What were some moments in gaming that gave you goose pimples

What were some moments in gaming that gave you goose pimples

the metal sonic fight in sonic mania was fucking awesome
so was the final boss of MGS4

"Escape" in Thief Gold.
It's been literal years since I've been scared by a game, but that did it.

Final boss in MGS 4 was hands down the best part of the entire game, yeah.

The way it cycled through all the songs from all the mgs games is the only way they could have ended it well.

This song and the god tier boss fight that came with it.

The fight between 9S and A2 at the top of the tower in Near a Tomato.

The first time I played the final mission of ace combat zero and pixy reappears.

SF4 announcement trailer

They're actually called brap bumps

user, Mount Snakemore had me laughing on the floor for five minutes because it was so retarded.

The battle against Geetz in Megaman Legends 2 was pretty fun and gave me chills every time the music started up

If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

on the heels of that

shame the game was bad.

Why did the Nazis actually raid the mental hospital in the beginning?

I was really dissapointed with this scene. It was simply too stupid of an idea that they would make their own mount rushmore. It really wasn't a good game either. Good sign that the series had died. A jump the shark moment if you will.

This whole scene

Also MGS is shit

Everything after MGS3 was pure diarrhea, sure, but the early games were great.

Pic related. Especially phase 2. ;_;

Nope

I liked this one.

This and every final mission of the holy trinity.

FIFY

If you listen real closely this is where undertale's creators again ripped stuff from, the game was just bits and pieces of previous games all lines up with relatable antifa brony mascots. But I thought the Glide fights were way more pumped for some reason. There was a sense of urgency in MML2 and that's why we can't have MML3 because Capcom and Inafune hate fun good games.

You know what's coming, don't you user?

Cause they're le ebil nazis xD

This boss in the original Star Fox.

Can only be fought on Route 3 Venom Orbit (Route 3 is the hardest difficulty).

Normally in space levels you default to cockpit view, but the game deliberately pulls you out of cockpit view for this fight. And then that foreboding music plays and you see this behemoth assemble itself in front of you.

The Great Commander is considered by many to be the hardest boss in the game because, without bombs, it's extremely difficult to hit its tiny weak points, and as you damage it more it fires more and more shit at you. It's basically a battle of attrition.

Even once you beat him, you have to fight him again on the planet's surface in his robot form.

Final bosses of everyone's favorite Metal gear.

I don't think it was bad per se, it just didn't hold up to 3rd Strike.

They were taking patients for experimentation, I think. That or just doing the rounds to collect degenerates for extermination. Had been going on for years.

For the thread:

No, fuck you

I remember a lot of moments like this, but few specifics.
For example: beating the Elite Four and Champion for the first time.

Same here. Not the first time playing it though.

The first time I saw it, I thought it was awesome.

Then I replayed the game 7 years later, realized how silly the entire series is, further realized that MGS4 had some of the silliest shit in it in the entire series, and had a good laugh.

Ending is still good for what it's worth.

Seeing the symbols of all those mysteriously locked boxes suddenly showing up all over the walls of this place was legitimately shocking. Christ, there's so many moments in this game that just made my jaw drop.

The ending of Twilight Princess when Midna starts breaking the mirror. Hearing the music from that still gets me a bit.
Lennus II, when you actually get to go to Lennus and the devs kept it more or less the same as the original, with the entire surface being available.

This part was great.

The catacombs in the Skyrim Undeath mod. Marching through all kinds of ancient crypts and burial sites and fighting the undead every three steps is your bread and butter. But there you creep through a vast, branching network of cramped burial chambers barely being able to see where you're going, trying to find all clues and not get lost while constantly expecting the powerful necromancer and his apprentices to spring their ambush any second now.
And there are just no enemies. No little skeleton to smash in one blow reassuring you that you're not outmatched. No challenging draugr whose final death signals that the threat has passed for the moment. Nothing. Just eerie catacombs filled with hundreds of corpses that might suddenly rise and encircle you. I played through this at one in the morning, sleepy, uncomfortable and concentrating on not freaking out when something inevitably attacks. This level really gave me the shivers.

And then you find the necromancer's apprentices and easily dispatch them, and their boss is alone and so deep in his research that you can easily get the drop on him. And then feel stupid for having sneaked around for hours. But it's absolutely worth it.

This is horrible. This is actually horrible. Why can't I think of one?

Two moments if I may cheat.

!. Auron's portion of the Yunalesca speech. After witnessing how generally stoic Auron was throught the game, seeing him burst into a rousing speech about taking your story into your own hands and overcoming destiny fucking pumped me up Made all the more better by seeing him get struck down beforehand.

2. >That Mobius Squad take rollcall into «All aircraft follow Mobius one!» into AGNUS DEI
That shit had me ready to fly inside Megalith full burners.

Even I'M wondering how.

wtf are you hearing that sounds like undertale there?

Playing as Richter in Hotline Miami 2. That was when I realized I was identifying with him. It was worse when I remembered I killed him the first time around.

Than you see barren Planet core in Spire.

Maybe you are just emotionally numb.

Dunno if this was a hardware limitation of by design but holy shit, it made elders dragons way more imposing than everything else.

These two are something I'll never forget.

Jesus FUCK the moron playing that sucked. Not performing aileron rolls to deflect enemy shots, and not paying fucking attention to the targets.
DUSGUSTING.

Because you're a fucking weeb.