Path Of Exile Fall of Oriath vs Diablo 3 Patch 2.6.0

Yes, It's one of these threads. Having invested 540 hours in Path Of Exile and taking a long break from the game, I decided to revisit it to see what changed. So why am I comparing it to Diablo 3? Because I bought into the hype back in 2012 and boy am I disappointed in what it evolved into.

So after leaving PoE, I wanted to see how the necromancer was for Diablo 3. Decided to get the bundle pack with Reaper of Souls.

No, I am not shilling for Blizzard because the game is alot more simplified compared to Path of Exile. I started on Path of Exile back when the game would end at Act 3. Some of the positives from PoE was the gritty atmosphere, some of the detail of the in-game items like the crusader great helm and gladiator helmets, and back when the game was more stable. Now I can't even play it on the lowest setting without dying nearly instantly on almost every 75+ map run I have done so far.

TL:DR Path Of Exile has turned to shit for me and I'm actually enjoying a once shitty Blizzard game. How the fuck did this happen?

Grim Dawn is better.

I don't know how anyone enjoys these games. The combat is mindless shit in pursuit of loot to make the mindless shit faster and more automated so you can collect more loot with no purpose besides feeding into that cycle.

I saw Grim Dawn from a few videos. How is it?

Grim Dawn is shit
Zombasite is the best

Did you ever play Titan Quest? It's pretty similar to that.

Same devs at Titan Quest.

Nah I haven't. I'll have to check it out later.

as*

if you played that much poe and didn't mind d3 then you will enjoy grim dawn. I think it's probably the strongest game of the three but also easiest to just hit that wall where you feel like stopping

I dunno honestly. They both are equally terrible.
Maybe play good ARPGs instead.

No wonder the game is too hard for you.

How?

Maybe you should play the games before talking shit

You spend money on PoE? I joke.
*Ahem*
PoE went to a direction you don't like with D3 went to one you did. The thing about always online is that the game changes….

Also D3 fem necro is sweet. Hope the necro dlc sale comes soon.

I don't like PoE much but it sounds like you got plenty out of it. As others have said, Grim Dawn is pretty good, so is Titan's Quest (recently got updated to work better on modern stuff). I don't think I need to mention Diablo 2.

That said, if you do enjoy Diablo 3 even after the first few hours of initial rush, perhaps it's the right game for you so disregard the above, I suggest just playing whatever is at the top of r/gaming that month.

Back to Cuckchan or wherever the fuck you came from.

You got what you deserve

I have 5000h of PoE since close beta all of you are smalltime

I agree with OP. I used to love PvP back when PoE was fresh, and before we made literal game-breaking PvP builds. After we told GGG devs and they told us "the problem is a design flaw in the client/server and would require a complete re-write from scratch to fix"… I quite.

I don't know how many hours I had into PoE, but I am sure as shit that I have well over 5000hrs into D2. A good replayable game should be replayable forever. See: card games and board games that have been around for 100+ years. I guess I might try GD and D3 they sound nice.

vid related is one of the last times i played since that build broke the server once i got to level 50+

tbh all of you should be gassed

kek

I bet this is you:
low level pvp == everyone has shit items but you still cry about pvp because YOU FUCKING SUCK LEL

Why? I don't understand.

Reported for obvious shilling, no-one plays D3. Everyone knows it's shit.

I really wish you would post your steam account so I can laugh at your shit taste faggot

let me know when you're good at a fighting game or starcraft broodwars.

I really like Diablo II. I play to complete different character builds with item, xp, and time efficiency, but many modern games are designed for grind which I don't like.

Am I alone on this?

When you die in diablo 3 you know why.
99% of all PoE hardcore deaths are extreme one shots.

Yeah man. I beat diego umejurez too ;^)

How about fucking neither? Diablo-style hack and slash games are trash. It's a tradition of shit games.

You are a massive retard and I'm glad you won't pollute my game with your stupid thoughts
t. Supporter since closed beta with over 2000 hours and $400 spent

Since this is the default aRPG thread, what's a aRPG you can play off-line? Preferably one made after 2009…

Grim dawn is great but has like 1/5 of poe content or less.

Poe is less p2w and more p2p. You cant play without stash tabs and premium stash tab and currency tab.

Grim dawn.

The only problem with grim dawn is how grounded it is. Build progressions are linear, skills are lame as fuck.
But everything looks great and works perfectly.

40$ is stash tabs, but what are the rest? Ugly ass mtx? Poe dont even have 400$ worth of good looking shit.

Dont forget random crushes. And I even remember desync They fixed it, but its still fucked over everyone lots of times. .

I fucking love Dungeon Siege II, definitely my favorite of the genre

It's almost like vidya gaems are mindless shit for mental children. Woah.

Like pottery.
Game's economy is based around trading stuff and you can buy more storage to have more stuff, so it's direct p2w.

grim dawn same like titan quest is a bit traditional approach, but the amount of classes and skill trees is pretty cool and fun to discover, unless you try to minmax it with a guide.

You most certainly can, it is just that you are so used to shit like poe.trade to hold your hand that you forgot how to actually play the game.

The correct answer is Torchlight II.

knowing diablo is from blizzard, and they have to make everything retarded and streamlined, is there simply no game where theres is no goofy shit, no humor slapped in, just frantic hobomurdering everything? I fucking hate humor in my dark fantasy, I want to see grimdark shit and not get a single laugh from it, I want hardass killing everything on feeling myself drained out of any fun, just fast paced combat through myth and fantasy.

This I can somewhat agree with. If you want to play efficiently you pretty much need a currency tab and at least 1 premium stash tab.
Those cost 9$, which is pretty fucking good for a game that'll get expansions for free and that you can play for thousands of hours.
You can obviously still play without those, it's just annoying to do.

Using a single premium stash tab to trade works just fine.

Then what do you win? It's a single player pve game.

There are Diablo 1 and 2 but I doubt you're willing to play games older than you.

I'm just tired of sjws, of gay agendas, of everything, I have always evaded blizzard games, I hate humor in my fantasy thats all, I dont need coldsteel on my shit, I just want to have a fucking bleak world where nothing is good where everything has gone to dogs and then crush my way through. I hate easter eggs, I despise internet meems in my games, the moment censorship and memes enter any community its gone, its all fucking gone.

I played without any extra tabs for two leagues. it can be done, but once you have a currency tab you cant even imagine playing without one.

also, there are easily enought good looking mtx to spend a fortune on. some alternate skill effects look great, the new cloth physics attatchments are nice and there are some good looking armour sets, pets and wings. all of which is hilariously overpriced in my opinion, but such is life with f2p games.

A premium currency tab and then one other premium tab and you are golden. I have every currency set to sell for chaos and then I have a chaos set to buy every currency in a premium tab. Basically buy low, sell high (~11%-25% spread). Just have to keep increasing the spread until I am not getting 10 whispers a minute. Super easy to double chaos in an hour. Then learn to identify top tier roll and sell those with the remaining space in the premium tab. Or you can just download the script for selling items from normal stash tabs.

Torchlight 2 thanks to steamworkshop with easy as fuck mod access and Diablo 2 are still the best ARPGs.

You cant even hold all the loot from some uberlab runs without additional tabs unless you play in 6 windows to pile everything in them. And it will reduce your fps even its one additional window. And you will spend a lot of time managing that shit.

Some crazy people even sell scouring orbs 2:1c. Flipping low amounts of currency might look like free money but yo still wasting a shitload of time on it. So farming might be better and faster for any good build. Not sure about sc, shits fucked up there. Besides smugness its one indisputable advantage of hc league.

Expansion soon.

More like never ever. Wasn't it supposed to come out 4 month ago?

No? They actually never said when it's coming out and I think the title was announced just like two weeks ago.

Though they supposedly just started testing the second half of the new content and from their forum posts, they seem pretty confident for a Q3 release.

you are…
We all swallow the D3 hype. So, it's OK. But I'll never gonna reinstall that shit again, or buy another Blizzard turd, ever.
PoE is excellent in most aspects, except the online, sometimes ping out for no reason at all.
Grim Down was just fucking boring for me. Just saying.

problem with poe i can't get into its fucking lonely as fuck playing it. not to mention can't really decide on what you want to play cause of billion passive tree combos and only a handful are decent to good.
D3 is expensive shit that I am surprised is still played unless endgame/hard game is different from launch I really don't know I didn't touch it after getting to hell and refunding it cause it was to retarded to play