Tank Vidya

What is new in Tank Vidya?
Is there anything new in Tank Vidya?
Any mods for games that have good Tanks?
Failing that post Tankfu

Will it be shite anons?
Also does this mean that Armored Warfare is completely BTFO?

Armored Warfare still has players? I thought Update 20 killed everything.

I think they may have one or two whales still about. Apparently they were retarded enough to kill off PvE, i.e. the only gamemode keeping it afloat. They recently announced they were making a PS4 version of the game and tried to shill heavily how big the PvE was going to be for the console crowd; but Wargaming has just announced they are making a PvE World of Tanks game complete with a proper campaign and co-op so Armored Warfare on console will be dead on arrival.

This has my tentative interest. More for the coop than anything.

Didnt someone in the last thread say he was going to write up an essay on exactly how Armored Warfare fucked up? Did he ever finish?

Didn't we have that done by someone else already? I remember reading about it a few months ago.

I don't think so.

He never finished it before the thread died and I didn't see it in any of the threads after

it was done but never updated. I forgot to add stuff like selling regular progression vehicles for real money Overall though I kind of stopped caring about AW so haven't got that much material to add.
This user saved it though which saves me uploading it.

Thanks laddy

recent tank games? no they've almost killed the whole genre, at least in the west.

Thought Chinks were having a bash at it finding new and interesting ways to fuck up?

Jesus, I've been away from WoT for a while now but this has my interest.

Is the PvE a seperate game entirely or will it be tied to WoT?
What's WoT like now anyways? I recall playing around open beta, getting to like tier 8 and quitting, although I don't recall why exactly I quit.

All they ever had to do with Armored Warfare was to stop, listen to community feedback, analyze community feedback, fix the bugs and keep scaling it upwards. Maybe even add some complexity to damage modelling in the future. And better yet, maybe experiment with the game modes. How would a long, ticket based match have worked, similar to Red Orchestra and Battlefield games, where you fight over several objective areas and have to capture them in sequential order. You would also get to respawn, which will be deducted from team tickets.

It seems to me that they either completely lost the long term plans or outright started panicking and running around like headless chicken after the open beta. Maybe the whole running around panicking thing is a inherit flaw of F2P-model for devs.

All they did was flog a dead horse for 2 years and go nowhere with development.

mail.ru just wanted a WoT cashcow, told them to make it like WoT as much as possible, and to suck money out of peoples pockets like a vacuum

None exist, come back in 40 years and hopefully by then we will have an actual half-decent one.
Currently your options are:

No games, only despair

If open beta was your last experience, then things have changed a lot.

Good:
- They tightened the matchmaking spread, so its only +/- 2 instead of 3.
- Light tanks no longer have their own hidden matchmaking, and they rebalanced the light tree to reflect this. (No more T6 lights seeing T10 matches)

YMMV:
- Artillery is not fun to play. If you cursed the days when SPGs are king and GW Tiger could one shot you like a guided missile, rejoice, for artillery is now near useless and misses 50% of even aimed in shots.
- New maps. A lot of the maps they introduced were pretty badly balanced, and they withdraw a few of them as well. Swamp and a few maps were redesigned as well.
- Paper tanks all over the place. You got EU/Polish/whatever the fuck shitting up the tree now, along with clone chinese tanks, imaginary German TDs etc. If you like collecting tanks, then you'd like it, else it's mostly cancer.

Bad:
- Spotting mechanics are still the same.
- HP
- HE is still useless unless you got a large calibre gun
- Hovermediums T9-10s
- Game modes are stagnant. Historical mode died on arrival thanks to mismanaged devs, and the fact everyone wanted to be in Tigers instead of shitty Panzers.
- Premium tanks that shit up regular, unupgraded tanks. Recently they gone the trend of making even premium tanks OP.

So all that shit is going to be free to play right?

Remember when Steel Battalion was turned into a Kinnect game?

Shit nigga why did you have to remind me of that?

The thing is, according to an insider Obsidian actually wanted to listen to feedback and improve the game, even making it so that it wouldn't be a copy of WoT.
They were, however, not allowed to do so, as their contractor wanted a WoT clone, and cared very little of how the actual game played. All they wanted was for it to make a profit.
When the 0.19 update came around, Obsidian had finished it, but never got paid, thus it took a long time before we saw it.
The 0.19 update that was given was according to the insider also very different from what it should have been in Obsidians vision.

Well a lot of the time they did listen, to the wrong people. They catered too much to the High Tiers thinking that grinding to Tier 10 was endgame content. They were so removed from the reality that they forgot a lot of players actually wanted Cold War vehicles and play the ones that had dominated the news when the forumdads were growing up, i.e T-55's, Centurions, Pattons, Merkavas etc refusing to put in a lot of highly requested vehicles in cause they were "Low Tiers" Mean seriously, imagine if World of Tanks or War Thunder even decided that they were not going to include the T-34, Sherman, or even the Tiger? The end result is that new players are completely unable to get a match in AW so they are forever declining in population. They also balanced everything around HIgh Tiers forgetting how it would affect Low Tiers which completely fucked up gameplay at levels where the vehicles were actually fun

As much as I am not inclined to believe mail.ru, I have no problem believing that Obsidian were out of their depth and actually just incompetent. Allegedly Obsidian fucked up all the models they were working on over the last year and all the Balance 2.0 decisions were made by them, not mail.ru. I don't know who to believe for the sorry state that AW is in but one thing is for certain, all the gamebreaking bugs were definitely Obsidian's fault no matter what anyone says. Mail.ru though I've heard have really just been screwing things into the dirt and even destroyed PvE. Impressive really that this is a shitshow of self sabotage beyond anyone's imagination.

Rank 6 is coming to war thunder. Mbt70/kpz70, t64 and m60 ERA have already been announced. I was pretty hype, but then I went back and played the game, and realised it still sucks.
It's a shame gaijin prioritises adding new vehicles which will break the game further, insteading of fixing the absolute mess WT is in right now.

Steel Beasts and Panzer Elite will always be the best tank games, Satan.

Beats what Armored Warfare has done for the past two years which is adding only Premium vehicles and patches that only break the game even further.

The main problem beyond the obsessive vehicle adding itself seems to be that they are very, very obviously skewing balance for the flavor of the month that results from these additions. After the brief rule of King Tiger spam a while back, which I unfortunately never got to experience, British midtier-early late tier have replaced and thoroughly exceeded them them as the absolute cancer, with '49 tanks fighting '43 tanks as par or near-par tier, which everyone excuses with 'but it's a bit slower than the Panther! The side armor is thinner! You can pen the lower glacis if you try, what does it matter if it's an invincible point & click adventure if you're even half competent?' and subsequently Axis early late tier dies. Soviet teams, in addition to being bolstered through the entire tree by myriad ahistorical performance values- I will never not be furious at the T-34s' mobility in particular, it had a 15 KPH crosscountry speed on most all vehicles with the '43 transition to an actually usable five-speed gearbox being only partial, and yet they go at paved road speeds through rough terrain, and nevermind the shell performance or unsimulative camera positioning keeping them from being blind fuckwits- now have a premium clubbing tank in the IS-6 that has then spit on the corpse of Axis late WW2 tier, but won't be uptiered to stop being quite as cancerous because the wallet warriors all kvetch about how then they'll be fodder for the even later bongtanks. That, and people insanely say 'but if you bump it to 7.3 then it'll REALLY just be a better IS-3 )))))' which tacitly acknowledges that it already fucking IS one, except with better matchmaking. Which is not better, because reasons.

You can go as late as the Panzer IV line at RB rank 4.3 and more or less no further before landing into abject misery; instead, you get partial misery, where you can at least mince the enemy without contest if you can ambush or flank them most the time (if M10s/M18s aren't doing the same thing except better with no effective weaknesses, since you're both butter to each other and they're faster & better positioning regardless of player ability) but Jumbos & Churchill VIIs get to dominate every street battle or open plain by plunking their impenetrable asses down somewhere where no one can get to them, or else uncontestedly smashing their way in wherever they please. Gaijin servers being crazy doesn't help, with perpendicular ten meter flank shots into the technically vulnerable side armor resulting in magical bounces in spite of relatively huge pen values on the KwK 40.

I'd say not to quote me- my perspective is purely from playing German, though I understand that burgers have a horrible fucking time outside jumbo clubbing & vehicles around that tier and have been getting fucked from the start- since I more or less ground to the first long barrel Panzer IV a long ass time ago, stopped, and then came back to the current state, cutting my teeth on the shitty assault mode to get a feel for the rhythm of things again, and then cut further with the proper modes, but as far as my limited experience goes, it more or less seems like Axis teams are trapped in clubland at most of their tier brackets thanks to current Wally & Soviet tank preferences, plus the fucked tiering. And then burgers get fucked next by Soviets, and then Soviets by Bongs. I ground out the 75mm Puma PaKwagen, played a couple rounds with a PaK/Panzer III M/Panzer IV F2 list that was quite a bit more comfortable than the usual, and then just stopped again, having burnt out strangling out the victories to earn it in the first place with an all-IV list. The few times I tried using a Panther/Tiger I list in said grind resulted in total blowouts regardless of map by bongs, who either raped with stabilized guns & front armor facing on city fights with every lane of advance locked down or raped from completely across the map on open maps if you poke so much as a cupola out of cover, even if being a flanky dickhead.

Your pic reminds me of the game Robo Army. You play as a slow lumbering mech.

Everything wrong with War Thunder really does boil down to their Battle Rating system.

The shitty part is that if they had let 5.3-5.7 be it's own little bubble it would honestly be one of the most balanced tiers in the game between the nations, but because everyone wants to club at 6.7 if you eve think about queing up you'll be fighting Tiger II's and T29's faster than you can say blitzkrieg. On the plus side at least the BR won't round down like in air battles. Sitting in a 5.7 and then watching a fucking Tu-4 show up out of nowhere is the fucking worst.

As for the new things, if we actually see some new German stuff as the Ami/Rus stuff I'd be pretty interested, but the open topped, no armored, long 88 tank destroyer in a tier where it'll get pounded endlessly isn't my cup of tea.

Playing late German's is pretty suffering already with the Leo, so hoping to see something actually able to take a hit. Even if the grind in grind thunder drives me up a fucking wall, at least Panzer IV's

I don't know if they are finally listening or just making another clueless stab in the dark.

Anyone know if there's any new, hopefully not Russian Dev tank game coming soon that doesn't look like complete and total trash?

Any competent dev please topple these Russian retards. They do not know how to make games, only shekels.

Armored Fist :^)

I always wondered what was the best vidya tank, not tank game or even real tank, but best tank from a vidya game.