ITT: Characters that single handedly ruined their game

ITT: Characters that single handedly ruined their game.

I'll start with a couple classics

Why? Just don't use Orlandu

Obligatory Toblerone Girl

Glorious uncensored version here.

Marina and Pearl

Why do people think Orlandu is OP? How the hell do you get to chapter 4 of FFT and not have 5 different ways to break the game, even when playing blind?

/thread

Orlandu is small time compared to calculators any any of the dozen broken shit you can use long before him
In fact, how broken the game is pretty much saves the combat from becoming tedious shit.

tomblerone is the real uncensored version and you know it

What did he mean by this?

I felt calculators had no place in the game, so I never used them, but what else is broken?

Did he just rip out her spine and snap it in 2? Thats really fucking metal.

What was wrong with Glenn again?

Also iirc I found Agrias stronger than Orlandu.

Buffing moves have no upper limit. So you can buff speed to the point of getting 20 actions per turn. Add Haste and Slow status which can last the entire duration of the battle and the ability to buff your Bravery and Attack power, you can have a party whose whole purpose is to buff a single character for 5 or so turns who then kills every enemy in a single turn.

Oh and Ninja's dual wielding ability applies on other skills too so you can apply debuffs using Knight twice in a row.
If Magic attacks are more to your liking then you buff a summoner's faith and then kill everyone on the map in one fell swoop.

Huh. I wish I knew that before.

I guess I was playing the game wrong this whole time.

I wouldn't say she single handedly ruined anything. The entire game was shit.

that looks kinda painful

For you

AYO HOL UP

he certainly ruined it for me

Lightning was just the game director's vassal for their questionable sexuality. Hope, on the other hand, was created to give the pros and cons of child murder, with murder winning out because he was the worst character of all final fantasies.

Who dis Nigger be?

Think he was in one of the Crysis games to replace the original character

Nah, I thought the same first, but it's Spartan Locke from Halo 5 Guardians.

It amuses me how wRPGs almost always fail to create interesting waifus.

She was annoying for that, but the worst was probably the sorceress.

Qara was bad, yes. The original campaign was meh, but the expansion was way better.

He ruined the game buy trying to be another main character, not for being black

for being as shitty of a FPS series, the black characters are typically (out of a handful as it should be) pretty based

naaah

Amusingly enough, Bioware managed to do it with Dragon Age 2.

You get to mindbreak an elf until she wants nothing but being your cockslave.

Does that justify playing DA2, though?

No

Neeshka a cute CUTE!

Speak for yourself.
Elanee was good.

Pirate it if you're really curious.

Fuck you dude.
Misadventures with Neeshka were fun

Not unless you are really bored. And pirate it for fucks sake. Went in at first because of the male elf, who hates mages but will be okay getting butt fucked by a mage mc. Wanted to mindbreak an elfling twink, but liked making the blood mage a race traitor more.
>mfw I exterminated everyone in her camp after they turn on her after she tried to help them
Merrill did nothing wrong.

he's basically the game asking you if you want to unlock easy mode. decline him an the game becomes so much more appealing.
i think some patches/mods nerf him though. not sure.

Why did you make a gore version of Toblerone?

Vaan is a huge deterrent to enjoying FF12.

but the cut girls and their slutty outfits (including Lightning) was the best part about that shitty hallway simulator. Are you gay?

game woulda been hopeless even if she wasn't in it because it was so full of fucking nothing

I should've added Nate's brother too.

Bait aside, in his debut game Sonic 2 he's mostly just a burden. He can steal your air bubbles underwater and kill you, trigger switches and breakable platforms before you're ready. And when you're the only player he makes the special stages twice as hard as normal.

the fake story Nate's brother gives at the beginning should have been the real story of the game since that had room to create something fun

This fucker was a lazy replacement for a character that was already written in. It's the prime example of what was wrong with the game.

I always wonder how these doujins end. There's no coming back for the hero after situations like that.

Eh?

How so

Up until duetanon saved her

>"ruin" a 10/10 literally perfect masterpiece
Heh.

Yeah, like a whole brain is missing on this one.

This fat fuck right here.

Cloud as well.

Oh and this fucker as well. Honestly Corrin is worse than how broken Bayonetta was (and Cloud is sort of a pain to fight as well but meh) just cause it was an Ad for a game that wasn't even out yet that they had the balls to charge for.

Tidus ruined Final Fantasy X

It's a shame since there are other trash characters in terms of design like Wakka but there are also based ones like Lulu and Auron. I can forgive 1 or maybe 2 trash party members in a game like Eiko in Final Fantasy 9 but when your main character evokes feeling of disgust and rage at the game you're playing you almost singlehandedly make an unplayable game.

Do you hate him because he's a jock or something?

Tidus is an awkward manchild who spends the majority of the game whining about something with a dumb goofy grin on his face. He has a laughably bad romance with one of the main characters that's intensely awkward whenever the game tries to focus on it. He's one of the most obnoxious characters in any rpg and his visual design is almost like someone just walked into a tailor and asked them "just fuck my life up fam". He almost treats the plot of the game as if he doesn't give much of a shit about anything that's going on and exclusively cares about himself. (Blitzball, Yuna etc)

The fact that he has fans is mindboggling to me because he ruined a game that had a fairly solid turn based rpg combat system that I legitimately enjoyed.

Nigger bayonetta improved trash 4. She is pretty OP though.

I admit Bayonetta wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't broken all to hell. I don't actually mind her being in the game on its own.

The idea of Samus out of her suit started to ruin Metroid some as well.

Orlandu is OP because he has stronger versions of Agrias' spells. Also, he has all of the sword techs in the game (which you can't get from normal job classes) and he has excellent stat growth. I always killed him and took his crystal for this reason.

Even if you can break the game a hundred other ways (dual wielding monk/hamedo, high AP calculator, etc), it doesn't change the fact Orlandu's kit was broken bullshit.

That's not actually the case, as he's more lost then anything and goes with Yuna to travel the world to figure out how to go back home, and when he finds out he can't, he fights for her and saves her life AND the whole country by questioning and spurning a rebellion against the religious practice that perpetuated a "spiral of death" as the game calls it, to break the cycle of suffering the country went through.

He changes over the course of the story, and turns from a lost child into a functioning adult, which is marked by the end of his character arc in Zanarkand, where he opts to not tell the party about his eventual death so they'll have no reason to not complete the journey to destroy the thing that linked him to the living world.

In other words, you stopped at say, the laughing scene, or didn't play at all, and got caught up in the shitstorm of shitting on the game.

Tidus still wore fucking pants with one leg longer than the other I don't call that a functioning adult

Nah fam game's shit and Tidus is a huge reason why.

There's other games, even other Final Fantasy games that have arcs where the characters grow as people. But in other games the main character doesn't go from an unbearable cunt to a slightly more bearable cunt.

I honestly can hardly tell in most final fantasies, because aside from 1 and 3 where the characters are just vessels for the player, with 5 being a static anime power rangers plot, 6's being very simple due to the character amount, 4 not really being a change in personality but rather a simple "oh shit I served the wrong lord" and then wrecking his shit and everyone else involved to the moon and so on, the only reason you dislike the guy is probably because he isn't Cloud or god forbid Squall.

He's the opposite of the two edgelords. He's positive in personality when you get down to it, isn't shy and makes his voice heard, and simple. In otherwords he's an extrovert who reconciles with his problems pretty easy and is willing to learn.

Kinda hard for you to sympathize with, probably, considering that he doesn't embody your eternal internal emo suffering.

In other words, he's a normal, chipper person thrown into a bad situation.

They did this character in a far less autistic way already

Tidus is like Simple Jack in comparison

literally

They end with her fucking dying my dude

He kinda stayed the same the whole way, though. There was this one bit where he pulled a Squall but the

POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

pulled him back and he was still the same. That's not development, that's just a dip in the road. If anything the best part of the game's story was the fact that it was about a rag tag group learning to get along and the person with the BEST character development in it was Steiner, who pulled a longer version of Cecil's story.

At the end of the day the only thing that changed in that game was Steiner. And he's a better character then Tidus.

Every Tales game needs to have an obligatory spunky child, and this faggot is the worst of the worst.

The characters in Final Fantasy 9 all grow together. Like singling out Steiner is inaccurate because his arc compliments Zidane

Like at the start of the game he hates Zidane and even goes as far as threatening to execute him.

However gradually as the game goes on his core beliefs get constantly challenged and at one point he even thinks the Queen should just imprison him since he's rescued the Princess a few times. Towards the end of the game Steiner elects to stand by his side and help him.

It's one of the themes of the game where Zidane goes out of his way to help everyone around him selflessly throughout the game, and when he gets knocked down he's helped back up. And it feels much more natural to me than a plot where a very unlikeable person learns to be less of an autist.

How did Glenn ruin Chrono Cross? You can choose not to recruit him and he pretty much fucks off after his few events in the town and the manor.

Also he's not the same Glenn from Chrono Trigger.

I distinctly recall him being shit in gameplay too, clunky as fuck to control and his attacks weren't damaging enough to make up for how slow they were.

No, i just don't like girls with stick figure bodies.

Try beating a character that ruined a game that came out almost two decades prior.

How could Ness ruin Undertale?

Too relatable, eh?

Tidus is so bad that he improved the game.

Why is this allowed?

It can be hard to make a child character likeable I think. At least Tales of Berseria got their one right.

can someone please explain why a child ghoul is so farfetched?

cause he survived in a fridge for 200 some years with no food, air, waiter etc. Being a ghoul doesn't make you immortal.

Survived in a fridge for 100+ years, going against already stated canon.

Oh right, duh

now I just feel stupid, but let me guess their explanation is "lol radiation"

pretty much yeah.

No explanation in game, the explanation is pic related.

Is this what ruined fo4?

People hate it because it fucking utterly shits all over the canon, and one of the best choices/consequences present in Fallout 1 regarding the ghoul city present in that game. You steal their water chip for yourself and you utterly fuck them over, because Ghouls need water just like people do.

But Billie there, oh no, he can survive without water for 200 years. So if he's not some kind of super special mega survival ghoul he pretty much retcons that moment out of existence. Literally a character so bad it ruins a game made a decade prior, how fucked is that?

You fags are acting as if bethesda fallout is canon.

True, Bethesda Fallout is fanfiction with a budget. Still, it's more the utter lack of care or thought they put into any aspect of their design/writing that pisses me off more than anything.

It's not hard to avoid being a complete blithering retard when writing a story, it really isn't.

Daily reminder that Pete is Bethesda's pr guy.

It is for them. Dare I remind you of Mothership Zeta?

Should be Todd, I'd believe his lies every day

I mean, here is this asshole whose not even lying, but straight up treating people online like subhumans all the time, and he's their pr guy.

Marie didn't help, but P4 was shit well before she got added to it.

It's amusing how little you know.

Surprised no one posted it before.

While you're absolutely right that he's a shit character I'd argue that since he doesn't appear in the main story he's pretty much irrelevant and doesn't ruin the game

Why is that male albino wearing a breastplate with tits on it? Is he some sort of tranny?

Ulysses is not only shit but also very weird. He doesn't fit in with any other big character in the game, its like an intern wrote him. And they make him out to be some big deal.

Also worth noting he has 10 of every SPECIAL stat.

He ruined his own DLC.

That's correct.

Yeah he always felt like some amateurish mary-sue mod-in character

Tidus is fucking great
You're just a retard

Kaelyn and the bear were the only good characters.
Also, that's either a terrible screenshot or the lowest graphical setting because I swear she looked a lot different.

Opinion discarded, him and Garnet are amongst the worst things about FF9.

Danganronpa's entire fucking series is trash to begin with, I don't see how one character make it worse than the total fucking cancer it already is.
Hell you can blame Danganronpa for ruining other series

What a strange way to spell Yuna