WHAT THE FUCK BRINK IS BACK

WHAT THE FUCK BRINK IS BACK

Now as a F2P shooter. Question is, did brink user follow us here? and will his shillvalry begin anew?

Free shit is still shit. You couldn't pay me to suffer through this coat-hanger abortion of a game.

What it needs is heavy modding and rework of most core mechanics. They're not bad mechanics but most of the time they are horribly implemented, broken or useless

That maps are probably the biggest problem. They're abysmal.

Remember the retard times?

and the funny part of it all?

Its got more players right now than Battleborn or Lawbreakers.

Well AIDS is free as well, but you don't see everyone eager to pick that up.

except for negroes, apparently?

wew, it might be time to reinstall this shit after 6 years just for the sake of it. I remember it being pretty fun whenever it wasnt infuriatingly broken

It's amazing how many people here don't get this
or

It's NEGROS.

it has more players than battleborn now

Somewhere the Brink lead dev is getting hate messages from Randy Bob Bandy and Cucky B. and wondering what the fuck happened.

Brink devs laughs, he can't afford an internet connection to check his email with

I remember being interested in it back then because I loved Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory but never bought it because my PC at the time was toaster & the eventual reputation it got. Might give a go now I don't have much to play right now.
I didn't like it. I don't feel like paying to unlock classes that I might actually want to play

The game was heavily advertised as being a team-based parkour shooter, but all the maps are linear and filled with chokepoints

wew lad
Jesus that thing tanked hard. Fuck you, Cliff Bazinga. Gender neutral bathrooms can't save your shitty game.

kind of want to try it out now. Did they fix the godawful performance?

Brink was fun enough when I tried it. I got it for $3, played maybe 5 hours of bots and 5 of online, and felt like it wasn't a complete waste of my time.
I never got too invested beyond "shoot thing that moves", so I wouldn't know about the broken mechanics.

Go see an optometrist, that's 205.

Just play Dirty Bomb. Same devs same game but less awful.

This game was good, the only problem was that the player base isn't smart enough to know how to move, or push as a team. It failed for the same reason evolve failed. Stupid players.

One map really sucked.

I know what you're talking about, but I forgot which one it was. It's the one where the entire map is one chokepoint after the other, right?
Fuck me I pirated and played the game in SP and I still remember it.

It was like the poor section of a city with rusted rooftops and would often have one team spawn camping the other

Same price same deal here, had at least 3 dollars worth of fun over the time I spent on it. Don't remember any bugs either, but the online was completely dead when I played so that probably had something to do with it.

Weird that they made this decision out of the blue. I used to play this on my neighbor's modded xbox on singleplayer and it was meh.
Also, pic related: Why in the world is the framerate capped at 30 in singleplayer?

Completely ruined by being a bullet sponge game. The type of people who make, play or defend bullet sponge games are incapable of understanding why it's so terrible.

These games are still too expensive even when free, that's what the devs and paid shills don't understand. We are willing to pay for entertainment but these shitty games are a negative experience. The amount they'd have to pay you to play it is the real cost of the game. So in the case of Brink I'd probably say $50 per hour is fair compensation. That would be more cost effective than wasting money on shills and marketing. It's the same deal with windows phone. Microsoft should have just paid people a few thousand dollars a year to use the phones. They would have lost far less money and the numbers would have looked better.

It's not the maps it's not the mechanics it's the core engine.
There is something very wrong in Brink that make the game going slightly out of sync with the speed of graphics/inputs/netcode, giving you a near constant impression of lag.

The game is legit broken.

It's back from the brink :)
It was on the brink of doom :)
Talk about brinksmanship! :)

Brink Guy was retarded fuck for letting the game become a Rich vs Poor thing.

I played a bit today and yesterday. Game runs fine although I've noticed rare and seemingly inprovoked FPS drops (happens maybe one game a day), and horrible rubber banding and networking issues (happens maybe every fifth or sixth game, seems to require a server restart)

i liked the game

kys

Time to relive the pain. Its too bad Dirty Bomb is a worse version of this.

Can you play as a loli?

I really enjoy Dirty Bomb, its become extremely easy to earn as much as 10,000 gp for every day if you play like 4 hours a day. With about 5 days of consistent playtime you can purchase the most expensive mercs. If you think grinding for mercs is bad try getting cobalt skins with their extremely harsh rng system. I'm not trying to justify the f2p nature of the game but otherwise the game is great, pretty much Enemy Territory 2.0 with how most of the mechanics are similar. Anyways I've never been able to try out Brink so I'm excited to.