Am I the only person playing this at the moment...

Am I the only person playing this at the moment? I got it 50% off since I heard a couple things about it that made me curious and I'm really shocked at how good it is so far.
If you have no idea what type of game it is I'd call it a spiritual successor to the Xshock games. Honestly I like it better than Bioshock 1 & 2. Granted I'm only 4 hours into it. Still like System Shock 1 & 2 better though.
It's really stupid that they had to use the name PREY rather than their own IP with a name that fits the game better because the name only works in the vaguest sense and I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into a franchise.
If you play it, start on hard in my opinion. I'm on normal and since I've been clever about taking out enemies it hasn't been too rough, so I think most of you will want something more challenging.

That's not exactly hard.

It's a 2deep meme game that was forgotten about 3 weeks after release.

You wish, people loved it.

I have a copy floating around,I'll see if I get to it when I know the female character is a forced lesbian and you're subjected to that shit even if you choose the guy.

Dubs

So brave

It was pretty alright, better than the Bioshock games in ways other than story and art design. The problem with it is that with like most Arkane games it's too ez even on the highest difficulty unless you restrict yourself in several ways

loved it so much they forgot about it weeks after release.

I commend your courage, but advise you to just give up arguing with the No Mutants Allowed crowd, as everyone did.

OP didn't

Well, that confirms my suspicions about those numerous alien sounding posts in this game's defense coming out of nowhere both here and in cuckchan.

I still remember it and I liked it.

Nope. Although I'll give you that most games are quickly forgotten. That is the nature of vidya.

That site is still alive? What would they even talk about anymore? The last good fallout game was new vegas.

the system shock style game has become extremely boring and I've completely lost any interest in playing any games like them. First Person developers need more creativity, the genre is so horribly stagnant.

Since weebs don't play actual games, you're asking the wrong crowd. And the rest of us mostly played it on release of the crack.

It's legit the best scavenge & stats shooter in 15 years.

Are you talking about your
I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

Yup. It's apparently already 50% off already. The game lost the publics interest almost immediately. I think it still sold fairly well, which is all that matters to corps, those first 2 weeks to a month where the majority of sales come into play.

I'm playing it now.
Really liking it though some of the movement feel unnecessarily slow and clunky.
Also, sound design was really poorly done. The humanoid monsters are so fucking loud even through walls, operators beeping are too loud. It don't make no goddamn sense

I beat it a few weeks ago. I liked it a lot. Shame it was called "Prey," but that's Zenimax's fault, not Arkane's.
It has flaws, but overall it's definitely a good game.
Anyway, a lot of people here shit on even if they didn't play it, because
The hi/v/emind is real.

>>>/reddit/

The best things about that game were the creative ways you could use the gloo gun, and the mimic enemies/mimic system. Any other enemy are bullet sponge blobs, humanoid or not.

Poltergeists were cool. And the notNerf gun was a fun "weapon." Creative uses of recycler charges were amusing, too.
You were doing something wrong.

Probably because I put it on hard. I should've lowered the difficulty.

That makes sense. I played it on normal.

I just talk about what I want to talk about dude. I'm not really worried about if people agree with me or not.

I seriously think the name was a MASSIVE marketing fuck up and other than that one trailer that told me nothing about how the game played I remember no marketing.

I thought the enemies were stupid before I played it, but after having played it I think they are used well and I genuinely fear the worst enemies.

Yeah I'm on normal and they aren't sponges. Though on the other hand it feels a little too easy for my tastes so far.

That is the nature of disposable trash. Not videogames.

I don't think so. The fact that you can't find any sales figure about this speaks for itself.
It sold less than Dishonored 2 in the opening week.

I'm pretty interested in this game but all the gunplay I've seen has been fucking horrible.
Could that just be chalked up to people who are terrible at games making the videos, or is the gunplay really that weightless and boring?

You'll want to swap out focus on weapons when you get access to the psi abilities, unlike SS2 where the psi attacks were kind of underwhelming Prey goes in the complete opposite direction and makes them outclass pretty much all the weapons you have.

The main problem they can't get away with is that the levels are open but they punish your from going from the beaten path, with enemies that are way harder than you're able to handle showing up and beating you to death.

So they punish you for exploring, which is half the game.

Guns are shit starting out.
You're supposed to either rely on psi powers, or take the perks that let you max out weapon upgrades.

That wasn't my experience at all. The closest I ever got to that was running into a technopath pretty early in the game (in the hardware labs, I think?), but I managed to beat it anyway. You just have to be cautious and think before you act.

Prey looks worse and is more clunky that indieshit and you have absolutely no reason to play it.

Thanks for that hot take. I'll be sure to let everyone know how you feel.

Doesn't really feel like it

Been playing it the last couple of days and I find it pretty good albeit a bit too easy on normal

Yikes. Get some nullwave transmitters. It's best to throw them at voltaic phantoms (and telepaths and technopaths) before engaging them, so they can't use their powers.

While I liked nuPrey well enough, Arkane is actually worse than Bethesda because they're a bunch of rabid tumblr-tier SJWs.

Only reason I'm skipping over the game is because of Denuvo DRM. I'm sure it's a fine game, but that and the fact that Prey 2 died for this is enough to deter me.

I thought it was cracked?

The gunplay IS bad, but the fighting in this game is kinda like a puzzle, it's more about figuring out clever ways to take out enemies while using thr minimum amount of resources.
Videos aren't going to sell this game, everything about it looks generic and boring, but it's the way the various gameplay systems interact with each other that makes for a pretty fun game.
Just pirate it to test it out.

Dont worry there was a closed door between me and that thing

There's always some trick to deal with those and it's intuitive enough that you can figure it out by yourself, for example you can easily take out phantoms without taking any damage by using just the wrench, if you sneak up on them and hit them with a charged melee, you actually knock them unconscious for a few seconds, long enough to finish them off with more charged attacks. But if everything fails, you can always sneak past instead of fighting.

Oh, I see it now.

It's okay but very easy on Hard, that is - if you know what you're doing. The gameplay itself is fine, but there was no drive for exploration as the game progressed: narratively and survival wise (as in for supplies or ammo). Gunplay is serviceable, and there are a few combat choices—even if the sheer number of Neuromods ulitmately ruin the build progression—but it comes off as a 'jack of trades' game yet a master of none, with none of the choices really being preferable or fleshed out.

The narrative was underwhelming, often leaving the story barren into terms of both progression and pacing. Leading me not care for the crew of Talos 1, its lore, or exploration. There is the great foreshadowing of Morgan's character, but I feel like it falls flat in Prey due to the way it conveys its narrative. There's no proper culmination of anything in Prey, lacking the punch of Thief's, System Shock 2's, and even fucking Bioshock 1's writing.

Die

I hear there's a mod that makes it harder, limiting resources and limiting how many copies of an item you can produce at fabricators. (I think it ties a certain number of copies to each license you find.)

I should check that out next time I pirate it, and maybe not go with a security build this time.

Posters itt don't sound like human beings to me.

I'm just autistic, but many of the posters do come off as shills itt.

I thought it was a medium-to-good game that would've avoided a lot of shitposting and heartache if they had just fucking ==chosen a different name and not used Prey==

no one expects effort out of shills

Using the recycler grenades on the aliens let me have a ton of exotic materials to use, which somehow caused my limiting material to be metals half the time. I still believe that the game should not have allowed the player to fabricate neuromods.

Indeed
My turn
Check dubs

Now

Fuck

Fuck it, posting the only good thing about this game besides the Mimic gimmick.

Heh.

Sad!

Get out of here todd!

There are no white people in the game only that doctor in the beginning -in case you didn't know it.
Besides that
played it on the hardest difficulty and just as this user said you have to restrict yourself to get any challenge
There are basically no weapons.
i played only with the shotgun throughout the game and didn't use the psi shit, since the turrets turn against you i thought i get a different ending too
Pretty creepy in the beginning, i was paranoid as hell when i first started. But that fades quickly as you get to know the game.
No one mentions this but the female character turns into a male once you leave the hub in the beginning. you can see that by the shadow of your character.
This is a must for every space station related game. they did meh, though.
the game has a dahaka that chases you later on in some areas. Not good implemented and sounds like a whale

Mikhaila (your ex-girlfriend) is white. That criminal guy in the tank is white. The crazy guy in the cafeteria is white. One of the security guards in the cargo bay is white. That's all off the top of my head. There are plenty more. You're retarded.

Mikhaila isn't white, she's a slav. The crazy cafeteria guy is also a slav. Most of the "white" people are slavs. You're retarded.
BLYAT CYKA VODKA PROOFS?

Mikaela is presented brown, you niggers, despite her last name ending with vic.
sure, but lets count them in for now.
i definetly don't remember him

However, those are 5, nigger, 5.
Basically 5 white people then Doc included.
And all others are Arabs, chinese and niggers.

Sounds like it suffers from a bad case of pic related, which is the impression I got from the analysis videos I watched. The lack of enemy types seemed absurdly lacking, too: I would expect more than 3 base enemy types + palette swap variants + the Greater Mimic, ooooh, scaaaary.

It was also interesting seeing the vast difference in play style between a KB+M and a PS4 controller, since one of the guys played the PS4 version of the game. Never in my life have I seen such a clear piece of evidence that consoles and the prevalence thereof are responsible for shitty game design trends. I'm very particular about the way games feel and play, so the fact that there are so many menus and button prompts for every single fucking action on every single object in Prey would have rendered the game unplayable for me. I wondered, why would any right-minded developer do this?

Oh, they did it so you only had to use one button on your PS4 controller.

Oh, consoles.
Oh, because the console player literally slid past what he was trying to wrench half the time and missed because analogue sticks are awful for this kind of game.

That's some pretty good criticism. I especially like the idea that, if you can just run past enemies, it's neither an action game nor a stealth game–and it's barely even a game at all anymore, but "pretend gameplay." I hadn't thought of it in those terms before.
I think a solution would be to actually make things more RPG-like. In the first Deus Ex, for example, you created your character at the beginning of the game, distributing points so that you start out proficient at some things and deficient at others. That would allow you to focus on combat or stealth, without making both optional, with the quickest option just running through the level.
Maybe that's what some of the modern takes on Looking Glass style games are missing. Hell, even some ostensible "RPGs" like Skyrim and Fallout 4 were missing that element, too.

Dropped

This is the marketingest marketing post I've ever seen shilled here

Bethesda please leave

It's odd to think something as simple as a character creator would be a key point in the formula, but you're probably right. Shit, I remember when I played Lord of the Rings Online for all of a week, I took the trouble to make a lore-compatible character with a lore-appropriate name because there was a little description telling me the differences between the men of Bree, of Rohan, of Gondor, of the Dale, and so on.

The nu-Looking Glass games don't really do that, do they? If you want to tell a story, Dark Messiah showed us it can work, but that game was tightly linear and you couldn't very well MAKE skill points.

>choices don't really matter because it's a simulation of the MC's memories
>ending is kill them or shake hands even though you're an ayy lmao of a species that fucked up the Earth possibly beyond repair
Pretty boring game overall; just use the Typhon shit and forget about the story.

The ending was pretty fucking hilarious if nothing else.

Try next time on not being that obvious, shill.

the issue over all is with the mimics they're so fucking uninteresting and very limited in their design that they're just not fun to fight they're not scary what so ever since later on you get a thing which spots them out for you and it isn't like they're hard to spot out anyways since they move around every other moment.

that shoe horned in lesbo subplot is the worst though, it's one of the longer missions and you hear about it far more then it really needs, the part where it gets into the main mission line is fucking trash though >yeah kill that guy who killed my lesbin lover while I just run out of air in space even tho I'm a strong independent wymon who don't need no man after all, fuck me that dnd side shit was awful as well. it highlighted just how tiny the fucking station is which is funny because its design wastes so much space because of "muh aesthetics"

the characters(outside of muh lesbios) are pretty decent to work really well your brother is pretty much perfect and everytime he talks to you it really comes off as he's really talking to you as if his brother is dead.

over all the game feels like it's half complete but not due to any kinda rush but because of a poor lead designer or something

so the "true" ending is that nothing really happened, just in case you started to feel okay about wasting your life playing this game.

God forbid I ever post about having obtained a new game.

Only games made before 1999 are allowed here sorry user

Also please don't forget Holla Forums totally isn't one person

You're right. It gets old though.

You mean you don't like talking about the same 20 classics over and over and complaining that no good games are released despite nobody here actually playing anything?
Fuck off

There isn't a single plot device I hate more, and any game that uses it deserves to be shitlisted.

There's a Falcom thread here that is pretty good.

But keep in mind that humans are social creatures. Everything ALWAYS devolves into a hivemind. No matter how much one hates it Reddit is the human condition.

Personally my favorite experience is the 20 year old classic thread gets a bunch of shitposters for no reason other than to be fuckers.

The problem isn't that you got a game, you mong. The problem is that you're supporting a shitty company that uses it's consumer base to fix their products for them, and the use of a shitty anti-piracy software that revokes access to your games if you're offline too long. The worst part is that you didn't even pirate first to see if the game was good or not, you just threw your money at it like an idiot.

I'm honestly surprised you weren't expecting this kind of reaction from people, but with the userbase growing like it is, I really shouldn't be.

Liberal faggots hate any forum with differing opinion.

I was expecting people to shit on Bethesda, but I wasn't expecting SHILL SHILL SHILL.

It's not hard to come off like that when you come off like an insufferable faggot.

This nigga's got truth bombs

You gave money to a company that makes shitty games with anti-consumer publishing and development policies. By rights, people like you ought to be banned so you learn how to fucking pirate games.

NMA is the joos