework the hunger system, if not totally remove it, as well as make villages more than an easier way to get free shit like iron armor.

What's wrong with the hunger system? I heard people bitch about it in the past but not elaborate their anger.

There's nothing wrong with a hunger system, it's just that vanilla minecraft doesn't have enough kinds of food.

Take a page out of Don't Starve which does the hunger system very well (it's in the FUCKING NAME) and scatter more edibles around the game world.

This. Either this or Terrafirma.
If you want futurism instead then Matter Overdrive + Warpdrive + Mystcraft (for planets/dimensions) + whatever else you think will fit in and add content.

Vanilla minecraft hunger system is ridiculous, though.

It was made by literal retards.

Thoughts on the idea of a system that allows players to claim land to prevent greifing if they have the right amount of XP/levels, and instead of losing 40 levels on death you lose 2 levels of XP every time you die?

Like factions, but without needing to join a faction of players.

Scratch that. Helpful villagers,Millénaire,and factions should be merged.

Get out and stay gone forever, """griefing""" is not a fucking problem.