Souls-like video games

What's the best Dark Souls inspired game?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/fQoku
ghostsonggame.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hollow knight XD it's like dark souls… but 2D!!

I have a Dark Souls inspired nickname for your mom, OP.

It's Gaping Dragon

Dark Souls is not a genre.

Everyone knows its a genre now.

What game is that?

Skyrim

Dark Souls is not a genre.

Doujin concept art.

Salt and sanctuary. I'm waiting on either PS4 piracy or a complete edition to try nioh.

Sam Fischer ain't so pretty anymore

Anyone played both Risen and Dark Souls, how do they compare?

the only thing they have in common is they are both fantasy, and you fight things…

Risen 1 is good in it's own way, at least the first chapters

Take your pick. :^)

NO FUCKING WAY!

Dead cells is nothing like meme souls

Neither is Risen.

What?

Since we're posting fictional game artwork

And SoTC
That list is full retard

I would honestly play this.

I think you picked the wrong door, the LOL thread is two blocks down.

I've picked my thread and I'm staying in it.

They can't be serious. Those games are nothing like Dark Souls.

I want this cancer to die

I don't know, what is there in the Memes-Like Genre?

But they have third person swordfighting
They're 1:1 copies of Dark Souls

Small time.

archive.is/fQoku

Still not a genre, Demon Souls/Dark Souls is just an action adventure game that happens do have a death mechanic millennials weren't familiar with.

I never played Demon's Souls but I wish people gave it the credit it deserves, if anything OP should be asking "what's the best Demon's Souls inspired game?"

Aside what's already posted there's also The Surge and Necropolis.

Also this.

MediEvil is the dark souls of the souls-like genre.

Oh I guess I should contribute something to the thread other than making people angry/laugh at casuals by mentioning King's Field. That was made by the same guys as Demon/Dark Souls but it came first. You can see proto-souls elements in it rather clearly.

Armored Core is better.

Armoured Core isn't a souls-like game.

I never said it was, I was saying it's their best game series.

Still not a genre. Plus, Nioh only plays like Dark Souls if you play it like a fag and don't take advantage of stuff like ki pulsing, stance switching and flux.

You brought it up when people are discussing the best souls-like game, of course people are going to assume that's what you're saying. If that wasn't the intent then why bring it up to begin with?

You didn't even say that, you just said it was better. user. you're such a fuck up.

ninja gaiden on nes is the only good souls game

Dark Souls isn't a genre. The only thing Souls did that was new was the "collect currency after death". Everything else could be attributed to other games (Metroidvania, Monster Hunter, and other action/adventure games)

Dark soles? Never heard of that song before. This is a board about video games OP. Please stay within topic.

crash bandicoot obviously

i'm considering finally picking up bloodborne. i remember hearing a lot of complaints that build variety was basically absent from the base game, should i play it with the dlc the first time through or do that afterwards?

Dark Maus is actually pretty decent. The enemy AI have unique behaviors. The spiders were especially nasty to fight. Short game so if there is a crack of it, give that a try and then throw shekels at it if you like it.

Bump.

Has necropolis gotten any better?

The old hunters feels more like an essential patch than DLC. You'd be doing yourself a disservice with just the base game.

Why?

Because soulslike is indeed a genre, and I actually like it very much.

Uh huh, and traps aren't gay.

If trap is attracted to women, then he's not gay.

I know you're a little bitch but that doesn't make you a woman, fag :^)

Ebin projection fellow redditor.

Oh sure, we're all just like you! Whatever helps you sleep at night, Mr. Homosex.

Wanna help me sleep at night mister straight boy~?

It is. Pure faggotry in both cases.

Uh, Monster Hunter has controls quite comparable to dark souls. When I played it, it reminded me of PSO meets dark souls

Sad!

I could see an argument for The Witcher series being a bit like Dark Souls with how it can be quite difficult and features mainly swords and sorcery.

BUT FUCKING SHADOW OF MORDOR? THE FUCKING GAME YOU CAN BEAT BLIND FOLDED BY MASHING SPACE?

This is the best Souls-like game

King's Field

lmao that's all it takes for something to be SOULS LIKE?

Gonna have to say Nioh. It borrows elements from it while adding it's own unique mechanics to it.

Surprised Sinner Sacrifice didn't get mentioned yet since that looks like an actual souls clone.

**I think it looks alright so far but something about it seems off.
The studio being named another indie doesn't help either**

It's a shit list but gotta give credit to anyone who recommends Dark Messiah.

I'm not saying it is, I'm saying it's at least ARGUABLE that it could be considered something a Souls player might also like to play because it has some common themes. It's an argument someone could have about whether they're alike enough to be considered "a game like Dark Souls". Shadow of Mordor, not so much.

Diablo ripped off Dark Souls so much. Why are they so brazen bros?

Lost Izalith, Blighttown, death mechanics. It's literally the same.

Not even once.

Don't forget how Diablo 2 lets you "invade" other players.

Dear God, she's so cute I can feel my heart melting.

Source?

Hope you like the surprise.

Nah, faggots like him make those posts on purpose.

Thanks, I'll check her out now.
*Googles Bailey Jay*
Oh she's done some good por…
*sees dick*
BLEACH
BLEACH
HAND ME THE BLEACH RIGHT NOW
I NEED TO CLEANSE MY EYES!

I want reddit to go home.

See?

Is this Holla Forums?

Nvm, I knew it was to good to be true

I'm actually not a Reddit user anymore. Not after I was banned from the few subreddits I actually went to.

So thank you very much, I'll be staying here and there's nothing you can do about it.
And if you wanna keep whining, I'll just report you to the mods.

Yes, I fully regret my decision.

Reported

Dude, don't report me you idiot. You're starting to make me made.

Holla Forums 2017: Cliff Bleszinski Dubbed 'the Dark Souls of Interracial Cucks'

Don't be a faggot.
Linetrap is our spirit animal.

Are you a member of the alt-right? I only hear those people use that word.
If you are, I really can't associate with you.
How do you feel knowing your nazi jerk club killed an innocent girl.

Visit >>>Holla Forums our politically correct part of website.
Politics outside of Holla Forums are forbidden. Sorry.

Absolutely sickening. All those people should be jailed, plain and simple.

Make sure to like and subscribe!

*whale

It's in reference to this image.

Shut up.
SHUT UP.
I'm not even joking right now.

Slandering an innocent girl who was just protesting against the rise of facism is the lowest you could possibly go.
You've got me shaking right now, I'm so fucking annoyed with you.

Sieg heil and all that jazz, I guess.

Did you see how fat she was? She was obviously a meat eater and anything but innocent. All Meatcucks need to be jailed, plain and simple

Don't be stupid, be a smarty.
Come and join the Nazi party!

I agree that meateaters are murderers by proxy, but how do you even know that girl ate a lot of meat.
You can actually become overweight from eating vegetables and fruits. It's also possible she had a terrible thyroid problem. A lot of women have it.

You're right, we could've donated her fat body to science, she was the answer to the heat death of the universe seeing as her very being broke the laws of thermodynamics by producing extra mass out of nothing. Too bad those evil nazis killed her, she was the answer to all our problems.

That's it.
I'm done.
FUCKING DONE.
I've become so fed up with you idiots.
I don't even know what to do anymore.
From now on, if any of you assholes respond to me, you WILL be reported. Period!
Maybe then you'll fucking learn how to act like a proper human fucking being with remorse and sympathy for other people.
That girl could've very well been you (unless you're a heartless piece of shit nazi, in which case I will laugh when you are thrown in prison and tried for treason when we inevitably make being a nazi illegal in America).

So that's that. I've warned all of you.
Take heed to my warning.
I'm a very important and powerful person.

When your HP is reduced to 0, you will orgasm.
You can keep fighting for 3 orgasm cycles, but you will be weakened.
As in mythology, every drop of spilled cum is life force lost.
You can cum to death if you're not careful.

If you die, another hero will take your current hero's place.
Dialogue changes depending on how many heroes you lose.

sweet victory

Antifa are crazy Left Winged extremists, there is no possible way you can seriously expect me to relate to her. Antifa are not normal libertarians like Bannon, she deserved it.

This was truly a dark souls of bait.

Checked mate

Typical souls thread.

You're truly the dark souls of anons

So do you actually not know how rules are enforced? They even spell it out for you that some light shitposting is okay, provided your posting history isn't anything but shitposting.

ghostsonggame.com/

Anyone remember this game? It was suppose to come out in 2016 and it's been awhile. Right now on the dev's twitter it looks like he's still developing it.

I was excited for a darksouls/metroid hybrid.

some fatty fucked up and killed another fatty just another day in america who cares fag

>Deleted all posts by IP address in a thread:
Someone give this man the dark souls of cakes.

I've wanted to get back into it for ages, but something about Dark Souls 1 feels weird to me. I found some skeles in the first area after the crow picks you up, yeah? And I know that blunt damage traditionally works better on them than piercing or slashing, so I switch to the hammer I found. It's got the same damage numbers, so I figure I'll be fine. But I ended up spending at least 30 seconds on each individual skeleton, only for a second group to appear with a big skeleton among them.

Is it supposed to feel this slow, or am I playing it too much like newer Souls style games?

Truly, Ninja Gaiden is the best souls game

You could replace Commie with Nazi and Cold War with World War 2 and the sentence would still be true.

Lords of the Fallen is an awful game, so don't get it.

I tried it, didn't seem that bad. What's so wrong with it?

webm related

The original has Nazis. That's the edit.

Shit slow combat and awful boss fights.
I found going through the areas and fighting the normal enemies to be fun enough, but the bosses were the worst part of the game.
I fought two of them, both had tower shields and I was told most/all the bosses were like that. They pretty much never dropped their guard and the few times they did it was down for such a small time that you could blink and miss it.

Unlike most games that get accused of this, Lords of the Fallen really was just a bad Dark Souls ripoff.

So should I go right? Or are the skellies hiding something good?

The skellies are hiding the sword of kings, don't turn around until you get it.

Except monster hunter existed long before Demon souls ever came out…

Some of the early parts of Dark Souls are out-of-depth unless you know what you're doing. However it's worth learning how to traverse the catacombs early since you can get early mask and fire weapons. Better yet, early +5 chaos if you dare trek to Lost Izalith with a glitch.