Why don't modern RPGs have crazy/unique characters that you can party up with any more?

Why don't modern RPGs have crazy/unique characters that you can party up with any more?

You're asking why an industry devoid of talent doesn't express more talent. Also, I choose SlipknotxX666Xx

It's not like every game developer from the mid 2000nds and before died user. There are still a few out there who should be able to make something.

The fact they haven't indicates there aren't.

Alfred. I choose Alfred.

Always take the dog NPC.

You'd be lucky if a modern RPG even had party members, let alone good ones. It's all just "Joss Wheden character archetype" or if you're lucky a Dr. Who fanwank character with a different coat of paint rewritten to fit in the game's universe.

Why aren't any RPGs actually good?

kys my man

Alfred of course

Stephen.

no, you're right, they're not dead. it's worse than that. just look at what happened to people like spector or blaszingaski

I have to go with Harry Woolsworth III, grandpa is always a good choice.
t-thanks mom

Because in today's world of overreactive political agendas, since people seem incapable of telling the difference between fiction and reality, writers now write their characters with kid gloves. They make sure they're as safe and inoffensive as possible, because even giving them the wrong gender or skin color can get you labelled as racist or sexist.

The talented ones left.
It's that easy.
They either got chased out because they didn't bowed down to the SJW groupthink or got better paid jobs for less work as a software engineer.
If I look at how much I could make working in a bank as a databank admin with normal work hours, or as a game developer with crunch time and overhours and what not, I'll be stupid as fuck to not take the job that pays more with better hours.

Ofc you can say that passion and desire to make a videogame are strong factors to become a game dev, but looking at how the industry developed the past 10 years I can't fault any talented dev that chose to get the fuck out to simply get a better job.

It would be extremely problematic.

ladaneesha is the best out of these

cat girls, sexy, bodyguards, trained, sex

Easily.
You get surrounded by a band of wasteland raiders and she sasses them so hard they all run away.

Anyway, about the topic proper, a lot of anons already pointed out the issues. They're aiming for bigger audiences and more shekels and think making things more inoffensive/blasé is the winning ticket. The talent has either moved on to comfier livings or is being choked by the execs.
IMHO things won't change unless gaming becomes as unappealingly dorkish as it was, then devs can reclaim the creative reins.

time go to back in time and stop 2007 from happening

Slipknot is obviously the best. He has no real downsides aside from being some edgy faggot who's been bullied too much. Every other character shown is either going to get killed or turn on you at some point, with this guy at least his support will be reliable. He'd be great at suppression. Just ignore the crawling in my skin bullshit and let the guy go wild.

Failing that, I'd take derg. He'd need to drop the dildo though.

Dildog is a package, sorry

what

Spree shooters have the shittiest aim and he'd burn half the ammo gunning for Dequandro who called him a fag in prep school.
I do agree he's probably the only one you could at least get some shut eye around.

This is one of the heroes you can hire in Master of Orion 2. I don't think he has a backstory and he is scary as fuck. I guess you're just supposed to assume what he's capable from the pic. And it seems like he is capable of terrible shit.

Bazooka never made a good game

Well I couldn't care less if America got destroyed since I live in Europe but I would take the NWA since they look like they would be the most loyal companions. I don't know if the other guys could be trusted, besides I've always wanted a violent Nigga squad that protects me from the Muslims and eats Chicken Wings with me.

>you never will have thriller modern RPG with crazy/unique character(s) to find out who killed Captain Alex.

This is the shit we have to live with now. Thanks Germany.

Because it's all about YOU. YOU, you're the MAIN CHARACTER now!! Because some fucking twat decided that taking on a specific role or moniker should be a self-obsessed power fantasy. Because who cares about relying on others when it's all about your power amirite?
That, and no one wants to bother with character design anymore. RPGs have always been escapism, but now it's all about having a world immersed around you instead of getting immersed into a world.
Chris, he looks like the nicest guy. Plus his collection could make any other member you meet useful.
Some of these "members" are already a group a people too, wtf.
>Choosing 3 for a traditional 4-team RPG party. Chris, Frank, Alfred

Some JRPGs are still pretty neat when it comes to unique characters, but I share the sentiment that even there they're still toned down. I can't think of any recent JRPG where there were really crazy, unique characters, on the same tier as Shadow Hearts and Shadow Hearts Covenant.

Alfred or Slipknot. Hard to tell

Just make the character a black lesbian. XDDDDDD
They don't need an interesting backstory, motives or unique talents, silly white boy.
I'll take Ali and try to convert him into a Christ-fag.
An ex-jihadist with a touch of ameribooism would love that.

Is there any reason not to pick laDaneesha?

all those characters are either entirely useless or straight up dangerous to be around
except the dog, always take the dog

Because interesting characters are offensive

Nigger can't even shoot properly on a hot day, why would I want him.
Slipknot is the obvious choice, second is fem/k/ommando.

Lisa was almost entirely "crazy/unique" characters that you could party with, shame the creator is insane now. Small dump of their bios.

Polite saging the rest so this doesn't bumpspam.

Oh fuck, didn't see the dog. He's second choice.

Ali, LaDaneesha, or Alfred.

Ali could be the best choice by far, or the worst. If you could gain his trust and convince him to drop the Allah shit, you've got a valuable hand at your side.

LaDaneesha is kind of OP as a support. Being able to sass her way out of a tough situation is a game changer. And being able to eat southern cooking is a huge morale boost.

I like dogs.

Every fucking time