Story and characters aren't by SAO's writer

Could this be a decent game?

No (you)'s for you

-Bamco
-Trash anime
-

I would play this if it stuck somewhat to the animu in terms of gameplay functionality.
Except makes swords fucking worthless and tone down the cancer that is Kirito.

Looks semi-decent. Need to see more gameplay to be sure. I don't care for SAO at all, but if it has good gameplay I might look into it.

Considering that SAOs writer is a lucky hack, whatever they put out will be leagues better than whatever the writer could

Looks like it's just a reskinned Freedom Wars.

This game had way better aesthetics than gameplay.

No two years worth of semen, no buy

Ive always been interested in a anime third person shooter-rpg game kind of like borderlands and this looks like it would scratch that itch. Problem is even though it wasn't present in the trailer I know the game is going to full of generic bland harem waifu bullshit that SAO is known for,

Will keep a hopeful eye out for it though thanks for the mention OP

Do I get to deflect bullets with lightsaber?

Hmm, as long as I can be a nigh invincible bazuso-like with a retard-strength shotgun, I might consider it.

mite b good

Given that the anime's whole shtick revolved around guns being useless because Kirito is the best dual wielder swordsman of all time and other bullshit like that, and the point of shooting games is to shoot guns and have fun shooting guns? Probably not. Fuck SAO and all its derivatives.

I can only assume they'll rip the sword mechanics straight from a Star Wars game. Could be good, probably will be unbalanced to shit.

It baffles me that someone can write a story about video games and yet not understand them or the people that play them that badly

That would be a good thing.

The thread can start now.

Imagine the possibilities. It could have worse writers.

Most of these "Stuck in a videogame" stories are pretty much the same in that regard. The only recent exceptions that come to mind are Log Horizon and early Overlord, though Overlord quickly becomes another OP MC wankfest.

If this game doesn't let me go Pale Rider of people's asses, it isn't getting my money.

Forgot to add: looks clunky and grindy, but I like the art direction.

There's a manga called One Sense Online that's pretty good. Main Character discovers special abilities in the game because he picked only the worst and shittiest abilities in the game, and it turns out they can be used together in neat ways that no one bothered to figure out before. Despite that, he's not OP, he just has access to shit other people haven't seen before.

I want to see something where the MC is extremely overpowered, but the game also cheats at high levels to an absurd degree, possibly because there's some real life prize involved and it's just a scam. So the challenge is based on this guy obsessively breaking the game to its absolute limit and still being rebuked, so he just keeps fighting harder and harder.

Use youtube-dl and mpv to watch youtube videos without giving anyone shekels.

This game looks like it might not be shit, but after watching Bamco put all the best gear, best skills, and all the level cap increases in paid DLC for Hollow Realization, they earned themselves a permanent place in my boycott list.

calm down cunt

I looked it up out of curiosity, seems to be called "Only Sense Online" rather than One.

Seems to be an interesting read, thanks for sharing.

Trash.

If anyone had any brains in their heads they'd make a GGO:Second Squad game.

But people are idiots so that will never happen.

It does look like it needs more work. For monsters, I think it would be more practical if they could attack without being stationary. This didn't matter so much for SAO:HR because everything was a close range weapon. But here everyone has guns and can easily run backward to avoid anything a monster throws at them. Having more aggressive monster would make it more hectic and fun for me. As for enemy soldiers, I think they take too long to start shooting back. With all that cover and a 4 man team the game gives you, I think the humanoid enemies should attack sooner and more often. Enemy snipers can stay the same, aggro wise, in trade off for more damage. Though I'm guessing the player has an over leveled team for the demo and that's why it looks so easy.

The sword play definitely looks clunky as hell. It worked really well in SAO:HR (after all the updates) but definitely not here. They should give you a great deal of movement options compared to any other class besides the universal anchor/grappling hook everyone has. I can understand if they don't give you a straight up sprint because then everyone will have a sword as their second weapon simply to get around the map faster.

Probably not.

This doesn't look singleplayer.
I've lost interest.
What the fuck is SAO besides a supposedly shit anime?

Is this a console only game? The aiming makes me think that.

A bunch of light novels based around the idea of .hack. They're shit, but the girls have pretty good designs and the games range from decent to bad. Like, if the gameplay mechanics and ideas for SAO Hollow Realization or Lost Song were given to a better company like 2005 Capcom or SEGA, they could make something great out of it. But as it is now, they're low budget and it really shows. From bland enemy designs to tons of reused assets. Great ideas, bad execution.

This looks to be an online game. Thought it would be a TPS RPG or something similar.

I like the style, I was excited for customizeable characters but now my interest is lost.

I know it's a console game, nigger. I'm asking if it will ever be brought to the PC.

looks terrible and boring

.Hack came out in 2002 and it focuses more on character drama than videogames.

You have to look at Overlord for what it is: a comedy about misunderstandings. The OP MC part of it is never in question and from the start it never has about the MC's journey to become more powerful to take down the big bad/save the world/get a harem. Since he's the big bad, wants to take over the world and came to the new world with a harem.

I doubt it.

What the fuck are you talking about? How are two chicks(who arguably pussy whip you and you can only choose one or the other) a harem? How's the Overlord an OP character when all he can do is summon discount goblins?

A series about the mc finding an ophax build and desperately trying to bullshit everyone else into thinking its chosen one magic so that it doesn't enter the meta would be fun.

nevermind this post, wrong overlord.

What does that even fucking mean?
Bamco has increasingly been making PC ports from licensed to non licensed games with the only exceptions right now being Summon Night, Gundam and Digimon.

Again, ignore my post. I wasn't paying attention and I confused Temco for Bamco.
I wouldn't mind some Gundam vidya on PC though, Ultimate Knight Windom doesn't cut it for me.

>> That post…! It has a (you) insignia!

Nigger you best not be implying that this dogshit anime is any good.

That would be fun.

You didn't even bother looking at the trailer in the OP before asking questions, and you call me a nigger.

No clue why they haven't brought something like Full Boost to PC despite it already being on consoles. Gundam Versus is relying on DLC so it makes sense that they won't bring that to PC. Most would pirate the DLC (and rightfully so).

Everyone here knows the anime is shit. But that doesn't mean the games are shit. Saying that, they're barely good.

was right, this is Freedom Wars with the power of licensing behind it. Maybe that'll get it enough money to actually be a finished game now.

Not with that art style.

Is this the game they said they were training Premiere for?

Is that a genderbent Kirito?

Whatever happened to Premiere anyway? They said the game would get an update to imprint the personality those jap twitters would give her, right? Did they scrap that after she got Tay'd?

no

Well it looks like an epic ANIME game to me im 12 btw

NIGGA
IT HAS 'PC' IN THE NAME OF THE TRAILER
YOU TELL ME MOTHERFUCKER

I don't click on youtube embeds

hate those baits, same shit happened with gamers!, and new game series.

I know user, I want the "Stuck in the Video game world" concept done up by ONE too

user of you happen to still be here, the only thing that ended up pretaining to for character habits in battle.