Who is the fastest playable character in videogames? No cars and no cutscenes, gameplay only

Who is the fastest playable character in videogames? No cars and no cutscenes, gameplay only.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating-point_arithmetic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DOOM.
You can get from launching the game to actually playing it in less than a second.

This, and only this.

The whole game is a cutscene though

Asura in his Destructor form is the fastest playable character.

What game, what objects?

Is there an actual limit as to how fast you can go with HSW?

Probably, numbers can only get so big (at least on computers, in real life they go on forever).

The Nerevarine:
easy

Really, it depends on how mario's speed is kept as. For ints, longs, etc. they'll just overflow into the negatives, but if it's kept as a floating point number though, mario's speed could actually become infinite. I'm not sure how exactly the game would handle that.

Is the Nerevarinne faster than Am Shegar?

Wouldn't that be faster than infinite though? Overflowing to negative speed sounds like you'd zip across to the other side of the map instantaneously.

Are you smoking or are you actually this dumb?

Khajiit with 1000 skooma bottles in morrowind.

Take the fastest character in this thread and then put this guy in front of them.

Isn't negative velocity just moving backwards in sm64? if that's the case, then your speed while hsw'ign would always be negative, and it would instead underflow into the positives. Or are speed and velocity treated as different things in the code?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floating-point_arithmetic
>The infinities of the extended real number line can be represented in IEEE floating-point datatypes, just like ordinary floating-point values like 1, 1.5, etc. They are not error values in any way, though they are often (but not always, as it depends on the rounding) used as replacement values when there is an overflow.

hsw'ing*, fug

You know you're fast when you need tricks in order to tamper your speed.
I remember crafting levitate potions with 59874 power and flying so fast in first person view, i had to switch to third in order to do anything because the max speed is tied to the animation of you running and it slowed you down artificially.

So is this how the singularity begins?

ALL STAR BATTLE AND EYES OF HEAVEN COUNT AS VIDYA!

LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A JOB FOR-
LIGHT ARMOR CULTER DEI
WITH MAXED OUT CYBER LEGS!

CALL JIAN-555-EYE NOW FOR A LIMITED TIME OFFER OF 100000 BROZOUFS

Everquest Class: Bard.

Most of you never played this so, let me explain to you what a bard was like in Everquest (and still is on Project 1999). A high level bard can run as fast a gryphon could fly you someplace in WoW.

You can only build up speed so long as you stay stuck in specific places, right? And you only stay stuck in place until the steps of your velocity would place you into a viable location, so theoretically there should be a highest possible speed in all directions from all points where you can build up speed before you'll be forced into a parallel universe.