Reminder that idiots will still put money into this game and Valve will keep doing the same shit over and over again

Reminder that idiots will still put money into this game and Valve will keep doing the same shit over and over again

we've come full circle user, Nintendo was a card company that now makes video games, valve was a game company that now makes card games.

Reminder that nothing short of legal ramifications is going to stop these kikes.
Push for microtransactions to be regulated and taxed and watch these scammers squirm.

What a curious concept.

We shouldn't have fucked with Egyptian deities, this is what you get

I dont know whats worse, that they decided to jump on the card game fad SO FUCKING LATE, that they decided to do it at all, or the fact that they couldnt even be bothered to release any sort of indormation beyond "dota card game". Will it be digital only or what? nobody knows, or cares really.

it will be whatever that gets them most cash

Digital only, Valve won't spend money printing cards.

How does this surprise you? Go back to reddit you dullard.

So what? Valve doesn't make shit I want anymore, why should I care what other faggots waste their money and time on?

Card collecting autists are still a considerably strong source of income and big wig tournaments and special editions can rake in million in profits.
Valve would be fucking stupid to keep this digital only

Yes and?

as above, so below

If Blizzard hasn't done it with HearthStone, I doubt anybody else will try. Now one could make the argument that the way some cards work in HS(there are cards that can summon any random minion that exists in the game, or a card that copies three times a random minion, or one that summons a random minion from a special deck and so on) couldn't work IRL, but that's because they never planned on going physical so they designed the game the way we have it now, for better or for worse.

Why Dota themed though? The lore in dota is one-off horseshit made to pad the gameplay. Just because they managed a couple decent visual designs (although obviously warcraft derivative) doesn't mean they have the material to create spin-offs. It's forced as all fuck and I doubt they can handle it with any grace

It's probably viable because they have a very weak lore that they can make a card game. In the case of a game like Hearhstone, there's so much lore they can pull out of their ass that almost any scenario is acceptable with enough explaining. However, this also means that they rarely go outside the lore itself and introduce entirely new concepts just for the game of Hearthstone. On the other end you have Yu-Gi-Oh and the like where they can shit out literally anything and it can be accepted at face value, but there is little to unify the overall theme. Main reason Yu-Gi-Oh cards get over-designed as years go by With Dota you get this supposedly sweet spot where there is already established parts of the world but they can expand it pretty easily because Valve has been so fucking vague with the lore up until this point.

There's also the fact that Dota autists would actually love to have the lore expanded because the in game shit is so vague it really can't substantiate anything. Is there any other Valve IP they could do? Half-life the card gme? Portal the card game?

Either way the game is most likely going to be shit so who cares.

This is what I was thinking as well. You can make Hearthstone because Warcraft has beings that exist at all kinds of power levels, with spells and items that also cover the same curve. How's it going to work with DotA 2? Are there going to be hero cards that you level up or some shit?

But user, didn't you hear? Portal, Half-Life and DotA all share the same universe!

It's a blatant cash grab and I will not defend it. However Io was supposed to be a multidimensional being from the start so to state Portal is in the same universe is still incorrect. Io is just literally everywhere apparently.

As a dota autist myself I couldn't give a single fuck about the bullshit "lore" and in my experience the ones who do care are not any good at the game. Valve's obsession with card games is disgusting to me, steam was already a piece of shit before they tacked on an "inventory" and fucking meta cards. Who thought that sort of trash was a useful addition to their DRM program? If I have to use a game launcher I sure as fuck don't want multiple half-baked card game ideas built into the interface

I hope that this game has card packs that require you to pay to open them as well just for the small chance that faggots who aren't wise to steam and their jewry might wake up.

.>>13255504
Packs are free, keys aren't (^:

I saw the reaction videos of this being revealed, it was very funny hearing an excited roar immediately followed by the sounds of disappointment.

I'm so confused, who is this game for? Wouldn't DOTA players be playing DOTA? Who's going to play this?

Business like this makes me understand why the kikes exploit the goys. Casuals and normalfags really are easily exploited

This is how trading card games work in real life, though.

I play both dota and card games and those were the exact same thoughts I had when they announced this.
They're not going to get the dota audience, they don't play dota for the flavor and lore, they play dota for the game, and they're not going to get the card game audience, unless the game is really good and really generous with giving free cards to players (and I don't think the game will be either). Most card game players get really invested in their game and have a hard time moving into other things, even if they're better.

whoa

Ironically enough there's people that work on sites that collect information from Steam that know Valve's audience better than Valve

When will you feeble minded faggots learn?

It will print money.

lol found a jew

Valve is probably trying to tap into the mobile market like Blizzard did with Hearthstone. The problem is that Jewish Artifacts probably won't change the formula enough to create an alternative to Hearthstone.

Fucking Reddit

Oh god no.

Who honestly gives a flying fucking shit? Cry me a river you fucking nancy.

Faggots here actually play this garbage, and I meam both these shitty card games which were minigames on full blow games some years ago and somehow had more depth back then and the shitty shallow fucking clickfest its based on.

Prove it.

How the fuck does this make any sense, they're not in similiar in any way

He probably could've just summed it all up by saying that Steam games in general were affected by OW's free weekend, besides Dota Doox.

We had faggots trying to force cardshit from Shadowverse to Gwent and even the non physical garbage Magic.

The International was full of faggots that still play and discuss this fucking garbage.

We've had many Hearthstone threads as well. Since we have threads with people pining over the "good old days" of fucking Halo, there is no low we cant hit.

Reminder that idiots will still put money into this shit and Nintendo will keep doing the same shit over and over again

And what about shitposters who try to derail a thread into yet another console war?

This is because Blizzard is a genuinely incompetent company lead by absolute retards and neon-haired cows, and they just love putting their pride before profits (WoW legacy servers anyone?)
The only reason they are still afloat is because they still have legions of literal subhumans throwing money at every turd they release and the old WoW coffers still haven't run dry

This video couldn't be more relevant

What? Really? I sold most of my cards last week..

People who play video games play multiple kinds of video games, especially the normalfags who play Civ V of all things for their strategy fix. Is it so surprising that 8-15% of Civ V players enjoy shooters enough that they'd spend time playing the Overwatch free weekend when otherwise they might have kept playing Civ?

who would win

I'd prefer ricochet 3 to this

No dota player is remotely interested in this. There's always a small fraction of retards that buy everything released but you've seen the live reaction and the youtube trailer, it's like implying someone would buy federation force or mg survive right?

So what I don't fucking get is if Steam keeps acquiring these tiny teams of people that can actually DO shit, the team that made Portal and L4D2 for starters, why don't they let them keep doing that shit? Do they cannibalize all talent that comes in and force them to be a Steam janitor or something once they make a single game?

Neither, it's the Normal everyday midget with a gun he assembled at a Staples.

what if tinker could refresh midas and cause inflation for his team?

No one knows what is going on in valve's hq. It is a bizarre business model
Do you know how that cooking device became a taunt on tf2? Gabe ate on the creator's restaurant and he loved the food, he's such a fat fuck that they sort of sponsored the creator with the taunt bundled with the cooking thing purchase because he loves food. This is basically how valve operates on all levels

Patch Notes: Hand of Midas cooldown increased From 100-200 Nature's Prophet plus 6 Treant talent added

You can create networth inflation with Alchemist. You have much more networth than what is reflected in battle power. So when your no-items support heroes feed they give away 500 gold each.