Team Fortress 2 Vintage (TF2V): Gamenight SOON(TM) Edition

Recent news

VERSION 2.9 RELEASED, LINK IN DOWNLOADS
GAMENIGHT THIS WEEKEND FOR TF2V

TF2V, what is it?

TF2V is a "pre-mannconomy" version of TF2 without the visual clutter and bloat. The only QoL additions is Pyro's airblast and the Engineer building carry. As well as additions of stock gamemodes such as Payload, KotH and Arena

Downloads

Google Drive (2.9): drive.google.com/open?id=0B1gXHJCkdUUOeHpjeXpFWWYzTkk

ModDB (2.9): moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/downloads/team-fortress-2-vintage-v29

Mega mirror (2.9): mega.nz/#!fY1RyLra!SDbXPZn0oevhRtG2HeLuZ-oM1-C97BnyUYP45NYjDuE

TF2V GIT REPO

github.com/TF2V/TF2Vintage

DED GAME LOL

The game has slowly been rising in popularity, and was featured on both the front page of ModDB and their Twitter.

WHERE ARE THE WEAPONS?

Development is focused first on bugfixes, If/when that's all done then focus on weapons can be started. However weapons needed to be coded from the ground up, so unless you want to start that for us then don't ask for something not on anyone's radar right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!1LBwUahT!SadokXdb6fbwwt_5iMQqs0wE2t_cLdvMYy_2ytVKa80
archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC
archive.is/j9jgn
mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo
mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/Gonna
developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/
raymond.cc/blog/how-to-make-a-non-steam-css-server-using-revemu-vup-and-esteamation/,
moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server
mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg
rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885
poal.me/8ub3rn
reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6x3036/team_fortress_2_vintage/
drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DNlZwRTdUWVF5T0E
archive.is/6dOAt
my.mixtape.moe/ujgveg.torrent
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ded game

What are the specifications for a .wav file to use as a soundspray?

16 bit .wav file, 512kb or less, any wavelength saved as jingle.wav in tf2vintage/custom/jingle. A dud file is pre-placed where the file should go.

Sample rate needs to be 44100khz I believe.
Either that or 40100khz.

fpbp

Hopefully it doesn't fully die before items get implemented
Got sick of perma stock ultra tryhard pretty quick

Why bother? I don't see why people would download this instead of the live version.

So anyone want to explain the compressed maps drama?

tf2v devs try to make tf2c with a smaller file size and less bloat
they chop out the code and models involving the shitty gamemodes with new characters that made tf2c unique so basically now you're playing stock tf2 (which already existed)
anyway in their extreme autism they packed in so many stupid maps the game now takes up more space than the original 'bloated' mod, and there are so few servers there is no reason for there to be this many maps. the mod also is full of shitty bugs involving the spy and skyboxes. this means that this game is now an official downgrade from live tf2, tf2's 2007 port, fortress forever, tf2c, and pretty much every other tf2 mod you can find

TL;DR version
Devanon wanted to push everyone to 2.9 because there are people still playing v1 builds which have loads of issues. So Devanon put the maps into a format valve uses in retail TF2 to save space. memesystem's serveranon can't be assed so people got version mismatches and couldn't join. Codeanon/Z'Gok leaves because the whole situation burned him and as a result since he seemed to be stuck in the middle of all this. What makes me wonder is who is running the moddb page now and who was running it at first?

I'm convinced at this point people who hosts servers can't leave their ego shit out of this. Outside the dumb idea to pack balloon race and some other shitty maps in It's just the stock TF2 maps packed into vintage.

If i had the ability, i would run a server and actually run it well. Of course, im poor and dont have the ability.

But the download only has the base maps in it? I don't see any custom maps in TF2V. I'm using the 2.9 posted in OP.

Nobody Plays It: The Game

remember to
fugging download these maps if you're having trouble with the server
mega.nz/#!1LBwUahT!SadokXdb6fbwwt_5iMQqs0wE2t_cLdvMYy_2ytVKa80

Different user, but thanks for the recap. I'll be joining the game night, provided I finish my project in time.

Hahahahahahahaha why not just play regular tf2 but with a sourcemod plugin Hahahaha
just turn off the non-stock weapons and disable the hats Haha

thanks gabe

I fucking hate this nigger so much. His videos are shilled every single thread of every single game.
There's a million things wrong with modern TF2 and he pretends to notice different lighting.

Why are you upset? There are plenty of people that highlight the problems with the current version of Tf2.

Is this video incorrect?

I'm just sick of seeing those FUCKING THUMBNAILS
Every fucking thread I know I'm going to see them

you didn't answer >>13284213's question.

Is the video incorrect?

why are tor posters utter cancer?

Seems to be fixed now, ignore this. memesystem is gone anyways now

Please come back tf2v i miss you

Where's the servers eggman
Help me I'm on revemu and can't search for anything on server browser

there are none

does 2.9 have linux libraries?

s-salami server is still up

devanon might know, where ever the fuck he is

i know user. tragic isn't it?

gib ip?

185.62.188.116:27015

When the fuck are you guys online?

Some time after 12:00 PM MST

You better be on today nigger or i'll be sad

archive.fo/4rSez
archive.fo/vjsGX
archive.fo/2ig5u
archive.fo/rbfQ1
archive.fo/o9dvh
archive.fo/gc3Ni
archive.fo/QEzFW
archive.fo/OK747
archive.fo/F3k6k
archive.fo/ambLC
archive.is/j9jgn

Been fun lads.

I've been here and still am here. What's wrong?

Yes.

Should be two/three up. Tomorrow I'll get a serveranon to host for gamenight.

just fuck my shit up

We need to compile a troubleshooting guide for this shit.
I'll just go ahead and re-re-re-redownload v.2.9 again.

That's because you need to be using 2.9 maps. The map pack in is both outdated and made by a server purist who failed to understand why the new update is important. I'd recommend downloading the most recent version of 2.9 off of the links in OP.

Ah.

Which server is everyone going to play on? Memesystem has outdated maps iirc.

Salami sounds like a good idea since it's still up

72.209.202.187:27015
seems to be up to date

Well alrigh–
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Works on my machine. Are you using a no-steam version?

Yes.
I'm using Revemu, a non-steam client. Let me grab the guide to set it up:

Here is how to install revemu on windows, i.e. make it no-steam. Technically this needs to be done once by the guy who releases TF2V for the next version, so that the game will be standalone and run out-of-the-box. But anyone can do it. I have shit upload speed.
What you need:
1. Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer from steam. ( Just in case: mega.nz/#!AuJgSL6Z!9TatZzJMuSVXUKyRWXbCYq4CWQIUaD-NPmMVCeGIzbo or mega.nz/#!BqISUDRB!AINJuuTt4dV4tSuiPwH_ws6u8VsaGzri-grpfGF2aLM
Hash: 3bb2e73-d2d220-698-8376cd-1abbcfa-6781-0ad7f3e )
2. TF2V from OP.
3. Revemu package: mega.nz/#!IrJHyJiK!-U9fLMW4hTgCFBaYh9xPIWWjx-TmjNXy-C3O09UDjd4
In case the link goes down, here is the original source: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_179/Gonna need full package from 27.04.2016. Then an update from 20.01.2017, it's a single dll, goes into game root.
Start by placing tf2vintage folder in Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer, instead of sourcemods. Now Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer can be renamed to anything and placed anywhere, I will be calling it game root.
Optional: fire up the game to make sure everything works by creating hl2.exe shortcut and adding -game tf2vintage. See first pic. You won't need that shortcut after this, you can delete it later.
Extract revemu to game root. Second pic is how it should look like.
Shut down steam and fire TF2V.exe.
That's it, make sure everything works.
You can look through rev.ini. But here are the most important things:
ProcName=hl2.exe -novid -noborder -game tf2vintage -steam -silent /help
Your startup parameters. I added -novid (skips into movies) and -noborder (borderless in windowed more, makes no difference in fullscreen). More details: developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Command_Line_Options.
PlayerName=Anonymous
Self explanatory.
Everything should work as expected. Only no-steam servers will show up in server browser. They also need to have no-steam in sv_tags, if I'm not mistaken.
Hopefully I didn't fuck up. I won't have time to test linux client anywhere soon, so somebody else should do it. Ask here for any advice. Linux revemu: bir3yk.net/forum/topic_180/

lost the screenshots, fuck

And what about making a no-steam server? just replace hl2.exe in the rev.ini to srcds.exe?

I have no fugging idea.
I've been riding on the coat-tails of the people that set everything up.

Does this guide apply to hosting no-steam servers? Or do server hosts only have to add the no-steam tag?

There's something about adding no-steam to the tags but also setting a server variable that checks for the steam client. The previous serveranons should know how to do it.

Happy birthday, TF2.

fug, I mean TF

well alright, we got some people in
get in

That's because he covered some of those problems in another video and wanted to focus on graphical downgrades made to a game that can be run on a toaster.
Nice fucking ID TORfag.

I just noticed my ID, holy shit

wew

Sure is a lot of newfaggotry in this thread. Fuck this shit, I'm going to kill some Gooks

If it's possible, could the server owner for the salami server turn off festive mode?
It's spitting out a bunch of red "x"s when certain things happen.

So that's what that is.

The server owner for Salami Inc. hates TF2V, so that won't be happening.

fug.
What happened to sappy anyway?

then why host?

Because TF2V is more popular than TF2C and has players.

Hates TF2V due to having more than just the original stock maps so quit hosting.

Alright it does have to do with installing revemu on the server.
Just– just don't know how

Threw a bitch fit about having to delete stock maps he didn't run on his server after he downloaded 2.9

IT'S HAPPENING

Alright I did everything on the moddb for installing and it still is not showing up in my library. Does the file need to be a certain name? I knew I had to do that for TF2C

You just put the tf2vintage folder in sourcemods and then restart Steam.

Nice.

Ok, board bias aside I've seen a couple of people already mention other mods that seem to do, or near enough, have the same intent as this. Anyone else play any of the other versions? I hear tf2 classic is run by a notorious faggot/lolcow, but I haven't heard much about the others tbh.

Are you fucking talking about a vietnam game user? Because I'm itching to play a game about vietnam right now.

>>>/cow/239854

If you've got it on something other than the C Drive you'll need to do this from an administrator command prompt:
mklink /d C:\\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2vintage D:\\steamapps\sourcemods\tf2vintage
then restart Steam

Hold on, I just spaghetti'd out a guide for the sticky.
It was adapted from this guide for setting up CS:GO with revemu, raymond.cc/blog/how-to-make-a-non-steam-css-server-using-revemu-vup-and-esteamation/, and the setting up a TF2V server from the modb page over here moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server
>Follow the guide here moddb.com/mods/team-fortress-2-vintage/news/setting-up-a-tf2v-server but stop before running SRCDS.exe
>Download the latest full revemu release here, mega.nz/#!6VtSCTRY!e_GinhwpCrW8x1CeS0IosQvgirRzECNRf-i6jTgxdvg
>Beware that last step, this may not be the correct download of revemu for servers specifically
>Download the updated steamclient.dll here rgho.st/private/6ZtcgZSlj/f690969e43c1ead768ff767d61bb2885
>Pray

FUUUUCK!!!

vintage fun is back up

What do I do

Is anyone on?

I had the same problem, but it was because i had two versions of tf2v on two different drives and I was only updating the one I wasn't using. If you have another drive check it for a tf2vintage folder

check /tf2vintage/download folder

Why is this allowed?

they don't have a fastdl server

Can we have a plain tf2 server in here too?

please?

Take the hint retail TF2 is trash

I'll ask again later then.

There is something I am not too sure about the weapons, if you ever decide to include them, were they all balanced on release? some stuff like the flare gun were clearly simple alternative weapons, but some stuff that is considered a side-grade could have dominated at some point of the game, right?

Devanon stated some might be rebalanced. Others might stay as they were originally

Answer is still going to be no. No one likes fucking retail TF2 anymore, only people left are retards and brazillians

I like retail tf2, I just hate matchmaking because the server composition is bad.

Holla Forumsintage fun is re-upped.
Now with a little bit more better ping out in montana. got 64 ping average there.
74.91.123.198:27015
Also revemu compatible.
Why the fug wasn't it up during gamenight? Nobody knows.

Then go play it :^) retail TF2 is shit. The art style is fucked, the weapons are a balance nightmare. Most of the recent maps and gamemodes are shit.

BTW, current bugs?

Only issues with payload. V3 on hold till bugs with spy are sorted.

I'm not so sure I agree with that statement, but alright, and it's not like the game modes that have been in tf2 are gone, they just aren't in the matchmaking circulation

>>>/reddit/
TF2 is pretty much absolute shit at this point. A vast majority of community servers are dead, those that still exist are skial or some idle/trade shit. The art style has gone to shit and the classes barely play like they used to. Valve implements changes to the class themself further changing how it's played because idiots can't play and thus complain.

Well what exactly do you think is a balancing nightmare? Phlog? Dangershield? Something obscure that isn't the usual things people cry about that could actually contribute to a discussion that has anything of substance to discuss?
Because seriously if you have an issue with the phlog or the danger shield I can only inquire as to why are you so bad at the game because both of those things are really bad.

Don't know if you are baiting or an autist.

Could someone please check if the Revemu test server is Revemu compatible?

I gotta agree, no one can be this retarded

Nigga it's a legitimate question
is there some weapon that is really unbalanced or are you just too retarded to shoot a phlog pyro in the feet and airshot them while they're in airstrafe stun or peg a dangershield sniper without scoping so they run away like a little pussy back to resupply

IP: 72.209.202.187:27015

Almost all the recent new weapons additions or balances fuck with class dynamic just one example is Black box and Conch make medics almost redundant

Can you guess what a "balancing nightmare" is?

How many weapons does TF2 have discounting the reskinned stock ones? Do you realize how most are next to useless and there are clear cut "better ones". None of that shit is balanced and valve's "fixes" involve hitting the latest complaint of the week with a nerfbat till it's useless, rinse and repeat.

Vintage at best will be pre-mannconomy when there was pretty much only 3 weapons per class. And even then The demoman is the only one that really needs to be retooled and given the loch-n-load + caber instead of demonigger stuff

Checked. It boots for lack of steam validation.

Can you guess what a "balancing nightmare" is?

How many weapons does TF2 have discounting the reskinned stock ones? Do you realize how most are next to useless and there are clear cut "better ones". None of that shit is balanced and valve's "fixes" involve hitting the latest complaint of the week with a nerfbat till it's useless, rinse and repeat.

Vintage at best will be pre-mannconomy when there was pretty much only 3 weapons per class. And even then The demoman is the only one that really needs to be retooled and given the loch-n-load + caber instead of demonigger stuff

Taft can't connect

Have you played against a black box soldier though?
They run the second you manage to peg them with a single rocket.

And these "clear cut better ones" are?
Make a substantive argument for fucks sake. You can't just say "oh this is unbalanced, no I won't explain what is specifically wrong with it how dare you fucking ask".

Being this dense and completely ignorant to basic game mechanics is an anomaly holy shit.

Your home is calling you /reddit/

You're an intellectually bankrupt jellyfish. Enjoy playing an out of date version of a game because you are specifically bad at the current version of the game, and not because the older version is measurably better.

Gud leave then.

I'm not going to leave you alone.

>Refuses to state any balance issues for judgement that so very clearly exist
>Won't even say crusader's crossbow/ubersaw despite it being clearly better in the medic set
Mad because bad

Why don't you download the mod and play with us, try it out for yourself instead of autistically screeching in the thread.

Is this you?

It's not even questionable that the Crusader's crossbow is objectively better than the syringe gun and the blutsauger.
I'm bringing it up because it's one of the few givens you could ACTUALLY bring up and say "Oh that's unbalanced it really shouldn't be in tf2" and you can't even bring up the free 100hp dinker when asked to bring up something that is unbalanced in tf2.

Not to mention most of the items now make classes like medic usless because pretty much all classes now have some way of recovering health. Not to mention the constant changes to the base classes through movement speed.
July 7, 2016 Patch #1 (Meet Your Match Update) All Mediguns allow the Medic to match the speed of their heal target. Previously only available on The Quick-Fix.
Great, now I can run as fast as a scout for some stupid reason. Yeah that's really nice balancing that makes no sense and means basically a medic is going to heal a scout for that speed instead of keeping an eye on his teammates. Again why the fuck would I play a game where the classes are constantly changed because people like you are shit and where there's 70+ items yet only a small handful of them are used because it's near impossible to balance that many weapons without it becoming a massive clusterfuck in the process.

Because a fucking scout with 185 health is going to break the game, it's not like you're going to over extend and get mauled by a sentry or a soldier pegging your dumb 150hp ass when you overextend with the flanking class.

Maybe because it is better? Look at blautsuager. not counting the original incarnation, you lost healing rate on yourself but could essentially heal through the use of the weapon. It made a big deal in fighting pyros because now you couldn't really count on your self heal to mitigate afterburn. The tradeoffs for the crossbow are just "no headshots" and less ammo, hardly anything negative. Not to mention you can build uber through healing with it now means you can pretty much never have to even use a medigun.

A class that can self heal, equip a weapon that allows them to heal MORE and now can run at the same speed as the fastest class in the game provided they are tethered to him isn't an issue for you?
Then again you play retail TF2 and see no problem with all the bloat they've crammed in there and the other stupid shit.

Yes, because the second the fastest class in the game is pegged by anyone for ANY damage they lose two thirds of the healing rate they are getting healed for
So even excluding the fact he's barely got enough health to survive two poorly aimed rockets the health "inbalance" falls apart the second he runs into anything more dangerous than another scout.

congrats the medic is now healing himself with the blaut and the soldier is taking damage at close range from his own backblast plus the medic is being healed point for point.

again modern TF2 is trash and pretty much post mannconomy everything went to shit and has become a nightmare of balance where most of the weapons are next to useless and those that are shining are being hit by the nerf bat because stupid people can't cope

Oh no how will the soldier ever hit the medic without shooting himself
IF ONLY THERE WAS A WAY FOR THE SOLDIER TO SHOOT THE MEDIC, FASTER THAN SLOW MOVING PROJECTILES THAT DAMAGE HIM
BUT SADLY THIS DOESN'T EXIST AT ALL IN TEAM FORTRESS 2

Play TF2 Classic instead of TF2V or current year TF2 and you won't have these arguments.

TF2 Classic is for even bigger faggots.

See you're just proving my point. Balance becomes exasperated when shit just gets added to the pile. Now from your autistic screeching I know you can't mean the Direct Hit because that's something that takes skill to use. You're most likely referring to the beggar's bazooka which is pretty much what most soldiers use now because they can't aim for shit and thus need to blanket the area with explosives worse than when demo had 6 pipes to shoot at a time.

Balance works like this:

See how it works it's turtles all the way down until it's a horrid jumbled mess where earlier weapons fall off in useage or becomes next to useless to use because of everything that changes. This is an issue with Modern TF2 because there are so many weapons now it's impossible to make them work together or to make them proper sidegrades. When weapons in a game become better than what's currently out there it makes adding the older weapons useless. A good balance is outside stock each gimmick weapon provides a unique playstyle while not being clear cut "better" than any other. Metas may form around one specific set up but it should always be able to be countered easily.

I'm talking about the shotgun you retard.
You know, the weapon that specifically has a tooltip to use if enemies are too close to use your rocketlauncher.
Jesus christ are you retarded or something?

Honestly, blaut should be the least of your worries about retail TF2, it's stuff like Black Box-type weapons and Buff Banner-type weapons that fuck up the balance. Black Box-type weapons remove the need for teammates in certain situations at a detriment to a team blob power, like Phlogistinator, Mad Milk, Jarate, Gunslinger, Huo-Long Heater and so on. Buff Banner-type weapons are the kind that reward gambit strats, but fuck you up in a certain way that gimps your overall team power. Examples include Baby Face Blaster, Frontier Justice, YER, demo shields, Backburner (wew) and so on. There's also stuff that's blatantly better than stock like Solemn Vow and that pyro axe. That's my gripes about balance and if you ever think about adding weapons to this mod, you better address this.

pretty sure the solemn vow was nerfed.
And even then it is essentially redundant if you have a spy feeding the team information.
Third degree however, totally agree, needs a nerf.

And the reason I agree with the Third degree nerf is that it was proposed stat wise in comparison to the axtinguisher and not the fire axe when they were testing, and since then the axtinguisher has been nerfed.

the ubersaw needs to be nerfed more than any other weapon
the slower swing rate means absolutely nothing

a slower switch to/from change like the eyelander would probably have an impact more like what was intended, since swing cool down does not apply when you switch away from it.

The only weapons I can see without a real problem are Huntsman, Flare Gun, Crossbow, and I think that's it.

When a qyuarter of the projectile hitbox is what is decided as the "head" region that's a problem

Well, the hit detection is a real problem in the engine overall, other than that I never saw the problem, trading hitscan for projectile and in case of a medic losing whaever DPS he could have.

If I recall, it might have something specifically to do with how physics are handled by TF2 specifically. Certain things aren't enabled for network optimization

If I can remember further, I believe this is also why you can do things like hide inside of physics barrels on some maps.

You're supposed to fucking heal.
The default syringe gun exists mostly to consistently deal damage to advancing enemies whose path you can predict - like pyros and scouts, for instance. And in most of the cases where you're caught without your teammate you're supposed to run for it because your heals are super valuable and the respawn times are huge - if you find a teammate to hide behind when you're chased, good for you, but if you don't you can shoot your pew pew needle gun and sometimes whoever's chasing you will fucking die. The crossbow deals about 38 damage at close range and has huge reload times and you will likely often miss with it at this range, so you'll survive less on average when somebody bothers to chase you.

Oh, and when you're not being chased, it's a lot more valuable to just build uber and overheal instead of trying to spam arrows all over the place. You can hit someone, but since the damage cap for the weapon is like 75 chances are they'll just retreat, go to the medkit and you're not building the fucking uber you FUCK

Exactly my point.

So when are we toggling off spread?

here bach

fuck wrong link

If anything, only the pyro should get weapons because he's the shittiest class. No but seriously don't add weapons.
Are minicrits in this? I was playing pyro and reflecting shit didn't seem to deal any extra damage.

Nope dunno if it'll go back to retail. There's talk about converting it back to retail values though

For that matter, wouldn't it be better to have no randomized damage spreads and instead have fixed damage based on falloff and all that?

That would require rewriting the code for projectiles. Random spread is nice because it gives people with shit accuracy like me a chance. Not to mention because shotgun and scattergun only get 6 pellets without spread on it's a perfect square cone.

speaking of random, the weapon randomizer I might have a fix for. I can't code of course but on death delete the last known loadout of a player. and then on respawn add a new set of weapons.

I'd love if we could get someone who could rig then to rerig the classes for each weapon.

does tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads not work?

that's still stupid. make your own server then because you seem like the kind of guy that just hates any kind of unpredictability and most likely has low adaptability skill to situations

poal.me/8ub3rn

Already exists, it's the disable damage spread command. I run it on my server mainly because it makes the damage more consistent instead of having a +/- % on hits. It's also enabled by default in the competitive preset for TF2V.

Hop on Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN, fuckers

well that was disappointing but at least nobody cant stop me from having fun now

ok

3 people on now

but then 6 somehow?

man you sure made a lot of assumptions there from a single quote and a question huh?

remove weapon spread and guess which class suddenly becomes biggest class to dominate, now pair that class with a medic.

spread is fine.

Nobody implied removing spread altogether either, you spazztard.
Just because you suck doesn't mean everyone else needs to suck as much as you.
g i t g u d

They're in that part of server limbo where the player must choose between spectator, red, or blu.

so what, they're afk?

yes

No

So I only need this archive and Source SDK Multiplayer, right?

W-was I too late

I hope I can join in eventually, if it gets popular enough would it be a good idea to rent servers?

Holla ForumsINTAGE FUN is a rented server

but there is no one there atm, right? oh well, in any case I downloaded the SDK part, I'll download the game later.

right

Here's something new I was whipping up for next content update.

Nigger we don't have any of the primary issues ironed out do not go adding shit yet.

Also we should focus on one class an update. As for demo we gonna give him demonigger gear or can we cheat this one time and give him loch-n-load and caber instead to keep him in line with his class.

delete this

fuck you

the forbidden fruit

Not yet you fuck

Certain alternates may be OK, but some of them are pushing it, like Kritzkireg.

The way I see it is pre-mannconomy the items classes got were essentially alternative playstyles. The only issue I think I have is backburner which I'd personally revert to it having no compression blast and consume more ammo on use as an offset

I would rather add only the Flaregun whose drawback is putting Pyro vs Pyro at a disadvantage in exchange for a ranged weapon, if anything Scorch Shot is way less balanced.

well back burner was pre-mannconomy you have to remember. Again the way I see it is the original additional items were for alternative playstyles instead just there for gimmicks.

I don't know about this scoob.

anyone wanna play for a bit

I'll admit that I'm a stockfag and I don't like it in the first place, but shouldn't other things be ironed out?

On a side note, anyone want to have fun?

4 people on rn.

I wish I could but my GPU is giving me trouble and now I am debating how much to spend before having for a real upgrade.

At this point I can only wonder if my MOBO is damaged (but it doesn't give me trouble unless it is a certain game) or my GPU, in which case I still need to replace it even if it is a small downgrade, one thing for sure, I need a GPU that connects to the PSU, I can't trust these 75W models anymore.

Where's the fucking cloak and dagger you nigger

Gotta remember this shit takes time to code and reintroduce. he's probably jsut re-enabling TF2C shit

have any of you tried the tf2 amino

you're joking right? right?

I did install it. I slowly regret it since then:

Godamn hurricane, are people still playing this? I fucking hate missing peak hours

yeah people are. I'm honestly surprised this mod has gone as long as it has without reddit picking up on it's existence

MFW I played on the server with 32 of you diverse shitlords last week.

Seems things have been slowing down, and no doubt the TF2Cucks are still salty about vintage existing.

Before downloading the TF2V thing I decided to run the stress test and I can't believe Source can look that good even today, if only hit detection wasn't so shitty.

I wonder if it's possible since we have TF2's source code to tighten it up?

WHO WANTS TO PLAY?

It would be nice if the thing isn't hardcoded, mostly the hitbox and muzzle orientation thing.

well again we have the source code of TF2 so I'd like to think it might be in there I dunno.

Also checked moddb another TF2Cuck upset

come on goys come play tf2 with me

What are they saying?

MEDIC IS FUCKING BROKEN

okay

3 people in game

If TF2V is so shitty, what are they worried about?

really makes you think

They're afraid because there are people from TF2C jumping ship to play vintage. Not only that but Classic is bloated with shit no one wants. Even if Vintage meet's it's end goal it'll still be more in line with actual TF2 than classic

Is always what I wonder with these people, tons of games exist and there is no reason to not let the players decide.

It's almost like (((they))) don't like the free market.

So according to a friend, reddit finally found the mod. seems thought TF2Cucks have reddit accounts and have bee doing their typical autistic screeching

Have any samples? I am not even a hardcore fan of any of these mods but I enjoy the salt when these kind of things happen.

bunnyhopping?

Caber?

TF2 Vintage confirmed to bury Tf2classic and Overwatch

(checked)

That was on game night. So it was bound to be busy.

By that logic, half life is just an edited version of quake so we should all play quake.

I haven't seen anyone actively talking about Vintage on reddit, I just combed over and found pretty much only Holla Forums knows about it. Not even Fagpunch has talked about it, they've been more interested in the upcoming Janitor update for Classic.

is v3 here yet

Please dont tell leddit.
A big part of what makes the mod fun is the lack of normalfags in the community.

I don't have a reddit account at least a personal one so I don't check them often. It really is a double edged sword in that bringing in more people would really help the playercounts but at the same time turn the mod into a clusterfuck. I'm leaning towards no.

Why wouldn't you play quake? TF2C is basically trying to do it's own thing at this point and with all the assets they've been making for their own original the character modes I don't get why they haven't just made their own game yet since they only seem focused on the TF2C stuff

Well someone posted about it on plebbit I found the link
reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/6x3036/team_fortress_2_vintage/

But it seems no one cares because you can't wear silly hats or whatever

To literally who? There was only one issue which was forcing map formats and that's it. Probably just another analangered TF2C dev or REDchanit remnant.

Also looking at the replies, it looks like people who already know about TF2C. The ones who know TF2C that don't browse 4chan/Holla Forums are pretty much going to be rabidly against TF2V by default because MUH STOLEN MOD.

The question is really where can you talk about TF2V outside of Holla Forums or the moddb page that isn't shit and filled with TF2Cucks.

The only places I could think of are not English speaking.

Well again it was weird when moddb bot posted on facepunch there was positive things about it.

anyone on?

I'll play for a bit

I'll go on for a bit if anyone else does.

3 people on right now

make that 4

Seems like the mod is winding down. It's been fun. I'll still play with you guys if people wanna but it just seems like it's getting quieter and with Holla Forumsintage fun being a rented server I dunno how long that'll last.

Still thanks to everyone who played and for all the fun moments

It was a bad timing for me, I just got the new GPU and I have yet to download it, you can't expect full server all the time until there is a very stable version.

True but it seems even the regular players are getting caught up in real life stuff. still I intend to play on and off with you guys. Still even if the mod is dying we beat TF2C in that it died naturally and not from shitty drama

Who posted this on reddit, please stop

Just got confirmation that the dudes blasting it are actually from assblasted's little circle.

I wish I could tamper with the code so I could just do some test runs here and there when there aren't many people.

well the git is public so knock yourself out man.

I've been looking at some of the TF2C commands and they're needlessly long. I even axed some of the TF2V bits so instead of TF2V_MAINMENU_MUSIC It's just MAINMENU_MUSIC Less words to type and a bit easier to remember commands. I should at least push the new convars if I can be assed to set up a workspace again. Kinda refraining from coding since I can't read or write C++

IMO take the base code, see if it works and then change up only the cvars into TF2V first before drastically altering the code. It's the reason why V3 is NEVER EVER.

I almost went to the regional game developer conference to present it there, but I ultimately decided against it with how dead the userbase it.

I don't have any access to VS anymore since my trial ran out and like I said the map thing burned me and in the process I axed a lot of the code but since I made no real progress it's eh.

Still butthurt about the war huh user?

Harry Pottery

I think if possible you should have it so that a server could choose between having the original loadouts and the additional weapons, otherwise you're just going to have this mixed response.

stock enforcement is a thing. But again the focus should be not on the weapons but on the polish that's needed. Payload is still broken as is Arena's hill not being locked for a 5 count like it is in KotH.

What's wrong with the payload? is it acting strange or something?

Please go play regular TF2, there's a ton of shit-eaters like you still playing. I admit a couple of them are good, like the kritzkrieg, but it's obvious if one is introduced, it's not gonna stop there. Shit idea, poisons the mod's original purpose.

Collision on the cart is fucked. HUD and audio cues from admin use CP properties even when the assets for the PL hud exist in the files. Cart collision needs to be fixed as players hugging the cart end up clipped through the terrain.

Again devanon wants up to mannconomy and nothing past. The only change I'd make is remove demonigger gear and give him loch and caber of course to keep him in line while still offering an alternative playstyle choice

Fuck this mentality, inevitably pollutes the game. If you're not satisfied with 9 unique classes in this -team- game and want to subvert it with shitty inferior "alternate playstyles", I don't know what to say. Loch was pointless and inferior dogshit, Caber was a semi-suicide bomb that fucked over weaker classes and promoted retarded playstyle. I don't see how any of it is needed or wanted.

That's quite the buggy mess.

Is it fun to fight against?

Fuck no

Therefore, it's terrible

Sorry mate but it's gonna happen at one point. I mean shit like the kritzkrieg didn't grant invincibility but instead for a limited time guaranteed crits. Direct Hit trades blast radius for more damage and a faster moving projectile.

Again though forcing stock is gonna be a thing so there's that. Personally I don't mind staying stock but devanon has an end goal.

The game was designed around stock

this is what the game designers intended for, it's nearly the perfect formula. Only a few quality of life things and things like the sandvich (and other iconic utility weapons) added later are objectively better than stock design wise. Aside from that, stock is perfect.

Thing is you're arguing what you feel useful versus what I call useful.

You're not looking at this. Take a look at the early weapons before mannconomy. They had positives and negatives that while there were clear advantages over stock there were drawbacks. Each class only had 3 extra weapons too so balance wasn't a big issue.

is v3 here yet

There is one thing though, they have been tweaked over time, what version of the alt weapons would be the "balanced" one?

The versions of the weapons in the picture are slightly rebalanced, while I plan on releasing them hopefully in a month I'm still working on fixing them up and making them viable alternatives. For example I made the Loch-N-Load a mixture of the original version with the more modern iteration, making it from a giant piece of shit into something that rewards skill just like the Direct Hit.

stop posting any time

there's two people on Holla Forumsintage fun you faggots
this mod ain't dying on my goddamn watch

I'm on the side of stock only as well, but you might want to elaborate your point a bit more beyond angry screeching

3 people on right now

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give DEAD RINGER

7 dudes on

medic is fucking stupid

absolutely german

9 people on

10 people

>>>Holla Forums

got the latest version of 2.9 right?

devanon went with compressed maps because people have been using v1 without any upgrades and getting issues so it's a way of getting people all on the same page

when memesystem started giving me those errors, I deleted the file and redownloaded it from the server

now the upload here doesn't contain the map and the fastdl server doesn't fucking have it either

don't download those it was a fix for when memesystem is up from here on out all servers will be running 2.9 maps

pls

I can put up just the 2.9 maps if you need them gimmie a few minutes

drive.google.com/open?id=0B_TfGArtX28DNlZwRTdUWVF5T0E

THIS IS JUST THE 2.9 MAPS DO NOT DOWNLOAD IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DOWNLOADED 2.9 THIS IS FOR THOSE THAT GOT CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE OF THE FORMAT WARS

I would rather turn stock invisiwatch into cloak and dagger.

Anyone want to just like play game?

I will in a bit kinda tired since i started working again.

Poked my head back into the plebbit thread and I'm having a good laugh. alpha's faggot brigade is being stomped

Get frogged, whore.

lol buttblasted autist

Was just about to post this. Who ever the guy is debating him is doing a fucking amazing job because it's just making TF2C look like retarded shit

If you don't know, this is the equivalent to posting a screencap with a (You) next to your name.

So this fucker stalks the developers I see

WEW
Are you shitting me?

When your mod is dead and your playerbase

This is just sad

It's less of a shitpost and more of a "I'm so fucking mad I'm gonna write a wall of text"

i like to believe there isn't someone retarded enough to type a wall of spaghetti and then post in here out of sheer anger then again tf2c exists

look at what he posted. I mean fuck go look at the entire plebbit thread. Dude is just getting shat on hard by 18feeler. Seems like feeler posting his find on plebbit stirred a soy enriched bee hive

he could have saved himself a couple of keystrokes and just killed himself for being such a faggot instead of posting and telling the world about it.

Can this game have some sort of time limit and cooldown when it comes to using the microphone? I'm sick of micspam raping my ears. A good team member is quiet unless he needs to strategize or help.

In addition I sure hope these servers aren't owned by a petty, hateful admin like Alphablaster.

He's part of assblasted's circle. They're all self deluded. Though I'd kill to see the logs of their discord around the time this went down. Of course any that surface now would have to be taken with a salt shaker's worth of the stuff.

I don't have enough smug anime pics for this.

This is some meme bait, right?

No this guy legitimately believes it

also whats with commie cat?

HOLY FUCK

so I got shown this by that redditor

archive.is/6dOAt
archived the plebbit thread so they can't run from their fuck ups

Commie cat?

see one of the guys is a leftist and probably actually browses Holla Forums

you would know a lot about reddit, of course :^)

Oh, I see.

Is this possibly the Supergoy user who wrote the bullshit pasta?

whatever you wanna believe bubba

Guy is mad. Also wouldn't doubt it he seems alien to the fact that people who type calm tend to use the same mannerisms. Faggot is jumping at shadows.

Never did like the feels meme, felt too reddit. Doesn't help it came from /r9k/ originally IIRC. Not to mention looking at it now I've got a picture of a bug with literally 18 feelers/antennae. Still fun watching this trainwreck

Wemoman model remastered? The are still talented people working on tf2classic?

Can I suggest something for the download? can we have a split archive version? I would have an easier time downloading it that way, just split it onto 700MB chunks maybe.

if you're gonna suggest alternate download methods, a torrent would work best

That too I suppose, I am up for it.

Someone would have to make it I can't into torrents

Calling it now that render is as far as they'll ever get.

making a magnet link now, just have to redownload the archive

righto

Also a buddy of mine did some digging on that richter guy, unconfirmed yet but it may be buttblasted's furry boyfriend

magnet link: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:f3cc61134e9049d1038d115a4a97711941eb67d4&dn=TF2%20Vintage%20V2.9
ipfs hash: /ipfs/QmRnEqXgAmAYRc5PYqH6G4SFa3z8wTzgoa5toCaA8J2Sxg

remember to seed this shit as i don't have a good connection

downloading now to seed. I'll put this up on moddb as an alternative

Right something is wrong with the torrent it's not downloading

my port was closed, that is why
just in case here is a torrent file
my.mixtape.moe/ujgveg.torrent

make sure you have dht and encryption enabled on your torrent client too

yeah i'm gonna shut that down rn. alpha's boyfriend is some swedish guy i think.

Nope, Alpha's gay boyfriend is Vogel. It's the reason why saying anything bad about Vogel is an immediate permaban without appeal.

well i can tell you right off the bat that i'm not vogel lol

And no one will ever care who you are
Is your homepage set to hownew.ru?

Whoever the fuck feeler is he's going a great job pissing them off. In any case still downloading that torrent. If we can get seeds going I can easily put it up on the moddb page

new thread when?

Looking at the plebbit thread it seems alpha's group lost badly.

Why? So that you can starve to death twice?

any luck for v3 ?

Nope. I've got a refined variant of 2.9 I plan to release soon, but no V3. Not enough coders are around to actually try to work on it and the mannpower is too low to try and implement any major content updates. I wanted to add the first round of the inventory update as per my mod goals to start adding in good content to TF2V but the response was so negative that I gave up on trying to implement it in. I'm also starting another job in order to continue to afford developing and supporting TF2V financially which means even less time to develop from me.

bye